4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-29, 18:26   Link #81
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

The tactical advantage of the new G Ware system is that now both the Core Fighter and the G-Cepter are fighting capable when operated independently, and when a new Ware is deployed to the battle field it is also independently capable, whereas before the Wares are dumb parts when not on the Gundam.

At least that's what the model says. It's pretty much just a spin on the ZZ Gundam docking system, at least Flit was smart enough to make the cockpits dock as well and not like in ZZ where top fighter's cockpit sits at the butt of the beam rifle(!).
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:28   Link #82
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And at least the Core Block system feels like an evolution of the original AMEMBO Wear Exchange.
Old 2012-04-29, 18:37   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Was ready to come in here with a "once again they screw Asemu over", but then they bring up him being missing. If they were going to kill him off it'd be flashy, if he's missing I have no doubt he'll turn up again. I'm not sure how they are going to use him though. Could have him turn up with important information or maybe have him be controlled by the Vegans somehow and need Kio and Zeheart to team up down the road to save him. Either way I expect to see Asemu in this series again.

Kio would appear to be one heck of a talented X-Rounder though, maybe even surpassing Flit. No help at all, but he started sensing things way off in the distance. Guess the Super Pilot stuff only lasted a generation, but maybe he'll be a combination that has Flit's X-Rounder abilities and Asemu's talent for piloting.

In terms of Flit still going to need time to read him. Certainly more around this child than Asemu, but that's because he's older. Seems like he took an extra step with Kio in having him even more prepared for when he stepped into a Gundam. With Asemu it was instilling a sense that he had to protect everyone and his natural talent took hold in the first first, but in this case he really trained Kio for it. No idea how Asemu's disappearance affected him. He wasn't there for Kio's birth, but maybe Asemu's disappearance shocked him out of genocide mode. Bringing up being a savior for the first time in a while though. We'll just have to wait and see with this older Flit. Didn't turn Kio into being hateful, but didn't mind training the kid to fight in his war either.

Certainly Kio retains the sense of not being able to leave people in danger and doing what he can to help.

That is one ridiculous 'rifle' though. It's a freaking cannon.
Old 2012-04-29, 18:39   Link #84
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'll give you the bit about Zant, but let's face it--what the Vagans want dead isn't the Asunos themselves, but the Gundam. They don't consider the family the true threat--remember how they didn't blow up the mansion whenever they fought the AGE-1 on Toridia?
Then there's no point to what you just said about the Asuno family being public enemy #1. In fact, Flit should just keep the Gundam away from the family and find a way to utilize its technology in a manner that would scale better to the entire Federation forces.
Quote:
And there's nothing to say that whatever Zant was going to shoot the Minister with wouldn't kill Flit in the process. We'll never know thanks to Asem, though.
Normally, I'd agree with you. In fact, that's what I thought should've happened last episode. But the fact that they bothered showing Zant actually targeting the Minister's forehead is just …
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:55   Link #85
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Then there's no point to what you just said about the Asuno family being public enemy #1. In fact, Flit should just keep the Gundam away from the family and find a way to utilize its technology in a manner that would scale better to the entire Federation forces. Normally, I'd agree with you. In fact, that's what I thought should've happened last episode. But the fact that they bothered showing Zant actually targeting the Minister's forehead is just …
The Vagans likely know that targeting the family itself is pointless; the AGE System was already created so killing the family couldn't stop the System from still working.

If the Gundam was hidden away from the family, chances are the Vagans would still target the Asunos to try and get data on where it's hidden. Better to just have it nearby, ready to go, because the Vagans will almost assuredly attack them.
Old 2012-04-29, 19:05   Link #86
monster

Quote:
If the Gundam was hidden away from the family, chances are the Vagans would still target the Asunos to try and get data on where it's hidden. Better to just have it nearby, ready to go, because the Vagans will almost assuredly attack them.
Or, actually use the Gundam so the Vagan won't have any reason to be looking for it in a civilian area. At the very least, keep it inside the Diva or some military base.
Old 2012-04-29, 19:31   Link #87
justsomeguy

* "The Vagan's plan to invade Earth with their fortress was stopped, and the Earth was protected." WTF? The Vagans successfully dropped their survivors onto the planet. The plan succeeded.
* Yeah, Asemu's probably alive. "Going missing" is practically an indication that a character would return and kick ass.
* Why exactly did nobody return to the colonies?
* Finally an appropriate OP song. There's a pirate faction!? The Vagans have their own Gundam!? Purple-hair girl! The Diva (still in use after ~60 years!? The EF didn't build anything better during all that time?)
* Vagan's city doesn't match their technological prowess at all. Did they spend all of their efforts on their ships and MS?
* After a big battle to defend the place last season, it's rather disconcerting to see Big Ring get one-shotted like that. And to have the Vagans sneak up so close, it's as if the EF has no assets further out.
* Dorene. Characters don't get focus like that unless they're important. She's suspicious as hell.
* Typical Vagan behavior, they attack the city right off the bat instead of using their stealth to go for the military base.
* The EF is obviously incompetent too. The Vagans had no problem sending agents and manufacturing an MS army on Earth for the past 20 years.
* Kio jumps out of a moving car and onto his scooter. Either he's very fit, or the scooter has stabilizers.
* The way it's animated, AGE-3 seems a bit slimmer than the promotion images indicated.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 19:45   Link #88
cyberdemon

Quote:
* Finally an appropriate OP song. There's a pirate faction!? The Vagans have their own Gundam!? Purple-hair girl! The Diva (still in use after ~60 years!? The EF didn't build anything better during all that time?)
warship will still be used for decades after they are built in the real world before they are decommissioned. They don't just stop using them because newer technology comes out. They're more likely to upgrade the ship.
Old 2012-04-29, 19:49   Link #89
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
* "The Vagan's plan to invade Earth with their fortress was stopped, and the Earth was protected." WTF? The Vagans successfully dropped their survivors onto the planet. The plan succeeded.
The Vagans plan to invade Earth with their fortress was stopped. They failed to stop the Federation forces and take control of the colony and use that as a forward base to invade. And the Downes was destroyed, preventing it from accidentally crashing into the planet.

Hence, the Earth was protected. They were not lying there.
Old 2012-04-29, 19:52   Link #90
Nivek von Beldo

This Episode was simple Amazing, at least in this generation we start with the right foot(and will be pretty well so long)

much point have been discuted to follow for the next chapter.

Already for the next chapter Kio will face his first 'Elite' the old lov... Friend of his Dad... Zeharto in a head-to-head, I think here Flit via advice or direct control will assist Kio, unless Kio as THE PINNACLE OF HUMAN EVOLUTION, will easily do what take year to his dad... outperform Zehart.

And then the plot thicken, Lord Ezelcant was in Permanent Keikaku Doori so well(heck even like good antagonist make public his intetion at the start), still waiting for a big reveal(like being Flit's Dad or something similar)

In general i hope this generation to be long... for a mile sense to be the best one.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:30   Link #91
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Okay, we have Flit Mk.2 (complete with X-rounder powers!) and Emily Mk.2. Now where's Yurin Mk.2? I have my heart prepared this time... I think.

As for mecha, new Gundam looks badass. I'm a big fan of the design.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:48   Link #92
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

looking forward to the next episode this week!!!

Liking the age 3 BFG , i do hope it has rapid fire modes , or it will hurt it usefulness overtime
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:51   Link #93
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
not just MOE vagan. Kino got the hottest blond girl for his bride lucky guy.

His gundam also reminds me of virtue or the second one of Tiera ( I can't remember their gundam names ) in one of the pictures in 2ch.
Got to admit that Kio got the hottest girl in the 3 generation. Speaking of which, anyone notice that Zeheart's unit look like Eva Unit 2 XD?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:57   Link #94
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Then there's no point to what you just said about the Asuno family being public enemy #1. In fact, Flit should just keep the Gundam away from the family and find a way to utilize its technology in a manner that would scale better to the entire Federation forces. Normally, I'd agree with you. In fact, that's what I thought should've happened last episode. But the fact that they bothered showing Zant actually targeting the Minister's forehead is just …
The AGE system is the key. That's all you need and so far the Federation has done a good job of utilizing it which shows in the Genoace II, Adeles, and now their new MP transformers.

So it makes sense for the Gundam AGE 3 to have the AGE system with the core fighter in order to protect it if something went sour in battle.

Quote:
* The EF is obviously incompetent too. The Vagans had no problem sending agents and manufacturing an MS army on Earth for the past 20 years.
There's a lot of incompetence on both sides it's a miracle no one's captilized on that...yet.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:06   Link #95
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Like the start of this new arc, pretty good so far altho have to count me as one thats not a big fan of the AGE-3.
Think it's just kinda a mismatch of parts, like throwing load of parts in to a blender and seeing what comes out of the other end.
While I'm not fond of the overall look of the AGE-3 it did have one kick ass entrance tho, quite enjoyed that.
Flit gets cooler with age

Quote:
Got to admit that Kio got the hottest girl in the 3 generation.
That I can agree with
Wendy is alot more of a looker than the other girls were at that age.

Now there is one nice surprise is I heard Rina Satou at one point in the ep and I was all "Kyyyaa!" and then at the end the preview shows she will be the new captain of the Diva?!
That right there puts this arc way ahead of the previous ones already
Old 2012-04-29, 21:12   Link #96
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The AGE system is the key. That's all you need and so far the Federation has done a good job of utilizing it which shows in the Genoace II, Adeles, and now their new MP transformers.
I still think they could've done more in 30+ years.
Quote:
So it makes sense for the Gundam AGE 3 to have the AGE system with the core fighter in order to protect it if something went sour in battle.
I'm not saying it should be otherwise.
Quote:
There's a lot of incompetence on both sides it's a miracle no one's captilized on that...yet.
Finally, something I can agree with you.
Old 2012-04-29, 23:13   Link #97
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I still think they could've done more in 30+ years.
Fine if you want to argue that way how about this part.

If the Vagans had the ability to hide hundreds of 60ft Robots in plain sight in close proximity to Military bases (Imagine Osama Bin Laden but a dozen times and near US military bases), have a giant ray of death that can materalize right in front of a fortress, couldn't they have spent the resources and efforts instead to take out the Federation from within in a much faster time frame?

Initiate a coup, then slaughter the people and take over.

Man if I was in command of the Vagans I would've won this war and taken back the Utopia within 2-3 months, not over a hundred years....there are parts of this story that just doesn't make any logical sense.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 00:06   Link #98
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm very impressed with this final arc in Gundam AGE.

Asemu's obviously controls the skull-masked Mobile Suit/GUNDAM(modified/rebuilt AGE-2?).

Damn Vagan and their Gundam monstrocity.

And I'm glad Kio's an X-Rounder!

I was skeptical on the AGE-3 before this episode, but this thing totally trumps the previous Gundams.

Will they finally bring the fight to Vagan this time????
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 00:25   Link #99
Dark Wing

Quote:
It was intelligent to train Kio to fight--if it happens, he'd be able to fight properly. Kio certainly did a better job than Asem did when he first used a Gundam, and as a result he was able to take down three enemy MS.

Sure, his desire to destroy the Vagans surely factors into it, but Flit's smart. He'd know it'd be suicide to not make sure that there's capable pilots in the family, especially with his son missing and possibly dead. It helps that Kio is reasonably intelligent and resourceful, and his age helps his hand-eye coordination, combined with that game... he's the best choice for a pilot in the family. He's getting up in years, Romary's military training was for bridge crew, and his daughter's a medic, so none of them were viable choices to pilot the Gundam should the Vagans return.
If true this would be both awesome and creepy at the same time. Romary has no idea her son is being trained to be a child soldier in order to appease his grandfathers thirst for revenge. She is just glad her son has a strong positive male role model.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:28   Link #100
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She might know. He'll likely have explained it to her if that's truly the case, and you have to admit--it's not an unwise decision to make. Kio is the best choice in the family to make a pilot in case things go south, with Asem missing.

Tags
weekly episode discussion