AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-23, 21:21   Link #261
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Haru, being the main heroine and best girl doesn't have a bad end because even fate won't let you screw up with her.
Actually, one may argue that every other heroine good and bad ending are essentially bad end for her.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:01   Link #262
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, one may argue that every other heroine good and bad ending are essentially bad end for her.
Why is that? She moved on with her life, which is hardly an bad ending. Compared to the other three. When I watched the true ending with the 3 girls meeting you in prison, it always implied in another life, you should had stuck around for them 3 rather than Haru.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:33   Link #263
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't exactly say she "moved on with her life" considering anything Maou related is absolutely not solved outside of her route.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:37   Link #264
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's quite true. She would be forever taunted with the demon for the rest of her life.

Kyousuke had to take the fall for her, because she alone could not overcome Maou in his games or even on the psychological level. Neither of them could individually. Even if Maou should fall, he would take down at least one of them.

But for all the cynicism and practicality this story has, that ending would be one of the most heartwrenching and heaertwarming ever.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 23:08   Link #265
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Wtb G Senjou or Sharin no Kuni VN anime adaptation. Probably will never happen. Or someone like DEEN will do it in which case it's better if it's not made in the first place.

Seriously, the last top tier VN anime adaptation I watched was ef tale of memories. Possibly Clannad AS if it wasn't for the shitty ending. But since then, absolutely nothing. Even something like Mashi-iro and KoiChoco were decent at best.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 00:15   Link #266
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Wtb G Senjou or Sharin no Kuni VN anime adaptation. Probably will never happen. Or someone like DEEN will do it in which case it's better if it's not made in the first place.

Seriously, the last top tier VN anime adaptation I watched was ef tale of memories. Possibly Clannad AS if it wasn't for the shitty ending. But since then, absolutely nothing. Even something like Mashi-iro and KoiChoco were decent at best.
While G-Sen can have Fuku-Jun for both protag and Maou voices, how would one animate Sharin? Having a First-Person View? That would be a pretty weird anime
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 10:52   Link #267
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
I can't exactly say she "moved on with her life" considering anything Maou related is absolutely not solved outside of her route.
Who knows, maybe she and Maou forgive each other and got married

But sillyness aside, it appear she didn't end up dead (At least in Tubaski's ending), and has a life of her own, so it works.
Old 2013-06-24, 10:58   Link #268
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Then, every other heroine bad ends "work" as well by your definition, since they still have their "life of their own".
I can't consider something "works" when the said character is actually stuck with their predicament ad eternam. Dying isn't exactly a requirement for a bad end, and sometimes it is actually better than what some VN character might endure in some scenarios.
Old 2013-06-24, 11:08   Link #269
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Then, every other heroine bad ends "work" as well by your definition, since they still have their "life of their own".
I can't consider something "works" when the said character is actually stuck with their predicament ad eternam. Dying isn't exactly a requirement for a bad end, and sometimes it is actually better than what some VN character might endure in some scenarios.
I just find it interesting at the end, where the three girls meet Azai, and he comment to himself in another life he would had done a better job to take care of them, and non of this would happened (remember, in order to get Haru's ending he would have to abandon the first three girls like a heartless bastard when they need him the most)

I personally find it the most awful part of the story =/, I personally think it would be better if the story branch three ways then Haru, rather than T->K->S->H order.
Old 2013-06-24, 11:31   Link #270
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, the side heroines issues emerge if you reach their routes. If you remain on the main route, most of their predicament wouldn't occur (save some points, such like Mizuha/Yuki and Kanon and her mother to a certain extent).
Bear in mind that a lot of what's going on with the side heroines do -not- occur if you remain on the main route anyway.

And this type of storytelling is actually the most logical due to the setup with Maou. A branching right from the get go with Haru at the end of it regardless of the former would be pretty bad, due to how poorly the side heroine would be implemented for Haru's route. In fact, no matter how you look at it, it would be shoehorned.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:26   Link #271
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Which is why I think it needs an extra route or re-telling in a new version or something.
Pretty much every VN has its shares of plotholes, like Ever17.
Old 2013-06-25, 22:29   Link #272
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I just finished Kanon't route....

Spoiler for Spoiler on Kanon ending:
Old 2015-07-04, 21:32   Link #273
MCAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2qB...ature=youtu.be

So apparently Sekai Project is releasing G-Senjou no Maou.

Sharin no Kuni when?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 21:39   Link #274
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Sekai project <3

First narcissu and now g senjou. F yea.
And yes sharin no kuni when.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 21:46   Link #275
MCAL

From what I'm reading Sharin no Kuni has a pretty good chance and then maybe other Akabei Soft titles. Have wanted to play a few of them....
Old 2015-07-07, 03:49   Link #276
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I wonder how they are going to handle the "censoring" of H-scenes. We may get a certain plot hole...
Old 2015-07-07, 16:03   Link #277
MCAL

Well removing the sex scenes does not necessarily mean removing the sex. Not everybody is Moenovel. Or technically, Not everybody has to be Moenovel.

I'm perfectly fine with giving Sekai Project the benefit of the doubt until they release the game. Way to early to start vilifying them as I have already seen elsewhere. (Not that you're doing that GreyZone)

At least Sharin no Kuni already has a All-Ages version, so no worry there.

Last edited by MCAL; 2015-07-07 at 16:16.
Old 2015-07-13, 19:35   Link #278
Jaden

I liked Sharin a lot more than this, but I think that's just because I read it first. The characters are really similar in both VNs, so I got a little tired of them when reading Maou.
Old 2015-07-30, 03:27   Link #279
WMeteo

Just finished this. Easily one of my top 3-4 VNs. I think it was in every way better than Sharin no Kuni. I completely lost it when
Spoiler for true ending:

One thing that didn't make sense for me though
Spoiler for discussion:
WMeteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 05:44   Link #280
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMeteo View Post
Just finished this. Easily one of my top 3-4 VNs. I think it was in every way better than Sharin no Kuni. I completely lost it when
Spoiler for true ending:

One thing that didn't make sense for me though
Spoiler for discussion:
I heard the author said that Haru's route take place in different universe where the plot twist is..well, like that. Dunno if it's legit source or not but it's really easier to think of the whole game like that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote