AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2015-10-25, 08:55   Link #61
oompa loompa

no. fucking. way.

I don't believe it. I really don't. I don't care who shows me what. Is this real or just a fanta-seaaaaaaa
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 12:03   Link #62
Chandalen

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

that said. I can't believe it.... I assumed it was long dead. Time to double up my yearly rewatch of the series.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 12:39   Link #63
dmaxzero

I will be in denial about this until I see a trailer or PV, plus confirmed date.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 14:09   Link #64
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not sure what I want more of though. Mecha action or school silliness. The story gets more serious as it goes along, so I would expect less humor. Though a Fumoffu 2 would amuse me.
Old 2015-10-25, 14:45   Link #65
Dextro
He Without a Title

I seem to remember KyoAni mentioning that TSR was, at the time, one of the hardest things they ever had to animate and didn't leave them very eager to pick up another mecha show. Am I remembering it wrong? Maybe that explains why this seems to be going to a different studio even if the one person I would expect to see convincing KyoAni would be Gatou.

Oh well, I still have full trust in whatever comes as long as Gatou himself is handling the script. Hyouka is still fresh in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not sure what I want more of though. Mecha action or school silliness. The story gets more serious as it goes along, so I would expect less humor. Though a Fumoffu 2 would amuse me.
A Fumoffu 2 would be the perfect way to ease folks back into the series even if I'm eager to get the rest of the story animated.
Old 2015-10-25, 16:01   Link #66
Gundamx

Yeah.... half-life 3 confirmed....
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 18:33   Link #67
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've waited for this beautiful day for so long.... ;_;

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 18:37   Link #68
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Yeah.... half-life 3 confirmed....
I donno what's this "half-life 3" thing (loved the first half life, blue shift, opposing force. HL 2 not so much, didn't care about the series after that), but I'm gonna assume you are referring to something like vaporware.

Thing is, I'm thinking about what Gatoh said a loooooong time ago, that if there's no chance for a new anime, he'll come out and say it, but as long as he keeps quiet, there's still hope. Now, why would he have kept quiet all this time just to tell us this great news now, if it isn't true? Ofc, things might happen during development that slow the series' production, or - worst case scenario - totally stop it. It might not be released for 1, 2, 3, 4 years, but even so, it doesn't mean they don't want to release it, or that they don't have a realistic and clear project about it. It doesn't mean he was just "playing for the crowd".

As a side note, I would've used the Duke Nukem Forever example instead of HL 3...
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 19:33   Link #69
Dash_Hunter

New thread, yeah! it makes it feel more real haha.

So a little summary of what we know:
Quote:

制作は都内某所(伊藤P)
Tokyo Studio

ロボ描くの疲れる発言(伊藤P)
Hand draw mechas.

So apparently KyoAni won't be animating this (a Tokyo branch of KyoAni is just a rumor), and Gatoh doesn't want CG mechas.
Also Gatoh himself said that it will cover the remaining volumes of the LN, other hint of that is that the Laevatein is the one on the announcement artwork and not the Arbalest.

With the new anime announcement, they launched a new line of toys with post-TSR AS including the very popular ARX-8 Laevatein. Also, the first volume of the LN got published for free in a VN-like format to get attract new readers (here's a link), a card game of FMP was confirmed and SRW x FMP is in the works.
So yeah pretty exciting news, hopefully we'll get more information soon.
Old 2015-10-25, 22:48   Link #70
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

one decade later eh? this is pretty freaking amazing.

its great how so many people posting in this thread have join date: 200x. it got us old timers out of our retirement homes..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 23:03   Link #71
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
FMP is actually the anime that got me to register for these forums... if mostly because I wanted novel info

Spoiler for I think this is how the novel ended and why I kept lurking here:

The question is.... how far will this new anime cover?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 06:34   Link #72
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Even Bandai didn't want to miss the hype train. They congratulate the new anime announcement and teased fans that there are maybe (new) FMP-related stuffs displayed on upcoming Tamashii Nation 2015 figures exhibition this weekend

Maybe renewal edition for Robot Damashii Laevatein, or maybe even Metal Build Arbalest? I personally hoping for reissue of Metal Build Laevatein and Bonta-kun renewal though
Old 2015-10-26, 06:49   Link #73
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Even Bandai didn't want to miss the hype train. They congratulate the new anime announcement and teased fans that there are maybe (new) FMP-related stuffs displayed on upcoming Tamashii Nation 2015 figures exhibition this weekend

Maybe renewal edition for Robot Damashii Laevatein, or maybe even Metal Build Arbalest? I personally hoping for reissue of Metal Build Laevatein and Bonta-kun renewal though
Now I'm looking forward for Laevateinn and Belial renewal!

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 07:26   Link #74
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The question is.... how far will this new anime cover?
According to Gatoh, the new anime will end it all. So one way or another we will get to the conclusion, and I expect Gatoh to make any alterations, retcons and even improvements on the way to make it all fit in the episode count.
Old 2015-10-26, 07:51   Link #75
outlaw97

I kind of wish they would give it the FMA: Brotherhood treatment - basically redo it from the beginning and give a chance to draw in (literally) a new generation of viewers. But the fact that it's been a decade means we should be lucky we're getting anything at all
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 08:47   Link #76
LeoXiao
思想工作

I get the feeling that they'll either have to cut out one or more of the novels or condense everything to point where it feels more like recap than actual story. Personally I'd prefer that they cover the material selectively. As I recall a couple of the novels mostly had the characters go off on side adventures only tangentially related to the main plot.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 09:22   Link #77
Tormenk

Never read the novels so I want to ask, is the Sigma manga a good ballpark of what will be adapted?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 10:05   Link #78
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Never read the novels so I want to ask, is the Sigma manga a good ballpark of what will be adapted?
Since the plan is to animate the remaining novels which Sigma also covers (plus the events of TSR), I'd say yes.
Old 2015-10-26, 14:48   Link #79
amehmood16

Just wait, Gatoh will surprise us again with a complete Fumoffu adaptation.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 16:04   Link #80
Dextro
He Without a Title

I wonder if we'll be getting some nice new models of the different Arm Slaves. Now that I got hooked on building Gunplas building an M9 would be mega