AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-12-08, 16:38   Link #301
Kurohane

Now, it's a critical point in the manga, that the author must handle with care. The minute Yu is seen with full control of the seraph, able to save Mirai, Guren, and everyone and stop Kureto's plans where they stand is the same minute dozens of fans will throw their monitor screen to the wall calling BS. However, I highly doubt this happening. If there was ever a time for Yu to take the trumpet, it would be now. No one's had the chance to tell him how close he was to turning into a demon, and the subsequent results. A chance for him to reflect on his actions never came. Not just for almost letting Asuramaru take over his body, but how his actions put his team and the army in general at risk, even resulting in casualties. His team had to waste time coming back for him, because like heck, they would just leave him. Kimizuki preventing Asuramaru taking over left him unconscious when Mikaela charged the demon army resulting in Shinoa squad saving him and letting him take Yuu, throwing the army into chaos. The reinforcements had time to catch up and many people died, including two of Narumi's teammates. Things could have gone very differently if Yu just followed the order to retreat like he promised Shinoa. His emotions keep being a deciding factor of what actions he takes, because nothing of dire consequence has happened yet (that he's aware of). No matter the intentions, appropriate results must come from his choice. That whatever good comes from it, there is equal or greater damage as a cost.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2015-12-08 at 21:19.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 17:59   Link #302
Wandering Soul

I'm not surprised Yu would choose to take the trumpet. I'm pretty sure even if he did know how close he came to becoming a demon, he would still have chosen to take it.
Old 2016-01-26, 21:18   Link #303
Alhazad2003

Spoiler for Chapter 41:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 03:39   Link #304
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 41:

Is interesting that in the anime the battle was more exciting
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 11:22   Link #305
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 41:
Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 13:04   Link #306
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Spoiler:
It's frustrating she was caught off guard like that despite knowing Ferid is the kind of man that would do that.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 13:38   Link #307
Wandering Soul

She seemed to be too focused on everything going on which caused her to drop her guard. That cost her greatly. In any other scenario she would have been prepared.
Old 2016-02-02, 18:35   Link #308
Jiminy

Looks like the vampire city might get some uninvited visitors in the new chapter
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-02, 18:36   Link #309
Kurohane

Care to elaborate in spoiler quotes?
Old 2016-03-14, 23:58   Link #310
Alhazad2003

Spoiler for Chapter 42 RAW:

And now, chapter 43 is out, and it doesn't look good for our heroes. Yuu is gradually losing himself and become more Oni with each passing day, the heroes know the JDA won't stop until they find them, and now Ferid and Crowley are headed right towards them. Dare we find out what happens next? We will in three more weeks or so. Until then...
Old 2016-03-15, 00:15   Link #311
Kurohane

My issue is that this came at the wrong time. I wanted Kagami to better develop the world and the team before having them cut off from the army. They are still very green with only little substantial combat experience. All the battles they had were either against mooks Yuu could take out with one hit, or getting they're buts handed to them by a noble. Nothing in between. It's hard to imagine how they can get out of their current predicament without another kind of deus ex-machina. It's getting really repetitive.
Old 2016-03-19, 10:15   Link #312
Yorae_paladin1

Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2016-03-19, 10:49   Link #313
Kurohane

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-03-19, 13:21   Link #314
Windsgrace

I think Ferid's motives are actually whims. I mean he's lived a long life and so he is bored. All he wants to be is amused...atleast that is what I got from it. :P Of course he needs to be sly with how he acts for his entertainment. Playing all three sides and see them battle it out would be most interesting to watch no? Now that the world hangs in the balance between the factions. Playing a hand and toying with everyone is entertaining to him.

Last edited by Windsgrace; 2016-03-22 at 03:35.
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 01:00   Link #315
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
My issue is that this came at the wrong time. I wanted Kagami to better develop the world and the team before having them cut off from the army. They are still very green with only little substantial combat experience. All the battles they had were either against mooks Yuu could take out with one hit, or getting they're buts handed to them by a noble. Nothing in between. It's hard to imagine how they can get out of their current predicament without another kind of deus ex-machina. It's getting really repetitive.
Yeah, that's one fo the story's major flaws, that and Yuu never learning from his mistakes. Though I bet he's learning now, since he's becoming more Oni with each passing day, that's what he gets for being so reckless. Wow, all that effort to make Mika human again and now he's gradually becoming more inhuman, the irony of it all. Love to see how it goes from here.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I think Windsgrace said it best, this is probably one big game to Ferid, so we shouldn't take what he says at face value. I seriously doubt he has any intention of saving Krul, not after he offered her to the Progenitor Council for her "crimes." More likely he has his own designs for them, especially Yuu and Mika, which will benefit no one but himself I'm sure. Though we'll find out for sure in another two weeks. Until then...
Old 2016-04-06, 22:39   Link #316
Kurohane

Well, I guess everyone has to adjust to being slaves to Ferid...

Underwhelming attempt of shock value at the end. Ferid explicitly wants them all alive, and Crowley's not going to go against that, unless he accidentally kills someone, but that's not likely to happen for plot reasons.

Quote:
Yeah, that's one fo the story's major flaws, that and Yuu never learning from his mistakes. Though I bet he's learning now, since he's becoming more Oni with each passing day, that's what he gets for being so reckless. Wow, all that effort to make Mika human again and now he's gradually becoming more inhuman, the irony of it all. Love to see how it goes from here.
Nope, now that he's reunited with Mika, he doesn't care that he's turning into a demon . Why do this with your protagonist, Kagami?
Old 2016-04-06, 23:26   Link #317
Wandering Soul

Crowley's not going to kill any of them, so there's nothing to really fear at the end of the chapter. It looks like the group will have no choice but to work with Ferid and Crowley.

Yuu doesn't even care that he's becoming a demon. Now that he has Mika back, he isn't worried about anything. He also is starting to figure out what exactly was going on behind closed doors all those years ago.
Old 2016-04-07, 08:51   Link #318
Yorae_paladin1

Wow Ferid is either crazy or extremely bored then again as vampire hunter D count magnus lee said immortality is nothing more than eternal boredom.

And drinking blood doesn;t seems so pleasurable to him unless he is torturing somebody in the process.

and his power of friendship speech was lol worthy

Old 2016-04-08, 06:20   Link #319
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Well, I guess everyone has to adjust to being slaves to Ferid...

Underwhelming attempt of shock value at the end. Ferid explicitly wants them all alive, and Crowley's not going to go against that, unless he accidentally kills someone, but that's not likely to happen for plot reasons.
Indeed, as you said, the story is unbalanced. Yuu and company don't seem to be a factor in this, it's like they really are nothing more than lambs for Ferid to herd, and then slaughter at his whim. Yes, very underwhelming indeed.

Quote:
Nope, now that he's reunited with Mika, he doesn't care that he's turning into a demon . Why do this with your protagonist, Kagami?
I second the motion, Yuu is becoming more and more far-fetched with each chapter, I'm starting to think about dropping this series since it's making no sense at all. Sad.

Quote:
Wow Ferid is either crazy or extremely bored then again as vampire hunter D count magnus lee said immortality is nothing more than eternal boredom.

And drinking blood doesn;t seems so pleasurable to him unless he is torturing somebody in the process.

and his power of friendship speech was lol worthy
Maybe a little bit of both, he has to do something to pass the time away or he might go crazy from boredom.

And him ribbing the concept of friendship, that definitely fits his amoral view on things. He said it earlier; the three things he loves the most are immortality, chaos, and despair. Life is just one big game to him, seems he should be the real protagonist since he's always in control. Is the mangaka trying to tell us there's no place for heroes in the world of OnS? I really hope that's not the case.

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2016-04-10 at 23:16.
Old 2016-04-08, 07:39   Link #320
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I second the motion, Yuu is becoming more and more far-fetched with each chapter, I'm starting to think about dropping this series since it's making no sense at all. Sad.
Yu, like all Kagami protagonists, is pretty much completely crazy. Him not caring about becoming a demon makes sense given that.

Quote:
Is the mangaka trying to tell us there's no place for heroes in the world of OnS? I really hope that's not the case.
.. At the very least, he certainly doesn't want to make it too easy for them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote