AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Heavy Object

Notices

Old 2015-09-24, 21:11   Link #1181
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I think Izumo just expressed his wiish for it to be 24, not that it will be.

Unless he is talking about that french site, I'm not sure about its reliability.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 21:53   Link #1182
Izumo
Banned

They got the license so that must be accurate.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 22:03   Link #1183
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Really? That sounds great. The anime should at least then get to volume 4, which means one of my favorite Objects, the Deep Optical, has to show up. We should also get Milinda vs Oh Ho Ho round 2 in the Object arcade game.
Come to think of it, what is everyone personal favorite Objects Ranking, in term of power and weapon design

My personal Favorite is Deep optical and Broad sky Saber,
as for power wise: Oriental magic, Break Carrier, Early States.

Seriously, it make me understand how underleveled Baby Magnum is....
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 22:24   Link #1184
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I noticed: the Japanese are already reporting it with the same source.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 22:37   Link #1185
Izumo
Banned

^ so is 100% confirmed, nice!
Old 2015-09-25, 04:28   Link #1186
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Come to think of it, what is everyone personal favorite Objects Ranking, in term of power and weapon design

My personal Favorite is Deep optical and Broad sky Saber,
as for power wise: Oriental magic, Break Carrier, Early States.

Seriously, it make me understand how underleveled Baby Magnum is....
My top 3 favorite Objects are: Deep Optical (Object filled with laser tech and gimmicks that can even transform), Baby Magnum (7 rotatory cannons FTW) and Wing Balancer (jumping Object).

And of course Baby Magnum is underleveled, it's a 1st Generation Object that usually has to fight 2nd Gens. It's even worse when you consider that the Baby Magnum she's piloting now is an improved version of her original one. Poor Milinda.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 05:15   Link #1187
vic-vic

My fav Object is Rush - Gatling Goodness and tank-treads with a size of a train!!
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 07:48   Link #1188
SineMora
Wait for it...

My Fave Object? Early States. IF I PUT ONION ARMOR IN IT, IT WOULD'VE BEEN INVINCIBLE. (And don't forget to apply Deep Optical's lotsa lasers on it, it will be a living nightmare)

Oh don't forget the Elite... the fucking Elite...

My Other favorites? Collective Farming: Practical and good for Post Battle, Broad Sky Saber: Death From Above, taken to the logical extreme. Catapult Cargo: Versatility.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 09:57   Link #1189
Izumo
Banned

By the way someone here has the link of the japanese source?
Old 2015-10-03, 04:02   Link #1190
LazyHunter

I'll post here my opinion of the first ep without the constraints of possibly spoiling anime first viewers.

The adaptation is fine. The pacing, which was one of my (and probably others) main concerns, was great so far. They seem to be giving several episodes to 1 chapter, which is good. Only minor parts in conversations were cut, probably in order to end the episode with the destruction of Baby Magnum. The only ones I really missed were the explanation of what Elites are and how are they recruited and Frolaytia's comment of being in the military since she was 13, since it ties into her backstory in volume 2. But they can do those later if they want to.

It was nice of them to show the first Object ever, and we even got to see the initials of his Legitimacy Kingdom codename: "PO". The problem is that the diagram at the end of the sequence seems to identify its main cannon as a laser beam when it was shown shooting like a normal cannon before (which seem to be their effects for either coilguns or railguns). It also had electric laser propulsion.

The only real complaint I have is the gratuitous Milinda shower scene. Heavy Object doesn't have that much fanservice or focus on the female characters, so I wonder if JCStaff is going to keep introducing these scenes. As a minor nitpick, the laser beams should be orange like in the novel because of the dust and moisture in the air being roasted, not bright blue. Another Mugino needless colour change, I just point it out because I don't see the point of changing it.

As I expected there's already people here and in other sites entering with completely wrong expectations. Many thought that this was going to be another serious mecha war drama, and after this episode I've already seen others think it's going to be a harem series. The most hilarious comments I found were from someone I discussed the ep IRL. He immediately zeroed in OhHoHo in the OP, asking who she was and her name. He also speculated that Quenser/Qwenthur was going to "fall in the cockpit" of the Water Strider, and that would be his Object. Took everything I had to keep a straight face.

To other LN readers, I know that is frustrating to see anime viewers complaining about plotholes or things not maing sense when it's not the case in the novels, but remember that they are going only by the anime and don't have the same info. If they really need answers or explanations on something they can always ask in this thread.
Old 2015-10-03, 04:05   Link #1191
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow

This might seem counter-intuitive, but going in I was worried that there wasn't going to be enough 'controversies' to stir up discussions.

You need those to build up a sub forum, just look at GATE

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 04:22   Link #1192
OH&S
Partying in the States

I echo those sentiments.

MAL reacted as predictably as MAL does so no surprise there. I thought that ANN was fair with their reviews considering the episode that they worked with.

My complaints fall on a few things.

1. The fanservice. Surprisingly, I don't go into Kamachi works with intent of reading fanservice moments. I treat them as muddy waters I am forced to wade through. Even still, I know Kamachi and accept that it will always be there. Still I'd appreciate it if JC Staff didn't add their own scenes into it. We've got plenty as it is.
2. The stopping point of the episode. Don't get me wrong, it stopped at the right spot. But they should have let the despair sink in more before ending the episode.
3. The movement of the Objects. These things are supposed to be fast moving and yet both the Baby Magnum and Water Strider looked like they were static. Also the 3DCG could have been better.
4. Animation in general. Nothing to say except typical JC Staff.

People all around seem to be hating on Quenser (or do we call him Qwenthur now?) for failing to save Milinda when the belt was suffocating her (why is this idiot thinking about boobs when her life is in danger?). I can't wait to read their reactions when Quenser rescues her in the next episode.

For the 1st time in years; watching 6+ anime in 1 season.
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic!
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 04:22   Link #1193
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This might seem counter-intuitive, but going in I was worried that there wasn't going to be enough 'controversies' to stir up discussions.
There was no way that this series wasn't going to stir up discussions in anime viewers. From how many people I've seen online who are apparently military geniuses that can tell you how impractical an Object is and how you can totally beat one with tanks, aircraft or nukes I say we're fine. We haven't even reached the destruction of the first Object by Quenser using his brain and explosives, you can bet when that happens dozens of people will began crying bs and calling him a gary stu, even while some of them are suggesting sabotage as a way to beat Object (which has been the only actual reasonable method I've seen suggested by anime viewers so far).

I've already seen the "if only an Object's main cannons can destroy another Object you can just glue those on a tank or a bomber" argument several times and it's only the first ep. It's just hilarious to me as a novel reader, because those cannons are just too big to put on aircraft. If you want to put them on a tank or ship you need to add the JPlevelMHD reactor to power them up. That means you need to put onion armor to protect and support the heavy frame. Some special propulsion methods to move and super targeting equipment are also needed, we don't want our super weapon being blown up by nukes or bombers.

Congratulations, you just reinvented Objects! So much for making them obsolete... Maybe they think the smaller secondary cannons are enough to destroy an Object.

@OH&S
If they hate Quenser for not being able to stop thinking about boobs in a dnagerous situation they are going to hate both Quenser/Qwenthur and Havia's banter. Well, I already knew this series isn't for everyone. The speed is always hard to portray in anime. You wouldn't tell how fast Saints can be in Index from what they showed in the anime too. IMO as long as I get to see the two idiots in action with reasonable pacing I'm happy.
Old 2015-10-03, 04:36   Link #1194
Botan_TM

Personally I don't like scene of first Object fight. It should emphasize how laser AA changed situation by showing dozen of rockets/nukes and whole squadrons of planes being destroyed by AA before reaching Object, then one nuke which managed to reach target.

Last edited by Botan_TM; 2015-10-03 at 04:46.
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 04:40   Link #1195
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
Personally I don't like scene of first Object fight. It should emphasize how laser AAA changed situation by showing dozen of rockets/nukes and whole squadrons of planes being destroyed by AA before reaching Object, then one nuke who managed to reach target.
That would have been better, yes, and it should have at least shut down the argument of using nukes or aircraft against Objects. I mean, there's a reason Objects don't have missiles as weapons.
Old 2015-10-03, 04:56   Link #1196
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
it's kind of funny how we are as a LN reader seems not too agitated and can guess how the only anime audience react....., i am too pretty relaxed because i know this series is really a hit or miss as a show and series...not too polarizing but pretty much it eliminated the wrong audience in the first try.....so i think there won't any controversies in the future

and yes my opinion is similar with Lazyhunter....... i just enjoy the ride and still hyped about the next adventures of duo idiot get animated....
Old 2015-10-03, 05:14   Link #1197
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

There are still too many questions, though.
Why can't they just WAIT? It's just the first episode, dammit.

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (9/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (16/22) and Toji no Miko.
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou (1/1c) and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes (1/1c).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 34. Completed: 336. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 05:24   Link #1198
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There are still too many questions, though.
Why can't they just WAIT? It's just the first episode, dammit.
I found that kind of weird. I've seen people in other forums complain about the initial exposition narration and then complain the show didn't explain everything about the series in the first episode. There's people that will complain either way. Maybe they expect too much from what we readers know is esentially an introductory novel whose first chapter hasn't even finished being adapted. Of course, most anime viewers probably don't know that. I'm curious as to how many of them think this episode adapted a third or so of a novel.
Old 2015-10-03, 07:54   Link #1199
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Hmmm... I'm gonna watch this with a big, BIG grin. BD
Old 2015-10-03, 07:56   Link #1200
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I was kind of annoyed at how many people complained at the belt scene. You don't like fanservice, okay I don't care, but don't hate on Quenser from the get-go! I personally like that kind of stuff so it was funny in the novels and even funnier in the anime. You're right that they probably won't like a lot of the other scenes either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I found that kind of weird. I've seen people in other forums complain about the initial exposition narration and then complain the show didn't explain everything about the series in the first episode.
It's hard to take such complaints seriously because of that. People need to be patient. I'm not sure if every single explanation will make it in, but when has a series ever explained everything in 24 min?

Also, I noticed a lot of people thinking this is some overarching story epic and expecting that for the next while. That's going to disappoint them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
4. Animation in general. Nothing to say except typical JC Staff.
The animation quality was kind of surprising considering how good it's looked this year with stuff like DanMachi and Prison School or Endymion and Railgun S, etc. In the end, I guess it depends on what staff you have and how production is going. To be honest though, I wasn't expecting this to turn out like the ones I mentioned.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2015-10-03 at 08:54.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen, war