AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-24, 01:55   Link #101
Cyprene

Right after making that post earlier today, I watched an episode of naruto, where a blue-haired character with a trident sword was attacking Gaara.
"Hey, she's pretty cute!" I said.
"He's a guy.", my friend said.

Every time it can possibly happen, it happens. I'm glad that traps don't exist in the real world.

Either way, the main character is Tatsuma Hiyuu, the dude in the hoodie who seems nonchalant about everything. Interestingly, the primary mechanic of the game left you, the player, in COMPLETE control of Hiyuu's personality, you controlled the emotion to which he responded to every statement every character made. You could decide who he liked, didn't liked, wanted to hit on, thought was ugly, etc. Kind of a neat mechanic, but the net result was that the "official" Tatsuma Hiyuu was a total blank.
That's why in the anime you never get a feeling for what he's REALLY thinking about anything.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 15:09   Link #102
7Th
Mixtape

Hey, 2nd episode is out. Can't dowload here or enter 2chan... how's the animation? It keeps it up? I must know if my excitement was justified or if I was just SpeedGrapher'ed.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 15:13   Link #103
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Re: #2

Oh thank god, a real introduction ep showing when Hiyuu transfers and they all meet. Whew.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 15:14   Link #104
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Re: #2

Oh thank god, a real introduction ep showing when Hiyuu transfers and they all meet. Whew.
Yeah, I was sure that was going to happen... BUT HOW'S TEH ANIMATION?!
Old 2007-01-26, 15:16   Link #105
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Yeah, I was sure that was going to happen... BUT HOW'S TEH ANIMATION?!
As of 7:30 in, :^: :^: :^:

Spoiler:

Also, the OP is really irritating. Screaming metal rock and whatnot.

Okay, just finished it.

Very brief summary is:
Spoiler:

But yeah, the fight at the start and the end were same level of quality as ep 1, so definitely quality.

Last edited by aroduc; 2007-01-26 at 15:29.
Old 2007-01-26, 16:06   Link #106
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

Quote:
As of 7:30 in, :^: :^: :^:

Spoiler:

Also, the OP is really irritating. Screaming metal rock and whatnot.
Sounds like a winner to me!
Drytchnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 16:37   Link #107
Doria

That's a big relief to hear. My biggest concern was that the animation would be just horrible after the first episode. Since the raw quality is already questionable, that would have been tragic...

I don't care if they skimp on the animation when the guys are just sitting around talking, but to have an action series with poorly animated action would make me very, very unhappy.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing the episode tonight.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 16:42   Link #108
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

It's definitely the same quality, there's just less of it. Like, maybe only about 3 minutes of fights as compared to the 8 or so in ep 1. The rest is mostly character intros and random wandering about town.

I remembered what the OP reminded me of though, Bleach's 3rd OP. Generic sorta whiny sounding rock... but with random gutteral yelling interspersed throughout.

Last edited by aroduc; 2007-01-26 at 16:53.
Old 2007-01-26, 17:21   Link #109
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's definitely the same quality, there's just less of it...
What he said.

Spoiler for ep 2:

And Lady Misato in a kimono is the cutest thing since... I don't know when.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-26 at 19:47.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 17:28   Link #110
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post

Spoiler for ep 2:
and this fact alone is enough for me to keep watching ~ basically youve said it all about this ep ^__^ amazing kick ass action in ep 2 not to mention their inkeeping with making monsters as gruesome as possible lol ^__^ and if this continues then this series is a keeper

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 18:41   Link #111
7Th
Mixtape

Good to hear it remains consistent. Downloading now.
Old 2007-01-26, 19:42   Link #112
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
It's a quality episode.

Just wish they would focus on the main character more. Honestly, none of the other characters in the special team seems interesting other than the main character.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 21:13   Link #113
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot for Episode 2: To compliment Sonhex's brief overview! The series has yet to make much sense in regards to storytelling, but since the story has always been a secondary thing for me to enjoy any series in general, I'm just going to keep enjoying the animation until it dries out. Then, may be then, I'll try to figure out why am I glued to another of these genre. Since I also have distinct disliking for any too-goody two-pants character in any series, especially in these shounen rendition, I have my utmost loathing for the Ojosan at this point. The only thing I'm curious about from this episode is the content of the love letter. Hiyuu-kun was offered a bowl of ramen right after he read it!

Quote:
Toona gets a few more laughs, tailing her scoop with cute charm.

*click*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 14:28   Link #114
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
... The only thing I'm curious about from this episode is the content of the love letter. Hiyuu-kun was offered a bowl of ramen right after he read it!
Not sure about that either, I'll wait for the subs. I do think that girl with the eye-patch might end up be playing a more significant role though. Just a hunch.

Spoiler for ep 2 animation stuff:

Here's a special treat:

Spoiler for chibis:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-27 at 14:53.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 18:05   Link #115
Doria

Oh, those are adorable! Where did you find them?

Yeah, I heard from the song TL that the OP was very, very difficult to make out. I'd imagine it's the combination of possibly oldish Japanese mixed with screeching rock-style screams. Not sure that's really my cup of tea, either.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 18:35   Link #116
Cyprene

It's those stupid screams. If you accept the idea that the screams are untranslatable then it gets really easy.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 18:46   Link #117
evil-samurai

Yay! This episode is actually a good follow up episode to the last. Though personally I wouldn't of cared if they didn't include this and just went from where episode 1 left off. But hey I'm not complaining.

Still cant get the image of Masataka, out of head when looking at Tatsuma >.> especially when we see him in fights.

Un-expected shot at the end but I loved it
Spoiler for cute no?:
@ Doria The picture is from the official Blog site =)
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 19:20   Link #118
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I wish Misato sooner or later becomes what happened to Sarah Kerrigan: from a wussy, boring woman to the Queen Bitch of the Universe. Ohohoho~

No, seriously, if Misato transformed into something awesome that changes her attitude and her demeanor totally but still lets her fight for the good side, that will be so awesome.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 23:47   Link #119
wao
OK.

Oi oi oi, what was that?!

I was totally expecting to just skim through episode 2 and get on with my schoolwork, but .... That OP!

Spoiler for me fangirling about the OP and the show's visuals:

You know, it's not like this show is awesome or anything - a lot of things feel archetypical and like a collection of various enjoyable shounen anime cliches. And the monsters are all cheesy (albeit well-animated and varied in design). And the plot could be totally predictable...

But who cares!!! I think I can get interested in the story just on the basis of a nostalgic throwback to evening shounen anime from my "younger days". So sue me I really get a huge kick out of people suddenly starting cool fights in school and being all "hay we are superpower club u wanna join?!" sort of. It's just so... anime.

And to quote a certain $evil_multinational_fastfood_company - I'm lovin' it. This is just sheer baseless entertainment for me... I can say I'm so interested in seeing the dynamics between Aoi and Kyoichi - but who am I kidding? I shan't bother trying to justify myself. Don't think, feel!

Now I can only say this if they keep up the quality of the first ep. Because you have to have the eye-candy in order to pull off shows with random monsters (see how Speed Grapher sadly failed in that aspect).
I can tolerate some drops in animation since it's quite foolish to expect it to keep up exactly the same level; but I do hope they do it with polished shiny style and "aw damn that's cool" kind of stuff.

Oh, one last thing. It doesn't help that Kisaragi is so...

In a BL fangirl's mind, there's already enough to start fantasizing about because of the tension/friendship between Kyoichi and Tatsuma. But I won't go on about it here because a. I don't care for it and b. I'll get dashed into pieces by some of you guys here :P

Yay. I feel so entertained now.

Last edited by wao; 2007-01-28 at 00:28.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 23:57   Link #120
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am desperate to get that 2nd ep ( subbed ) . The first ep got me hooked onto this show and reading the summaries make me want it bad .

Tags
action, supernatural