Notices

Old 2015-03-12, 02:07   Link #13341
The 48th Ronin

Two words: StuG Life...

The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 13:15   Link #13342
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The AMX CDC is such a good tank. I suck at it because I tend to overextend and rely on armor too much, but the potential that comes with its immense mobility, superb DPM and pen, and awesome gun depression/elevation is sky-high. It pretty much improves on the STA-1's playstyle in every single way, only sacrificing size. I don't recommend it for the unskilled and faint-hearted though. It's shockingly easy to die in it.

Images
one of the less sucky games I had yesterday
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I was so addicted to the speed of this tank that I made 2.5 million credits mostly playing just the CDC in one day.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 21:07   Link #13343
Gravitas Free Zone

9.7 looks like it is an attempt to rebalance the game a little such that armor is more effective (by nerfing MT and TD standard ammo penetration) and a blatant cash grab that makes people blow funds on premium ammo/premium tanks to pay for the premium ammo (by nerfing MT and TD standard ammo penetration—but not changing premium ammo at all—which also invalidates any attempt at making heavy armor more effective).

There's the "mediums should be flanking" argument, but that depends on the map. At least there's rumors that the stupidly-corridor-heavy maps like Sacred Valley and Karelia might be modified again.

And the Foch 155 continues to get no loving.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2015-03-15 at 22:27.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 23:00   Link #13344
Gravitas Free Zone

T, are you running double repair kits on the AMX CDC? It does take ammo rack crits all the time, but my loader doesn't have Safe Stowage up yet (starting a new crew in preparation for the AMX 30).

There are not too many things I do not run an auto extinguisher on. I tried using the Charioteer with food instead of the extinguisher (on top of BiA and vents) and it actually improved the handling to the point where it felt like a real tank, but the very next game I took a hit to the engine and burned out. Argh.

Meanwhile, this was intended to be a throwaway game to unload a few rounds of standard HESH that I had lying around; instead of selling the ammo outright it made more sense to run the tank, since it's a replacement crew that needs training and it's a 3x crew experience weekend.

Images
And this happened.

Still got pretty beat up, had 85 HP remaining at the end. Finding out that I'd squeaked past the Maus for the Steel Wall was a nice bonus. I was sticking my neck out on the hill; the Maus made a late-game run straight across the field. Also, MAUS, vs. the Cent 7/1 which has good armor in exactly one location. At one point three shots bounced off the gun mantlet within the space of two seconds.
Old 2015-03-16, 09:00   Link #13345
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
T, are you running double repair kits on the AMX CDC? It does take ammo rack crits all the time, but my loader doesn't have Safe Stowage up yet (starting a new crew in preparation for the AMX 30).
No, but I'm considering trying that. I hate how every other hit damages my ammo rack even with Safe Stowage. I can get used to the paper armor, but not when I take crits to everything all the time. Next time I play I'll see how many times the CDC burns and determine if it's worth replacing the AFE with another repair kit.

Also, the AMX 30B looks like a worse Leopard 1 in almost every way, judging from the test server stats. I love French tanks but unless WG buffs it I probably won't get it since it doesn't seem to have any unique advantages over its peers unlike the BatChat and 50B.
Old 2015-03-16, 20:56   Link #13346
Gravitas Free Zone

Tried to land on top of the Grille, only managed to ram it.

But that suspension...

Images
That bump should have broken all of the torsion bars.

This probably would have looked even goofier with an HD-model tank.
Old 2015-03-17, 20:41   Link #13347
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I seem to always get my best games in Prokhorovka or its varient. Must be due to my recent tendency to play fast tanks almost exclusively.

Images
AMX 50 120 Ace Tanker
Old 2015-03-18, 17:02   Link #13348
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The AMX CDC is such a good tank. I suck at it because I tend to overextend and rely on armor too much
I agree, you need to play more like this guy:
Images

Strong hull-down position. Stayed there the whole game. Was shocked to see he somehow had a shot's worth of damage at the end.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 18:01   Link #13349
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh, hull-down. I had a moment two days ago where I was trying to pull into a hull-down position behind a bump and suddenly found myself parked on top of it. It was lag, my ping went from 40 to 400 for a little while.

This turned out to be dramatically unhealthy, of course.

Meanwhile, from Rita's: Japanese heavy tank line may start with... a Tiger (ONE Tiger) that never made it to Japan.
Old 2015-03-18, 18:03   Link #13350
The 48th Ronin

That Japanese Tiger? Oh boy...
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 09:27   Link #13351
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I agree, you need to play more like this guy:
Images

Strong hull-down position. Stayed there the whole game. Was shocked to see he somehow had a shot's worth of damage at the end.
Wow, that sure is a powerful hulldown position. The extreme slope not only protects his hull from enemy fire, but also his turret and gun. Not even T92 or Conqueror GC splash can go past it.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:16   Link #13352
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Wow, that sure is a powerful hulldown position. The extreme slope not only protects his hull from enemy fire, but also his turret and gun. Not even T92 or Conqueror GC splash can go past it.
Yeah that guy is a tactical genius. Judging by his overall stats I think he manages to find positions like that a lot.

Here's another hero of an even higher caliber though - http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....oon-yesterday/. Bragging about a game in a sealclubbing platoon of the most OP tank in the game where you get 1 kill and less than your own tank's hp in damage done is PRO. Certainly worthy of its own thread.
Old 2015-03-19, 23:45   Link #13353
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

So I heard they nerfed viewrange bad.

Is it time for me to pick up the T20 back up to start slaughtering blind TDs and heavies from range again, or did the accuracy nerf also ruin that fun? I kinda miss that ugly princess.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 00:55   Link #13354
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
That Japanese Tiger? Oh boy...
Meh, I can take out heavies with my MT. I have not played WOT lately because of WOT Generals CBT.

The card game needs luck and skill. I find it strange. Anyone else played it?
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 01:32   Link #13355
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
So I heard they nerfed viewrange bad.

Is it time for me to pick up the T20 back up to start slaughtering blind TDs and heavies from range again, or did the accuracy nerf also ruin that fun? I kinda miss that ugly princess.
Don't let the sigma change affect whether you play or not. The accuracy is closer to the post-8.6 accuracy than the pre-8.6 accuracy and still has very few shots flying to the edge of the circle. What it did the most was reduce lolsnapshots from fully traversing Russian heavies and 183s, and unaimed shots in general. Fully or mostly aimed shots still hit a lot, you just have to be more patient with them.

I was also very fearful for the sigma change, but it's so minor that after a few battles I mostly forgot about it. If anything has affected me, I get hit less in my fast tanks when heavies 300m away are frantically swinging their guns around to try to shoot me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybola View Post
Meh, I can take out heavies with my MT.
What a coincidence, so can I.
Old 2015-03-20, 18:47   Link #13356
Gravitas Free Zone

What am I going to do with all these Canadian flags?
Old 2015-03-20, 18:53   Link #13357
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
You better use them all or I'll have the mounties throw you in the hoosegow faster than a lumberjack can drink a bottle of maple syrup while watching hockey...eh?
Old 2015-03-20, 20:55   Link #13358
VDZ

Quote:
Keep them on your account without ever using them or even looking at them. That's what collector's items are for, aren't they?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 22:07   Link #13359
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Don't let the sigma change affect whether you play or not. The accuracy is closer to the post-8.6 accuracy than the pre-8.6 accuracy and still has very few shots flying to the edge of the circle. What it did the most was reduce lolsnapshots from fully traversing Russian heavies and 183s, and unaimed shots in general. Fully or mostly aimed shots still hit a lot, you just have to be more patient with them.

I was also very fearful for the sigma change, but it's so minor that after a few battles I mostly forgot about it. If anything has affected me, I get hit less in my fast tanks when heavies 300m away are frantically swinging their guns around to try to shoot me.
Right on. I'm hunting Tigers for fodder tonight.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 15:44   Link #13360
VDZ

NA players: Fcm36Pak40, T14, TOG II* and Panther/M10 will be removed from the in-game store and premium shop.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks