AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-28, 05:03   Link #4061
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

just read it.
Isumi with "what the" face really funny.
Now, gonna wait myself for a stinkin week to get chapter 247
Old 2009-10-28, 05:54   Link #4062
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Damn, I can't believe Hayate or Himuro or Kotetsu aren't one of the strongest in the series. Maybe he's excluding Nonohara because he's been written out...which means he can be conveniently visiting Greece and come to the rescue!...but not likely.

I'd say that Hayate certainly has to have the highest defensive power in the series, the stuff he's survived is down right outrageous. So I bet that Midas can attack Hayate and the butler will just take all of it and keep on standing up, maybe wear out Midas so he can talk to Athena while he's weak. It's sort of like that scenario where you have an unstoppable force and an unmovable object, though I've seen variants where this didn't work. Maybe...they can turn Midas' own attacks back against him...with Sakuya's fan...by having Hayate make horrible puns and jumping out of the way in time...yeah, that could work.

Well that's my idea, what do you guys have?
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 08:21   Link #4063
ninetail1989
Dreamer

aww...all these stuff u guys talk about...too bad for me...i got up till chapter 245 but..i stop reading up till 19x....cause i got many gaps in between...and i cant seem to find the chapters..i am missing chapter 205-213 ====8 chapters missing...lol..dont really wan to read till i find all these missing chapters
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 09:11   Link #4064
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

I think their powers differ at times for convenience sake. Hayate's power level rises depending on the situation and the one he's protecting. I wonder how much it would increase for protecting Isumin' and Sakuya?

I'd like to stay optimistic, but I don't see it ending well, unless Sonia & Machi return, and help them? Certainly Machi can't be THAT dense not to notice the change in Athena.

But he almost killed Hayate already...

Not like he cared, though..

Who's excited for possible spoilers tomorrow? I know I am for a change! xD
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 10:10   Link #4065
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
He said they have the highest offensive power, that's it.
Hmm, no butler that could go Super Saiyan? Man, I guess Yakitate Japan had better parodies than HnG did, funnier too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah
I think their powers differ at times for convenience sake. Hayate's power level rises depending on the situation and the one he's protecting. I wonder how much it would increase for protecting Isumin' and Sakuya?
I just think that Hayate just doesn't go 100% at all times (imagine Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho). Who knows? There might be some deep mystery about this and it somehow has a connection with his deep wounds 10 years ago. Or I might be just messing around and just simply whine about Hayate's inevitable defeat to Machina.
Quote:
I'd like to stay optimistic, but I don't see it ending well, unless Sonia & Machi return, and help them? Certainly Machi can't be THAT dense not to notice the change in Athena.
Unless his job is to suppress that damn ghost back into her.

Quote:
Not like he cared, though..
about Hayate? Anybody wouldn't. He's a frickin' doom magnet, not to mention very suspicious looking.

Meh I'm getting bored over the series.. Anybody help me in knowing why? Even I don't.. I just don't have that excitement anymore.

And oh, at the last page judging from what Athena said my prediction would be that someone will save the day (most common route) and have a safe escape. Or Nagi would be another person with a hidden magical power (second route) because of a whole page in an earlier chapter where she had magic balls on her hand. Or Hayate go sacrifice himself getting nearly killed and reach Athena (most least likely but I prefer this route).

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-10-28 at 10:22.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 10:50   Link #4066
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Hm...so they're going serious about the batte scene just like they said it would be. Though, looking at it, I understand that they're still not used to draw a battle scene but IMO, it's still quite good ~

for some reasons, Isumi's amulet reminds me of Reimu.... >_>;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:14   Link #4067
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
about Hayate? Anybody wouldn't. He's a frickin' doom magnet, not to mention very suspicious looking.
Lol... Now I'm starting to pity him from your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Meh I'm getting bored over the series.. Anybody help me in knowing why? Even I don't.. I just don't have that excitement anymore.

And oh, at the last page judging from what Athena said my prediction would be that someone will save the day (most common route) and have a safe escape. Or Nagi would be another person with a hidden magical power (second route) because of a whole page in an earlier chapter where she had magic balls on her hand. Or Hayate go sacrifice himself getting nearly killed and reach Athena (most least likely but I prefer this route).
Can't handle the cliffhangers? More like, they're all cheap cliffhangers with little impact. It would be about time that Hata ends a chapter normally, and in the next chapter surprises everyone with a huge twist. For example, the apparent defeat of Midas, who then rises again and stabs Hayate through his chest. That would be so much win!

Ah, Nagi's delicious tears... Heheheh...

Okay, but no, really, the drama... ahhh... I can only wish~
Old 2009-10-28, 11:17   Link #4068
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Yeah hayate! THIS IS A GOOD SIGN TO GROW UP; AND STOP TALKING INDIRECTLY, is TIME to be A MAN and TALK DIRECTLY TO HER IS THE ONLY FREAKING WAY, DAMMIT NO MORE MISUNDERSTANDINGS MOMMEH, i think this will be one of those moments where the main char of a manga grows up
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:31   Link #4069
Rah

Umm...

Hayata is very direct and almost too blunt at times! He's learning to control that part of himself. Remember that in the EoTW arc, he already confessed to Athena. She's the one who's being indirect. She didn't tell him once that she loves him.

GO AYUMU END!!!!!!!
Old 2009-10-28, 12:00   Link #4070
zodanhko
*ignoring*

During the EoTW arc, Hayate sure was much more daring and determinate with Athena. After his separation with Athena, you can say that he lost confidence in dealing with girls, influenced his directness. Right now, he needs to do those "daring acts" again, just speak his feelings directly WITHOUT any misunderstand this time, please o god.

Athena takes action, walk to walk...Words are lame.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:15   Link #4071
Rah

Nuh-uh! He's just doing what she told him. He thinks that he's not capable of taking care of a girl, so that's why he doesn't even try. But with Athena... and with the realization of his own feelings (took him) during the Hina date.

Plus, the picture that has everyone depicted as not being "the same", excluding Nagi & Athena...

Hmm..

Well, let's just wish for a quick resolution of this battle.

Edit~

Oh, yeah. Is this a bad translation, or does Isumin' know Athena?
Spoiler for "She is not by nature the type of person":

You can't say such a thing unless you know them. Weird...

Last edited by Rah; 2009-10-28 at 13:15.
Old 2009-10-28, 14:09   Link #4072
Used Can

I don't think it'd be odd if Isumi knew about Athena. That, or there may be some explanation about Isumi being able to read people, or something like that.
Old 2009-10-28, 14:27   Link #4073
zodanhko
*ignoring*

True, the money issues may be a problem; however he stated a few times that he is not good in dealing with girls, and that no girl would like him which indicated he has no confidence with girls. But of course, these issues are irrelevant when the girl is Athena.

I think when Isumi said "not by nature the type of person" referred to the incredible power that Athena has. Type of person(person with strong power) by nature would not get possessed. Which lead Isumi to another theory that Athena got possessed due to great despair even though, naturally, Athena should not get possessed due to her great power.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-28 at 14:54.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 15:27   Link #4074
Rah

Money is always an issue, but his self esteem is the true problem. Plus, the words that Athena etched in his skull. How he's unable to take care of a girl for these and those reasons... (half of it is BS, because she wanted to monopolize him and his innocent mind). Who wouldn't if they were presented with such a golden opportunity, but had a big fear of separation?

Uhmm..

Isumin' Isumin'...

zodanhko, what you said just might be true. But it all depends on the perspective you look at "good and evil". If Isumi doesn't know Athena, then how can she know if it wasn't on purpose that she let him possess her? Perhaps she desired more power, and so on... <--- not true, just an example.

Come on, everyone hope for early spoilers tomorrow!!
Old 2009-10-28, 17:04   Link #4075
Himegami Akane

Well, i'm finally back... i was doing some irrelevant things like sleeping,eating,back sleeping and continue to sleep...

Well, hope this arc ends next week, and everything get solved already...

Now i'm going again... sleeping (lately i wasn't sleeping too well)...
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:12   Link #4076
Wolfnagi

I think Isumi might know Athena from school because Athena is Hakuou Chairman and Isumi study at Hakuou
Old 2009-10-28, 19:36   Link #4077
aldw

It's time like this that it would be nice to have someone like Takumi Atsuta and his god-slaying sword or Kamijyo Touma and his Imagine Breaker to deal with scum like Midas...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:39   Link #4078
Himegami Akane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi
I think Isumi might know Athena from school because Athena is Hakuou Chairman and Isumi study at Hakuou
I don't think so... Hina said that Athena stopped going to Hakuou for a long time... so if Isumi knows Athena from somewhere i don't think it will be from Hakuou...

But even so, i can't think of some other place for they meet each other... i don't know if Athena go walk around anytime...

The only places we know Athena had go was Hakuou and RG (And the castle where she is right now)... so i can't believe they know each other...

And besides, if they know each other, Athena didn't asked who was Isumi and Sakuya, she might remembered they if they meeted... don't you think so??

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is so fun....so much........blood......BLOOD....!!!
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:57   Link #4079
Wolfnagi

what I mean is Isumi might know Athena because she is HAKUOU CHAIRMAN!!
Old 2009-10-28, 21:39   Link #4080
Rah

You're watching Higurashi, eh? Yeah, it's decent, but not worthy of watching again like some other anime. Well, I'm sure that you'll enjoy your first run through it. Quite an interesting turn of events in the second season.

I should play the VN sometime, if I can get back into the whole VN mood, and of course if I get the time. It's no fun to play for under two hours a day, or similar. Oh, well....

Anyway, can someone *looks at Koroshiya_Kame_13 with puppy dog eyes* translate the HnG character songs?

The links are here, and they've been already translated, but it's literally translated from Japanese characters to the English alphabet. - No idea how that helps... lol

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/hayate2/ (just scroll down a bit)

Well, if it's not too much trouble, can someone *quickly glances at Koroshiya_Kame_13* translate a song or two? I'd like Kimi Fan, but if you have a favorite you could do that one.

If you do this, you'll be forever blessed by me, and your life will be prolonged by 1 minute. With possible side effects....

^_^

Tags
comedy, shounen