AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-23, 09:22   Link #11481
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
In other words I will laugh when he rejects her.
For once we actually agree on something about Touma.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:29   Link #11482
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm sure we've all heard what happened when OreImo's author pulled that stunt on Kuroneko

I'm certain Kamachi won't do the same, but he'll likely drag out the issue for as long as he has plots to cover.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:32   Link #11483
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm certain Kamachi won't do the same, but he'll likely drag out the issue for as long as he has plots to cover.
This is why I hate romance involving the main character in series that aren't explicitly focused on romance/relationships. Authors drag it out way too long, and when they actually pair the main character with someone officially, it's typically after they've dragged it out way too long and completely focused the character's main plot on it.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:33   Link #11484
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I'm sure we've all heard what happened when OreImo's author pulled that stunt on Kuroneko
She got her own manga. I also heard she didn't move that far.

Quote:
There is nothing that points to an end in the first place. Sad but true.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:37   Link #11485
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
This is why I hate romance involving the main character in series that aren't explicitly focused on romance/relationships. Authors drag it out way too long, and when they actually pair the main character with someone officially, it's typically after they've dragged it out way too long and completely focused the character's main plot on it.
The same thing would happen in Romance/Comedy series as well so it's not an exclusive problem. But I personally prefer pairings from Action oriented series (After all, I started out from Digimon), and the reason is because people will appreciate what they have less off, if romantic scenes are rare, you would savor it like wine. Plus the action would make it less obvious- It's hard to worry about love life when you're dodging bullets.

Quote:
She got her own manga. I also heard she didn't move that far.
The point is... Hmm, I suppose it's a spoiler so I can't causally mention it
Old 2011-06-23, 09:41   Link #11486
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
The same thing would happen in Romance/Comedy series as well so it's not an exclusive problem. But I personally prefer pairings from Action oriented series (After all, I started out from Digimon), and the reason is because people will appreciate what they have less off, if romantic scenes are rare, you would savor it like wine. Plus the action would make it less obvious- It's hard to worry about love life when you're dodging bullets.
I'm not saying I'm opposed to romance in an action series period. I happen to like a bit of romance; it keeps things fresh, like you said. I'm just annoyed when they put the main character in a love triangle/will-they-won't-they/etc. because the writer(s) typically (not always, of course) get tied up in resolving it or pandering to the audience and they forget what the main character is supposed to be doing.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:42   Link #11487
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

The point is... Hmm, I suppose it's a spoiler so I can't causally mention it
You can post it on my profile
Old 2011-06-23, 09:45   Link #11488
Zakoo

Quote:

In other words I will laugh when he rejects her.
No chance, Kamachi knows I'm ready to come to Japan in worst case situation, a hardcore shipper is the most terrifying thing on this earth.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:46   Link #11489
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm opposed to romance in an action series period. I happen to like a bit of romance; it keeps things fresh, like you said. I'm just annoyed when they put the main character in a love triangle/will-they-won't-they/etc. because the writer(s) typically (not always, of course) get tied up in resolving it or pandering to the audience and they forget what the main character is supposed to be doing.
Lol, if there's one thing Kamachi doesn't do, it's pandering to his fans And even when he does throw us a bone, it's a fish bone.

Off topic, the only thing I find worse than "will-they-won't-they" is couples that do get together, break up, then get back together, then break up again... Commonly found in Western TV drama.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:49   Link #11490
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Lol, if there's one thing Kamachi doesn't do, it's pandering to his fans And even when he does throw us a bone, it's a fish bone.

Off topic, the only thing I find worse than "will-they-won't-they" is couples that do get together, break up, then get back together, then break up again... Commonly found in Western TV drama.
1. Kamachi is a troll
2.We do have that but I hardly care. Funny how the good shows that do that are Two and a Half Men ( Oh Ashton I hope you can replace Charlie).

Shows that do what you don't like but are good are Big Bang Theory and Thats 70's show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
No chance, Kamachi knows I'm ready to come to Japan in worst case situation, a hardcore shipper is the most terrifying thing on this earth.
They are the kind I would punch in the face.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:50   Link #11491
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Shippers in general are the most terrifying thing on this Earth. Hardcore or not doesn't have anything to do with it.

Quote:
I never said I think it's happened in Index yet. In fact, it's one of the things I'll give the author credit for.

Quote:
*shudder* Don't get me started.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:00   Link #11492
leukrota

Quote:
Though it's also funny that people think that if Misaka likes him then Touma has to like her back.
It's also funny when people generalize... Personally, I've never heard/read that argument even once.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:03   Link #11493
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
It's also funny when people generalize... Personally, I've never heard/read that argument even once.
The idea comes up when you experience real life. See it/experience it. A girl or guys likes you you don't have to like them back. Toumas preference is older women so that also gives the edge.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:07   Link #11494
leukrota

Quote:
The idea comes up when you experience real life. See it/experience it. A girl or guys likes you you don't have to like them back. Toumas preference is older women so that also gives the edge.
I meant I haven't heard people saying "that if Misaka likes him then Touma has to like her back" smartass.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:10   Link #11495
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Touma also likes Black/Red bunny girls and maids, why doesn't anyone remembers that?
Old 2011-06-23, 10:11   Link #11496
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I meant I haven't heard people saying "that if Misaka likes him then Touma has to like her back".
It doesn't need to be said, does it? Shipping requires both sides to reciprocate feelings; otherwise it'd a very different kind of pairing.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:12   Link #11497
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I meant I haven't heard people saying "that if Misaka likes him then Touma has to like her back" smartass.
Im talking about the major shipping for her. People want them together, I used to be crazy for them together thinking "There is no way that they can't be together in the end"now its just meh. I would like it if they did but I want the story to take its course rather than seeming to be influenced by Misakas fans.

Also, did I push a button?
Old 2011-06-23, 10:14   Link #11498
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Touma also likes Black/Red bunny girls and maids, why doesn't anyone remembers that?
Because there is no fan art of Itsuwa, Oriana, and Kanzaki in bunny suits.

But there is maid suits
Old 2011-06-23, 10:17   Link #11499
leukrota

Quote:
Im talking about the major shipping for her. People want them together, I used to be crazy for them together thinking "There is no way that they can't be together in the end"now its just meh. I would like it if they did but I want the story to take its course rather than seeming to be influenced by Misakas fans.

Also, did I push a button?
Thankfully, the author doesn't seem to be kind to be influenced by shippers.

... an so now I see, you were making a counterargument on what you used to think, not what others do...

And yeah, you pushed a button, I said it sarcastically last time, but thoughtless generalizations piss me off (and btw, I'm not a Mikoto-Touma shipper in case you're wondering)

EDIT
Quote:
It doesn't need to be said, does it? Shipping requires both sides to reciprocate feelings; otherwise it'd a very different kind of pairing.
But it doesn't mean shippers think like that, or at least that doesn't seem to be the case to me... Hm... From what I see, shippers try to look for evidence of reciprocated feelings, sometimes even bending a bit (or a lot) the events' interpretations. But no one says someone has to like you just because you like them. Assuming anyone has that kind of shallow thinking is just looking down on that person without even proper justification.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:23   Link #11500
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Thankfully, the author doesn't seem to be kind to be influenced by shippers.
True it does seem that way. Though SOME (so you don't get another button pushed)Misaka fans can be a pain (Oh boy here we go).
See Zakoos comment.

Quote:
... an so now I see, you were making a counterargument on what you used to think, not what others do...
I don't get it nor do I want to.
Quote:
And yeah, you pushed a button, I said it sarcastically last time, but thoughtless generalizations piss me off (and btw, I'm not a Mikoto-Touma shipper in case you're wondering)
I don't care if you are a Kamikoto shipper.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen