AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-30, 15:57   Link #30981
J the Drafter

I've got an idea for a Justice League Unlimited/Nanoha StrikerS crossover. Members of the Justice League and Enforcers from the Time-Space Administration Bureau both find an orphaned, homeless little girl with amazing magical potential. Both groups want to protect and care for the child, but the TSAB plan to encourage her adolescent enlistment into their government's military. The Justice League, upon finding out about this, decide to do whatever it takes to keep the girl out of the Bureau's hands, though the only thing the Enforcers who found girl know is that menacing, violent strangers just kidnapped someone they planned to protect and raise as a typical adolescent Mid-Childan magical prodigy. With strong writing skills and a firm grasp of the characters' personalities I imagine you could have some fascinating arguing and ruminating being done by the characters. What would Flash, a person who spends time working at an orphanage, have to say about Caro and Erio being allowed and encouraged to put themselves in dangerous situations? (Poor writing, obviously, would make the Bureau out to be baby-eating savages and nothing more complicated, but that's a problem with the execution, not the plot.) I don't see much trouble balancing the different sides' power levels. You can always give the weaker team more numbers to even things up if nothing better seems convincing. I can imagine a few ways the Justice League would find out about what the TSAB plan to do, though I didn't have any one scenario in mind when I put this idea down. Thoughts?
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 16:26   Link #30982
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

The Nanoha cast would win so bad no matter what....
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 16:37   Link #30983
Justin_Brett

Justice League has some overpowered dudes in it, though, not to mention they have ties to the Green Lantern Corp, essentially an interplanetary army.

Assuming this turns into something big like that, which doesn't seem likely given both sides have level-headed people.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 16:43   Link #30984
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
LOL this had me grinning ear to ear all the way through. Poor Vi - hey you know what? This is fluff territory but you still made your characters suffer

I did, however, do a double take when Vi was moping to Lutecia and Lu offered to help XD

All the best for the final exam!
Hahaha, well, it's me after all! I did want to try and approach the age-gap relationship in a different way, and the only idea that really struck at me was this one ^^. But I tried to keep it light-hearted enough so that hopefully it didn't get so serious that the crack pairing crumbled under the plot!

*Snicker* Well, ViCia is quite prominent on AS .

Thank you, but it didn't go terribly well . I probably should have spent more time studying instead of writing fanfic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Yes, you posted it!

I like how you approach the issue from the angle of the crush never being taken seriously; it's something new that I've never seen brought up before when it comes to couples with massive age differences between them, and it made poor Vivio much more sympathetic since she was pretty much the only one who knew she was serious about her feelings, even as a teenager.

I also very much like how it ends; you have enough small, subtle hints on Hayate's side to come to your own conclusion of how she feels, and it's so open-ended that it's easy to imagine for yourself what happened after the end.
The quick speed at which I was able to post was your doing . Saved me a lot of editing!

And the worst part is, even Vivio is afraid that her feelings aren't that serious, since everyone around her keeps telling her so.

Part of me was also chickening out of having to write a real resolution to it all , but yes, I wanted this piece to stand alone as Vivio's struggle over asserting her feelings, so it seemed like a good place to end.

Quote:

Unless you write a sequel, obviously.
I see what you're doing there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... dammit, DC, it's bad enough that I already have a cavity, are you trying to give me more?
LOL, oddly enough, I seem to do that to you often, eh? XD Despite my reputation for being a tragedy-writer! I'm glad that I seemed to have won over your sympathy for Vivio here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Awww, so very cute, and fluffy! Well, sort of fluffy, since Vivio is going through frustration and heartache the whole time, but it's leavened with humor so you don't start really feeling for her until nearly the end (actually, around the time she loses her temper). And as RB said, there's just enough hesitation on Hayate's part so that you can imagine she's aware of Vivio's feelings and...waiting to see.
The fluff part was the hardest to write . No, seriously . I wanted to keep it a little bit crack-y, but yet still get across deeper messages and all. (I even had to resort to "generating weird ideas while showering" method of coming up with things to say for the humourous moments--which is where the bacholerette auction came from ). I'm glad the slight mood shift at the end did show through ^^.

....I really must resist getting side-tracked from all my other stories .....but it's so hard to resist wanting to give poor Vivio some kind of resolution!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
I've got an idea for a Justice League Unlimited/Nanoha StrikerS crossover. Members of the Justice League and Enforcers from the Time-Space Administration Bureau both find an orphaned, homeless little girl with amazing magical potential. Both groups want to protect and care for the child, but the TSAB plan to encourage her adolescent enlistment into their government's military. The Justice League, upon finding out about this, decide to do whatever it takes to keep the girl out of the Bureau's hands, though the only thing the Enforcers who found girl know is that menacing, violent strangers just kidnapped someone they planned to protect and raise as a typical adolescent Mid-Childan magical prodigy. With strong writing skills and a firm grasp of the characters' personalities I imagine you could have some fascinating arguing and ruminating being done by the characters. What would Flash, a person who spends time working at an orphanage, have to say about Caro and Erio being allowed and encouraged to put themselves in dangerous situations? (Poor writing, obviously, would make the Bureau out to be baby-eating savages and nothing more complicated, but that's a problem with the execution, not the plot.) I don't see much trouble balancing the different sides' power levels. You can always give the weaker team more numbers to even things up if nothing better seems convincing. I can imagine a few ways the Justice League would find out about what the TSAB plan to do, though I didn't have any one scenario in mind when I put this idea down. Thoughts?
This does sound like an interesting idea--it's always intriguing to see stories of Good Versus Good. I imagine there would need to be something in the plot that pushes things along (say, citizenship issues, public opinion pressure, or the child's powers needing urgent instruction to keep under control, etc) to prevent things from petering out to a solution where both sides simply work together in the child's best interest, or take their time investigating the other organization and such. But it does sound like a neat conflict.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 17:12   Link #30985
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, talking to someone on AIM gave me a heck of a plot bunny.

Spoiler for Her Lament:
I have to wonder just how big a family Hayate wanted Such news is never easy regardless, but it's good to know she has a strong support system. Nice short
Old 2011-05-30, 18:11   Link #30986
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Sometimes, you have to stop fiddling and just post. Although most of the delay is due to replaying Dragon Warrior/Quest games 1 thru 8, heh.

Future Tense
Chapter 36: Before I Sleep

In which Nanoha and her friends find freedom... or death.

Previous chapters can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 36: Before I Sleep:

Copious Author's Notes to follow in a separate post. Reminder for any comments to be please have spoiler tags.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2011-05-30 at 20:58.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 18:18   Link #30987
Kaijo
Banned

Spoiler for Copious Author's notes and thoughts on the Final Chapter and Future Tense in general:
Old 2011-05-30, 18:44   Link #30988
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... better. Much better, after that total mindfuck you gave us in the last chapter.
Old 2011-05-30, 18:51   Link #30989
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Spoiler for Last Chapter of Future Tense:

Edit: I just remembered something.

Spoiler:

Last edited by SilentOutlaw; 2011-05-30 at 19:07.
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 19:16   Link #30990
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I liked it.

Spoiler for Special thoughts:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 19:42   Link #30991
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

The end. No moral!

Spoiler for I kid, I kid:
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 21:03   Link #30992
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Sometimes, you have to stop fiddling and just post. Although most of the delay is due to replaying Dragon Warrior/Quest games 1 thru 8, heh.

Future Tense
Chapter 36: Before I Sleep

In which Nanoha and her friends find freedom... or death.

Previous chapters can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 36: Before I Sleep:

Copious Author's Notes to follow in a separate post. Reminder for any comments to be please have spoiler tags.
Last batch of corrections in quote.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Well, I do have a new chapter of Materials no Jikan ready but I guess I'll hold off on it since everyone will focus on this.
Old 2011-05-30, 21:05   Link #30993
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I see what you're doing there!
You were supposed to.
Old 2011-05-30, 21:09   Link #30994
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, I do have a new chapter of Materials no Jikan ready but I guess I'll hold off on it since everyone will focus on this.
Materials no Jikan?! WHERE?!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 21:19   Link #30995
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Materials no Jikan?! WHERE?!
On my hard drive =/
Old 2011-05-30, 23:18   Link #30996
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
You were supposed to.
Yes, and I obey!

You Never Lose By Loving is now posted on FF.net...so that I can post this companion piece here .

Spoiler for Lose By Holding Back:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Old 2011-05-30, 23:23   Link #30997
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Yes, and I obey!

You Never Lose By Loving is now posted on FF.net...so that I can post this companion piece here .

Spoiler for Lose By Holding Back:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Oh hey, there's that stabbing sensation of a twisting knife that was missing from Vivio's side.
Old 2011-05-30, 23:30   Link #30998
Kaijo
Banned

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Spoiler for Future Tense response:
Old 2011-05-30, 23:32   Link #30999
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well, you know what I want to see.
Old 2011-05-30, 23:34   Link #31000
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh hey, there's that stabbing sensation of a twisting knife that was missing from Vivio's side.
*Bursts out laughing*

Er, that might be an inappropriate response . But I did laugh . RD, you say the most awesome things sometimes ....

Hm, well, hopefully I wrote it right and left enough hints to show that it might not be as bad for poor Vivio as it might sound?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha