AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-07-19, 16:12   Link #261
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Kira joined Zaft because his wifey Palpatine'd ZAFT and is in control now...The knight follows his queen...
I'd hardly call her Palpatine'ing it. If it were up to Lacus, she'd be off on an island watching birds and singing to little children and not having a care in the world.

It's more like the world dialed the Goddess Help Hotline, and got Lacus.
Old 2007-07-19, 20:52   Link #262
winter45

Lucas has a tendency to do what she wants, when she wants and there is NOTHING that can get in her way.

So if she wishes to stay on a beach island she can... if whe wanted world domination she also can....

and who wanted the dialup goddess help hotline anyways... im sure Patrick Zala, Muruta Azrael, Djibril and Gilbert Durandal dont want too.... but that makes up most of the main leaders.

If anything, i think they will eventually want her dead if not already.... Too bad they didnt work together with a common goal and kill her off..... but thats asking the impossible
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 21:21   Link #263
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Get Fllay the new mask already! LOL!

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 21:32   Link #264
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LOL @ how all you guys took my superficial comedic comparison and just ran with it...

The 1-800 Godess Help Hotline eh? I've called that number once or twice..The commercials for it air around 2am in the morning...
Old 2007-07-19, 21:38   Link #265
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

I think it means that there are people who do not like the way Lacus is running the show... this day should always be remembered!

Old 2007-07-19, 22:31   Link #266
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
I think it means that there are people who do not like the way Lacus is running the show... this day should always be remembered!
Ill be honest and upfront.... YES i dislike LUCAS and KIRA

I just hate their one sided smackdowns...

If Mitsuo Fukuda only knew how to make both sides balanced in their struggles to reach their goals.... But no instead we didnt see that at all... It was pretty obviouse that its going to be a one sided show with BS that would only enhance their ability on bringing down powerfull identities with little effort.

To be honest whats the point of having a 3rd season if its only going to be one sided smackdowns and omnipotent princess who knows all. You might as well watch seed and destiny over and over again and be satisfied that they are invulnerable to all forms of resistance. With this formulae for GS3 the end results will be the same, but just with a different one sided story.

I just hope, JUST HOPE that Fukuda does a 180 degrees and show their downfall from their golden age of Triumphs. But this is asking too much for them to make a decent Gundam show were all different parties are trying to achieve their goals without onesided flawless victories.

If Fukuda can change his one sided formulae and allow KIRA and LUCAS to be defeated again and again and then totally defeated... IM VERY SURE ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR THAT MAN.. Until then there will be a great divide of fans for the SEED series...
Old 2007-07-19, 22:47   Link #267
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I ain't gonna lie... I would really, really like a 3rd Seed with Shinn doing something importan, but that won't happen... Destiny wasn't even all that bad to me. I could put up with almost everything exept Athrun...
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 23:42   Link #268
winter45

LOL dont get me started on Athrun

Yes i do hope shinn does a get major role in the upcoming movie or if ever a GS3... But just like you grandmaster192 i dont think its gonna hapen If anything he will become just a supporting character with no big importance.

But hopefully Fukuda does a 180 degrees on us and gives us all a surprise
Old 2007-07-19, 23:54   Link #269
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

You are all forgetting that Kira Yamato is another word for Luuuuuuuuuuke Skywalker. Only thing missing from Kira is the "Emerald" Lightning.

So no, I don't believe that Kira would be Anakin, because He's not as powerful as his son is now.
Old 2007-07-20, 01:48   Link #270
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Shinn = Anakin? LOL!

Old 2007-07-20, 02:13   Link #271
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Shinn = Anakin? LOL!
Nah, I like Anakin but, Shinn is a hell of alot cool then he was. How about Shinn=Zuko?
Old 2007-07-20, 02:17   Link #272
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

How bout Shinn's fate = Anakin's fate?

With Destiny Gundam's limbs mirroring Anakin's arms and legs...

~NOW THAT'S SCIENCE~ (Beamsaber sound-effets as this is said)
Old 2007-07-20, 02:38   Link #273
grandmaster192

Err... Shinn's attitude and personality is more like Zuko's then Anakin's. Anakin was kinda soft. Shinn, like Zuko, take shit from no one. Shinn's fate is a bit different... Alot different, actually. Shinn was redeemed, Anakin turned into a cool evil person.
Old 2007-07-20, 02:50   Link #274
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Redeemed? Pfft...I won't go any further with this...
Old 2007-07-20, 02:58   Link #275
grandmaster192

Quote:
^Redeemed? Pfft...I won't go any further with this...
Even if it was stupid, lame, out of character, never shoulda happened, ect... he was redeemed. He magicly seen the light and error of his ways....

How wasn't it redemption, though? He was fighting against team Kira and was one of the bad guys in the final... It's like saying Shinn didn't get his ass kicked just because he was fighting a far weaker pilot. Just because we don't like something doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Old 2007-07-20, 03:01   Link #276
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

No I acknowledge that it happened, but redemption is a subjective term...One I don't subscribe to in this case...You're welcome to eat those peanuts, I'll pass...

Oh BTW Anakin got his "redemption" in episode 6...
Old 2007-07-20, 03:04   Link #277
grandmaster192

Then what exectly would you call it?
Old 2007-07-20, 03:12   Link #278
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I don't know what to call it...What was he redemed for? For following orders from his commander? For fighting a MS that was trying to fight his mothership and mission base? For being a roadblock to the old cast?

So I don't know what to call it, but one term kinda came to me...

Spoiler for ...:

In any event this discussion is off-topic and I'll spare my haters another Shinn debate, so see it as you will...
Old 2007-07-20, 07:44   Link #279
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192 View Post
Alot different, actually. Shinn was redeemed, Anakin turned into a cool evil person.
Sorry grandmaster i respect your opinion but i disagree

(Just giving warning here)

Quote:
I don't know what to call it...What was he redemed for? For following orders from his commander? For fighting a MS that was trying to fight his mothership and mission base? For being a roadblock to the old cast?
I do agree with wingdarkness here

I dont understand y he had to redeem himself by shaking kiras hands.

Ill break this down.

Kira aka moses yamato :

Thief: Stoled Gundam Freedom)
Terrorist: Joined Clyne faction and Fought against EA and ZAFT and destroyed countless military assets with stolen zaft military equipment by using freedom)

In RL he would of had a death warrant by multiple nations for multiple crimes. ( i dont have to explain why either)

Wow Kira really is a good boy!!!!

Im sure if i stoled a tank and blew up a few military buildings coz i disliked govenments reasons for entering a war, im sure that i would be considered walking in the path of righteous.

Athrun: aka Team hopper

Thief: Stoled miltary equpment: Justice Gundum
Terrorist: Joined clyne Faction twice and destroyed military assets from zaft)
Traitor: Oh yeah he did after all point his guns and pull the trigger at his own fellow men multiple times in the series. Not to mention he defected not once but twice when surely he would of sworn an oath to protect and serve ZAFT.

Seriouse crimes here....... normally high treason or execution for stealing and/or defecting depending which country you serve.

I guess most people wish to ignore his crimes here and beleive his actions are just and on the path of righteous.

Lucas aka Pink princess:

Thief: Stoled Freedom as well as that pink ship
Terrorist: Joined/Created Team Clyne Faction known to oppose all goverments that are at war at each other.
Traitor: Um yeah what can i say... she gave the order for countless of ZAFT soldiers deaths that are her own countrymen.

Wow she is perfect in deceiving in many ways including the deaths of zaft personal without people really noticing. If only the general populace back in zaft knew she was the commander of the pink ship. i wonder if they would treat her like a princess or a traitor... too bad nobody has exposed her yet.

Shinn:
Obeying orders
Obeying more orders
Following orders
killing his enamies
Killing more eneamies
Following more orders
Killing lots of eneamies
Returning a POW back to his enaemy (Refering to stella)
Took responsibility for his actions (he came back... YES with his gundam back to minerva where he was sent to the brig) OH MY!!!!!! He didnt defect like some team hopper i know instead took responsibility and was awaiting for discilplinary action.
Following orders again
killing more eneamies
Obeying Orders to kill a long overdue traitor (refering to athrun here)

WOW what can i say???? Shinn was doing what a soldier was meant to do....following orders and killing his nations eneamies...... my my pls help me here to understand y is he black listed as a bad guy?????

So y does he have to redeem himself to TEAM traitors and terrorists?????

Back on topic:

Either way if there is a GS3 ill still watch it regardless of outcome... but i just hope GS3 will be the beginning of the end for TEAM Kira... But for now i can only wish
Old 2007-07-20, 08:02   Link #280
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
So y does he have to redeem himself to TEAM traitors and terrorists?????
Because no one likes Shinn?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep