AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 36 28.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 29.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.94%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-18, 16:41   Link #21
Kakkou
Tch.

DEEN must be having some problems keeping track of the sisters seeing how they keep mixing their hair colours up XD.
Old 2009-11-18, 17:23   Link #22
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
DEEN must be having some problems keeping track of the sisters seeing how they keep mixing their hair colours up XD.
Well, to defend them on that one. Neither me nor a friend who's also reading it can distinguish the stakes by name, except Mammon (because there was such a focus on her in Episode 4).
Until now they are just 7 times the same girl with different wigs. XD
Still I agree that a studio animating it should be able to keep track of who they are animating right now...or at least let the person stay the same person...

Apart from the I really liked the episode, even though the art was seriously unstable this week. I've got no problem with moneysaving, but it's kinda distracting if a character looks 6 times different in the course of 20 minutes. Still it's nothing that would ruin this episode for me.
Rosa and Maria scenes were very well done, I really felt the tension, and the scene that was pulled a bit forward fitted very well at this point.

But I'm still unsure if next episode won't be a seriously rushed job, if they want to squeeze everything that's left in 5 episodes...because there's still so much to SAY especially...
Old 2009-11-18, 17:32   Link #23
Kakkou
Tch.

Well, I wasn't really trying to put DEEN down or anything since I am their fan. But I'm glad to hear the episode was good, can't wait till I see the RAW.
Old 2009-11-18, 17:52   Link #24
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well who can keep track of all their "sins"? They got seven deadly ones and it is hard just with that.
Old 2009-11-18, 17:55   Link #25
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
You need to train harder TBH, I've got no problems telling the Stakes apart.
Old 2009-11-18, 18:30   Link #26
Tsuyi

Spoiler for Episode 21 review:

This episode gets a 7. It was good, I guess, Yui Horie's crying was really good. But I really can't give it a higher score because they denied me the bloody shota scene D':
Old 2009-11-18, 20:20   Link #27
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22 View Post
You need to train harder TBH, I've got no problems telling the Stakes apart.
Same here. Granted, occassionally I'll forget one of their name's for a second, but I never mix them up.
I also tend to forget Siesta 410's name. But I know which ones she's not!
Old 2009-11-18, 20:25   Link #28
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyi View Post
Other than that, why was Lucifer destroyed twice? lol I know some people can't distinguish them, but it confuses the hell out of the people who can Honestly, I never bothered to distinguish them until Episode 4, where they acted more like humans and less like tools/furniture...haha
By this point, the average viewer should be able to distinguish each stake by their asses alone. I guess people aren't trying to solve the mystery hard enough.

I absolutely loved this episode. Ange's classroom scene and Sakutarou's ripping scene had good emotional impact. Rating 10/10

Looking foward to "I'm on a boat" (Ange Remix)
Old 2009-11-18, 20:29   Link #29
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I know it has been mentioned before a lot of times, but it is tiring to death that 90% of the conversation in the episode thread veers around animation errors and meta discussion about the episode rather than, well you know, what actually happened.
Old 2009-11-18, 20:46   Link #30
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I know it has been mentioned before a lot of times, but it is tiring to death that 90% of the conversation in the episode thread veers around animation errors and meta discussion about the episode rather than, well you know, what actually happened.
Unfortunately, consistency errors are a legitimate topic for discussion in a story like Umineko, especially when they're obvious ones. This anime is an adaptation and has to be judged as one.

Spoiler for episode:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-11-18, 21:23   Link #31
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Don't have all that much to say about this episode. I thought it was done really well, but it didn't particularly wow me. Two episodes in a row without seeing present-day Rokkenjima... *yawn* At least the VN interspersed the flashbacks and normal scenes somewhat.

Spoiler for review:

Overall...hm, hard one to judge. Episode felt pretty boring, but at the same time, I'm very pleased at how they adapted the necessary scenes. It just didn't make for a very exciting episode. The real good stuff begins next week, though, and this one definitely sets the stage for later events, so I'm satisfied. Will wait for subs to rate, to get a better feel for things like the conversation in the classroom, but I think I'll give it a 9. Animation was, er, wonky to say the least, but that doesn't typically affect my ratings, especially considering the Higurashi Anime is what got me into When They Cry to begin with. Everything was really well done - just boring (as was the VN during this part anyways).
Old 2009-11-18, 21:38   Link #32
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yes. It has been mentioned before, thank you.
Old 2009-11-18, 21:51   Link #33
chronotrig

Ah, I forgot. Not only did they revive Ooishi and include a boat called the Hanyuu-maru, they also had this:
Spoiler for uguu:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-11-18, 22:01   Link #34
Kakkou
Tch.

Fantastic episode... barring some rather... monstrous breasts. Seriously, Ange looked like she was packing oppai missiles in her uniform. Should've used those to smack those St. Lucia bitches. Rosa's crowning moment of model parenting was really effective. I hate her there just as much as I did in the SN, even more so with the voice acting as well. Oh, and I'd like to say that this is also one of the moments where Maria's evil face is genuinely scary and effective when it followed up from all the drama that occured.
Old 2009-11-18, 22:02   Link #35
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Ah, I forgot. Not only did they revive Ooishi and include a boat called the Hanyuu-maru, they also had this:
Spoiler for uguu:
Yep, Yui Horie does the voice for Ayu in Kanon. We almost had Uryu~ Uu~ and Uguu~ in one scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Oh, and I'd like to say that this is also one of the moments where Maria's evil face is genuinely scary and effective when it followed up from all the drama that occured.
Yeah, her face was much more different than her usual creepy face.
Spoiler for Maria's face:
Old 2009-11-18, 22:09   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm starting to wonder if this anime is actually speaking in Japanese... orz

It was a wonderful episode full of noticeably large breasts, coloring mistakes, crazy mother and daughter, and delusions.
..... <--speechless

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-18, 22:16   Link #37
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Hmmm... color me unimpressed as far as Kasumi's voice goes. Not only does she sound just like Kyrie, but the attitude seems to be completely different from what I imagined. I imagined her voice sounding more... taunting and sly... kind of like Eva or Takano from Higurashi (not that I expected her to be voiced by Miki Itou)... I don't know, I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Also, I don't hate Rosa... I expected to be extremely pissed off at her and hate her a lot. But in the anime she seems pretty angry. In the VN I got the impression that she smiled and actually enjoyed crushing her daughter's dreams, which was what made me really sick while reading it... also, I kind of imagined Sakutaro actually being ripped apart while in human form... which I'm extremely glad wasn't animated. @_@;

Old 2009-11-18, 23:21   Link #38
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Yeah, her face was much more different than her usual creepy face.
Spoiler for Maria's face:
It actually looks close to Rena's USODA face.

Anyway, giving this episode an 8/10. -1 came from the lack of quality in a few scenes. +2 came from the parenting scene which was done well. Yeah, the Rosa hate comes back now.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-11-19, 02:28   Link #39
MarshmallowAngela
The Princess of Retardia

Spoiler for LONG review:
Old 2009-11-19, 08:07   Link #40
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Also, I don't hate Rosa... I expected to be extremely pissed off at her and hate her a lot. But in the anime she seems pretty angry. In the VN I got the impression that she smiled and actually enjoyed crushing her daughter's dreams, which was what made me really sick while reading it... also, I kind of imagined Sakutaro actually being ripped apart while in human form... which I'm extremely glad wasn't animated. @_@;
Yeah, I was hoping they'd have reused Maria's croco-face from like, episode 2.
Closed Thread