AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-28, 05:04   Link #741
pampz21
ShipCore

Shock faces?....having a girl who doesn't show emotion and always makes fun of you won't react like she's shock?....the thing about pink haired girl is her heart is frozen if she use her relic and the guy well he got he's arm turn to dust..hell show pain rather than shock...so it was alright the way they are!more explosion comes next episode cuz its a seen where Ryner's awake as a kid bearing Alpha and Ferris Fights Ryner!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 09:45   Link #742
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
I'll cross my fingers for that. It's an entertaining show in the same way Slayers was, if you pardon my comparison. And light novels appear to be enjoyables, too.
Yes, the light novels are definitely enjoyable. The inner thoughts of the characters really flesh out the story and situations, and some of these are hard to incorporate into the anime nor manga. I wish I have time and dedication to translate the novels. I know baka-tsuki has no deadlines... I almost wanted to help translate "baka test" because the stuff they served in the anime was so crappy, but still, I'm lacking the dedication... mendokusai kara na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Regarding episode 9

Spoiler:
yes that would be explained in due time, some of it at least. and you get Kiefer scenes then! the truth behind the crystal will be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Then again ALL Japanese boys are squanny-thin-and with no muscles. They can't raise the women's expectations with muscular anime males now would they. Oooo tricky.
Well, in the novel Ryner is described to be thin. And he's not Japanese, he is a Rolandian LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Shock faces?....having a girl who doesn't show emotion and always makes fun of you won't react like she's shock?....the thing about pink haired girl is her heart is frozen if she use her relic and the guy well he got he's arm turn to dust..hell show pain rather than shock...so it was alright the way they are!more explosion comes next episode cuz its a seen where Ryner's awake as a kid bearing Alpha and Ferris Fights Ryner!
The thing about Ferris showing emotions (I think this is impossible to portray explicitly in the anime) is that in the novels, whenever Ferris show some emotions to Ryner, it was described that the expressions are so subtle that it's impossible for anyone to notice except for people who have been around Ferris for some time, ie. Ryner, even for those smirks. But of course for the anime, they have to draw them out to be obvious enough for the viewers.

Last edited by larethian; 2010-08-28 at 10:10.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 04:34   Link #743
kujoe
from head to heel

It seems we've finally reached that moment in the PV... when the next episode airs.

Spoiler for episode 9:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 11:08   Link #744
ninja_pintu

Well, now that we are almost done with character introductions/buildup(They started with Sion/Miran so they should end with Ryner/Ferris, right?) this series should get a whole lot better. From what I have heard the later volumes of this series and the sequel are epic so we should be getting awesomeness very soon ^_^
Old 2010-08-29, 12:10   Link #745
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
we are almost done with character introductions/buildup
Not really but yeah, more awesomeness overall.
Old 2010-08-29, 12:45   Link #746
Johnny
Working the bags...

When I seen that red eye I couldn't help but think back to that Rental Magica anime...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 23:15   Link #747
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 9 was great, that was a fantastic fight, Ryner nearly obliterated that guy, excellent use of cliff hanger. Watching this series, makes me wish all the harder for a Wheel of Time anime.
Old 2010-08-30, 00:13   Link #748
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Episode 9 was great, I really liked the way Ryner pawned that pansy and his useless comb. Now I just wish Ryner would chase them down and finish them off.

Killer cliffhanger can't wait for the next episode, it seems it will be packed with action and RynerXFerris moments.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 00:36   Link #749
Shiki Nanaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Episode 9 was great, I really liked the way Ryner pawned that pansy and his useless comb. Now I just wish Ryner would chase them down and finish them off.

Killer cliffhanger can't wait for the next episode, it seems it will be packed with action and RynerXFerris moments.
Took the words out of my mouth! Man I really love the way you phrase it, "Ryner pawned that pansy and his useless comb. Now I just wish Ryner would chase them down and finish them off."

The guy carriers a dam comb around bragging how it can block everything! LOL! He got pawned! Yeah completely agree with you that it really sucks that "this" Berserk Ryner this episode 9 was not as brutal and efficient at killing compared to his berserk self in episode 3, dont you guys think so?

It's weird cuz for sure I thought that this episode 9's berserk Ryner "should" be stronger than ep.3 cuz I remember that in ep.3 the berserk Ryner was complaining about how "his power and that the contract was different".

This is just my theory, but I think it's how Ryner awakened his alpha stigma. If you compare it in ep.3, Ryner himself probably wanted to awaken it cuz he wants to save Kiefer and Sion so I guess that's why the power was different cuz Ryner had some control over his berserk self, since he was trying to close his eyes himself when he was choking Sion and Kiefer. Compare that this episode, Ryner was forcefully awakened using the crystal, we get a longer struggle of Ryner within before finally the berserk self took over. Plus in the end of the episode Ryner himself while crying admits he's a monster.

Also the reason why I thought that berserk Ryner was weaker than this ep.9, is the obvious lol, he was only walking around complaining how his power and the contract was different, while the berserk Ryner in this ep.9 was forcefully awakened by the crystal and was flying lol! But still...ep.3 was a whole lot better cuz he destroyed most of the 50 magic knights just by looking at them lol.

So i was a bit disappointed that he didnt just kill off the siblings using his eyes and was just going berserk shooting hadron cannons randomly. Too bad his berserk self doesnt have an identification friend or foe system in his head and no targeting system lol.
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 00:54   Link #750
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

^ God-mode Ryner is going to destroy everything. So no matter where and how far they run their end will be the same which is getting killed with everything else.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 07:20   Link #751
McGee

Cant wait till Ryner goes berserk.

McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 07:31   Link #752
larethian

Where's eslina?
Old 2010-08-30, 19:04   Link #753
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

When will FUNimation be releasing this anime to DVD in the U.S.?

Also, I saw no news over on ANN about FUNi licensing this for home video, just streaming rights.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 21:16   Link #754
klare

did not expect the the pink-haired siblings to be so evil and the "relics" to be destroyed so easily

looks like in next eps Ferris will fight Hulk-mode Ryner
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 23:41   Link #755
Sotobrastos

So is something inside Ryner? It's like there's another person in him that acts as the Alpha Stigma. In episode 9, the 'awakened' Ryner says that he's familiar with Elemio, when the lame pink twin held up his stupid comb. It sounded like there's something old sleeping in Ryner, which is why his AS is 'unique.'
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 22:52   Link #756
ninja_pintu

Any news on when the first BD is coming out? Hopefully this thing sells well enough to convice even Zexcs for another season
Old 2010-09-01, 08:30   Link #757
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Okay, new Nyantype with "Ryner's harem" (or not!)

Spoiler for NSFW, of course!:
The way the scan was drawn seems... lazy. Damn shame!
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 15:04   Link #758
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Anyone who want spoilers about Ryner's secret can just look up in wikipedia. :P
That pink-haired girl broke my heart! Her heart is frozen when using that stupid scythe and thus lose the carefree moe looking from her eyes!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 17:44   Link #759
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I love when people mess with things they shouldnt and in the process bring forth a horror they could never imagine in their worst nightmares. Those 2 were brilliant you actually brought out the demon in hopes of catching it. If it was so easy to capture it someone would have done it long ago. So in that guys arrogance he brought forth a demon that has no compassion feels nothing and exist only to destroy.

Here are some help hints to avoid inadvertently destroying the world.

-Dont read from ancient books that obviously should not be read from. If someone buried it a mile underground with traps and a warning. Obviously someone went to great lengths to hide it for a reason. Dont read it dont open it as a matter fact dont touch it.

(Note: Brendon Frezer in the Mummy proved this)

-Dont open doors that have been sealed for 1000s of years. Yet again there is probably a huge warning sign somewhere just look for it. Someone sealed something behind those doors for a reason do us a favor and dont open it.

-Please stop releasing demons whos only purpose is to destroy the world just because you think you can control them.

-a warning that says do not enter in an ancient and forgotten language is usually bad. Do not enter doesn't mean oh it was just waiting for someone to find the way in.

-Stop making pacts with ancient gods you lose everytime and usually lots of other people who happen to be around you do too. If you want to die you do it alone.

-Please do not call back people from the land of the dead. Most likely they are still pissed that they died do yourself a favor make friends with the living.

All im asking is for the world not to be destroyed before i can finish this series please stop unleashing the forces of evil upon us thanks
Old 2010-09-01, 18:29   Link #760
giorno

well, to be fair, your post actually doesn't really give them justice: they knew full well what they were doing, they know full well of the power of an awakened alpha stigma and they know full well they are perfectly capable or killing an awakened alpha stigma bearer rather easily

it's just that ryner's alpha stigma is special...

to use your analogy, they opened a perfectly normal-looking book about cuisine, only to discover it's actually a powerful ancient book containing a cursed recipe of death...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen