AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-24, 08:41   Link #641
SanyaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supei_02 View Post
Actually Humikane made a few comments about that scene on his twitter (http://twitter.com/humikane)

Spoiler for tweets:

sorry if the translations are bad.
It seems like Humikane's hinting something about Sanya..
Either Sanya wanted Eila to be more aggressive, or mangatron's #5 I'm guessing
my heart probably beated very fast when eila was about to eh....undress her?(sounds at least not that wrong ) but if sanya would to really hit eila on the head which kinda gives me the idea sanya as a minor tsundere XD then again....sanya tsundere is kinda out of chara ;/
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 10:05   Link #642
ReddyRedWolf

Makes me wonder though. Is Minna still enforcing that no males are to come in contact with her witches rule?

Cause I don't see any guys even maintenance ones. Though it is implied with the odd jobs fixing the new base.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 06:25   Link #643
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Looks like Miyafuji Yoshika Figma is finally in preplanning. If they're releasing this ASAP, it'll probably come out in December or so. I hope it's sooner though:

Spoiler:

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2010-08-25 at 06:46.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 10:11   Link #644
supei_02
Potatoes = world peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Looks like Miyafuji Yoshika Figma is finally in preplanning. If they're releasing this ASAP, it'll probably come out in December or so. I hope it's sooner though:

Spoiler:
her smile is so pure... even though its obvious what those hands are longing for
I wish they would put more detail on the gun though, but can't wait.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:08   Link #645
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Actually Humikane made a few comments about that scene on his twitter (http://twitter.com/humikane)

Spoiler for tweets:

sorry if the translations are bad.
It seems like Humikane's hinting something about Sanya..
Either Sanya wanted Eila to be more aggressive, or mangatron's #5 I'm guessing
Hmm interesting. Sounds like one of those good unintentional double meaning stuff

Quote:
her smile is so pure... even though its obvious what those hands are longing for
I have this sudden urge to put a gun in her hands while she has that face on. Seriously, and then switch the hands of when she's got her attack mode face on, and put the boob grabby hands on, and it'll be one hell of a groper Yoshika
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 18:30   Link #646
Midonin
Last Engage

Begin at the beginning, they say. This episode title brings up some memories...that are only about a year old, thanks to me not realizing that "Fuwa Fuwa Time"'s B-side was much older than I thought. That's for another day though.

This episode should satisfy the other other half of the fanbase, though the other half is also satisfied with some more Yoshika/Lynne wistful looking moments. Looks like it wasn't so much of an existential crisis (as the opener made me think), but rather that Yoshika is just that powerful. This prototype looks more stable than the last one, so here's hoping. Episode 2's foreshadowing becomes foreground, so clearly the world did not stop moving in the downtime. Nay, it grew, both from our perspective and theirs. Thank you, Disembodied Voice of Yoshika's Father.

Also, the Neuroi aren't being very subtle with their designs anymore. Guess they rethought their plans after the bug invasion failed.

And for those who wanted a Perinne episode, next week should deliver. It's been in the waiting since the season began.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 18:42   Link #647
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
What I'm talking about is what those girls were representing because we all know Soviet Union isn't necessarily Orussia, Nazi Germany is not exactly Karlsland.. etc etc..

Those Mecha Musume girls represented REAL WORLD countries although some of the weapon systems were fictional variants.. and not the ALTERNATE UNIVERSE representations we have in Strike Witches. but i didn't say their designs weren't used in strike witches to some extent.

I'm talking in literal terms about Mecha Musume Girls' and the Strike Witches girls' countries, not their machine parts..

Sorry if I seem to be running around in circles.. I somehow couldn't make myself explain with pinpoint accuracy ^^;
Oh you meant the representation of the country's, I yes the Mecha Musume pre dating the Strike witches arrival are indeed different.

But I like to think that most country's are forged into a collective like hoe they used to be in the middle ages or earlier and also karsland represents the time Germany invaded poland. but Romagna on the Other hand represents the time somewhere during the time of the war of Spanish succession where Italy was ripped in two by Aistria and Hungaria war somewhere in the 18 century I guess. splitting it into Venice the top half which is occupied by the NEW neuroi and Romagna which represents the spanish occupied Italy.

SO I think the map is divided according to historical differences trough out history of the Strike Witches universe.

But it's too bad those broom strikers aren't based on WW1 Planes because they ad some noticeable aces in that era, and the Dutch made Fokker of course ;3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Somehow I have a gut feeling that the OVA followed the Strike Witches Canon (the novel(?) lol~) more closely.. of course this is just my gut feeling which is possibly very very wrong

It's okay~ Any efforts for enriching Strike Witches Tech knowledge is appreciated

So i guess punishing Yoshika is worth it~

Seriously though, Fighter vs Fighter or should we say, Witch vs Witch is much better than attacking big fortresses.
Wel Yoshika needs the punish.. training it toughens her up, and if it's because I mention Neuroi Girl one to many times then so be it because Neuroi Girl needs more screen time, and scene's other then Neuroi Girl being blasted into oblivion, and now that i think about it. The StrikeWitches never FOUGHT with Neuroi Girl, because she always got back-stabbed by BEAM attacks, so I would want so see a massive showdown between them see how the bullets effect her and how fast she regenerates. .... Neuroi girl, Neuroi girl, Neuroi girl, Neuroi girl, Neuroi girl, Neuroi girl, she needs the pun.. trianing you all know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
I enjoy the cameos of the other Witch units. Amaki Suwa was a nice tribute to the Maidens of the Blue Sky.

But I'm not impressed with the Pantaloni Rossi who performed so poorly against the enemy. But what can be expected from a unit whose archetypes include:
  • an American who was grounded after he crashed his plane while showing off for photographers and then died crashing a trainer in Maryland
  • his ex-wingman who was shot down by his own wingman, captured by the Germans, and interned for the rest of the war in a Luftstalag?
Although the other members of the Suomus Independent Volunteer Aerial Squadron, like Bunny O'Hare (Is Fuso in Florida?), would be too old to fly with the current batch of Witches, it was truly great sneaking in Ursula, Bubi's twin sister/wife, as working on the Me-262 project. Everybody knows that two Bubis are better than one!

Ursula also designed Sanya's Fliegerhummer, by the way. Here's an example of Bubi's weapons savvy:
Spoiler for Bubi on how to use a potato masher:
The whole Me-262 episode was a great one. Lucchini was priceless with the cat-in-the-electric-socket tail (Nanka bibibi dekita!). And they even got in the classic Adolf Galland quote: "like being pushed by angels".It's not luck.
And I also noticed a missing 504th red pants member, if she is a red pants.

And also I caught notice of a some other 504th witch members who where supposable not combat-capable or maybe he designed these witches just to tell you they DIED during the sortie. Or they are just new members of the 504th.

I guess she is the missing link, at least it looks like her, different uniform though.
The Air Force contingent 転戦 towards Hispania Karusuranto as Lt. Angela Salas Larrazabal, red trousers team honors after participating as a volunteer toward Romagna.
A Hispanian Witch From the Hispanic Volunteer Squad and is based on WW2 Spanish ace Angel Salas Larrazabal from Blue Legion. Hence the Blue Uniform.
According to His blog she got the power to make explosive bullets of the sort, or that's what I read from it. Also her Tsukaima is based on a Hispanic Horse.

Also this little missy but I think everybody knows about her.

Patricia Shade

Britannian Airforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Makes me wonder though. Is Minna still enforcing that no males are to come in contact with her witches rule?

Cause I don't see any guys even maintenance ones. Though it is implied with the odd jobs fixing the new base.
Well I can only theorize that Minna found out that all male companions that stay around her for too long tend to meet disastrous ends thus beginning her epic adventure to Mio's heart battling many paper work reports, fighting fierce Fuso witches thick headedness, battling her archival Perrine swooning over Mio and finally capturing her heart or so I theorize.

And now for something Completely different.
I remember long ago some argument about possession over Minna and something and over plush dolls, I think it was with Minna/Mangatron and some other guy. So here I found one.
click image to for link. I got links for some other witches so if you want the others just reply.

Last edited by Blue-Ultimate; 2010-08-25 at 19:24.
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 20:48   Link #648
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
And now for something Completely different.
I remember long ago some argument about possession over Minna and something and over plush dolls, I think it was with Minna/Mangatron and some other guy. So here I found one.
click image to for link. I got links for some other witches so if you want the others just reply.
Heheh.... It was mostly talk over possession of Minna-related items, like le plushies and pillows.

I wonder if an Amazon.com gift certificate will work on amazon.co.jp...surely Amazon is Amazon no matter where in the world

That's an encouraging sign, though:

"What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?"
44% buy the Minna plushie doll thingy
12% buy that Trudy pvc figure

44% can't resist them some Minna-chan Although 53% give in to the Trudy figure after viewing it :P
Old 2010-08-25, 22:05   Link #649
Dahak86
Classics never age

Ep 8

- yea, finally we see Mio using the Reppuzan again... I was wondering if we would ever see it again... (before series' end)

I especially enjoyed this=>
Spoiler:
- uh, now Reppuzan is weak? how come? and what is this true Reppuzan about? just when I was wondering if Mio could be even more badass than this! here comes the new Reppuzan bankai-mode

- Oooh, a regenerating Neuroi too... it was about damn time, why it took soo long?? lol

It looks like Fat-Man was the reference this time (not sure, just found it) =>
Spoiler:
- for a moment I thought the Yamato was going to sink, next time.. maybe? lulz

- wat the?! a new striker unit?! and where was the voice of Yoshika's father coming from?! she just dreamt about it?

Yoshika gets her new striker unit =>
Spoiler:
- hmm, and so the reason Yoshika couldn't fly anymore was... that her magic power grew too powerful for her old striker unit to handle... aah, now I see. well, It does make sense. (looks like the limiter installed on the old unit to protect the magic engine wasn't helping though).

and now Miyafuji can easily match Mio badassery level too, thanks to her new Magnificent Lighting!
can't wait to see those two going all out and slicing/destroying every Neuroi on their path!

- the doctor, not bad. =>
Spoiler:
also, next ep seems to deliver =>
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-09-07 at 03:28. Reason: images re-uploaded
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 22:36   Link #650
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
- Oooh, a regenerating Neuroi too... it was about damn time, why it took soo long?? lol
Yeah it took real long. I said it earlier, the guys midway in the series aren't important story material other than to be there, but for this episode it's really important to the story with the new Striker unit and what not. Heh...

Finally, after many weeks, my prediction: we got a shield shattering beam attack! Well she was tired after a long night in bed with me-...nvm

Quote:
- for a moment I thought the Yamato was going to sink, next time.. maybe? lulz
Oh, how it would be if they repeat season 1 and make it a pseudo space battleship Neuroimato

Quote:
- wat the?! a new striker unit?! and where was the voice of Yoshika's father coming from?! she just dreamt about it?
It's all in the head. Everything is in the head. Like, my marriage to Minna-chan, and-... oh wait

On a more serious note, I call dibs on voice activated vault. Yamato was on a secret mission to deliver the new unit, which can only be activated when Yoshika cries. Oh wait... that wasn't serious at all

Quote:
- the doctor, not bad. =>
Spoiler:
Helloooo Nurse!
Ah, well, I melted at the Zettai Ryouiki, so I will claim this girl too thankyouverymuch

/me runs

And, it was a nice ep. The couple pairings were evident as ever, and the continuing tsundere Perrine-chan was fun as well. there was that talk earlier about "where are the males at" and what do you know, a boat load (forgive the pun) of them show up in ep 08. Even my Nurse as well
Old 2010-08-26, 00:36   Link #651
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

What plane was the new unit for Yoshika based on?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 01:25   Link #652
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
What plane was the new unit for Yoshika based on?
If the swept wing, green color and 6-props are any indication, it's likely based on the aircraft of the same name:

Kyushu J7W Shinden

Which was a highly experimental canard & swept wing design that would be right at home in a danmaku video game

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 07:00   Link #653
SanyaChan

cant wait for next episode~ ;o swimsuits! *makes a truce with eila as we anticipate for sanya's swimsuit debut again~ *
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:29   Link #654
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Followup on the Miyafuji Figma: Apparently it's getting more parts than ever for a Figma. Now I can't wait to see how Sakamoto Mio turns out!:

Spoiler:
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:55   Link #655
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
It felt weird watching this ep since one of the ships was named 高雄 (takao) which is also the city of 高雄 (Kaohsiung) in Taiwan, my birth city. The city used to be named 打狗 (dog beating) until the Japanese changed it during the colonial years.

And was there a ghost in the hanger with Miyafugi?! Who the fuck was controlling the stuff? Ghost of her father?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 10:44   Link #656
supei_02
Potatoes = world peace

Charlotte in the next episode preview... no excuse in not pausing at this shot
Spoiler for Charlotte:

btw Aug 26 was Mio and her previous voice actor, Saeko Chiba's birthday so Happy Birthday!
I wonder if anyone does that "cake infront of computer display" ritual for Mio?
Old 2010-08-26, 11:15   Link #657
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
btw Aug 26 was Mio and her previous voice actor, Saeko Chiba's birthday so Happy Birthday!

I wonder if anyone does that "cake infront of computer display" ritual for Mio?
what about these:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-26, 12:44   Link #658
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Perhaps if Michiko joined the Navy she be having a Shinden too~

Nothing to say much about this episode... Not bad,

About the broomstick trainings.. it's somehow reminded me of what Saburo Sakai said in a video interview. Forgot the specifics but it was something like the aircraft was an extension of their body..

About the J7W1... I admit my knowledge about world war 2 warbirds is almost none but is it somehow built to be an Energy/High speed fighter? The Shinden was designed to intercept the B-29..

It seems that when fighters attack bombers, they're like doing slash like attacks. High speed approaches from below or above thus requiring lots of airspeed.

Yoshika got accustomed to the A6M which is best being an angles/tight turning fighter. That's probably why she was out turning most of the other girls (well except her superiors maybe..) Perhaps using the Shinden, she'll have to change her tactics somehow..

That move she did against the "Bomb" looking Neuroi was obviously of high speed.. whereas she used to just do the usual ACM and shield deployment in the previous episodes and season..

Anyway. ^^

Quote:
I guess she is the missing link, at least it looks like her, different uniform though.
The Air Force contingent 転戦 towards Hispania Karusuranto as Lt. Angela Salas Larrazabal, red trousers team honors after participating as a volunteer toward Romagna.
A Hispanian Witch From the Hispanic Volunteer Squad and is based on WW2 Spanish ace Angel Salas Larrazabal from Blue Legion. Hence the Blue Uniform.
According to His blog she got the power to make explosive bullets of the sort, or that's what I read from it. Also her Tsukaima is based on a Hispanic Horse.
So it's another Witch~ Judging from the infos about her in the net, the strikers she used could have been the BF109 and G.55 ones.. just my guesstimate~

Quote:
Also this little missy but I think everybody knows about her.

Patricia Shade
Patty Shade's just plain adorable^
Old 2010-08-26, 17:28   Link #659
Wark

Nice episode, finally Lynette is in the spotlight. BTW, Mio's sword starts to remind me of lightsabers from Star Wars, with all that humming sounds and glow it was producing.

Still, I wonder if any forces other than the Witches will ever be of any use against Neuroi? They have gone as far as to bring Dambusters in action in episode 6, and now they have Yamato, but it's painfully useless. I mean, don't think the fact that artillery/ships are actually somewhat helpful is going to make our Striker-wearing girls less awesome (as proved by the "African" series).

Also, it seems that we have another unlucky witch in 504 JFW. In addition to the ones, who are based on:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
  • an American who was grounded after he crashed his plane while showing off for photographers and then died crashing a trainer in Maryland
  • his ex-wingman who was shot down by his own wingman, captured by the Germans, and interned for the rest of the war in a Luftstalag?
-now there is Patricia Schade, based on a pilot who crashed after a collision with a friendly fighter...
Wark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 20:52   Link #660
Dralha

Ep 8 was really well done, a bit of a nice drama that concluded nicely.

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume