AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 35 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 33.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.68%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-18, 13:10   Link #281
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
And I don't want her to die
as always, famous last words.

still, seems more like Cornelia has been undergoing the "likeability buildup" than Euphie.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 13:12   Link #282
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18
The best part about this show is it's hard to predict what will happen next. Will Euphemia tell Cornelia abut Zero is their long lost brother to get her reluctant cooperation? Will Cornella believe her? Will she tell Suzaku?
The problem with it being difficult to predict is due mainly to random occurences, ie. Chinese federation invading or Euphemia declaring this Special Zone. Without the previews of episodes or even the titles ahead of time from magazines, it's really difficult to predict what will happen even say 2 episodes prior. And chances are the episodes turn out exactly the way everyone expects, or completely opposite.

Quote:
How much control Zero can have over the Black Knights, when the fact that he is a Britannian prince become public? Many will leave if he can't give them a good story.
As Skyfall said, he's already declared himself non-Japanese. He'll have even more control over them after the catastrophe in the next episode.

Quote:
Sayoko is also a big variable. How much does she know about Lulu's real identy, like being a prince?
Sayoko knows Lelouch and Nunnally are part of the royal family. What she doesn't know (yet) is that Lelouch is Zero, or so I believe. She's definitely a factor, but how major depends on what her real intentions are. She could be spying for the Diethard because she was ordered to (remember Villeta and how she had a vague memory that it was a student from the Academy who she saw at the scene of the incident? They ordered someone to look into the students, and I'd have to believe that was Sayoko).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 13:21   Link #283
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Taniguchi doesn't even give second thoughts about killing off popular characters towards the end of the series.
We've all seen it through how he ruthlessly killed off characters in Scryed and Gun x Sword.

So brace yourself if you like certain characters... no one (other than the ones confirmed in the spoilers to be in the second series) is safe.
Old 2007-03-18, 13:34   Link #284
Juvyniled

Lelouch and Suzaku would likely survive.... at the least the latter would until a new antagonist appears. C.C. should survive (though she can't die can she? ) considering that Geass is still a mystery. And all the other characters who are seemingly important yet haven't been introduced well to us yet are definitely going to survive (ie. Kaguya or V.V.), or else it'd be really pointless. And anyone who has been introduced, but we haven't gotten to understand their backgrounds well enough yet (ie. Cecile, Lloyd, Laksharta, etc.) Everyone else is expendable in my opinion.
Old 2007-03-18, 13:36   Link #285
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Taniguchi doesn't even give second thoughts about killing off popular characters towards the end of the series.
We've all seen it through how he ruthlessly killed off characters in Scryed and Gun x Sword.

So brace yourself if you like certain characters... no one (other than the ones confirmed in the spoilers to be in the second series) is safe.
lol at the whole "boulder" scene at the end of GunxSword.

I'm going to cry if they kill Rivalz though. I mean just look at this episode, his ganymede introduction was completely awesome: bungee jumping off giant ovens, talking crazy. how can they kill someone like that? ;_;
Old 2007-03-18, 13:43   Link #286
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay
I'm going to cry if they kill Rivalz though. I mean just look at this episode, his ganymede introduction was completely awesome: bungee jumping off giant ovens, talking crazy. how can they kill someone like that? ;_;
Because he's a nuisance

I wouldn't mind seeing a frame step on him.
Old 2007-03-18, 13:49   Link #287
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Because he's a nuisance

I wouldn't mind seeing a frame step on him.
;__;

still, how can someone who has absolutely no involvement in the plot be a nuisance?
Old 2007-03-18, 13:49   Link #288
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Lelouch and Suzaku would likely survive.... at the least the latter would until a new antagonist appears. C.C. should survive (though she can't die can she? ) considering that Geass is still a mystery. And all the other characters who are seemingly important yet haven't been introduced well to us yet are definitely going to survive (ie. Kaguya or V.V.), or else it'd be really pointless. And anyone who has been introduced, but we haven't gotten to understand their backgrounds well enough yet (ie. Cecile, Lloyd, Laksharta, etc.) Everyone else is expendable in my opinion.
Ah, but wait.
They don't necessary have to introduce a new antagonist before they get rid of the current one.
The rule of shonen manga is: you take out the current antagonist, and the new one shows up.

Meaning, they could easily kill off Suzaku at the end of this series.
Then introduce a new one when the new series starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
;__;

still, how can someone who has absolutely no involvement in the plot be a nuisance?
To me, Rivalz doesn't add or detract anything from, well, anything.
The real nuisance is Tamaki, of course... but I have the feeling he's here to stay.
A character role like the one he holds is unique annoyance, and there's no current replacement.

Besides, every organization has to have the token annoying idiot.
Old 2007-03-18, 13:56   Link #289
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
I suppose, but then they'd really just have to jump into it without any prior lead-in.

Rivalz doesn't contribute to the plot so he's really only there as an extra character to like/dislike. He's always squealing and so damn playful, and his voice is rather annoying

Of course Tamaki is a nuisance and he should've been dead long long ago. But I guess he's there simply to criticize everything.
Old 2007-03-18, 13:59   Link #290
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
To me, Rivalz doesn't add or detract anything from, well, anything.
The real nuisance is Tamaki, of course... but I have the feeling he's here to stay.
A character role like the one he holds is unique annoyance, and there's no current replacement.

Besides, every organization has to have the token annoying idiot.
I think that's the real beauty of rivalz: he really doesn't do anything to add or detract from anything in the show. he's the ultimate evolution of the generic background character. (actually...now that I think on it, Arthur the cat has had a bigger role in the plot than rivalz. 0_o )

as for Tamaki, he'll probably be useful for minor foil or main character realization purposes in season 2. it's fine to leave him there for later use. :3
Old 2007-03-18, 14:00   Link #291
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
im just thinking...how many more (if any) antagonists are gonna rear their ugly head in S2...right now we have a few that havent been fully explained yet and still waiting to see if there is an expansion to the "to kill list" ~ suzaku wont be dying any time soon otherwise the wait for S2 will be even more painful (still im feeling that the end of S1 would be a massive cliff hanger) and well we can pretty much write orange kun of the list after he comes back out again...being a pure villain isnt going to do him any good

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 14:10   Link #292
Juvyniled

These are only the initial confrontations to establish character, plot, character relationships, goals, etc. We have yet to see or rather understand the key subject - Geass. How does it play into this whole ordeal and how will it affect the result? We've only been introduced to it as a supernatural power, but not its origins or purpose. And they've really saved it up for the second season. There are many villains all over the place, but it is the true mastermind behind it all that we want to see.
Old 2007-03-18, 14:29   Link #293
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
These are only the initial confrontations to establish character, plot, character relationships, goals, etc. We have yet to see or rather understand the key subject - Geass. How does it play into this whole ordeal and how will it affect the result? We've only been introduced to it as a supernatural power, but not its origins or purpose. And they've really saved it up for the second season. There are many villains all over the place, but it is the true mastermind behind it all that we want to see.
true, little explanation has been given. it's more of an endgame thing though, so we really don't have any other choice than to sit and wait :\ (if we're lucky, they'll give us something at the end of this season)

but still, they've been dropping us lots of small particulars on the geass plotline every few episodes (CC's vision, Mao, V.V., bartley's project, the 'mental elevator', so on and so forth). of course then there's episodes like this week where nothing happens in the Geass plot thread and CC just wants to eat pizza....
Old 2007-03-18, 14:52   Link #294
Kisuke06
I see...

Another great episode.

In the end of the episode Euphie was so happy talking about the new Japanese area, but for Lelouch that was like a stab in the back. lol

And poor C.C., even I was sad after seeing her face when she saw the pizza in the tree. XD
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 15:28   Link #295
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Another great episode.

In the end of the episode Euphie was so happy talking about the new Japanese area, but for Lelouch that was like a stab in the back. lol

And poor C.C., even I was sad after seeing her face when she saw the pizza in the tree. XD
Yeah, suddenly I fear for Suzaku's safety. He did throw the pizza away which ended in its destruction. Incredible really in such a crazy situation the most important thing in the world to C.C. is pizza. They've done a great job getting her hooked, she must be good for business.

The slight change in Suzaku we got to see in this episode seems to be positive in that he isn't completely binding himself within the 'rules'. Even if talking to Kallen won't accomplish anything. Maybe it's a positive effect of the 'live' command that forced him to disregard the rules. At the very least it prevented a brawl from breaking out in the school and considering how that went for Kallen before it might be a good thing.

But really a strange situation. I half-expected a light hearted crazy episode, but it ended in a really serious situation. I understand what Euphie was trying to accomplish. If everything went alright you'd have some Japanese happy that at least something is going their way and it'd give hope for more equality in the future. For the Britannians it would cut the legs out of Zero's movement. While extremists would continue to want to fight the moderates would lose their fighting spirit and things may calm down.

Would have been a good plan if Lelouch's goals were simply more equality for Japanese. However his plans go to destroying Britannia and this ruins his plans. Though I can't really fault Euphie for not being a psychic. Her impulsive nature is finally going to hurt her badly this time. Schniezel has done a great job manipulating the situation. Gives Euphie the go ahead and says he'll talk to Cornelia and smooth things over. Then he gets on Cornelia's good side while Euphie has probably been annoying her sister a bit by her recent actions.

It's sad that while Euphie has all these good intentions outside forces like Schniezel and Lelouch's ambitions are going to create a bad situation in which Euphie takes the heat. Just hope Lelouch doesn't do something that he will or ought to regret doing. Adding in that if he does do something terrible to Euphemia , Suzaku will do whatever he can to take Zero down. The next few episodes are shaping up to be very big.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-03-18 at 15:47.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 15:46   Link #296
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
Adding in that if he does do something terrible to Euphemia , Suzaku will do whatever he can to take Zero down.
Spoiler:

And I'm glad Lelouch is returning to his character. He's been softening up lately.
Old 2007-03-18, 18:06   Link #297
wuabel

Quote:

And I'm glad Lelouch is returning to his character. He's been softening up lately.
I agree.

Also, we should start thinking about Schniezel. what is his goal? Why is he trying to manipulate Corneilla and Euphie? What is his involvement so far? He is like our Lulu on the other side of the story who we dont have access to his mental thinking and much of his activity. Very interesting

Speculated Death List at the end of epi 25:

Orange-Kun
Ougi or Vielitta
Coreilla or Euphie
wuabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 18:35   Link #298
Juvyniled

The death list could likely be empty as well :/
Old 2007-03-18, 18:47   Link #299
wuabel

hope not
wuabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 19:48   Link #300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Speaking of 'end of epi 25'

I'm guessing the highlight would be

Granstone knights vs Shiseiken
( Why do you think there's 5 of them )

Lancelot (Suzaku, Llyod) vs Guren Mk. II (Kallen, Laksharta)
(For both the creators and their pilots)

Lelouch (in Gawain) vs Schneizel (in Avalon)
(1 last mind battle for the season!)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote