AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 10:08   Link #301
Ashaman

*Nods*

I believe there is a trope for this:

Overshadowed By Awesome
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:30   Link #302
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Misaka + Hei = pwn'd no matter what me thinks. I still believe she appears weaker because she is afraid of hurting something. Imagine if she went all out like that contractor did...
Old 2010-04-13, 19:05   Link #303
giorno

she'd be around the level of a saint, probably...still far below the likes of fiamma, accelerator, aurrelus, acqua or carthena=original...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 22:03   Link #304
Miraluka
Banned

Mmm.... in vol.13 Index said that Accelerator when 'awakened' equates saints power.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 02:42   Link #305
giorno

mmm, wasn't it more like the power as a similar nature as the saints's, rather than being as powerful as saints?

because he looks more powerful than the saints we've seen, including Acqua...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 09:48   Link #306
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
mmm, wasn't it more like the power as a similar nature as the saints's, rather than being as powerful as saints?

because he looks more powerful than the saints we've seen, including Acqua...
A similar nature as the saints puts Accelerator on a higher hierarchy of power just like Imagine Breaker is higher than average magic and ESP powers.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 12:05   Link #307
tsunade666

I'm sure aqua is stronger than accelerator. But not sure about the others unless his in black wings mode. Aqua is broken pretty broken. If its a one on one battle the chances is Aqua will pound accelerator like a brat. But the problem about accelerator is he can control even the plot. To even imagine that he can block magic without him knowing about it. Can you even imagine that! and he doesn't completly erase it. It turns into like colorful fireworks instead when it enters his AIM field.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 02:46   Link #308
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder, after the Sister Incident, do you think that Misaka is still fond with the whole Academy City?

Academy City look like a hell.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 03:11   Link #309
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm sure aqua is stronger than accelerator. But not sure about the others unless his in black wings mode. Aqua is broken pretty broken. If its a one on one battle the chances is Aqua will pound accelerator like a brat. But the problem about accelerator is he can control even the plot. To even imagine that he can block magic without him knowing about it. Can you even imagine that! and he doesn't completly erase it. It turns into like colorful fireworks instead when it enters his AIM field.
Erm, in that case, why do you thing Accelerator would lose to Aqua?

Okay, put aside the new information about Accelerator breaking down magic. Which of Aqua's attacks could penetrate his Redirection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I wonder, after the Sister Incident, do you think that Misaka is still fond with the whole Academy City?

Academy City look like a hell.
Well, it certainly doesn't look like she's going on the warpath to bring the city down.

Like any city, there are going to be some dark secrets, I don't see how this would make Academy City look like hell, considering that the general public still live in relative peace. As bad as Academy City could be, they still do some good.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:00   Link #310
tsunade666

its hard to tell if its a battle against mage and a level 5 because their hasn't been any real battles yet. But if aqua's magic is like the magic that instantly appears and not travel then it can just explode inside the fire wall of accel. But who know's.

But I'm still betting on aqua weilding ascalon. Its like aqua performing omnislash

As for mikoto..... well we haven't really seen her go out wild. The only thing I saw when she goes max firing electricity is against the baby and against touma. But touma wouln't even get damage from it and the baby artificial angel needs to be go against max if mikoto wants to live. She is fighting an artificial angel even if its still a new born baby. Other than that. If I take the battle of mikoto and mugino as an example but mikoto is completely exhausted already plus mugino is just playing around. So can't tell.

The only great fights are the fight of Accelerator. Maybe that's why his the main man for science side as for touma taking the spot of magic side. Plus touma is the only one that could take on a fire of a cannon that can take out a whole city type of magic.

Imagine Breaker = UBER HAX GAR POWER!!! that even if the user is a normal immortal guy its fine

Redirection = MAX CONTROL OF PLOT!!!! the plot is on accelerator's side and he will always win!!!

As for the others..... they get pawned tons of times. Well that's my opinion.
Old 2010-04-18, 11:10   Link #311
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Imagine Breaker = UBER HAX GAR POWER!!! that even if the user is a normal immortal guy its fine

Redirection = MAX CONTROL OF PLOT!!!! the plot is on accelerator's side and he will always win!!!

As for the others..... they get pawned tons of times. Well that's my opinion.
you forgot one...Kuroko

Kuroko transporter ability = can send you to the Core of the Sun immediately!.

Fast journey to the end of your life!
with cost only "flirting with Tokiwadai Railgun" .
Satisfaction guaranteed!!
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:20   Link #312
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think that Mikoto Misaka have the power to rival other Lv5/6 user...but then, it is really depends on the author's wish. I mean, in other anime-verse, haxx ability usually can be countered easily by overpowered it with the helps of heart+resolve things.

But then since Misaka Mikoto isn't a main character or male character, she pretty much will lose on every high tier.
Old 2010-04-18, 11:20   Link #313
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
you forgot one...Kuroko

wait a second...

if i not mistake, Kuroko Level 4 only can teleport near 90m leght

but i still belive Mikoto also can teleport if achive Level 6 or higher
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:24   Link #314
Shadow5YA

Quote:
you forgot one...Kuroko

I don't think Kuroko (or even Awaki) has the ability to transport people that far.

Despite Accel having the most broken ability, the author still makes his fights interesting by putting him against equally tough opponents, which allows him to grow. The only fights that have put Mikoto on the ropes is Accel, who wiped the floor with her, and Mugino, which wasn't exactly a fair fight.

Honestly, I think Mikoto could have beaten Accel if she had went all out. If she had done the same thing she did against the Level Upper fetus and generated high voltage electricity to burn the area around him to a crisp, she would have won. If Accel tries to touch the electricty, Mikoto can just move the AoE.

Of course, Mikoto probably wouldn't dare do that to another human being.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:44   Link #315
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think Kuroko (or even Awaki) has the ability to transport people that far.

Despite Accel having the most broken ability, the author still makes his fights interesting by putting him against equally tough opponents, which allows him to grow. The only fights that have put Mikoto on the ropes is Accel, who wiped the floor with her, and Mugino, which wasn't exactly a fair fight.

Honestly, I think Mikoto could have beaten Accel if she had went all out. If she had done the same thing she did against the Level Upper fetus and generated high voltage electricity to burn the area around him to a crisp, she would have won. If Accel tries to touch the electricty, Mikoto can just move the AoE.

Of course, Mikoto probably wouldn't dare do that to another human being.
Actually, in some sense, isn't that Mikoto can easily suffocate everyone by burning the oxygen away like what her clone did it against Accel?
Old 2010-04-18, 13:05   Link #316
Shadow5YA

That begs the question: did Mikoto ever think of doing something like that with her powers? Did she never think of it, or was she subconsciously aware and her kind nature ruled it as out of the question?
Old 2010-04-18, 13:07   Link #317
Ashaman

She could have, but only if certain conditions are met, such as no wind and since he can control air currents....

About burning Accel like she did the baby, it wouldn't work.

For one it wouldn't damage him directly, it would only posibly damage his oxygen supply. See above.

His Redirection would block heat etc. Then he could simply attack her.

There is a reson she is Third and he is First, there is a massive difference in Power, application, experience, mentality...
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 14:26   Link #318
Shadow5YA

I doubt his redirection would work. First, temperture and internal energy are relative measures, not vectors. Second, even if Accel could block heat, he would have to redirect all of the heat, which would cause the air immediately around him to tun absolute zero from the lack of heat. Accel either has to redirect, or he doesn't, not inbetween. The heat isn't harmful like a flamethrower where it comes in direct contact; it's harmful because it affects the surrounding environment.

And I agree that Mikoto lacks the experience and mentality, but I think she isn't lacking in power. Had she kept her creativity from the Level Upper arc and had the killing intent like Accel and Kakine do, she could match them.
Old 2010-04-18, 14:45   Link #319
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I doubt his redirection would work. First, temperture and internal energy are relative measures, not vectors. Second, even if Accel could block heat, he would have to redirect all of the heat, which would cause the air immediately around him to tun absolute zero from the lack of heat. Accel either has to redirect, or he doesn't, not inbetween. The heat isn't harmful like a flamethrower where it comes in direct contact; it's harmful because it affects the surrounding environment.

And I agree that Mikoto lacks the experience and mentality, but I think she isn't lacking in power. Had she kept her creativity from the Level Upper arc and had the killing intent like Accel and Kakine do, she could match them.
you have a point there....hmmm..interesting
*opened "Hitman Guidebook for Dummies" book*
Heat = can be used to cook...and to kill...depend on application term and condition
Electricity = can create Heat...and death
Girl = can seduce...and reduce..

Hope some time ahead the novel will depicted a Mikoto with full Killing Intent toward her opponent to display her dark side.

My Father said:
"Each human is like the moon, they have another side that never showed to anyone, they call it 'dark side', while we call it 'true self' "
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 14:54   Link #320
tsunade666

Quote:
you forgot one...Kuroko

kuroko's range is only about 50-80 and the size wouldn't be bigger than a average human. I don't know the exact limitations because I didn't read the vol 08. Chaoz is the one who knows much more on the teleporters. But teleport doesn't work on Touma and also Accel.

As for awaki she has longer range than Kuroko. Around a kilometer or near it. But I don't know the exact limitations.

and lastly.......... you guys really like mikoto and its hard to defend on it if you want for her to win. well oh well. Its good to me if mikoto wouldn't get herself involve to much on the magic and dark side of the world. She's not emotional good for it. Look at the sister arc. She went on berserk their to even attack the facilities and wouldn't calm a bit. Like what the anime also shows us.