AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-03-13, 17:43   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Chapter 22 (“Turning Japanese”)

Chapter 22 (“Turning Japanese”) (version 0.9)

TL;DR…
vol 02 ch 22 content
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-04 at 21:34.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:24   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

About 3/4 done with next chapter. Mild amusement of watching Sashiko and the band growl their way through a punkish tune, woof.

I initially thought I was closing this volume out but there's a little more "owl-stretching time" to cover before Volume 3 starts.

YouTube
Old 2013-03-20, 10:26   Link #143
Sniperthe0ne

This looks great. Did you make the 3D model characters yourself? if so what program. I see you have really put alto of thort into it.

Rock bands are not my thing but I did read some and it is well made, characters seem interesting and have there own flair.

I cant give a full summarie since i have not read much of it only due to the fact that it's not my thing but from what i did read it i was into rock band this would be a great read for me.

Good luck with everything.

Edit: On second thort i will give this a read. I should know by that I cant just pre judge things so quickly XD

Last edited by Sniperthe0ne; 2013-03-20 at 11:18.
Sniperthe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 14:27   Link #144
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks. The characters were built using Rock Band 3's character generation tool (since I suck at drawing ). I've also taken a few shots at creating them using Skyrim's character generation tool with mixed results.

I find staring at the videos gives me story ideas sometimes and gets me into the heads of the characters better when writing their dialog.

The story is more of a complicated romance between members of the group and their daily lives/adventures. They could just as easily be engineers, astronauts, or whatever. Being musicians means they have to travel, they're creative people, being bizarre or odd is not necessarily evil.

It all started from a thread where I expressed being annoyed at K-On! at not following the group into college and a professional career (either the anime or manga). I already had these characters designed - they are basically characters I've used in RPGs, MMOs and such for years (personalities, looks, etc). I just finally found a story for them to live in.

On that note, I'm running late on the upcoming chapter. Still doesn't hang together very well. This seems to be typical for me when I start into an altered landscape (new character, new environment incoming, etc). Maybe more whiskey will help

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-23 at 01:28.
Old 2013-03-20, 16:07   Link #145
Sniperthe0ne

I see that dose make scene. I did wish K-on had more music in there so i did not make it trough all of the second season.
Old 2013-03-20, 19:03   Link #146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And a random bonus amusement (since I'm running damned late at this point), another Sashiko tune cover.

Sashiko's singing and speaking voice is not ultra low register but it is raspy, growly and often sounds as if she poured acid down her throat (well, drain cleaner maybe). She does not have a beautiful speaking voice. I'm choosing musical tracks for her to sing by young males with higher pitched growl/raspy voices or female punk/metal growling.

The upside is she can cover the same sort of vocals males do, particularly in the punk and metal genres. The downside is her voice sounds freakish to many people (not helped by the Scottish brogue) and has a part in driving her storyline.

beautiful people
YouTube

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-03-26 at 02:59.
Old 2013-03-21, 23:09   Link #147
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Chapter 23 (“Bungle in the Jungle”)

Chapter 23 (“Bungle in the Jungle”) (version 0.9)

TL;DR…
vol 02 ch 23 content
Okay, kind of tortured with some floundering - but that's why this whole thread is a rough draft. I'm about half way through re-writing Volume One now. I want to publish this with illustrations. I still haven't resolved that. I started working with DAZ Studio but so far I don't have anything worth showing. I may do some trace assisted sketching and see how that looks. I'll say it, if anyone wants to take a crack at drawing my characters, I'll consider that a 'job interview'. If I selected someone, they would get credit and be paid by the illustration.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-04 at 21:34.
Old 2013-03-26, 03:21   Link #148
Haiprbim
Banned

This is actually really good in it's "brutal" way. :D
What surprises me the most is that a 55 year old can put on such a show... Epic! (This was meant as a compliment)
Keep it up, I'll gladly stay tuned for more, hehe.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 05:29   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
This is actually really good in it's "brutal" way.
What surprises me the most is that a 55 year old can put on such a show... Epic! (This was meant as a compliment)
Keep it up, I'll gladly stay tuned for more, hehe.
Thanks. I'd "cookie" the brutal reference but will have to do.

I suppose this is what motivates me to keep it up:
1) I have a fair range of people (on and off the forum) telling me they enjoy it. Enough so that once I rewrite it, I'm probably going to e-book it and see what happens. I'm done with the second pass rewrite on Volume 1 but it needs one more pass I think. I've fixed/expanded/tweaked a lot and dealt with continuity, better foreshadowing, etc.

2) I set it up like an engineering project (storyboard, outline, milestones, schedule) - I'm better at finishing things that way and I hate to see stories abandoned.

3) I've been carrying these characters around for several decades, using them in tabletop D&D, MMOs, RPGs, etc. I just kind of *need* to put them in a story they can live in. Probably the strongest motivator.

4) bonus: It's gotten me to read a half-dozen or so music biographies. Some of them are basically several hundred pages of shooting up and banging girls - boring. The better ones talk about the business, the touring, how connections are made, how relationships fare. Then I've done research on some of the more progressive modern bands (the ones that eschew record labels and how they handle their business, using the internet and viral word-of-mouth). So far, other than vast quantities of alcohol, drugs haven't entered the picture - largely because the women are too practical and Blar has already been-there-done-that. Drug abuse won't be missing though but it needs to enter the story for the right reasons.

The core of the story is really about this little group of misfit abandoned people who construct a "family" and their experience of each other. As I said earlier, they could have been engineers, space explorers, medieval adventurers - but musicians they are.

I took a note from Tolkien in trying to make the world they live in as grounded in reality as possible, even down to doing very rough accounting of cash flow from week to week.

I'm curious to see if I can keep it interesting for the whole ride. I've already written a rough draft of the end/epilogue of the story. We'll see if I can get there some day to carve it into a release.
Old 2013-03-28, 04:13   Link #150
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Almost done with the last chapter of volume two. Some videos from the "80s Flashback" zoo concert to amuse. Sadly, RockBand has no way to handle five musicians on stage so we'll have to assume Sashi is out of frame on keyboards, bleh. I may take some time and see how good I am at splicing multiple takes of the same performance.

Moment of Tull:
YouTube

80s rock pixies ftw:
YouTube
Old 2013-03-29, 04:26   Link #151
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Chapter 24: (“Hit Me With Your Best Shot”)

Chapter 24: (“Hit Me With Your Best Shot”) (version 0.9)

TL;DR…
vol 02 ch 24 content
Okay. That ends volume Two. I'm thinking the end of volume One may change location in the rewrite but whatever.

Volume Three looms. On to Japan.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-04 at 21:35.
Old 2013-04-03, 17:36   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm outlining the details of Volume Three, half done with chapter 1 of it. Also still rworking Volume One with an eye to publish.

So it might be pretty slow this week. I'll try to get Vol 3 chap 01 out by Friday. After that it'll be back to a chapter or two a week.
Old 2013-04-04, 13:07   Link #153
Sniperthe0ne

I just read the first two chapters and it's really great. The moment i большой медведь i had to google XD. Will have to read more another time and i will let you know what i think when i have.

i'm really liking this XD
Old 2013-04-04, 14:14   Link #154
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperthe0ne View Post
I just read the first two chapters and it's really great. The moment i большой медведь i had to google XD. Will have to read more another time and i will let you know what i think when i have.

i'm really liking this XD
Thanks. I'm in the process of rewriting volume one (fixing a lot of crap grammar, continuity errors, adding stuff, re-arranging some bits, providing better foreshadowing of things like Glycerin's mind) and trying to decide how to illustrate it.

The rewritten story isn't changing drastically but I hope it's enough of an upgrade that readers might want to toss me some coins to buy a digital version or something. We'll see.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-04 at 21:35.
Old 2013-04-05, 04:49   Link #155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(type, type type, argh ... typetypetype) No, Chapter 1 is still brewing. Trying to get the band to Fukuoka in an entertaining way that moves the plot threads.

Was digging around in my folders and found this old video cut of Glycerin, Tsika, and Kpau playing a tune with Aina. Aina is Blar's former band mate from Gothic Fire and Glycerin worships her. This is from when the band was brand new and they were playing at Aina's nightclub for New Years. The Norse Ice Queen.

(Outside)
YouTube
A tune from the nightclub (different stage). Both these are noteworthy because they recall Glycerin's original looks with her long hair and straight bangs. This is before the revelations of her mental state and her changes in hair and behavior. You might also note minor differences in Kpau and the others. This tune foreshadows their interest in electronic metal fusion I suppose.

(Less Talk More Rokk)
YouTube
And I guess this might be a representation of Glycerin "hatching" into her expanded self and dancing with oblivion as she toys with choices.

(born this way)
(please stand by, put up the wrong link or something)

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-17 at 03:42.
Old 2013-04-07, 04:30   Link #156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Volume Three, Chapter 01 ("Turning Japanese")

Chapter 01 (“Turning Japanese”) (version 0.9)

TL;DR…
vol 03 ch 01 content
Sorry, this took so long. Needed to make sure the outline framework was there and starting a major new story segment is always daunting. Hope the chapter is amusing.

author note: I always take a day off and then reread it. The chapter is far too short in some spots - particularly at dinner and during Glycerin's attempt to amuse/please Blar back at the hotel. Expect a lot of expansion of the scenes in version 1.0

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-09 at 14:14.
Old 2013-04-07, 13:30   Link #157
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Something fun, not a music video -- a rendition of their time in Japan, a montage of animated moments.
The latest chapter - Volume Three, Chapter 1 - is in the previous post (in case your web browser punted it to the previous page).

author note: I always take a day off and then reread a released draft chapter. I feel like V3Ch1 is far too short in some spots - particularly at dinner with Kobayashi and during Glycerin's attempt to be sexy and amuse/please Blar back at the hotel. Expect a lot of expansion of the scenes in version 1.0

Volume One looks substantially different structurally at this point. I've merged about half the chapters with each other for a more consistent and publishable length. Particular scenes have been expanded, awkward dialog fixed, better foreshadowing (especially of Glycerin's MPD). I'm also computing the idea of moving the end of Volume 1 until after the retreat and the revelations of Glycerin's mental health. That seems a more dramatic place to end a volume but I also have to weigh that against page counts.

YouTube

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-09 at 14:24.
Old 2013-04-15, 10:10   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Almost done with vol 3 chapter 2, just doing final pass edits. Here's a video of the first song they play in Fukuoka at the Klub Khaosin.

Sashiko opens with "Hey Man, Nice Shot":

YouTube
Old 2013-04-15, 18:26   Link #159
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Volume 03 Chapter 02 ("T.N.T.)" Part One

Chapter 02 “T.N.T.” Part One

TL;DR…
vol 03 ch 02 part 1 content
Chapter continues in next post.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-16 at 21:10. Reason: fixed major continuity error - DERP!
Old 2013-04-15, 18:29   Link #160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Volume 03 Chapter 02 ("T.N.T.)" Part Two

Chapter 02 "T.N.T." Part Two

TL;DR…
vol 03 ch 02 part 2 content

Tags
comedy, drama, light novel, music, romance