AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 23:52   Link #1421
Sumeragi
Banned

Actually, as far as I know there are no full-length "Ako does enjo-kosai" doujinshis.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 23:55   Link #1422
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sumeragi: I haven't seen any samples up on Pixiv either for the upcoming Comiket season, but that doesn't mean there aren't any in the works. There are, however, a lot of individual examples of pics depicting the same, which means that it is an idea that floats around in the heads of watchers/artists.

On an unrelated note. D'oh! I wonder why it took me this long to realize that Fujita's girlfriend was actually Kazekoshi's team coach? It finally hit me while reading Saki Biyori (where we had several chapters devoted to Kazekoshi planning for their school festival), and said girlfriend invited everyone to drop by when it happens (and Fujita suddenly puts in if it was possible to join said club, so she can eat for free).

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-07-05 at 00:15.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 00:37   Link #1423
Sumeragi
Banned

Eh, what kind of girlfriend? I'm sure Kubo Takako doesn't swing that way.
Old 2012-07-05, 00:48   Link #1424
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sumeragi: Not in "that" way, but there was this bit in the main manga (Chapter 76) where Fujita comes in with another woman and chats up Sukoya and Kouko during lunchtime. I didn't recognize her, like at all, and for the longest time I wondered who she was, which is why after I read that chapter of Biyori that things fell into place for me, heh.

Speaking of which, Biyori (even if done in the name of jokes) alludes that she and Fujita going out together after work seems pretty common (Sukoya even saying that her reply was awfully similar to how she replied for Kouko).
Old 2012-07-05, 01:02   Link #1425
Sumeragi
Banned

Already posted this in the Achiga-hen thread, but since it was so cute.....

Here is Hakka-ya's rendering of Teru in the doujinshi Buchou Musou. I personally love this short story:

Spoiler for Saki: Miyanaga Teru-hen:
Old 2012-07-05, 01:02   Link #1426
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
What I don't get is why people find it so surprising that Saki would aim for this result. It makes perfect tactical sense to eliminate two troublesome schools and let the school that's the least of a threat to Saki and the rest of her team advance. It's not even an underhanded trick so why should Nodoka, or anyone else for that matter, fault her for it even if she did do +/- 0 again. If anything it just shows that she's THAT skilled.
She promised Nodoka to not do that again, and it's one of the few subjects the pink haired machine has shown an emotional response to. Now Saki did that same thing (apparently) twice, in national TV. Regardless of the results, Nodoka will demand an explanation. Also, Saki only stated, and we only expected, she would win, not play god in the table, as strategically sound as it might be, and we got no previous hint that she'd try something even close to that, and we certainly didn't expect Himematsu of all teams to make it through, especially since Eisui had all the signs of being the one going forward (pending development, boobs).

@Sumeragi
You say that as if there was something wrong with Sera, and it's a well known fact otakus like tomboys.

Also, I wonder if someone will ever finish translating that awesome doujin.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 01:20   Link #1427
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You say that as if there was something wrong with Sera, and it's a well known fact otakus like tomboys.
More like I didn't expect it to come out this early

Quote:
I'll get to it once I finish up my promise of reviewing a Korean light novel translation for a fellow forum member.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:01   Link #1428
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
A fair point Qilin, Himematsu's inclusion is more to showcase the common player's struggle against the freaky mahjong super monsters like in Saki's captain battle. But I could see any of the teams that following Kiyosumi into the semi's as being relegated into background characters as Rinkai and the other school are probably going to get a lot of attention.
I guess that makes sense. I'm just a bit bummed that the manga went through the trouble of hyping up Esui, particularly Jindai and Hatsumi, only to have their powers limited once on the table (Jindai only falling asleep as the match was ending, and Sae sealing Hatsumi's winds for most of the match). Let's not forget that they hardly have any flashbacks, apart from the one with Kasumi.

But whatever, let's just see what Rinkai and the mystery team brings to the table. Hopefully, one of them can replace Toyone place in my favorite characters.

I wonder how people wound react if some no-name school happened to beat Rinkai in the quarter final. That would be fun to behold.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:16   Link #1429
The Green One

Quote:
She promised Nodoka to not do that again, and it's one of the few subjects the pink haired machine has shown an emotional response to. Now Saki did that same thing (apparently) twice, in national TV. Regardless of the results, Nodoka will demand an explanation. Also, Saki only stated, and we only expected, she would win, not play god in the table, as strategically sound as it might be, and we got no previous hint that she'd try something even close to that, and we certainly didn't expect Himematsu of all teams to make it through, especially since Eisui had all the signs of being the one going forward (pending development, boobs).

@Sumeragi

I thought Saki's promise was not to purposely throw more games using the +/- 0 method, the difference here is that she won the game and even secured a tactical advantage for her team. Nodoka's goal is to win the tournament so I don't think she'd complain how Saki goes about doing it unless she pulls something to mock the other teams like Koromo purposely avoiding winning the game just to reduce Ikeda's score to exactly zero to purposely grind her nose into the fact that she's powerless to fight back.

It's unknown if Nodoka noticed anything "odd" about Saki considering her lack of belief in the occult, but it's doubtful any inquires about it will have anger in it, confusion maybe, but not anger.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 03:39   Link #1430
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I wonder how people wound react if some no-name school happened to beat Rinkai in the quarter final. That would be fun to behold.
It might happen.

If Rinkai is as good as their reputation, Saki probably don't let them go to final round. Who know, Saki may even help Himematsu go to final round LOL.
Old 2012-07-05, 04:48   Link #1431
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Eh, what kind of girlfriend? I'm sure Kubo Takako doesn't swing that way.
This is Saki. I'm pretty sure all the girls swing that way.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 05:49   Link #1432
uis

Quote:
Nah that not gonna happen. Rinkai is leading that match.
Spoiler for Side B Rinkai-hen:

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 06:14   Link #1433
Peanutbutter

Just read some more scans. Oh my god, Saki, what have you done?

Spoiler for Nice image of the 2nd-round/quarter finals match point by point tally table:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2012-07-05 at 06:24.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 07:44   Link #1434
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

It looks like Achiga anime fulfilled its purpose: Advertise Saki even more.

Both Saki and Achiga hen mangas are in the top 2 spots this week with 190k and 140k copies sold respectively.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:46   Link #1435
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

sorry double post

Last edited by ahelo; 2012-07-05 at 07:46. Reason: god i hate double posting
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:47   Link #1436
Qilin
Romanticist

Read a few more spoiler pics.

Spoiler for 99:

Okay. That's everything. All out of my system now.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:07   Link #1437
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Read a few more spoiler pics.

Spoiler for 99:

Okay. That's everything. All out of my system now.
Where can i get ch 99 picture?
Any reason why Saki let's Himematsu become runner up?
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:20   Link #1438
Undertaker

From the spoilers the reason is yet unclear whether it was intentional or a by-product of Saki reaching +/-0.

The spoiler I see also made a quick mention of the TV series plot where Saki was going for the +/- 0 rather than winning in the Singles in the Prefecture Tournament so it seems that the TV original plots are now canon as well.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:26   Link #1439
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Where can i get ch 99 picture?
Any reason why Saki let's Himematsu become runner up?
I guess it makes more sense to knock out two potential rivals in Esui and Miyamori in favor of a less-threatening team of normals like Himematsu?
Old 2012-07-05, 09:43   Link #1440
Undertaker

But that's the result, not necessarily the intend. If that is indeed the intend then Saki is definitely the Evil Haraguro Maou of the series that was out to destroy every Mahjong players who stands in her path.

Seriously though, it ability of hers was there since the beginning just got overshadowed by her affinity of Rinshan.

I've always thought that the reason Teru develop such hatred toward her (even though they were close before) was precisely because of this, it might even be a reason why their parent split as well....

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri