AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 15:34   Link #5201
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Power Sword? I kind of catch what you're refering with Power Fist but..
Warhammer 40K reference, a power sword (and most power weapons in general) is weapon that is sheathed in a field of energy which disrupts solid matter, allowing the weapon to easily tear through armour. Like this.

Which reminds me, Vita needs a thunder hammer.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:16   Link #5202
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Chainswords are fun, but given that this is Signum we're talking about. Try Power Sword, with a Power Fist for clocking Teana again.
A chainsword would be great for sawing off Cypha's arms again. A Power Sword would do that job way too quickly for satisfaction. ^^

...what? A guy can dream, can't he?

Also, poor Tea will never live it down, apparently. :3
Old 2012-01-07, 16:25   Link #5203
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
No, Signum needs Magna sword. Not sure I have a proper image or description of it, but its a Celestial blade wielded by Angel refugees in the war against the phyrexians (Mtg)

I guess the catch is, she sorta of has a glowing flaming sword that would otherwise cut through anything.

Edit: I forgot this angel wields one, its more powerful than the original ones, of course.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:40   Link #5204
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

How about a Doom Blade then?
Old 2012-01-07, 21:49   Link #5205
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Eek bad joke

Spoiler for explanation:

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2012-01-10, 01:21   Link #5206
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
No, Signum needs Magna sword. Not sure I have a proper image or description of it, but its a Celestial blade wielded by Angel refugees in the war against the phyrexians (Mtg)

I guess the catch is, she sorta of has a glowing flaming sword that would otherwise cut through anything.
I like this one, it fits the comparission people has make of Signum with Archangel Michael. It could be cool if said sword have an origin more akin to magic than science-y stuff xD!

Also, from the GOD thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
If I'm not wrong, Signum is the front-line attacker, Vita is the all rounder, Shamal is the tactician and healer and Zaffy is the shield right? So maybe he can take more hits than the others.

Speaking of Zaffy, anyone knows what he is doing in Force? I think I miss out that part.
I always tought Vita was the toughest member of the Wolkenritter, her endurance and resillence seems to be superior than most other characters.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 01:33   Link #5207
LostSome

I thought Vita was all about breaking shields, defenses and any other protections you can imagine.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 01:36   Link #5208
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I thought Vita was all about breaking shields, defenses and any other protections you can imagine.
Yes, but she also lacks dodging abilities and is usually one of the characters who receives the most punishment during battles yet she usually manage to withstand and fight with considerable strenght and power. Kind of a berserker.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 02:06   Link #5209
LostSome

Someone called Erio a "fragile speedster" in the GoD thread...
Is that still true in Force ?
I don`t see Dragon Knights as such, but... I guess my idea what a dragon knight is might be different in Nanoha. : k

Until I actually see someone not being one-shot by Curren, I am not calling someone fragile on that alone.
Old 2012-01-10, 02:10   Link #5210
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Its true because of force, but i don't think he had a fair match up

Old 2012-01-10, 02:20   Link #5211
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Until I actually see someone not being one-shot by Curren, I am not calling someone fragile on that alone.
There's two ways to define this until official info clarfies this:

1) The pages of Curren's book have the specific power to take down anyone in one swing.

2) They're an attack strong enough to take down even a super-tough warrior like Vita and thus, being able to take down someone more fragile like Erio can be practically taken for granted.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 02:29   Link #5212
LostSome

Or the name Mage Slayer is not just for show...
Critical damage on magic users !
Old 2012-01-10, 02:29   Link #5213
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Well rule of cool and a general surprise too

Old 2012-01-10, 02:43   Link #5214
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Or the name Mage Slayer is not just for show...
Critical damage on magic users !
Now that you mentioned this i come to realize something: We already argumented about why on earth the TSAB send mages to fight the "Mage Killers" while having Combat cyborgs perfectly capable of facing them. And then i remembered about Runessa Magnus and her Device that also doubles as a gun with very real bullets, it's mentioned that she accquired a special permission to carry such a weapon.

Assuming she's not the only agent allowed to do that considering how vast the TSAB is ....why they didn't called some of those special agents to be part of Section Six? certainly they at least have a slightly better fighting chance against an Eclipse Driver or at least Eclipse carriers. Or by that matter? Why they don't trained the mages of S6 in the use of hybrid devices like Silver Dagger and equpped them with some of those? If Signum is to be believed they were on the Huckebein's tail for quite some time by the start of the season.

One thing is being delayed by the developement of new weaponry but the TSAB already had people with weaponry adapted to face anti-magic yet they never made good use of those.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-01-10 at 03:01.
Old 2012-01-10, 02:59   Link #5215
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Unlike humans, drones don't argue... it's: Shoot first until incapacitated, then ask questions later.
Old 2012-01-10, 03:13   Link #5216
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Yeah if they are truly killers, they are too light handed with them. At some point, Hayate looks like an idiot (even if her hands are tied, having to use what she has at hand)

Old 2012-01-10, 05:28   Link #5217
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I always tought Vita was the toughest member of the Wolkenritter, her endurance and resillence seems to be superior than most other characters.
An illusion created by her position as front attacker in StrikerS and it's shafting of Zafira.

Remember that Zafira is called the guardian beast, and he actually takes on the guarding role on several occasions in A's, casting the biggest barrier we've ever seen when facing Chrono.
Old 2012-01-10, 05:52   Link #5218
Meltyred

Quote:
Now that you mentioned this i come to realize something: We already argumented about why on earth the TSAB send mages to fight the "Mage Killers" while having Combat cyborgs perfectly capable of facing them. And then i remembered about Runessa Magnus and her Device that also doubles as a gun with very real bullets, it's mentioned that she accquired a special permission to carry such a weapon.

Assuming she's not the only agent allowed to do that considering how vast the TSAB is ....why they didn't called some of those special agents to be part of Section Six? certainly they at least have a slightly better fighting chance against an Eclipse Driver or at least Eclipse carriers. Or by that matter? Why they don't trained the mages of S6 in the use of hybrid devices like Silver Dagger and equpped them with some of those? If Signum is to be believed they were on the Huckebein's tail for quite some time by the start of the season.

One thing is being delayed by the developement of new weaponry but the TSAB already had people with weaponry adapted to face anti-magic yet they never made good use of those.
Subaru didn't fare that well, being a Combat Cyborg and all....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 05:56   Link #5219
rxrx

Relooking at the scene where Divide Zero Eclipse activated, I think the toughest is Erio whom can still hold on. The others including the Hukebein are all grounded and Fate's heart was even stopped.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 07:09   Link #5220
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
A chainsword would be great for sawing off Cypha's arms again. A Power Sword would do that job way too quickly for satisfaction. ^^
Stormbringer. That motherfcker EATS THE SOUL of those she hit, even from a mere scratch. And being eaten by Stormbringer IS getting subject to a fate worse than death.

Tags
manga, nanoha force