AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-22, 16:12   Link #401
magnuskn

I am not sure at all if that will be Vajra vs. Humans. After all, the banner seems to be a bird-human.
Old 2010-12-22, 16:55   Link #402
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I am not sure at all if that will be Vajra vs. Humans. After all, the banner seems to be a bird-human.
If we take it for symbolism, we could suggest that Sheryl goes Sara on someone, which goes nicely with all the destruction. Could it be Sheryl's blood type will actually come up in this version? Remember in the park with Ranka, Sheryl, and Ai-kun, Ai-kun spots Sheryl's earrings and it triggers a memory of the picture of Mao wearing that earring, then he squeaks and runs. It could be foreshadowing to the next movie. Mao, the earrings, Sheryl, all have Protoculture in common, and Protoculture knew about the Vajra and practically worshiped the things. I think this relationship is going to get a lot more development. As to how it will play out, eh, the imagery is definitely abstract, but it seems to suggest Sheryl as a force of destruction waving the flag of Protoculture while Ranka is more or less peaceful, if magical girly. It rather exaggerates what happened in the last episodes of the series, with Sheryl singing Frontier on to victory and crushing the Vajra menance while Ranka (barring her mind control phase) wanted to reach an understanding with the Vajra and make peace when she ran off with Ai-kun and Brera.

I still want that poster.
Old 2010-12-22, 21:19   Link #403
darkplataform

New PV!!

Spoiler for script:

Spoiler for online trans:

P.S. As soon as someone posts a correct translation, i'll delete this one

Last edited by darkplataform; 2010-12-22 at 21:47.
Old 2010-12-22, 22:46   Link #404
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
New PV!!

Imagine that...someone filmed the trailer at the Budokan show. I wonder if they recorded the whole concert?
Old 2010-12-23, 03:57   Link #405
moncikoma

this is bad...it seems ranka is together with alto all the time...
Old 2010-12-23, 04:04   Link #406
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^Don't jump the gun. The trailer isn't the actual movie.

And until there's a clear version of it I'll just stay and ogle at the Sheryl poster (which I love so much, obviously *points at avie and sig* *).
Old 2010-12-23, 04:07   Link #407
magnuskn

Trailers are often intentionally misleading. I won't go into a "Ohmigogmigogmigod!" hyperventilation for Kawamoris amusement.
Old 2010-12-23, 10:16   Link #408
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
this is bad...it seems ranka is together with alto all the time...
How come I see the opposite? I see Sheryl is with Alto all the time

Don't worry, the movie is only two months away and then we will find out the real answer...the wedding scene seems to suggest Alto finally makes the decision...and the woman in wedding dress seems like Sheryl....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-23, 10:35   Link #409
magnuskn

Which of course means that WE WERE RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG HAHA!

j/k

We will see what happens. Even if Ranka "wins" in the end, I'll be okay, since I have mentally separated the movie continuity from the series continuity and Ranka is far more pleasant and responsible in the movie.
Old 2010-12-23, 10:42   Link #410
justavisitor

if you guys are right means that Ranka is with Alto, then please allow me to be on the wrong side

I guess we finally agree on something, albeit a bit different: if Sheryl "wins" at the end, it will also be okay for me since I also have mentally separated the movie continuity from the series

But if Ranka wins....then movie is the true end...I like the feeling where I can't lose either way XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-23, 11:00   Link #411
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
P.S. As soon as someone posts a correct translation, i'll delete this one
[] comments mine:

Quote:
S: Sheryl
R: Ranka
A: Alto
G: Grace

S: In an "inner power" stance says, "I am alive for songs/Songs are why I exist [or something like that]"
R: When I remember that time, I feel mysterious
A: I will protect you even if it takes my life! (Addressee unknown)

S: On top of a bed (?), rolled up like a ball, says, "I am a prisoner (?) captured by a goblin (?)"
Leon [?]: The false diva
S: Coughing up blood (Perhaps wearing a jersey)
G: Beaten up appearance
R: Head hung low, eyes are obscured, "Sheryl is Alto's..."
A: Say it, you're not alone

Alto is shot (?)
R (and perhaps S): Alto, open your eyes!

S: With teary eyes says to Alto, "This is a secret between only the two of us." The tear falls on Alto's cheek (Is Sheryl moving in space?)
Then a part where Sheryl and Ranka are on stage.
G: The final stage. It's started.

R: I will certainly sing, she says to Alto, and she embraces him. I could not tell if Alto returned the embrace, but it's definitely not a kiss. The location is probably in outerspace, maybe in the passageway of Battle Frontier (?)

A: Puts on the earring on his left ear. "For the sake of ending this war!"

S&R: Sings back to back in a pure white outfit (wedding dress)?
At the end they are singing, "Sayonara no Tsubasa" [This is the title of the movie, the Wings of Goodbye"]
I think there is news about this song in the movie thread [Anyone knows anything about this? I'd love to hear it... ]
Because I think it's kind of light, I personally don't expect Sheryl to be singing it.

A church bell sounds, and someone in a wedding dress is shown.

There is a battle scene in the middle, and there is a conversation between Michael and Klan.
There's also a scene where Brera's eyes open

After this there's [a picture] Sheryl in a pink nurse outfit making a heart sign with her hands
And I think there are images of Sheryl's motif
Old 2010-12-23, 11:02   Link #412
Lancel

To me I feel that if there is a winner in the movie, then said girl wins in both. Unless it's OT3, then I disown it. Only thing is for some of us it will be a very long time before we can see the movie (10 months for the DVD to come out for the last one), and I am concerned the whole plot will get spoiled, but I do want to know one thing from the movie when it hits theaters, and that's whether or not the Love Triangle concludes definitively. I don't want to know who wins or how it concludes, just if it does. Well, you can tell me if it's OT3, then I have ten months to get over the head banging phase and actually enjoy the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile
And until there's a clear version of it I'll just stay and ogle at the Sheryl poster (which I love so much, obviously *points at avie and sig* *).
Aww, I was going to do that.
Old 2010-12-23, 11:13   Link #413
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Tochiro, Save, Josue (all from MW) and I had a nice little roundtable with the Tokyo Macross Fan Club last night, and we talked about this a bit. Tochiro's opinion is that there simply CAN'T be a "winner" or a "loser" in the movie, since both girls are simply too popular. I was reminded of the interview with Yoshino from the Official Fan Book, where he says that Kawamori told him, at the first Budokan concert, that it would've been bad to see Megumi and May'n on that stage and think of one as a loser.

Josue earlier tossed out the idea that maybe they'll kill off Alto in the next movie, but he may have been joking. Still...it'd resolve the triangle, no?
Old 2010-12-23, 11:16   Link #414
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
Aww, I was going to do that.
The early bird catches the tasty worm.
Old 2010-12-23, 11:17   Link #415
justavisitor

polygamy is the only way to go XD
Old 2010-12-23, 11:20   Link #416
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
polygamy is the only way to go XD
Oh, stop it. Your sig promises "relatively sane discussion," which should preclude any talk of polygamy.
Old 2010-12-23, 11:22   Link #417
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Why would polygamy automatically be insane?

Old 2010-12-23, 11:24   Link #418
justavisitor

relatively sane discussion is in Ranka fans club lol (Read the first line of my sig XD)...this is macross sub-thread, where sane discussion doesn't exist

Besides, I really think the macross setting allows it (polygamy)
Ok, i will move on XD

edit: like what BetoJr said, why would polygamy automatically be insane?? XD
Old 2010-12-23, 11:26   Link #419
mike_s_6

I personally would like to see Alto choose, if only to satisfy my curiosity on "how much rage"... But since that's not really a good thing, either for me or for those who will get angry, I also feel like they should not. lol
Old 2010-12-23, 11:28   Link #420
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Why would polygamy automatically be insane?
Because there's been no evidence that polygamy has existed in the Macross universe, and Alto is hardly a trailblazing iconoclast.

IMO, of course.

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song