AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-18, 10:37   Link #25141
Rovert10

The thing hidden in Touma's arm was something people have theorized back with Terra even then nobody thought it would be the magnitude that Fiamma encountered.

Fast forward to NT, that quite a few people are quite aware of the threat now including the Majin.
Old 2013-04-18, 13:29   Link #25142
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
I get the thing about 50-50... she got lucky, but at the time Fiamma "watched/sensed/detected" what was sealed in Touma's arm, he realized he would lose, and in at least one instance, La Persona Superiore a Dio has been stated to be superior to Majin
I remember Birdway thinking she would have been able to do something about Touma's Invisible Thing. She also seemed confident that she'd be able to beat Othinus.

Shouldn't Birdway be weaker than both the La Persona Superiore a Dio and a Majin?
Old 2013-04-18, 13:48   Link #25143
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I remember Birdway thinking she would have been able to do something about Touma's Invisible Thing. She also seemed confident that she'd be able to beat Othinus.

Shouldn't Birdway be weaker than both the La Persona Superiore a Dio and a Majin?
I can't remember both of your statements, care to quote?
But either way you're thinking too linear, the Toaruverse is more a matter of compatibility than pure powerlevels, that has been explained more than once with the Kanzaki SS and the Stiyl one ... and everyone safe Touma is compatible with Othinus.
Old 2013-04-18, 15:02   Link #25144
Birdway
Banned

Quote:

Uh?

I don't recall any instance where I say that.

Maybe she can deal with the invisible thing but with Othinus?
I don't think so, what I get from vol.6 is that Birdway + Brunhild had both a trump card against Othinus.

Perhaps, some kind of spell/attack/tactics that takes advantage of Othinus' 50-50 coin
Old 2013-04-18, 15:05   Link #25145
Rovert10

A powerless child could beat Othinus should Othinus get the negative 50%.

Maybe there is a way to swing the 50-50 in your favor. I mean Orthinus is looking for a way to make the 100% positive for her. If that's possible then making it 100% negative could also be possible.
Old 2013-04-18, 15:25   Link #25146
FallenHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84

It is very possible that Birdway was not completely aware of what the Invisible Thing was capable of. After all, her battle plan against Touma fell apart thanks to the fact she was unaware that Imagine Breaker could be used to redirect powerful attacks. Since her information on Imagine Breaker was incomplete, I highly doubt her information on the Invisible Thing was any better.
Old 2013-04-18, 16:07   Link #25147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Confidence has never been directly proportional to power.
Old 2013-04-18, 16:21   Link #25148
moridin84
Custom User Title

I was sure she said something about dealing with the invisible thing but I cannot find it.

As for her beating the Othinus...
Quote:
“What will you do?” asked Leivinia Birdway. “Obviously, I am not doing this for free. I have my own reasons. A fair amount of sacrifice was forced onto me to obtain information on that spear, after all. I will be using you as bait to draw out that Magic God. But once that is over, you are free. I will end it all for you if that is what you wish.”
I took that the mean she was planning to draw out the Othinus and kill her herself. Now that you mention it, I suppose it makes sense that she was planning to team up with the other two against Othinus.
Old 2013-04-18, 18:32   Link #25149
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I answered all the non-rude ones

Spoiler for ?:
Techincly Index can use magic. She has just been made to belive she can't and telling her would pretty much get her killed by the churches remote because she would basicly be a Majin.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-18, 18:37   Link #25150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She can't use magic, the pen mode is the seal to that. You really think these guys work on the honor system? Of course they would seal her as insurance.
Old 2013-04-18, 19:47   Link #25151
Rovert10

Didn't all those events with Fiamma break those seals and restrictions though?
Old 2013-04-18, 19:50   Link #25152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Laura is still holding the last remote control.
Old 2013-04-18, 19:58   Link #25153
kagato3

but as I said Index can technicly use magic. Pen mode doesn't seal the powers only prevents her from useing them by overrideing her personality if she trys.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-19, 01:10   Link #25154
AIMBurst
Supah-Compiutah

Huh, I have a question about Seria and Misaki, I know it has nothing to do with the current topic, but... It is possible that both knows Touma before he lost his memory? You know, childhood friends of him. Well, by Seria is confirmed she knows him before he lost the memory, but, and by Misaki? It's only a theory based in the mention of Mental Out for Touma in the first novel and Railgun Manga #47. Thanks for your attention.
Old 2013-04-19, 01:12   Link #25155
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Seria might know him simply from being in the same school =_=

Misaki is up to anyone's guess.
Old 2013-04-19, 01:16   Link #25156
AIMBurst
Supah-Compiutah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Seria might know him simply from being in the same school =_=

Misaki is up to anyone's guess.
But this isn't confirmed in the LN, no?
Old 2013-04-19, 01:19   Link #25157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIMBurst View Post
But this isn't confirmed in the LN, no?
Nothing is confirmed yet about this.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:48   Link #25158
cleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nothing is confirmed yet about this.

Its mention in the first volume that Touma knew about a level 5 esper with mental powers at Tokiwadai Middle School. It wasn't implied that he knew her personally. At least that's what I take from the dialog.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:07   Link #25159
AIMBurst
Supah-Compiutah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Its mention in the first volume that Touma knew about a level 5 esper with mental powers at Tokiwadai Middle School. It wasn't implied that he knew her personally. At least that's what I take from the dialog.
But think, even if it's a theory, Seria know Misaki, Seria know Touma before his memory has lost, and yes, it's a stupidity, but maybe Misaki knew Touma personally.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:26   Link #25160
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Given how popular the level 5s are at tokiwadai, that's not really saying much.

Look at last weeks episode of railgun- even criminal scums has heard of Mikoto as the electromaster, does he also know her personally?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen