AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-01-13, 14:48   Link #141
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Personally I don't like the idea too much, but if you want to do it I think this is not the best place to make the poll, probably an external poll where everyone can take part of it would be better… Can you post links at fanfiction.net?

Saludos, Haru
FF.N will ban your account for things like that. and you can't post links there either. Not only that, you can't use "special characters" either. like my "~**~" for page breaks. or even anything else: @#$%^&*+ <- none of those work. If you have anything that would normally make an emoticon, it's filtered out as well. Animesuki is literally the only place I can poll. I'd also prefer a voting poll where you just click and hit submit. Maybe lurkers would vote more then. Unfortunetly, I don't have time to make a webpage for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Time to vote has come for me, so I choose too, because of the cuteness of the scene. And because Fate couldn't have possibly forget that the B-thing was in this drawer, it has to be hidden somewhere else, let's Nanoha found it latter ...
lol so you want Nanoha to find it later then? Do other people like that idea as well, or do you prefer her not to have one? Either way is good for me, I just like the funniness it can provide.

Edit x3: oh snap, page claim!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:02   Link #142
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
lol so you want Nanoha to find it later then? Do other people like that idea as well, or do you prefer her not to have one? Either way is good for me, I just like the funniness it can provide.
sounds like a possibility for double the fun, so yes, by all means do that.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:15   Link #143
BPHaru

Quote:
FF.N will ban your account for things like that. and you can't post links there either. Not only that, you can't use "special characters" either. like my "~**~" for page breaks. or even anything else: @#$%^&*+ <- none of those work. If you have anything that would normally make an emoticon, it's filtered out as well. Animesuki is literally the only place I can poll. I'd also prefer a voting poll where you just click and hit submit. Maybe lurkers would vote more then. Unfortunetly, I don't have time to make a webpage for that.
Well, then you can link the poll at your profile, and tell the people to vote there.
I'm sure that there are tons of pages to make free polls, I searched in Google and I found this one: http://snappoll.com/
You don't need to register, you only make the poll and the web gives you the link

Here's an example:
http://snappoll.com/poll/244331.php

Quote:
I don't like the idea, I think that it's OOC, I can’t see Fate-chan as the perv type, not even your Fate-chan
As I said before please try to don't sacrifice quality for fanservice.

Saludos, Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:40   Link #144
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Well, then you can link the poll at your profile, and tell the people to vote there.
I'm sure that there are tons of pages to make free polls, I searched in Google and I found this one: http://snappoll.com/
You don't need to register, you only make the poll and the web gives you the link

Here's an example:
http://snappoll.com/poll/244331.php

I don't like the idea, I think that it's OOC, I can’t see Fate-chan as the perv type, not even your Fate-chan
As I said before please try to don't sacrifice quality for fanservice.

Saludos, Haru
Ooh, that's nifty. I'm a little hesitant about linking a poll in my profile. Maybe I'll look into that. Thanks for the link on polls! I'll use them for sure for Lyrical days <3
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2008-01-13, 16:08   Link #145
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Voting B I guess.... Don't think Feito is that type, but It's cute regardless.
Old 2008-01-13, 16:30   Link #146
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

okay here, let's try this.

What does Nanoha find?
http://snappoll.com/poll/244346.php

Vote there it'll save spam on board too. Tho if you want to comment on your vote, don't hesitate!
Old 2008-01-13, 16:33   Link #147
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:

What does Nanoha find?

Vote there it'll save spam on board too. Tho if you want to comment on your vote, don't hesitate!
duly voted...
That works right up to the point where someone actually decides to play unfair, sad as it is.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 16:36   Link #148
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
duly voted...
That works right up to the point where someone actually decides to play unfair, sad as it is.
I trust everyone to play fair. Remember that you are saying your opinion, not forcing it by cheating. If the numbers look weird I'll stop using polls like this. But I don't think there will be a problem
Old 2008-01-13, 16:47   Link #149
BPHaru

Quote:

What does Nanoha find?

Well, then I'm voting A for cute again, I think the previous vote in the forum will not count now.

Quote:
I know how that site works, as well as using cookies the site also registers your ip, so you can’t vote two times from a same PC. This is the securest way to manage a poll, and all the sites are working using this method now, even if that means that the server will need a huge additional table in the Data Base with entries for every poll where the IPs will be stored.

Saludos, Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 19:01   Link #150
Yaya-chan
NHK desu.

Aaron008R I loved the Fate/Chrono interaction.
I'm not a Yuunoha fan but Hayate was great with her remarks. Omedetou.

About Saved by the bell.
It would be great if Fate thinks she has found that "item" but she gets the plushie instead.
So, I also voted for A.

Sorry for my bad english.
Yoroshiku.
Yaya-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 19:02   Link #151
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
lol, I'm debating if I want to make it Velvet or if I want to make it something "adult related" both are funny....VOTE TIME here's your chance to influence Saved by the Bell!

Spoiler for Nanoha finds a......:
Righto! Off to vote!!
Reiji Tabibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 20:09   Link #152
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Saved by the Bell VI
Status: Sorta done. Going to add journal entries as a bonus at end of chapter.
length:5.6k words without journal entry. Pending spell check.
ETA: Tomorrow. I don't want to rush this, as I may re-do one part.

voting closed, she found a beanie baby :3
Old 2008-01-13, 20:51   Link #153
Riddly
It can't be...

Just wanted to drop by and say again how much I'm enjoying Saved by the Bell. I'd honestly have to say it's my favorite fanfic by you. The romance isn't rushed at all, and I liked the fact you had it viewed by a third party as well.

Other than a few typos here and there, I can't think of much to add for a constructive review, and I apologize about that. I know some authors would rather hear about improvement to their work than constant praise.

As for the poll, I personally like the idea. It was fun to be able to influence your story in a small way. I do hope it stays to minor things though, as any major plot elements should be left to your own decision, but of course that's just my opinion.
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 20:55   Link #154
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddly View Post
Just wanted to drop by and say again how much I'm enjoying Saved by the Bell. I'd honestly have to say it's my favorite fanfic by you. The romance isn't rushed at all, and I liked the fact you had it viewed by a third party as well.

Other than a few typos here and there, I can't think of much to add for a constructive review, and I apologize about that. I know some authors would rather hear about improvement to their work than constant praise.

As for the poll, I personally like the idea. It was fun to be able to influence your story in a small way. I do hope it stays to minor things though, as any major plot elements should be left to your own decision, but of course that's just my opinion.
Oh yeah, polls would only be for small un important things. Like the one this time, I could have easily done one or the other but figured "eh, why not let them decide?"

I don't really mind what people say about my stories, just as long as they say something to let me know they enjoyed it or it could be improved. So don't hold back ^^ I don't need constant praise, but would prefer actually discussing it, what you thought at parts, ect.

Also, remember others like to hear things too. I actively reply but a lot of other authors don't have time to reply so many times a day, but I assure you, they still read what you say ^^
Old 2008-01-13, 23:19   Link #155
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Double post FTW!

Okay, so I lied.

Saved by the Bell VI
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3991951/6/

Enjoy

edit: once you read, check out This post for pictures of Saved by the Bell! (spoilers for chapter 6 so don't look at before you read)

Last edited by Satashi; 2008-01-13 at 23:37.
Old 2008-01-14, 00:15   Link #156
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
Double post FTW!

Okay, so I lied.

Saved by the Bell VI

Enjoy

edit: once you read, check out This post for pictures of Saved by the Bell! (spoilers for chapter 6 so don't look at before you read)
It's always a pleasant surprise to find an update of this right before sleeping.

This chapter was another fun little adventure to read. I personally liked how Nanoha and Hayate were in their barrier jackets, but in a real life setting. Too bad Fate wasn't able to join in the fun. Her new StrikerS barrier jacket is my favorite.

Nanoha's reaction to Fate was also realistic imo. It reminded me of when a childhood friend told me she was bi, back in high school. I honestly didn't know how to react, due to never expecting it, but realized it didn't change anything.

The diary entries at the bottom were also a nice bonus. I really enjoyed reading those, and hope to see more in the future.
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:17   Link #157
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Makes me wish I could draw....

I wouldn't mind drawing a sexy-looking Nanoha in lingerie a try if I had the skill -_-

Oh well, I can always imagine it in my head
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:34   Link #158
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ugyahhh! I might as well post the story now!

This story is my own continuation of StrikerS. As such, it has a slightly unhealthy dosage of OC's. But, I whipped up a simplified version of my OC's profile for easier reading.

The canon characters to be involved are:
Spoiler for CC's:

OC Cast:
Spoiler for OC's:

While not absolutely necessary, I heavily suggest that one should read Aurion's FF-universe simplified profile. Oh, and Tesla's and Keroko's as well. If not, the reader might become confused with why Aurion is known to the other Canon Characters here and why is there a fifth Wolkenritter.

Here I go!

Part 1...
Spoiler for MSLN: GenerationS: Chapter 1: Part 1:

As one can probably tell, a large part of the focus of this story (aside from the main OC plot) is on Hayate. After all the excessive shafting and utter humiliation () she received in StrikerS, I plan to give her some proper exposure and development here. (Of course, under reasonable bounds.) Part 2 to come at the next post since it can't fit. She's 21 years old here now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Part 2...

Spoiler for MGLN GenerationS: Chapter 1: Part 2:

While I expect some aversion to this fic due to the OC involvement, I'd appreciate what comments and criticisms I can get. Oh, and about that's last part, let's just say that Aurion really got close to Hayate after ten years.

Otou-san means 'Father'. Yes, yes. I'm crazy! XD XD XD

Nighty did say that he had the next part completed... But then, since one of the main storyboarders, An Hero in Disguise disappeared and never returned again...

But then, I guess it's maybe for the best... That story was filled to the brim with HAXX!

Yep! Up to now, nothing is yet to match Nighty's most EPIC!!! Saga of Saga story.
Good job there, mate . Please allow me to throw my two cents.

Generally a good start-off. The flow is slow, but then again you're introducing the readers to new characters and a rush job would certainly be confusing for people who are unaccquainted with the OCs. The introduction to Aurion's character is quite nicely done methinks. I like the way you (and Aurion) handled Hayate's post-J.S insecurities. Shake them well before showing them how to look at life positively .

I believe the pace would definitely quicken once the team reaches Duraxyll 2 (though the name of the planet sounds strangely similar to a certain brand of battery ).

However, like TK I believe the moonspeak can be reduced. To me it kinda disturbs the flow of the story and people whose command on moonspeak is not as strong would be lost as to what your characters are saying. I believe that you are trying to convey the exact feel of the characters with Japanese, and sometimes another language would leave the feeling to be lost in translation. But put it in another way, it could also be possible that exploring ways on how to convey the same feel via English could also open new ways to improve the flow as well.

Hope this is useful . In any case, keep 'em coming!

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 03:30   Link #159
Aaron008R

Quote:
Yes! Aurion has landed in the fanfic thread!
no, really, i ran into the guy accidentally when trying to find out more about nightys Saga, and Aurion instantly took on the mantle of "Best friggin character in nanohaverse!"
Wow......

Having my OC considered as a 'Best' character is one of the best ever complements I can get!

Thanks!

Quote:
Note how the two girls who visit him the most are also quick to act out any scene he puts up (the doppleganger with tesla, and the reprimanding teacher with hayate), i wonder if people with acting skills like him more than ones without...
That doppelganger part was not an act but rather Tesla's percieving him. And nah, he has a rather divided relations base...

Quote:
aww... does that mean that you won't be pursuing the 'caster' plot either?
Sadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya-chan View Post
Aaron008R I loved the Fate/Chrono interaction.
I'm not a Yuunoha fan but Hayate was great with her remarks. Omedetou. [
Thanks a lot! You're the first one to comment on that particular interaction from the two boards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Good job there, mate . Please allow me to throw my two cents.

Generally a good start-off. The flow is slow, but then again you're introducing the readers to new characters and a rush job would certainly be confusing for people who are unaccquainted with the OCs. The introduction to Aurion's character is quite nicely done methinks. I like the way you (and Aurion) handled Hayate's post-J.S insecurities. Shake them well before showing them how to look at life positively .
Thanks. Like I mentioned in this thread earlier, I love piecing together how characters' minds work. Though I'm getting kinda nervous once Fuyu gets to read them and points out some mistakes in my reasonings... She's the psychology student, not me...

Quote:
I believe the pace would definitely quicken once the team reaches Duraxyll 2 (though the name of the planet sounds strangely similar to a certain brand of battery ).
Actually, Duraxyll is a name of a mech from the Masoukishin Series of the Super Robot Taisen franchise...

Quote:
However, like TK I believe the moonspeak can be reduced. To me it kinda disturbs the flow of the story and people whose command on moonspeak is not as strong would be lost as to what your characters are saying. I believe that you are trying to convey the exact feel of the characters with Japanese, and sometimes another language would leave the feeling to be lost in translation. But put it in another way, it could also be possible that exploring ways on how to convey the same feel via English could also open new ways to improve the flow as well.
Duly noted. I'll do some edits and a small translation section for easier understanding. I guess I neglected this from my considerations. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
Hope this is useful . In any case, keep 'em coming!
It was very useful! Thanks a lot! Will get to work on it now!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-01-15 at 02:00.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:37   Link #160
Kirika-chan
Fate's fan

Quote:
Double post FTW!

Okay, so I lied.

Saved by the Bell VI

Enjoy

I like when you lied
And it was a good surprise this morning to read the chapter VI *___*
Spoiler for spoilers:

So, I'm waiting for the next (I hope is soon T.T)
And, really good job Satashi ^^
Kirika-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha