AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-21, 13:09   Link #101
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

What was the point of his memory loss?
Old 2009-11-21, 13:31   Link #102
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
What was the point of his memory loss?
Irony. In protecting Index's memories Touma lost his own. The current Touma considers the old Touma a stranger.

Basically he was reformatted. Touma had to put up the pretense that there is nothing wrong with him to everybody else.

He doesn't even recognize his own family.

Touma is an idiot that cares about the smiles of everybody else more than himself hence his heroic self sacrificing attitude.

But the memory loss does set up Touma himself as a mystery. How did he come to Academy City? As a kid as everybody else did? Or more recent? Why does he consider himself unlucky? The origin of the Imagin Breaker? Was there validity in Stiyl's suspicion that both Science and Magic sides kept Touma a secret?
Old 2009-11-21, 13:37   Link #103
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I think its there to keep the mystery of the origins of Imagine Breaker.
Old 2009-11-21, 13:38   Link #104
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Touma: Ore wa Gensou Goroshi da!
Fixed for the lulz

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-11-21, 15:13   Link #105
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback
Touma: Ore wa Gensou Goroshi da!
Fixed for the lulz

His existence ... a total mistery :S. And lately some guys got interested in him.
Old 2009-11-21, 16:10   Link #106
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think its there to keep the mystery of the origins of Imagine Breaker.
I dunno, Touma didn't even know the name of his ability until the doc told him after he lost his memories.
Old 2009-11-21, 16:38   Link #107
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I dunno, Touma didn't even know the name of his ability until the doc told him after he lost his memories.
He's already amnesiac by then.

It is likely not a coincidence also that Motoharu is in Touma's class.
Old 2009-11-21, 16:43   Link #108
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
He's already amnesiac by then.
I'm talking about him not knowing the name of his ability at all until he met the doc.
Old 2009-11-22, 01:19   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm talking about him not knowing the name of his ability at all until he met the doc.
Eh? I thought I recall that Touma was the one who first called it Imagine Breaker at the start of the series?
Old 2009-11-22, 03:13   Link #110
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eh? I thought I recall that Touma was the one who first called it Imagine Breaker at the start of the series?
No, the name Imagine Breaker was indeed said by Touma in the hospital after his memory wipe, but he said it's what the doc called it.
Old 2009-11-22, 14:35   Link #111
DarknessLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, according to the prologue of the first light novel that is translated at baka-tsuki, it is referred to by name, but, in the anime, it is not mentioned by name, at all, until after his amnesia.
Old 2009-11-26, 06:00   Link #112
longshot

i've come to realize that everything good touma does decreases his luck a bit more

considering he beat accelerator to save the sisters and mikoto probably good??

now he's wanted by everyone who thinks they need a raise in status as he a so called level 0 beat a 5 1/2 esper

considering using this as an example i wonder what will happen when his life gets worst.. or better depending( oh who am i kidding his life will not get better any time soon)
Old 2009-11-26, 20:47   Link #113
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
i've come to realize that everything good touma does decreases his luck a bit more

considering he beat accelerator to save the sisters and mikoto probably good??

now he's wanted by everyone who thinks they need a raise in status as he a so called level 0 beat a 5 1/2 esper

considering using this as an example i wonder what will happen when his life gets worst.. or better depending( oh who am i kidding his life will not get better any time soon)
well his luck isnt that bad when you think about it he does have his own harem. ill trade places with him and take the occasional life threatening beating if it meant i could have that quality of women around me.
Old 2009-11-27, 22:56   Link #114
Isekaijin

The guy is simply awesome. You know? I mostly hate the male protagonists of harem anime, because I think they're unworthy of the girls.

But not Touma. He is manly enough to have his harem. As a fellow guy I take my hat off to him.
Old 2009-11-28, 09:46   Link #115
tsunade666

yap his manly to the point that he can't resist to help someone but in the end he ends up with a trouble and also a girl. Even if he has no intention of scoring a girl he always ends with it..... what a terrible luck or karma. I wish I had that kind of bad luck.
Old 2009-11-28, 10:26   Link #116
Gilgamesh00

"Kamijou" or "Kami ijou"? Touma not is esper, magician, saint or angel he is truly person beyond god, he can destroy wherever AIM that exists, of course their powers not have that great range but if Touma touch any indestructible and miraculous being (god, magician, esper, saint...) he can turn all of them into the most common and human being breaking all theirs habilities and powers making them killable.
Old 2009-11-28, 11:07   Link #117
tsunade666

that's why his basically a god slayer. well if you can kill a god then your above like what his name suggest.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:58   Link #118
RPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Well, When all you have is a hammer...

But I admire Touma for toughness and how he managed to be so cool after all the shit, what happens to him... And how he defeated Aureolus was pretty amazing.

On the other hand, Koizumi of "Mx0" was definitive a better Anti Mage than Touma.^^;
(I will never understand, how they could canceled this genious serie!)

Well, I wish I could read the novels to understand his character better...
Mx0 was canceled because it was too good
Old 2009-12-02, 23:33   Link #119
Miraluka
Banned

Mx0 was too good for simple minded people. Watching Touma mades me remember the good past time.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:44   Link #120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
yap his manly to the point that he can't resist to help someone but in the end he ends up with a trouble and also a girl. Even if he has no intention of scoring a girl he always ends with it..... what a terrible luck or karma. I wish I had that kind of bad luck.
Yeah I just have the bad luck that doesn't get you a harem .

Anyways I never really liked the amnesia thing. On some level you can say Touma didn't change that much yet people are partly the result of their experiences. If you don't remember them you just aren't the same person. It probably was put in more for the mystery aspect yet it really is like Touma died in the first arc. Has always felt a little weird to me since initially watching Index. Kind of feel for everyone who knows him since they don't have a clue about what was lost.