Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 10:57   Link #1321
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
i have question.
why goemon can survive eventhough she get shot?
i know she using chainmail but still how she could survive.
foot soldier armor can easily get pierced by the bullet from the gun.
It's believable, considering she was shot with a matchlock with a round bullet that was quite far away.

Remember that as great as matchlocks were in being able to penetrate a samurai's armor and cause chaos on the battlefield, in particular with massed volleys.. their destructive potential wasn't any greater (if not weaker than) a bow at that point. We're not talking about a rifle here folks.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:03   Link #1322
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hey guys this may be a stupid question, but please answer it anyway. What is 2 plus 3 times 4?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:04   Link #1323
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Hey guys this may be a stupid question, but please answer it anyway. What is 2 plus 3 times 4?

May I ask what you needed that for?
Old 2012-08-13, 11:06   Link #1324
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The answer is actually 14. I just read Chapter 2 on Baka-Tsuki and Sagara asked that same question to Nobuna. Nobuna said it was 14 (which it is) while Sagara said it was 20. Nobuna is smarter than I gave her credit for.
Old 2012-08-13, 11:06   Link #1325
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post

May I ask what you needed that for?
If it's (2+3) * 4, it's 20.

If it's 2 + (3*4) (Brackets not necessary, but for emphasis), it's 14. (given the context, this would be the correct answer)

Now, again, what's that for?
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:08   Link #1326
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
If it's (2+3) * 4, it's 20.

If it's 2 + (3*4) (Brackets not necessary, but for emphasis), it's 14.

Now, again, what's that for?
Just pointing out that Sagara is only good in history while in math he pretty much need work. It was a question that Sagara asked to Nobuna at the end of the second chapter. Nobuna answered it correctly while Sagara answered 20 at first, then kicked in the face he changed it to 16. Nobuna is a lot smarter than she appears to be.
Old 2012-08-13, 11:09   Link #1327
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Guess I need some work in my math department then.
Old 2012-08-13, 11:10   Link #1328
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Just pointing out that Sagara is only good in history while in math he pretty much need work. It was a question that Sagara asked at the end of the second chapter. Nobuna answered it correctly while Sagara answered 20 at first, then kicked in the face he changed it to 16. Nobuna is a lot smarter than she appears to be.
Why the heck would Arabic numerals and mathematics be around in the 16th century...oh wait, don't answer...

And when I type oda on google, the first autofill line that pops up is oda nobuna no yabou...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:15   Link #1329
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Also, Saito Dosan is pretty perverted base off Chapter 2 despite his age.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:02   Link #1330
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
By the way can please answer this question of mine
Which came first feudal era or sengoku era?
as lar stated, its both the same in japan.

If ur talking about feudal era in history, that came first over japan's sengoku era.

But feudalism in europe florished around 9th century to about the 14th century when the Renaissance era took over afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Why the heck would Arabic numerals and mathematics be around in the 16th century...oh wait, don't answer...
well considering newton was alive in the late 17th century, why not just bust out modern calculus as he is the father of calculus.

Quote:
P - please - Para
e - Excuse - Exponents
m - My - Multi
d - dear - division
a - Aunt - add
s - Sally - sub

Order of operation.
So in your asking..

2+3x4 = 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
i have question.
why goemon can survive eventhough she get shot?
i know she using chainmail but still how she could survive.
foot soldier armor can easily get pierced by the bullet from the gun.
she shouldnt of.
To be honest matchlock rifles and flint rifles had another name as mini cannons.
The weight of the lead ball should of riped her shoulder clean off even with the chain mail.

A simular gun we use today which is like the matchlock, would be a Solid slug shotgun.

Only each round is prefilled in a shell.

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-08-13 at 12:13.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 12:12   Link #1331
larethian

Speaking of Math, I remember you need Mathematics to get catapults in one of the Civilization games. And that was like BC......

I just watched episode 6, even though I merely scanned through the volume, I'm pretty sure there were a ton of changes and reordering of stuff. Though, I'm not dissatisfied.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 12:18   Link #1332
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Speaking of Math, I remember you need Mathematics to get catapults in one of the Civilization games. And that was like BC.......
cuz you needed to calculate angle and flight path.
Math has been around since ancient china.
What do you think an abacus was used for? And no its not Zen lar.. :P
The chinese werent making pretty patterns on it.

catapults changed war, however something even greater called a trebuchet destroyed it til the invention of gun powder.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 12:22   Link #1333
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Speaking of Math, I remember you need Mathematics to get catapults in one of the Civilization games. And that was like BC......

I just watched episode 6, even though I merely scanned through the volume, I'm pretty sure there were a ton of changes and reordering of stuff. Though, I'm not dissatisfied.
Most shows this summer offer to much fan service which I don't dislike, but I prefer story and plot which Oda Nobuna no Yabou has plenty of. In my book Oda Nobuna no Yabou is the best anime of Summer 2012. Usually I hate when anime changed some things of the Light Novel (Campione..........), but in this case I like it. It still focuses on the main plot and story with some changes that compliments it. The reasoning for changing some stuff from the Light Novel is well I am pretty sure there are laws on anime where they cannot depict such extreme actions of Nobuna and some parts don't affect the story so much.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:28   Link #1334
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
@Undertaker I hope you didn't count Yukimura as a chuunibyou.

@Akumasama thanks for the hard work. I'm gonna start reading everything this week.
I was mainly referring to Yozora and Kobato. Sena and Rika has some traits but their other chara-type overshadows those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, getting back to the spoiler that Sumeragi hinted at a short while ago --

Who does everyone think the "important one" of the two female deaths are? :O

Spoiler for My guess:

Niwa is out, timeline doesn't fit, (Here) we know Matsunaga is one of them witth the possessing gimick, Hanbei is probably another based on timeline. Otherwise, Shingan is also likely as the time for her historical death is getting closer. Azai Nagamasa is also a candidate.

With that been said, this series is leaning have characters die only to take up another person's place. So I other then Hanbei, I don't think anyone would really be dead. As for Hanbei, she either live past her illness for dies out right as there isn't a historical figure I can think of that she can take place and still serve as Sagara's strategist unless to go Dousan way and have her stay hidden behind the scene.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:37   Link #1335
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, getting back to the spoiler that Sumeragi hinted at a short while ago --

Who does everyone think the "important one" of the two female deaths are? :O

Spoiler for My guess:
This was already answered a while ago...
a) Hanbei is alive FOR SURE (vol. 9 scans) b) can't be a loli c) can't be anyone Sagara has a chance of raising 'flags' with

Also,
Spoiler for Answer:
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:04   Link #1336
Sakanaka Shouko

Does anyone know if the Asakura clan will appear on this novel?
Old 2012-08-13, 13:12   Link #1337
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakanaka Shouko View Post
Does anyone know if the Asakura clan will appear on this novel?
I believe so, Oda Nobuna no Yabou follows the timeline of events. Judging from the events, I expect Asakura to appear around vol 6 to 7.
Old 2012-08-13, 13:22   Link #1338
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
she shouldnt of.
To be honest matchlock rifles and flint rifles had another name as mini cannons.
The weight of the lead ball should of riped her shoulder clean off even with the chain mail.
Not sure where you're getting your information from.. but why do you think a matchlock arquebus at >50 yards, being fired "up" into a tower and hitting chainmail should take off someone's shoulder?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:44   Link #1339
churchblue
Banned

Even if the translating takes awhile, someone could post spoilers of what happened in each Vol like everyone else did (even though it's all scattered all over thread in different place). I wonder if Yoshiharu really met Shigen and what was his opinion about her and vice versa. Where are him and Mitsuhide"at right now"? Is he even aware of it? Do we ever see Yoshimoto again now that she isn't dead?

Hanzo was REALLY good faking Yoshiharu's death. Makes me think what else he pulled him out of. How are the "onces that are supposed to be death" a help to Yoshiharu anyway?
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:45   Link #1340
Akumasama
Feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
Did Yoshiharu meet Hideyoshi's future wife yet? Even if the translating takes awhile, someone could post spoilers of what happened in each Vol like everyone else did (even though it's all scattered all over thread in different place). I wonder if Yoshiharu really met Shigen and what was his opinion about her and vice versa. Where are him and Mitsuhide"at right now"? Is he even aware of it?
In the anime, yes. In the novel, yes. But, no it has not translated to that part.

If you want to read summaries, just go to the social group: http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=802
For everything else, there's a mastercard. Jk, thought to make the occasional joke every once in a while.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem