AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-01, 22:10   Link #41
Zippy-DSM

Send a message via ICQ to Zippy-DSM Send a message via AIM to Zippy-DSM Send a message via Yahoo to Zippy-DSM
what are the names of the opening and ending songs?
and mabye that song that pops in now and then thru some of the eps....mmm and did anyone sub the songs that are init not the opening/ending

Last edited by Zippy-DSM; 2004-01-02 at 14:38.
Old 2004-01-01, 22:41   Link #42
IPv6
blastos.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
I like .Hack//Sign but I feel it would have been better as a 13 part series or AS should have shown it on weeknights. It moves too slow to be seen once a week. At least when i had the fansubs I could sit and watch the whole thing. But rewatching it on Adult Swim was aggravatingly slow.

Avenger I like because as the series moves on you start seeing why Layla acts like she does and you start seeing more of her personality. SHe was hard to figure out at first but by the end of the series I like her.

And Speedy I thought was unnecessary at first but now I understand his purpose and he is necessary.

And I like how the story unfolds a little each week so by the end you know whats going on.
I agree that when they reveal more of layla's personality, it got a bit more interesting. Probably the only thing that makes me keep downloading this anime is NEI. I want to know about her, she goes from a supposively doll to human and her eyes and hair changes as well. It is now pink as it was blonde before.
Old 2004-01-02, 15:57   Link #43
ArcHawk
Expand your world...

Something interesting I just realized...Avenger has many similarities to Iria.

Layla is like a more consistantly pissed off version of Iria. Similar hair colors and styles.

The hand-held combat weapons and style she uses is eerily similar to Gren's when he's fighting Zeiram.

The blonde haired fighter whom Layla beat and is still observing her from time to time appears almost exactly like Gren himself.

Volk is a big, practically unpenetrable opponent with raw power and thus when Layla fights him, I'm reminded of when Iria fights Zeiram.

Of course, there are so many anime out there that coincidences are bound to occur...but having just rewatched Iria...its kinda creepy how much of the character style the two shows share.
Old 2004-01-03, 12:13   Link #44
Jump

Way. Too. Many. Eyeshots.

I bet there is over 30 minutes worth of eyeshots in the 12 episodes so far.
Old 2004-01-03, 19:50   Link #45
Pandora
Poisoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy-DSM
what are the names of the opening and ending songs?
and mabye that song that pops in now and then thru some of the eps....mmm and did anyone sub the songs that are init not the opening/ending
The OP song is "Gesshouku Grand Guignol". The ED song is "Mirai no Ivu (Eve)". I like "Jigoku no Kisetsu" myself.
Old 2004-01-03, 20:14   Link #46
guynextdoor
arcueid !! ^^

i read the first page and thought that i was the only one who didnt like avenger around here. thankfully im not, but i still dont like it, i dont know why
Old 2004-01-12, 14:18   Link #47
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

some people just don't know good anime when they see it. People are complaining about the music? it's a little different but very beautiful- I listen to the OST all the time. The action choreography is incredible and the characters (atleast near the end of the series) are intriguing. I'll admit that the series took a while to take off, but it is otherwise a top notch series!
Old 2004-01-12, 16:33   Link #48
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
some people just don't know good anime when they see it. People are complaining about the music? it's a little different but very beautiful- I listen to the OST all the time. The action choreography is incredible and the characters (atleast near the end of the series) are intriguing. I'll admit that the series took a while to take off, but it is otherwise a top notch series!

Amen to that!
Old 2004-01-12, 17:51   Link #49
brightman
Ancient Member

I don't know... People seem to be "bored" because of the directing techniques (like those eyeshots)... I however find it interesting. It's something that's not often done in anime after all.

That's why people are such hypocrites... They complain when an anime is not original enough but when the shows do something new and different (the unorthodox background music included) they just keep complaining.
Old 2004-01-12, 17:54   Link #50
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Very true, the music is beautiful. It's sooo much like Noir music.

The eye shots are longer than needed at times, but hey it certainly gives the show a special tone and mood.

I can't wait to see the last episode. >< Why won't it come out?!
Old 2004-01-12, 18:57   Link #51
linuxguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I can't wait to see the last episode. >< Why won't it come out?!
The fansubbers can't work on episodes that haven't been broadcast yet. It looks like episode 13 will shown this Thursday so the end is in sight. I'm waiting to see what happens to Nei.
Old 2004-01-12, 19:17   Link #52
7thMethuselah

I've seen a couple of episodes of avenger now and my first impression is this

Animation : beautiful sceneries and well drawn characters
Story : too early to tell, there isn't much going on so far, hoping it get's cleare up later on
Music : a real DISASTER : the music itself is not that bad (not great either) but it is completely out of place. Playing violins during battle scenes? For me the music in the anime really screws the atmophere created by the animation (that's why I watch avenger with sounds as low as possible, otherwise it gets annoying)
Characters : again a bit too early to tell (not seen many episodes yet) but so far it looks like there's more to the characters that that which is shown on the surface

So I will continue to watch hoping the story gets more clear (and the music gets less annoying), for now it looks like an average anime to me, not bad but not great either...
Old 2004-01-22, 02:27   Link #53
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Avenger 13 - final *Spoilers*

Ok WTF I thought Avenger was at least 24-26 episodes long why only 13, this was a big surprise for me. I'm really pissed.

As for the final episode, all I can say is WTF. She defeats Volk then just leaves everyone behind including her beloved Nei. I'm so f****** disappointed. Also what about the future of Mars, isn't the Red moon about to collide with it, what about that. So many loose ends here. Oh yeah Layla laughs for the first time, that was shocking. WTH was that about, lol maybe I should watch the whole episode again or maybe not.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2004-01-22 at 03:40.
Old 2004-01-22, 02:54   Link #54
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
We all know it is a 13 episode anime though...

As for what I think about the episode. I have to watch it to see.
Old 2004-01-22, 03:10   Link #55
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
We all know it is a 13 episode anime though...
Well actually I didn't know at all. Thats why it was such an huge shock for me.
Old 2004-01-22, 03:13   Link #56
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Yeah that ending sucked. I like the series but chalk another one up to bad writing or incomplete creative ideas. Ohh well, at least its over so I wouldn't have to be dragged around more of a crappy story, well ending.
Old 2004-01-22, 05:58   Link #57
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Well actually I didn't know at all. Thats why it was such an huge shock for me.
Well, when you like an anime it's a good idea to look up how many episodes there are going to be, to avoid being disapointed.
(Something you found out the hard way...)
Old 2004-01-22, 06:20   Link #58
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I quit watching it 15 min into it. It was that bad. For someone who watches almost everything... WTF is an understatement. No wonder SAi-Cg, etc took a long time to FS it. They probably could not watch it far enough to complete it. It was too painful.
________
ZR550B

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 10:59.
Old 2004-01-22, 09:31   Link #59
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah what the heck is that? Does Nei being multigendered freak Layla so much that she laughed or something? I have no idea....

EDIT: OK, watch the latter half of the episode again... I guess why Layla reacted like that was because of the revelation that all the problems that the people have were supposedly all her fault... (how did that happen though?) And I guess with Nei being the savior she didn't want to be there anymore or something... But still it's a mess (though I can't decide if we're supposed to figure out a meaning to this ending or if the ending is just BAD).

Last edited by brightman; 2004-01-22 at 09:46.
Old 2004-01-22, 11:14   Link #60
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Well, when you like an anime it's a good idea to look up how many episodes there are going to be, to avoid being disapointed.
(Something you found out the hard way...)
I usually check animenfo.com for how many episodes a series im watching has but the # of episodes info wasn't available for this particular series.