AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-01-01, 02:07   Link #121
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well i guess my Saints ain't winning the Super Bowl...Freekin under-achieving bums...

I'll go with any team but the awesome cheating Juggernaut called the Pats...

Hey ya gotta hate now & then, ya know?
Old 2008-01-02, 14:24   Link #122
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well for next season:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

For this season, I just want to watch Brady-Moss/Welker/Stallworth stomp everyone ^_^
Old 2008-01-09, 01:27   Link #123
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Smile A very fitting end unto a great College Football season:

Another great college football season ends with LSU ending the season with a astounding of patience and perservience, losing two games on brutal OT's put them back into the grace of making it far and through a crazy College Football season. Now they are on top as National Champions:

Spoiler for LSU National Champions::

My view on this years College Football really show is.......well already too late to put it on my perspective but I'll just say this quote from some legendary coach in the NFL, who know's how it feels and this should be in everyone's mind on College Football:

Spoiler for PLAYOFFS!:

Thanks 2007 College Football Season!

NFL News and Notes:

Spoiler for Hall of Fame Joe Gibbs retires as the 2nd time of his career.:

Spoiler for NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS GAMES REMINDER::

See you guys later!

Last edited by Highman; 2008-01-09 at 01:46. Reason: Because more editing!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 03:18   Link #124
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

SEC FTW!!!! I'm a UT Vols fan but I was happy to see LSU win over OSU. Then again, I was drugged up from anesthetic from surgery and Lortab so I was happy for a lot of things. But still it was great game to watch too. There was one spectacular catch that LSU made for a touchdown in the second quarter that got me really paying attention to the game (I was just sitting there only listening to my MP3 player).
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 01:34   Link #125
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Hey ya gotta hate now & then, ya know?
Well for once we agree on something. Thumbs up to you.

Divisional round picks

Pats vs Jags - Pats. Jags might rough em up some with their big, tough defense but ultimately they don't have the offense to beat New England.

Colts vs Chargers - Colts. Chargers and their silly fans believing a fools gold win in Week 10 means they are primed to beat Indy. You have pissed of Peyton and will feel his rage. Also, future HOF QB Philip "I yelled at Jay Culter like a Frat Boy on MNF lol!" Rivers has never played in the RCA Dome. I've been there, the Colts are my team, and you could rip the loudest fart in your life when the Colts are on defense and not hear it. Or smell it. It's so loud in there, all of the sound waves reverberating off everything would kill the odor in fractions of a second. Fools gold I said.

Cowboys vs Giants - Cowboys. TO played with a broken leg in the Super Bowl. You think a high ankle sprain will keep him out of laying it on a division rival for the third time this season? Hah. Props to Peyton's Little Bro for his nuts finally dropping and playing a great game against the Pats and winning a wild card game against the dominant, championship-level play of the Tampa Bay Bucs. But this is a much different matchup and almost none of it favors the Giants.

Packers vs Seahawks - Seahawks. This is my upset special of the week. Holmgren and Hasselbeck are playing a familiar opponent but the Pack has a good secondary so they will have to bring their A-games. Unfortunately for Seattle, they tend to either bring their A-game or their F-game. They don't really have an in between. If they bring their A, they'll beat the Packers.

OT - Is Favre ever going to freaking retire? He's like the Dick Clark of the NFL.
Old 2008-01-11, 14:01   Link #126
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I would u pick the seahawks over the packers look at the stats the packers are way better even if the seahawks beat them the last time they meet
Yea i read that Washington Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs Retired and that the ravens coach got fired
Old 2008-01-11, 17:21   Link #127
monir
cho~ kakkoii

My upset pick is going to be the Jaguars over the Pats.

Giants are going to beat the Cowboys simply because the giants are superior running teams.

Greenbay is going to take care of the Seahawks simply because the Seahawks aren't nearly as impressive when they are on the road.

And Coles takes care of the Chargers.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 04:24   Link #128
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Well, I went 1-1 in my predictions for today's game. Seattle let me down after the good start they had. Gotta give the Pack more credit next time, they totally proved me wrong. Worth noting is how easily the Jags moved the ball on the Patriots. If they let Peyton do that next week, watch out. Ultimately the Jags secondary did them in. Their defensive strength is mainly in their front seven, so Tom Brady was able to go nuts. Indy, on the other hand, has a secondary that lays wood and a front seven that can shut down that scrub of a RB, Laurence Baloney (dude has padded his stats with big days against NY Jets, Miami). Dude is a bust. Next week will prove it.
Old 2008-01-13, 14:46   Link #129
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
Looks like The Colts might do it today. And I hope so. I may live in San Diego, but I don't like the Chargers. I can't wait until next season when San Diego plays my team in San Diego; Carolina Panthers =D.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 17:35   Link #130
devildog23
Summerlurking

Lol so much for the previous superbowl Champs huh? 28-24 Chargers AT Indy. What bums. Well there goes the chance for the Patriots losing before the Superbowl.

So far the only team left that I want to win the Superbowl are the Packers. I'm still upset about the Jags losing yesterday.

For the game going on right now, I picked the Giants, but it looks like it'll be tough for them to pull through. I hate both Cowboys and Giants because they took up all the playoff spots for the Eagles...
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:31   Link #131
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Giants 21, Cowboys 17. Seems I'm not having much luck this year... my picks are 1-3 for the divisional sectors (win to Packers)
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 23:06   Link #132
Jack_archer
Mecha Pilot Alchemy Div.

Send a message via Yahoo to Jack_archer
well i won 50 on the Packs and Hawks game and GO GIANTS! so for the Packs and G-men, i'll go for maybe 10 dollars
Jack_archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 09:08   Link #133
Kristen
*Author

It's a shame I didn't enter any sort of pool this year... I've gotten every pick correct so far.

If LT plays, I'm picking San Diego and the Giants in the Super Bowl.
Old 2008-01-14, 22:22   Link #134
devildog23
Summerlurking

No offense, but do you really think the Chargers will upset the freaks of nature called the Patriots on their home turf?

LT WILL play as already stated, but he won't do much. Phillip Rivers is Questionable.

My picks for next week. NOTE - I might edit during the week before the weekend.

Chargers @ Patriots - 17 - 28 Patriots - Chargers may keep it a close game until the second half. Their defensive game plan is probably to put pressure on Brady. Pats may use some draws and screens and get some big gains. I think LT will have a decent if not bad game, under 100 yards. KEYS TO THE GAME - Obviously controlling the clock. O - Chargers need to rely on Phillip Rivers to control the game, if he plays. Pats need to protect Brady and limit turnovers. D - Charger need their corners to come up big and Pats need their Line to come up big.

Giants @ Packers - 24 - 28 Packers - I REALLY wanted to pick the Giants in the upset, but I have to go with the Packers. Brett Favre will have a big game seeing as Giants have a makeshift secondary, and Ryan Grant may have another 100+ yards(saying 200 is going too far). Eli will have a good game, but Packers defense will swallow Brandon Jacobs and other Giant's backs whole.

I feel like an ESPN reporter...Lol if I get these totally wrong I'll look like a total ass, but thats ok with me.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 23:21   Link #135
BladeStone

Chargers over Pats upset
Greenbay over Giants

You heard it here first.
Old 2008-01-15, 15:12   Link #136
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Pats over Chargers - Colts were the last hope to stop the Pats. Now it's up to the Giants to pull off a miracle just because a Mannig, granted an inferior Manning, is there. Hence, my next pick is the...

Giants over Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog23 View Post
I feel like an ESPN reporter...Lol if I get these totally wrong I'll look like a total ass, but thats ok with me.
It was funny how the picks all went against the Giants from all of these wise commentators and the experts... and bam! I won't make fun of you if you get that second pick wrong. Well, may be a little.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 16:08   Link #137
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I say its gonna be Chargers Vs Packers at the superbowl if tho hate chargers
Old 2008-01-17, 03:10   Link #138
Samari
World's Greatest

Jacksonville played their hearts out. New England is just that good. Hopefully Jacksonville can get some more pressure off the edge to help out that Cover 2 of theirs. And maybe this offseason try to get David Garrard a more prolific target. Maybe someone like Chad Johnson. But they had a pretty good season. I was very impressed. Jack Del Rio's gamble with Garrard payed dividends. But perhaps a lot of the credit should go to that new offensive coordinator of theirs.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 13:20   Link #139
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Jack Del Rio used to be a pretty overrated coach in my opinion, but this year he took a banged up team to it's first playoff victory in several years and played good football against the Patriots for a half.

Patriots vs Packers in the Super Bowl. It would be one of the most magical moments in sports history if the Packers win, and Favre retires at the post game ceremony, having slayed the undefeated Patriots dragon. I really hate the Patriots, but in this case the enemy of whoever beats my team is my friend, even if it's the Patriots. So for one week, I hope the Pats win.

At least no one can blame Peyton for choking this time. His WRs and defense let him down bigtime. Dude threw a lights out game. Even the two INTs weren't even close to being his fault.
Old 2008-01-17, 14:09   Link #140
Roxasvsriku
★★★★★
*Graphic Designer

Hmm... I don't know, the Giants nearly beat the Pats late in the season and just recently upset the Dallas Cowboys last week. I think they could beat the Packers, but I believe Green Bay is still favored in that one. I'll say Patriots vs Giants for Super Bowl... just to replay that awesome game.
Roxasvsriku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports