AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 04:59   Link #4121
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be interesting to see, Kanzaki, Sasha and Misha all working on a joint mission for their respective sides? Misha is Kamijou Faction in this idea.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 05:45   Link #4122
R.LocK
My turn

What I want to see...

One day from Girl in Dress's life.
The path to darkness of Kumokawa Seria.
Unfortunate day of Frenda and Boy in Googles.
Crackfic: battle between Suzushina Yuriko and White Kakine. Yuriko going all tsun-tsun at Kakine's strange remarks. Oh wait, it goes to the domain of doujinshi, my mind is corrupt.
Acqua being goddamn Acqua.
Shutaura-centric fic, eh?
Orsola-centric fic, yeah.
Ollerus... no. This idea is too damn hillarious to share it with anyone before I write it.
Vasilisa and Sasha goodness. Specifically, in Japan. More precisely, in Akihabara.
New Light... just New Light.
Knight Leader x Kanzaki... crackfic? More like, a joke.
Tochtli&Xochitl girl talk.
Misaka NETWORK. And Accelerator in the chat. Optionally.
...Too many new idea in just a few minutes.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 05:58   Link #4123
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Seeing Xochitl on that list is making me imagine a harem scenario... Saten's harem
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 06:35   Link #4124
omega253

Hmm, I keep getting a weird idea insistent in my head. You know how some people in the Raildex 'verse are just Born Winners? Y'know, like the Saints Kanzaki and Acqua or like the Valkyrie Brynhilde?

Well, what if we include a Dragon in the mix? Namely, Touma.

Of course, I'm still working out what abilities the body of a Dragon in human form would give. I can tell you that it wouldn't be Dragon Slayer magic like on Fairy Tail. My reasoning for the whole Dragon thing is: Dragons, besides representing some kind of heresy or evil, also symbolize power or divinity. However, Touma is one of the Eastern Dragons, which are divine in nature. Not like the Western dragons that often look a little devilish and represent evil(what with the horns and all.)

In the end, this just might be a plot bunny in the back of my head though.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-09 at 13:35.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 08:25   Link #4125
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Hmm, I keep getting a weird idea insistent in my head. You know how some people in the Raildex are just Born Winners? Y'know, like the Saints Kanzaki and Acqua or like the Valkyrie Brynhilde?

Of course, I'm still working out what abilities the body of a Dragon in human form would give. I can tell you that it wouldn't be Dragon Slayer magic like on Fairy Tail. My reasoning for the whole Dragon thing is: Dragons, besides representing some kind of heresy or evil, also symbolize power or divinity. However, Touma is one of the Eastern Dragons, which are divine in nature. Not like the Western dragons that often look a little devilish and represent evil(what with the horns and all.)

With KAMIJOU"s (mis)Fortune the Dragon/Invisible thing must a girl also
kinda like this NSFW
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...view&id=544350
IF AC sent a android too is must be a girl too ...wait i think NT 7 did that
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 12:14   Link #4126
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Okay, so I just updated my fic, and the link is below.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9216123/...-Keep-You-Safe

Anyway, I just need some ideas from you people.

In my fic, Kuroko has found out about the Radio Noise project and she must stop it before Mikoto finds out.

The theme for Kuroko would be something like a girl who naively believes that Judgement and Anti-Skill can actually do something to the dark side of Academy City or perhaps even triumph over them, but was proven wrong.

I just need some rough ideas of scenarios and conflicts to flesh out this theme. That's all.

Thanks in advance
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 12:27   Link #4127
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira477 View Post
Okay, so I just updated my fic, and the link is below.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9216123/...-Keep-You-Safe

Anyway, I just need some ideas from you people.

In my fic, Kuroko has found out about the Radio Noise project and she must stop it before Mikoto finds out.

The theme for Kuroko would be something like a girl who naively believes that Judgement and Anti-Skill can actually do something to the dark side of Academy City or perhaps even triumph over them, but was proven wrong.

I just need some rough ideas of scenarios and conflicts to flesh out this theme. That's all.

Thanks in advance
Remember when Touma tried to show Anti-Skill members the body of Misaka 10031 and it had been cleaned up by the time he brought them there? You could have that happen to Kuroko. Or have her get suspended from Judgment by somebody high up for pushing too far.
Old 2013-08-09, 13:41   Link #4128
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
With KAMIJOU"s (mis)Fortune the Dragon/Invisible thing must a girl also
kinda like this NSFW
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...view&id=544350
IF AC sent a android too is must be a girl too ...wait i think NT 7 did that
One of my rampant theories on what is the Invisible Thing is now coming to light! Basically, the Invisible Thing is to dragons like Aiwass is to angels. That is to say, it's a weird alien dragon from the same place that Aiwass came from. What do you think?

Although.... The pic that you posted brings more ideas to my head.... Eastern dragons also symbolized fertility and procreation. I'll let you fill in the blanks from there.....

Also, is it wrong that I keep thinking of making one of Dragon!Touma's abilities fire-bending? Only with Rainbow fire, because Touma is influenced by the Invisible Thing in his arm. The rainbow colors is due to the fact that its existence distorts reality and violates natural laws.
Old 2013-08-09, 13:49   Link #4129
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
One of my rampant theories on what is the Invisible Thing is now coming to light! Basically, the Invisible Thing is to dragons like Aiwass is to angels. That is to say, it's a weird alien dragon from the same place that Aiwass came from. What do you think?
My theory is that the Invisible Thing is Laplace's demon. The reason why:

How does the Imagine Breaker know if a phenomen is supernatural or natural? Answer: It must have a record about the "natural" state of the universe itself!
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 14:10   Link #4130
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
My theory is that the Invisible Thing is Laplace's demon. The reason why:

How does the Imagine Breaker know if a phenomen is supernatural or natural? Answer: It must have a record about the "natural" state of the universe itself!
Would that mean in the view of the Magic Side, Touma would have a partial connection to the Akashic Records?

Also when I was talking about Dragons-in-human-form, I was thinking about the Nasuverse Dragons. As in, Divine-Class Beasts that have the power to blast everything to kingdom come. When I was thinking about Eastern Dragons, there were some things I wanted to point out:

Excerpt from Type-Moon Wiki (Not entirely sure it this is accurate, so don't take my word for it):
"There are different types, the western dragons being considered demons and the strongest of the Phantasmal Species, and Chinese dragons (龍, Ryū?) being treated as divine existences and invincible beings that do not even need to fight. The Chinese dragons do contain a rough spot, a Reverse Scale (逆鱗, Gyaku Uroko?) below their chins, that, when touched, causes them to rage and devastate the earth with their rampaging power. It shows that even such perfect existences also display a deplorable side."

Should I add a bit of Nasuverse content, if only to give the Raildex dragons a shot more depth?

One last thing. Look at this picture of a dragon I found on the Type-Moon Wiki
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../bb/Dragon.jpg

Now compare that to this picture of the dragon head that came out of Touma's arm.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...09_17m_33s.jpg

Do you all think that there is a similarity? Or is this the result of my crazy and rampant inner imagination/conspiracy theorist working overtime?
Old 2013-08-09, 16:04   Link #4131
faiz blaster

^ Pure coincidence.

Let me also take this chance point out that the Typemoon pic portrays a western dragon (the red dragon that symbolizes Saber/Arthur Pendragon to be exact).

Furthermore, the whole divine-demoniac thing is purely a matter of perspective. In the Nasuverse, dragons are simply materialized mysteries. Different from humans that merely attained supernatural powers like some sort of afterthought add-on, they are pure supernatural phenomena that managed to incarnate as living beings. Because they possessed traits that were contrary to their beliefs, Western culture regarded them on the same light as demons. On another hand, Eastern civilizations such as the Chinese regarded them as gods.
Old 2013-08-09, 16:35   Link #4132
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Would that mean in the view of the Magic Side, Touma would have a partial connection to the Akashic Records?
Interesting idea, isn't it?

However, the most interesting point about Imagine Breaker is the fact, that it negates psychic AND magic powers. That means, despite this two systems may be different, but seems to have the SAME source. Imagine Breaker proves that there is a connection between magic and psychic power!

And that is the reason, why Touma lives on the edge between the Magic Side and the Science Side... Albeit, in my opinion, Academy City is actually a kind of Magic Cabal, too.

Spoiler for The theory I'm going to use:

Quote:
Do you all think that there is a similarity? Or is this the result of my crazy and rampant inner imagination/conspiracy theorist working overtime?
Dragons have a fairly common designs by default. And it isn't a novel thought, that they are extremely powerful, almost god-like.

In Dresden Files there is Ferrovax, a Dragon with captial D. He can force the main character down on his knees with one word. In Guild Wars, dragons are more like Eldritch Abnomations than living beings, changing the world around them just by existing. And in Shadow Run, they have that saying: "Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

However, the most important thing in To Aru is, that the Dragon in the Christian Mythology is symbol for the Devil itself.
Old 2013-08-09, 16:36   Link #4133
omega253

Yeah, some of the things my mind comes up are Strange/Inconsistent. I'm just trying to work out the kinks of the whole Dragon-in-human-form thing. The whole Dragon!Touma idea is just too tempting to be left alone in my mind.

Random thought: Would anybody hold it against me if I gave Dragon!Touma the Shouts from the Elder Scrolls video games? Because now I have an image of Touma shouting FUS RO DAH at Accelerator.
Old 2013-08-09, 16:47   Link #4134
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Interesting idea, isn't it?

However, the most interesting point about Imagine Breaker is the fact, that it negates psychic AND magic powers. That means, despite this two systems may be different, but seems to have the SAME source. Imagine Breaker proves that there is a connection between magic and psychic power!

And that is the reason, why Touma lives on the edge between the Magic Side and the Science Side... Albeit, in my opinion, Academy City is actually a kind of Magic Cabal, too.

Spoiler for The theory I'm going to use:

Dragons have a fairly common designs by default. And it isn't a novel thought, that they are extremely powerful, almost god-like.

In Dresden Files there is Ferrovax, a Dragon with captial D. He can force the main character down on his knees with one word. In Guild Wars, dragons are more like Eldritch Abnomations than living beings, changing the world around them just by existing. And in Shadow Run, they have that saying: "Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

However, the most important thing in To Aru is, that the Dragon in the Christian Mythology is symbol for the Devil itself.
Interesting.... Thanks for the feedback. I need that kind of information if I even want to consider planning this thing, much less actually write it. On that Devil thing..... I'm kind of thinking of just going with the Eldritch Abomination idea. Y'know, what with a being like Aiwass wandering around. He did claim to be a DRAGON (and yes, I'm sure it was all capitals). And I just want to see the characters spouting 'What the f$&king hell is going on with this guy!?' at Dragon!Touma's reality-distorting stunts and antics.
Old 2013-08-09, 17:05   Link #4135
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
What I want to see...

Acqua being goddamn Acqua.
I like this idea. It looks like it will lead to explosions.

Quote:
Ollerus... no. This idea is too damn hillarious to share it with anyone before I write it.
No I have think about these comics by Nobuchi, where the Almost Magic God and The Holy Royal Maid adopting that little redhaired brat...
Old 2013-08-09, 20:37   Link #4136
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Hmm, I keep getting a weird idea insistent in my head. You know how some people in the Raildex 'verse are just Born Winners? Y'know, like the Saints Kanzaki and Acqua or like the Valkyrie Brynhilde?

I...don't know, seriously I don't. Not to say that your idea sucks, far from it, and I don't have that kind of knowledge on how to make a good fanfic, nor do I have the authority, but the idea of Dragon Imagine Breaker is just...not appealing to me.
I mean, Imagine Breaker is such a strange power, raising so many questions, like why the right hand? Why can it negate, or rather, how does it work? What Aeon does it belong to? It's so mysterious, in a universe where (almost) everything can be explained by a theory (even bonus, one that exists in real-life), why can't it be explained? Your idea as it is looks a bit...of a let down, sorry for the harsh word. How you pictured your idea right now, it sounds like a mix between the Sacred Gears in DxD and Elder Scrolls. Instead of coming of as a big twist, it sounds expected (since everyone saw the dragon head scene, we kinda assume it obligatorily has links to dragons, where there is no proof of this), and also a unjustified shounen power up of Touma (the fire bending? Bad idea).

Quote:
Basically, the Invisible Thing is to dragons like Aiwass is to angels. That is to say, it's a weird alien dragon from the same place that Aiwass came from
However, I like that one part, where you want the dragon to be a bit alien, like how Aiwass is for Angels. If you use normal dragons, Eastern or Western, it would be too ''conform'', also illogical since in most mythologies dragons are like normal animals (except in the East). You need something akin to an Eldritch Abomination or a divine being.

The problem here is finding a myth corresponding to your theories. To explain Imagine Breaker, you use a sound theory that sounds remotely possible. The problem if you use Eastern or Western dragons, then it implies that there are other dragons, eliminating the Imagine breaker's uniqueness (one of its main appeals). Use entities that can be seen as dragons (as in, dragon is one of their many forms) in some myths:
  • Lucifer: I list him only because he is refered to as one sometimes, but he is a bad idea, too predictable and also wouldn't explain how was Touma able to beat someone from the Aeon of Osiris (Fiamma) with a Invisible Thing falling under the same laws.
  • Tiamat: An interesting possibility, a chaos monster, sometimes depicted as a dragon or a sea serpent, even the mother of all dragons. Interestingly, her name is also similar to Northwest Semitic tehom (תהום) (the deeps, abyss), used in the Book of Genesis 1:2
But the problem with those is that they are seen as evil, when it strikes to me that the Invisible Thing is probably more like chaotic neutral, like beyond good and evil, like Aiwass. Of course it's just assumptions since we didn't see much of it.
My advice (whatever worth it carries) would be to use a true Eldritch Abomination, from the Thelema of Crowley. That demon, Choronzon, who fits the bill on many levels. I'm going to take the more interesting parts of the article and compare them to the novels:

Look at this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia's article
In this system [Crowley's religion, Thelema], Choronzon is given form in evocation only so it may be mastered.
And his:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister to Fiamma
Other than the fact that the format you were basing it on was much too old, what you were trying to do is very similar to my plan. They are both the idea to change the world by preparing a temple filled with strange power, drawing out the power of the right arm within that temple, and readjusting the thickness of the phase itself with that power. How is Academy City different from a small world that has sealed a certain type of power?
This:
Quote:
In the account, Choronzon is described as changing shape, which is read variously as an account of an actual metamorphosis
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 2
Then, an abnormal change began on Kamijou’s right shoulder that was releasing blood like a fountain. The blood loss increased and an object formed as if the blood were being splattered all over a transparent glass statue. An unbelievable object began to take shape.
This:
Quote:
Choronzon is the dweller there, and his job is to trap the traveler in his meaningless world of illusion.
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 6 Epilogue
If one used the Imagine Breaker to instill a concept of ‘death’, one could cause an illusion that didn’t have self-awareness to be self-aware.
Now one of the more interesting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley's confession
The name of the Dweller in the Abyss is Choronzon, but he is not really an individual. The Abyss is empty of being; it is filled with all possible forms, each equally inane, each therefore evil in the only true sense of the word—that is, meaningless but malignant, in so far as it craves to become real. These forms swirl senselessly into haphazard heaps like dust devils, and each such chance aggregation asserts itself to be an individual and shrieks, "I am I!" though aware all the time that its elements have no true bond; so that the slightest disturbance dissipates the delusion just as a horseman, meeting a dust devil, brings it in showers of sand to the earth.
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 22
An invisible power gathered.

It gathered in that right arm that should not exist. It gathered beyond that wound.

The great swirl of power compressing toward that boy’s shoulder felt so threatening that it seemed to suck the color out of everything Fiamma had obtained.

(Something invisible…)

(Something is there!!)

Fiamma of the Right felt the muscles from his shoulder to the back of his neck stiffening.

It was coming.

He did not know what, but something he needed to be cautious of was coming.

And…

Kamijou Touma used his own power to crush that invisible something.

A different power appeared above that great power that had gathered around Kamijou’s shoulder. That other power seemed to open up a large mouth and swallow up the first power. As if this giant mouth was chewing, the air around the shoulder shook looked like sugar water.

That great power was smashed in an instant.
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Testament 4
Suddenly, something changed.

Something invisible blew out from the crushed remnants of Kamijou Touma’s right wrist. With a roar, it shot toward Othinus without taking any real form.
This:
Quote:
Choronzon is deemed to be held in check by the power of the Goddess Babalon, inhabitant of Binah, the third Sephirah of the Tree of Life.
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The second power
A different power appeared above that great power that had gathered around Kamijou’s shoulder. That other power seemed to open up a large mouth and swallow up the first power. As if this giant mouth was chewing, the air around the shoulder shook looked like sugar water.

That great power was smashed in an instant.
Finally compare this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia on the Abyss
"Crossing the Abyss" is regarded as a perilous operation, and the most important work of the magician's career. Success confers graduation into the degree of Magister Templi, or "Master of the Temple."
To this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister to Fiamma
Other than the fact that the format you were basing it on was much too old, what you were trying to do is very similar to my plan. They are both the idea to change the world by preparing a temple filled with strange power, drawing out the power of the right arm within that temple, and readjusting the thickness of the phase itself with that power. How is Academy City different from a small world that has sealed a certain type of power?
But this is just my personal theory.

Please, don't take this comment wrongly, I am not the expert, nor do I consider myself so high and mighty that I know what is right for people to do. It is only my humble opinion, I simply want you to consider this before going with your idea.

Sorry for the wall of text
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 20:52   Link #4137
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

*steals the entire post*

I had a feeling the clue to IB was in Libera al. Thanks for doing the grunt work. :3
Old 2013-08-09, 20:56   Link #4138
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
*steals the entire post*

I had a feeling the clue to IB was in Libera al. Thanks for doing the grunt work. :3
You bastard!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 21:12   Link #4139
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
You bastard!
Just kidding.

I will give credit if I ever use this theory somewhere.
Old 2013-08-09, 21:12   Link #4140
omega253

...... Holy crap, That is a solid theory that I can't really argue......
Man, I'm way out of my depth when I'm seeing stuff like that. Truth be told, I just wanted Touma to have some more strength against people like Tsuchimikado and Acqua. I didn't imagine that my flighty thinking process would provoke a response like that. Also, yeah, when I think about it, I'm just gonna leave out the fire bender idea.

Although..... Does the Invisible Thing really need to be identified? I mean, part of the reason an Eldritch Abomination is an Eldritch Abomination is the fact that it's incomprehensible. And also because calling the thing IT makes it a bit cooler (in my humble opinion anyway).

If Kamachi does reveal what it is, then I would gladly follow on that information. But as of right now, there's literally little to nothing on that thing hiding behind the Imagine Breaker. And we don't even know just how powerful the Imagine Breaker really is if it can contain and suppress the power of a being that has more power than La Persona Superiore a Dio, and still manage to nullify anything that comes in contact with Touma's right hand (well, up to a certain point considering Accelerator's Wings/Curtana Original/Etcetera).

Kamachi has left a lot of open ends that I always hope he can tie up in the next volume. But alas, it seems it probably won't come until the ultimate climax.

Agh, I just wanted to see an OP Touma. Is that too much to ask?

......... No, seriously, is it? Because I know some people like Touma due to the fact that he has survived this far in the Light Novel with only his wits, the Imagine Breaker, and (later on) Precognition. Oh, and the Invisible Thing on an occasion or two (albeit unintentionally, but still.)

So I'll just ask you people. Should I make a little snippet about Dragon!Touma vs Kanzaki to test it out? Or leave this idea to simmer while I work out the details? Or just stash this idea in a dark corner of my mind for it to never be seen or mentioned again?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction