AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 72 67.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 17.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 5.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-19, 06:26   Link #61
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Very nice episode, and the "you don't know this city's true form" made me understand quite a bit about Kazakiri.
Everything is becoming interesting.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 06:43   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
He is related after all to two mad scientists of Academy City. Damn makes you wonder if he read about Telestina's work.
I get the impression that he probably thought of Telestina's work as small fry, what's a bunch of kids compared to a monster Like Accelerator?

But surprisingly, I never thought that Amata would turn out to be so compose, you would think that he would break out the troll face from the way he talks in the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post

- Vento enters but Aleister treats her as she is just a small fly!
Did he say that? He might not be worried, but I assume he has to give her credit for single-handedly taking out Anti-Skill without laying a finger. In his monologue, this is a far greater threat than the previous two attempts to destroy his city.

But it's times like this that I'm glad Aleister is the evil villain that he is, anyone else would have lost to Vento...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 06:53   Link #63
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

wo the long awaited fun showtime begins nice episode very intense
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 06:54   Link #64
raruku

awesome plot, awesome quality !!
raruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 07:02   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After 18 episodes, this anime is finally getting interesting. Really interesting. It was a smart move to save the budget for this arc.

Can Accelerator be the main character from now on please? He's so much more entertaining than the preacher.
Old 2011-02-19, 07:02   Link #66
Stefkov

I've always liked this show but I've felt a little disappointed since the second season started.

Now it looks like it's going to get awesome.
This was a great episode but I really hate Accelerator's voice, it sounds kind of squeaky at times but I guess that suits a mental teenager.

There's so many characters I struggle to remember who's who at times. I need to read the novels.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 07:03   Link #67
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Did he say that? He might not be worried, but I assume he has to give her credit for single-handedly taking out Anti-Skill without laying a finger. In his monologue, this is a far greater threat than the previous two attempts to destroy his city.

But it's times like this that I'm glad Aleister is the evil villain that he is, anyone else would have lost to Vento...
He said that somehow. He definitely referred to her as "weak". And I never considered AntiSkill a big force myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
This was a great episode but I really hate Accelerator's voice, it sounds kind of squeaky at times but I guess that suits a mental teenager.
Hmm... For me Accelerator's voice is like 50% of his awesomeness! Especially his crazy laugh!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 07:08   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He said that somehow. He definitely referred to her as "weak". And I never considered AntiSkill a big force myself.
Anti-Skill is the only official armed organization of Academy City. There's others like the [Hound Dogs] that are the covert units, but the majority still falls under Anti-Skill.

Even if (hypothetically) they are only 1% of the population, that's still 23 000 soldiers.
Old 2011-02-19, 07:15   Link #69
Stefkov

Quote:
Hmm... For me Accelerator's voice is like 50% of his awesomeness! Especially his crazy laugh!
It's just when he starts screaming/shouting and he goes really high pitched, like Eiji in Bakuman, it makes me cringe, the rest of the time he's awesome.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 07:53   Link #70
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yup, like I've said, not brutal enough- They're cutting back on their red paint

I suppose that means we wouldn't get to see the infamous "Jaw" scene...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Personally found Accelerator at his worst when he was without his powers than when he has them.

But yeah, no way the jaw scene will be kept.
Spoiler:
well if they could put toumas chopped arm in season 1 and stiyls skin being ripped they can probably put it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Can't remember that scene clearly, if there was a more specific reason or just because of curfews.

Well, I guess today was the National Punks Vacation Day, then. The day where all delinquents decide to not be one and follow the rules.
it was ep 17 of railgun i believe woth the green haired Anti-Skill newb
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 07:55   Link #71
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I'm a bit blown away on how good this episode was. I actually felt really bad for Accelarator and the plot seems to be coming all together with Aleister's appearace. What was the Radio Noise Program? Is that the Capacity Down thing from Railgun or the Sisters project or a completely different thing which hasn't been mentioned?

Kihara Amata's smile is not Beatrice enough but I give him props for me wanting to punch him. Poor Last Order too.
Old 2011-02-19, 08:11   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I'm a bit blown away on how good this episode was. I actually felt really bad for Accelarator and the plot seems to be coming all together with Aleister's appearace. What was the Radio Noise Program? Is that the Capacity Down thing from Railgun or the Sisters project or a completely different thing which hasn't been mentioned?

The [Radio Noise] is the official name of the Sisters Project that is the clone a level 5 Esper, for military purposes... Officially anyway.

Aleister had also brought up the [Imaginary Number District], more commonly known as the 'Artificial Heaven', somehow it's the key to his plan to defeat Vento.

Everything from last season is coming together, including the need to use Last Order.
Old 2011-02-19, 08:21   Link #73
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Needs more Guile's theme, because we all know everything goes with it.
No please, enough with this theme x)
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 08:32   Link #74
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Fukin amazing ep. Love kiharas VA and its better when u understand what he's saying. I give him the"Villain of the season"award.

Also,love how tough vento thinks she is.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 08:45   Link #75
AlaAlba

Haha! this episode really makes me want to reread the novel. I forgot what happened after this...

what volume again for this one? hmmm... *searches*
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 08:52   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Haha! this episode really makes me want to reread the novel. I forgot what happened after this...

what volume again for this one? hmmm... *searches*
This is the ending chapter of volume 12, the next episode starts volume 13.

My advice? Hold it in Resist the urge to read the novel just yet!
Old 2011-02-19, 08:59   Link #77
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a very entertaining episode. Let's just hope they don't screw it up now.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 09:28   Link #78
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I'm pretty sure Kihara would have beaten him up even if he was at full power. This is the person who raised and developed Accelerator's ability, which means he knows every single little thing about him and how to counter his attacks. He knows precisely how long Accelerator's AIM field extends to and is able to pull his fist back with insane timing at the right moment so that the force hits Accelerator instead of being redirected towards him. This is a feat impossible for anyone else, and normal people still won't stand a chance against Accelerator if they decide to cross him.

And you shouldn't ignore the Hound Dogs he killed before Kihara made his entrance. They were fully armed and Accelerator still tore through them like they were nothing. The anime didn't even show completely how brutal he was in doing so.

The original scene in the light novel:

Spoiler for volume 12 hard way, hard luck:
As I said before, the Hound Dogs have all the tactical acumen and soldiering skill of a blind, retarded, paraplegic 3 year old....A single guy, armed with a shotgun with only a very limited time for his albeit godlike powers and they cannot take him down despite being armed to the teeth and numericallly superior. Spec ops my ass...
Old 2011-02-19, 09:46   Link #79
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow, great ep. If this is how i'ts going to be from now on i can't wait. I like the whole series but this seems a notch above the rest.

So who was Sasha talking to i don't remember seeing her before? Also i didn't quite understand what they were saying, unless it was all a joke.

I thought it was nice that Accelerator went to get the disinfectant, it shows that he's changing. Felt bad for him though when he was fighting Kihara. Even if he was at full power i don't think he would have won, since Kihara gave him his power he obviously knows everything about it. Enjoyed how he used his last effort to save LO. Didn't think he would ask for luck and help. Looks like Index will have some fun now.

I'm guessing it was Aleister's call to take him out but wouldn't he be needed since he's so strong. Waiting to see what his plan is with LO. Did he mention Kazakiri as a weapon? That should be interesting.

So i'm guessing it was Vento's spell that made all the anti-skill people faint, but why didn't it work on Touma? It was so sad when LO was crying for help from Touma. I wonder how she landed and was able to find him.
Old 2011-02-19, 10:35   Link #80
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Sasha's speaking to Vassilisa.

Nice artwork with the icon and Academy's night scenes.

Is pretty poetic how Touma's and Accelerator's paths cross again. The spell didn't work on Touma since....Imagine Breaker....