Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-31, 12:56   Link #1
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Question Yume Tsukai

Quote:
Mishima Touko and Mishima Rinko are "Dream Users", people who have power of the "world of dreams". Their job is to solve mysteries and fight evil in this dream world (created by the human spirit). At the request of a middle-school student named Nakajima Kei, they investigate the mystery of a dead girl from two years ago, and a seemingly related incident where twenty-four girls all became pregnant, but never delivered. The 24 girls were all from the same class as the dead girl. The mystery grows to encompass the entire school as well as a legend thousands of years old...

*based on the manga by Ueshiba Riichi, who is known for his bizarre stories that usually contain a mix of eastern mysticism, classical literature references, unusual sex (normally involve middle- or high-schoolers), and mystery.
I didn't really pay attention to this at first, but someone in another thread posted a comment about this anime becoming disturbing. This comment, coupled with the fact that the character designs for this look light hearted, has made me wonder if this is the Narutaru, Alien Nine or Uta Kata esque series I've been wishing for.

Maybe those who have read the manga can tell us about this without spoiling...
Old 2006-03-31, 13:40   Link #2
NeoSam

Both Narutaru and Yume Tsukai are serialized in the same seinen(young men's) magazine Afternoon.

I'm watching this because I loved Narutaru, also that I'll watch any anime based on a manga from Afternoon magazine (Ah! My Goddess, Mushishi, ...)

I'll post the covers of the seinen manga:

夢使い
Yume Tsukai

http://www.yumetsukai.com/

Broadcast: April 2006

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Afternoon.
For now there are 6 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Behind strange events that suddenly occur in daily life, there must be someone’s dream.

Dream (Yume) - it is to imagine something strongly. The dream sometimes goes beyond one’s mind, and comes into existance in real life. The dream that crosses the border becomes nightmare, and asks for troubles.

The Yume Tsukai, such as Mishima Toko and Renko, uses his own shamanic power to calms nightmares. Then, he finds the owner of dream, and makes the dream into what it should be.
Genre: Seinen, Fantasy, Comedy

Band of the Hawks group has scanlated the first 3 volumes of the manga: Manganews.
Old 2006-03-31, 17:07   Link #3
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Hey! I've seen that manga laying around!

If this is gonna be anything like NaruTaru (hopefully with a better budget) I'm totally in. I loved that show. I started reading the manga but it's the Darkhorse one which, from what I've read is cut to hell So I stopped.
Old 2006-03-31, 17:22   Link #4
shadowplay
passive observer

Actually I don't think manga is anything like Narutaru. What might be uneasy in YT for some is heavy loli factor, and some of the weird sexual/surreal/psychedelic imagery. Though there's lot of humor and cuteness for a comic relief.
Old 2006-04-01, 02:54   Link #5
lavielove

Mishima Touko
Favourite Drinks :See the picture
Powerful techniques : kick,punch,magic notes

Toko is a owner of WARABE YUUSAI toy store.She used to wear a fox mask inherited from her father and as a momento.She's a powerful dream-user as well as a recruiter for new team members.Toko and Rinko are sisters and their father Misama Hiroki died five years ago.

What she used to wear is a Gym uniform from old school.She used to wear dress and the very fanservice we had a chance to get from her is this ^_^

Like the other dream-users she use broom god to infuse herself with a toy put inside a god's broom.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-25 at 13:00. Reason: thread title changed from Yume Tsukai,the next Narutaru? to Yume Tsukai.So I removed the line "oh....is this an official thread for yume tsukai ?.... sad.."
Old 2006-04-01, 03:55   Link #6
Keitarou
Ninja

Yeah, shadowplay did pretty much encapsulate it. Ueshiba Riichi's works are weird and pretty sick but in a whole different way than for example Narutaru. The heavy loli depictment, the whole background with sexual connotations all over, the moe styled characters - no matter the age, it also doesn't safe itself on the loli jokes (Tachibana rocks! - Tomokazu Seki as his voice, that's truly a bless). It's got also quite a lot of "transformations" which are far beyond weird, it's just...ugh...most of the time.

Iirc it does tone down a bit in the second arc but the first arc starts off in such a blatant way that it makes me really wonder how they'll converse all of its points. And leaving even bits of the worse stuff out would completely destroy the plot.

The manga is truly a great and different piece and a read is recommendable, as long as you keep open-minded of course, else you'll be pissed off already at page 3 of the first chapter. :P

Anyway, it's not like Narutaru, in neither its plot or execution and it also lacks the gore level of Narutaru, actually it's pretty free from that thanks to those transformations. But it is also pretty weird and sick in its own way even more than Narutaru ever was. :P

Oh and if they'll really go all the way and animate it like it's in the manga I already predict countless pages of people complaining about "omg, lolis, sick!!!111". =P

Five days left till airing, can't wait...can't wait...
Old 2006-04-01, 06:47   Link #7
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou

Oh and if they'll really go all the way and animate it like it's in the manga I already predict countless pages of people complaining about "omg, lolis, sick!!!111". =P

Five days left till airing, can't wait...can't wait...
Hearing people's responses about this is going to be great
I really hope they will follow the manga and completely follow everything from the first volume *evil smirk*
Old 2006-04-01, 06:55   Link #8
Scribble
Sloth

I'm tempted to read the manga, but I want to be surprised.
I don't really get any joy from seeing something I've already read animated, for some reason.
Old 2006-04-01, 09:33   Link #9
Ramen89

Just read the first chapter and I think its pretty fair to say its suitably f*cked up, I'll give the anime ago anyway because Madhouse are animating it (I think).
Old 2006-04-01, 15:45   Link #10
Fel
Clean up princess

That thread title sure caught me!

Please report back to us on how similar they are once it airs.
If it is in the same vein, I'll definitely have to give it a whirl.
Old 2006-04-01, 17:57   Link #11
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

I've also read the manga, and yes I'll be difinetly be whatching this.
First time I saw the picture of this anime I didnt really give this a second look, but seeing opinions from some at 4chan I just had to give this a go. I'm surprised on how different this is compare to anything else I've seen, lets hope it doesnt get toned down as much.
Old 2006-04-01, 19:02   Link #12
Scribble
Sloth

I tried reading the first chapter, and I do wonder if they'll animate certain parts from it, like
Spoiler:

I agree, Yume Tsukai is pretty disturbing in its own way...and I've just read the first chapter.
Old 2006-04-03, 14:33   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just read some of the manga. My reaction: WTF!!! How on earth does this get published as a "general comic", let alone as an anime? How they adapt it is going to be a story in itself. Let's see: "lesbian" underage sex, underage drinking, child pregnancy, cannibalism. Shall I go on? And still it's kind of sweet, in its way.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-03 at 16:51.
Old 2006-04-03, 17:13   Link #14
lavielove

This thread going will become anti-Yume Tsukai thread later on if the junkies come and complain after reading the manga take it easy guys, it's still better than crap-link =P [jk]. it's not the main characters who were doing those kind of stuffs, right [even hajime is just a talk]. Blame the airing time that giving us enough time to dig out all those *hush hush* things from the manga. 8th april is still along time to wait. Originally 4th April isn't it?

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-03 at 17:24.
Old 2006-04-03, 17:27   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, I'll keep things hush-hush, lol. I wasn't actually complaining, just amazed. Supposed to air at 2:30 am next Saturday night. The official site is growing. It says Kawasumi Ayako (!) will play Mishima Touko and Hisakawa Aya (!) will play Mishima Misako. Mishima Rinko is played by Shindou Kei, a newcomer. The site doesn't give a seiyuu for Nakajima Kei, so perhaps she plays a much smaller role in the anime.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-03 at 17:38.
Old 2006-04-07, 07:12   Link #16
lavielove

Yume tsukai site updated already. damn.. just before a day before airing.sagawa button is still un-clickabled.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-07 at 10:56.
Old 2006-04-07, 14:59   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just noticed that the director of Yume Tsukai, Yamazaki Kazuo, directed Maison Ikkoku and Please Save My Earth. So (a) he's been around a while, and (b) he knows what he's doing, at least in terms of telling a story. He also did storyboards for s-CRY-ed, Infinite Ryvius, and Argento Soma.
Old 2006-04-07, 18:32   Link #18
Akirasuto.

I am interested to see how much of the "heavy" content the anime will adapt, since that's what make it unique.
Old 2006-04-07, 20:04   Link #19
lavielove

Yeah, good if he[Yamazaki Kazou] know.Yesterday the rank for Yume Tsukai was 18 and today went up to 15 [the stat could be changed].

For the uniqueness of the show,honestly I don't expect the show to be so unique.One thing is that I don't want to be disappointed after watching the show because I overrated it.The hype of the show was also added by the cosplay factor,so hard to predict.Character design,needless to say, it's unique.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-07 at 20:26.
Old 2006-04-07, 22:42   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
...Yesterday the rank for Yume Tsukai was 18 and today went up to 15....
Thanks for turning me on to that ranking page at Shoubai Calendar. The notes say ranks are based on the options chosen by registered users of the site, which lays out the TV schedule for every anime broadcast in Japan. If they choose not to show a title in their schedule, it loses points; if they choose to highlight a title, it gets points. I would guess that the site caters to the same clientele as 2channel's anime board: otaku and other strong anime fans. That would explain why a shoujo/josei title like Nana is so low. I expect it will be higher in actual viewer numbers, but time will tell. Glad to see Suzumiya Haruhi getting the love it deserves.
Closed Thread