AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 54.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 29.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-18, 09:03   Link #141
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
is there any translation of the novel ?
Baka-tsuki is working on it.
Old 2008-02-18, 14:03   Link #142
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
thats music to my ears
Old 2008-02-18, 14:44   Link #143
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Sweet they do good work looking forward to it.
Old 2008-02-18, 20:49   Link #144
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Wow, thats good to hear.
Old 2008-02-18, 20:53   Link #145
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

The translator needs all the help he can get, though, so go there and check out what's been done and offer whatever services you can, whether it be proofreading or editing or whatnot.
Old 2008-02-18, 22:01   Link #146
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Oh wow so they're working on novel translations...?
I wish I had free time to help translate or something : (

Old 2008-02-19, 00:08   Link #147
oompa loompa

and i cant speak japanese .. id be more than happy to help in any way i could though
Old 2008-02-19, 00:49   Link #148
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This show is freaking fantastic, it's easily the best thing out there right now.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-19, 00:55   Link #149
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah really has been a great show.

Really do wish my language background was more broad at times like these. Though with essays coming up there is almost no free time to learn anything.
Old 2008-02-20, 03:51   Link #150
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Well I finalyl decided to check this series out... so just marathoned the first 6... hmm... I guess I am not familar with the novel, as the pacing and flow seem fairly okay to me... true it's not the highest production quality, but I am fine with that.... I dunno... i think only thing that really left me longing was her transformation to an ookami ... I guess it really doesnt matter.... but it just.. i dunno.. didn't seem right somehow... *shrugs* .. I really am loving Horo's charector, even if she's playing the mean side a bit much but she's entitled i suppose... has to keep that Wolf-flair to her...

I'm still trying to peice everything together from post-transformation to reunion in this episode.. probably will have to watch it again... or gain more insight in other episodes...

Ah well.... Horo suki!
Old 2008-02-23, 14:47   Link #151
kenwaz

Send a message via MSN to kenwaz
since the first episode, I was upset for not seeing her true form ! now i'm relieved, and fully oOO

but do you really think she really killed chloé, because we may think she's just lost concioussness.

My favorite episode )
Old 2008-02-23, 14:50   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

??? The end of the episode shows clearly what happened to Chloe ... go watch again?

Spoiler for Chloe finale:
Old 2008-02-24, 09:18   Link #153
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
??? The end of the episode shows clearly what happened to Chloe ... go watch again?

Spoiler for Chloe finale:
Spoiler for question:
Old 2009-12-29, 13:07   Link #154
Pencil_P

I hope you won't mind if I post on an old thread.

Recently started watching this series (yes I know it's been out for a few years but I only saw Evangelion the first time last year and there are plenty of old shows that I haven't seen yet).

A question. Suppose Lawrence didn't call out to Horo to stop; would she have then have killed Chloe or was her intention just to scare her?

With regard to the look on Chloe's face near the end, to me it doesn't look like relief but more a sort of understanding.
Old 2009-12-30, 00:50   Link #155
BashZeStampeedo

That's entirely up to you, I suppose. It doesn't seem likely to me, given that Horo seemed to be rearing and everything rather than just finishing it. If she just wanted to kill Chloe, I doubt she would put on such a show. She hadn't killed anyone in the fight before that either, although they might at least have some serious injuries
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-30, 10:58   Link #156
Pencil_P

Thanks for the insights and having re watched the scene I agree with you. Horo seems to take too long about it with too much showing for wanting to kill her. I believe if that was her intention she'd have just done it (probably before Chloe woke up from being knocked out).

I've also noticed, contrary to some of the things I've read on this thread, Horo doesn't take her cloak but returns it. Why doesn't Horo take the cloak (the one she has at the end is one she's brought - at Lawrence's expense)

Another question is, wouldn't Chloe have known about the giant wolf thing, she is from the village that used to worship her? She says about Horo just being a possessed girl but I think she should have known otherwise. So therefore why not bring some better weapons, such as spears, crossbows etc.

I am wondering when this is set, it looks pre-reformation and there's no mention of Protestants so I'm guessing it's before 1517.

I'm enjoying this show, I'd like to see more of Chloe but it's understandable that they can't do much with her without moving away from the source material; since I've come to this late I don't have to wait for a second series.

With regard to the point about it being up to the viewer, again I agree I guess it's what Roland Barthes called the death of the author.

One final point I'd like to congratulate the people of the forum for a level of maturity sadly lacking in some other forums.
Old 2009-12-30, 11:48   Link #157
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil_P View Post
Another question is, wouldn't Chloe have known about the giant wolf thing, she is from the village that used to worship her? She says about Horo just being a possessed girl but I think she should have known otherwise. So therefore why not bring some better weapons, such as spears, crossbows etc.
Cloe knew the traditional stories about Holo being a gigantic wolf, but she didn't believe them. Why would she bring weapons to fight against something that -- as far as she believes -- doesn't exist? It wasn't until Holo transformed that Cloe finally understood the true danger she faced.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-12-30, 15:18   Link #158
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
I've also noticed, contrary to some of the things I've read on this thread, Horo doesn't take her cloak but returns it. Why doesn't Horo take the cloak (the one she has at the end is one she's brought - at Lawrence's expense)
I doubt Horo would really want her cloak, even as a trophy. She doesn't like holding onto the past. I found it sweet how she egged Lawrence on to chase after her by spending his money without asking him (yet again).

Quote:
wouldn't Chloe have known about the giant wolf thing, she is from the village that used to worship her? She says about Horo just being a possessed girl but I think she should have known otherwise. So therefore why not bring some better weapons, such as spears, crossbows etc.
For Lawrence to choose another girl over her, I think struck some wrath from Chloe. She is arrogant and self-assured, after all. She probably didn't put two and two together and consider that Lawrence would have given this "Horo" girl up if she wasn't the real deal. It shows that Chloe really didn't know that much about Lawrence (and was using him for his prospects), or she was a bit too angry to think rationally about the situation.

Quote:
I am wondering when this is set, it looks pre-reformation and there's no mention of Protestants so I'm guessing it's before 1517.
Don't fall into the trap of turning Spice and Wolf into a historically-accurate set piece.. to me it seems all over the place in terms of what age it's set in. Next you'll be picking nits about the presence of potatos and such

Quote:
One final point I'd like to congratulate the people of the forum for a level of maturity sadly lacking in some other forums.
Agreed.. thanks everyone!
Closed Thread