AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 13:14   Link #1061
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Having watched the sub, I couldn't help it but give this a 1/10. Several plot elements were conveniently forgotten, some issues weren't resolved. I'm not going to go over those since that's already been done, but they're still there.

The number one issue was Zero Requiem itself. It was nothing more than a simplistic suicide plan, which in the end turns out to be the easy way out for the protagonist and in no way makes him atone for his sins.

The only redeeming qualities this episode had were the fact that a select group of people realized what was happening, so that in their hearts he wasn't the monster he made himself appear. Despite this though, the end was unsatisfactory, rushed, a true train wreck.

There must be a follow up OVA or movie where this ending is expanded on, and the ambiguity is done away with. After all the shit Nunnaly, and Suzaku have gone through it's inconceivable that they receive such a train wreck of a conclusion. Nunnaly gets to understand her brother only to see him pass away in front of her. Why the fuck even restore her vision? Ah the cruelty!
I don't care anymore if his shitty plan was for the sake of the world and making his sister happy is selfish of him. The least they deserve is to be together.

Oh well, at least there's Gundam 00 to look forward to now =/
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:14   Link #1062
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
i don't buy this.
But you can believe that XD.
I for one think lelouch is dead.
With one of the most awesome death scenes ever i cried every single I saw the scene =x.
Trust me you were not the only one who cried
The death scene was Awesome ! really well done .. no argue about that ! I actually give 100/100
and sunrise making an OVA or a Movie would totally ruin everything ! but still with everything happened I can't simply believe hes dead ! I mean... the evidence are showing sth else... ( not meaning that fan made picture ! )
Gt_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:17   Link #1063
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've updated my post: here I added further theories as to why I believe Lelouch is alive. Kindly check it out.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:18   Link #1064
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

I am going to say that Kallen did figure out what Lelouch was doing as early as when she was a prisoner on that parade. She knew that, after seeing zero pop out, lelouch was sacrificing himself. And of course, when todo was about to identify the new zero, she insists its just zero and cries. Also at the end when she is going back to school, she sees lelouch's picture and smiles and says that what he's done has helped the world, by explaining the results of what he has done. I don't know if nunally has told kallen at this point yet, but i'm sure kallen has figured it out.

And yes, based on the ending with CC, I do believe Lelouch is the wagon driver and he is in fact alive. CC cocking her head seals the deal for me and she says it in a way where he is nearby (driver). So there you have it.

My other thoughts: Ogi alive = fail.
I feel very bad for suzaku because he can no longer come out in public at all and only nunally knows him (which will help maintain suzaku's sanity haha..)

I hope they do an ova and talk about the lives of the other main characters, like cornelia, todo, nunally, and more of kallen (HELL YAH!).
Old 2008-09-28, 13:18   Link #1065
killbethy

Technically, they could easily resolve if Lelouch is alive or dead with C.C. in an additional picture book... 25.25 or something LOL.

But, honestly. Why would Suzaku be willing to wear the mask of the symbol that killed Euphie? That bugs me to no end.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:19   Link #1066
Julius Firefocht

Someone in Sunrise must have read the Dune sci-fi series by Frank Herbert.

In that series, an Emperor called Leto II seized the throne and knowingly becomes a tyrant, killing a whole load of people for the good of humanity in the long run, something he calls the "Golden Path". He dies willingly and with full knowledge of his death, knowing precisely how he was going to die and with knowledge that his death would provide the best chance for the future of humanity.

In this series, an Emperor called Lelouch seized the throne and knowingly becomes a tyrant, killing a whole load of people for the good of humanity in the long run, something he calls the "Zero Requiem". He dies willingly and with full knowledge of his death, knowing precisely how he was going to die and with knowledge that his death would provide the best chance for the future of humanity.

Coincidence? Perhaps!

Actually it does not matter. At the end of the day, Lelouch died for our sins. ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:19   Link #1067
Z498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_max View Post
My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends.

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.

Source : animeotaku

I really hope this is true, and after thinking about it he probably is immortal because he has a ton of power that seems to be equal to Charles.
Z498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:19   Link #1068
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_max View Post
My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends.

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.

I support this theory too. I think it's very likely this is what happened because the whole time I was wondering how Nunally received those visions when he died. He must have a code...
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:19   Link #1069
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Omg.
Just... omg.
This was the first anime to truly make me cry.
I also laughed hysterically while doing so, but that's something that happens much more often than me actually shedding more than just one or two tears in silence.
I saw most of it coming after the "Aishiteru, Nunally"-part, but I think that made it even worse.
And then Suzaku showed up again...
I think I can savely say now that this is the best anime I ever watched.
And I don't care if Lelouch is dead or still alive somehwere... he died, and it was vital for the happy end he envisioned. It's the saddes happy end I've ever seen and I'm glad I almost never doubted hin. Otherwise, I would feel bad now, fictional character or not.

Not only would Suzaku not have to know, I've also got a lot more faith in him.
Lelouch died and made the world the place they always wanted it to be. Suzaku - his best friend and the one who took his life - cried for him.
And I think he forgave him long before that.
Ya I think either way would have been fine actually. There's still some grudgings from me about the way C.C. was treated. That's the case when I'd go for a Wolf and Spice end.

At any rate, Lelouch died for our sins! Oh shi-, he must be Jesu- XD
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:23   Link #1070
iBeast

Lelouch isn't dead. Notice how the scene focus on the pink crane at the end...a crane in Japanese usually means a wish has been made. That wish I guess was fulfilled when CC was in the Church praying for LULU to NOT die...Lulu is the cart driver.

This ending was made for all POV. People who wanted Lulu to die are satisfied, and people who didn't want Lulu to die are also satisfied because we have enough evidence to believe that LUlu is still alive and indeed...riding that cart.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:23   Link #1071
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

The wagon driver at the end was
Spoiler:

Meh, I knew they were going to forget about C.C.'s name or not bother mentioning it...blah. I hope there would be a picture drama or sound drama that tells us her real name.

Seriously though, I so wanted a CC/Lelouch ending and I get this? WTF....
Old 2008-09-28, 13:24   Link #1072
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Lelouch died and made the world the place they always wanted it to be. Suzaku - his best friend and the one who took his life - cried for him.
And I think he forgave him long before that.
NO
I believe Suzaku cried for him because The action of him had to kill his best friend was simply sad ! wouldnt you cry if you were supposed to kill your best friend ?! and if tht doesn't satisfy you... other reason... he simply didn't know about Lulu's code and him being Immortal... I'm sure even Lulu didnt know it himself till the moment he died ! Because code only activates when the Holder of the code actually dies !
Same thing with C.C ... And same thing with Lulu's mother when hers was activated the moment she was dying... but since her physical body was already shot all she could do was transferring herself ( her memories / virtual self ) to that pinky hair girl ( forgot her name XD ) using her just activated Geass power !
Old 2008-09-28, 13:24   Link #1073
Karna
just some guy

wow , that ending just sucked . im very dissopointed. and most of all we didn't learn c.c.s name. that was way too open ended.... hopefully we get some ova's .....man that ending was way too depressing
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:25   Link #1074
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

LOL at people saying lelouch dies for humanity's sins... omg I can't stop thinking about Jesus now...

Lelouch = jesus??

So after however many days, lelouch will be resurrected?
Old 2008-09-28, 13:26   Link #1075
killbethy

You know what is really ironic? If Lelouch had merely agreed to the terms that Kaguya provided in the UFN meeting (Lelouch cutting his vote in the UFN), it would have brought about peace too. One of the requirements for entering the UFN is the country ridding itself of its own army and accepting the BK's as the army for the entire UFN. If Lelouch had simply agreed, the Britannian army would have been stripped, the BK's would have been the army for Britannia as well... and then there would be no way for the UFN and Britannia to fight amongst eachother anymore because they would be sharing the same army.

Easy way to a peaceful ending and no one has to get FLEIA-ed or die!

And with Lelouch's mental capabilities... he would do more good for the world alive than dead or missing.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:27   Link #1076
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
Technically, they could easily resolve if Lelouch is alive or dead with C.C. in an additional picture book... 25.25 or something LOL.

But, honestly. Why would Suzaku be willing to wear the mask of the symbol that killed Euphie? That bugs me to no end.
That was part of his punishment.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:27   Link #1077
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Someone in Sunrise must have read the Dune sci-fi series by Frank Herbert.

In that series, an Emperor called Leto II seized the throne and knowingly becomes a tyrant, killing a whole load of people for the good of humanity in the long run, something he calls the "Golden Path". He dies willingly and with full knowledge of his death, knowing precisely how he was going to die and with knowledge that his death would provide the best chance for the future of humanity.

In this series, an Emperor called Lelouch seized the throne and knowingly becomes a tyrant, killing a whole load of people for the good of humanity in the long run, something he calls the "Zero Requiem". He dies willingly and with full knowledge of his death, knowing precisely how he was going to die and with knowledge that his death would provide the best chance for the future of humanity.

Coincidence? Perhaps!

Actually it does not matter. At the end of the day, Lelouch died for our sins. ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
Way to utterly cheapen of the the greatest books ever made and perhaps the greatest fictional character to ever exist with Lelouch. In simple terms there are thousands of stories like this but the little details are what makes story great. Do you know how many Messiah-Savior-Martyr myths are? Thousands but the best sounding one is Jesus, that is why Christ is big and Mithra is not.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:27   Link #1078
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
You know what is really ironic? If Lelouch had merely agreed to the terms that Kaguya provided in the UFN meeting (Lelouch cutting his vote in the UFN), it would have brought about peace too. One of the requirements for entering the UFN is the country ridding itself of its own army and accepting the BK's as the army for the entire UFN. If Lelouch had simply agreed, the Britannian army would have been stripped, the BK's would have been the army for Britannia as well... and then there would be no way for the UFN and Britannia to fight amongst eachother anymore because they would be sharing the same army.

Easy way to a peaceful ending and no one has to get FLEIA-ed or die!

There's one problem with that - Don't forget: at that time Schenizel was still out and about with Damacles. No way he's gonna accept Lelouch's decision.
And I'm not worried about Lelouch's strategic genius - he's Geass Schenizel into working for Nunally - and he's plenty smart.

One think that bothered me as pointed out by other is, looks like Schenizel is still Geassed? How does that work? Or did he break out of his Geass and decides to help Nunally anyway? Or does it mean....anyway, I'm going to stop speculating because we're not gonna get a definite answer anyway.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:28   Link #1079
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I've updated my post: here I added further theories as to why I believe Lelouch is alive. Kindly check it out.
Forgive me, I'm quoting them here

Quote:

P.P.P.S More evidence, courtesy of an intelligent anon from 4chan:

Orange knew of Lelouche’s and Suzaku’s plan and helped them out by ordering his men not to fire on Zero, he even smiled when Zerozaku jumped on his shoulder.

Now would Orange, a man who devoted himself entirely to Lelouche and threw away everything without a second thought be OK with a plan where the sole person he wants to protect in life is actually killed? The answer to that is NO, not even if Lelouche ordered him to accept the plan: he would not go along with it and would protect him with his life. There is only one way that Orange would be OK with a plan like that and thats if he knew about Lelouche’s immortality, which I assume he did as he worked with V.V. in the Geass research base. Orange was OK with this plan as he knew Lelouche would come to no harm and would be able to start a new peaceful life with the woman he loves in a world which he himself had made peaceful.

Even at the end, we see Orange on his orange plantation, completely content with the way things have panned out, he definitely could not be that happy had Lelouche actually died.

There it is, firm evidence of Lelouche’s immortality if the scene with C.C. and the cart driver wasn’t painfully obvious enough.

(I corrected a few spelling errors and run-ons, but preserved the original thought. It’s also quite convincing, if you ask me.)
Old 2008-09-28, 13:29   Link #1080
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
There's one problem with that - Don't forget: at that time Schenizel was still out and about with Damacles. No way he's gonna accept Lelouch's decision.
Then everyone would have united to fight against Schneizel in the Damocles... Lelouch still would have been able to beat him, and once again, happy end.