AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 03:43   Link #461
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

no trans in english so i can particpate in this thread
Old 2011-12-17, 11:40   Link #462
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Don't know for Chris' end...so far, only read 4 and 5. Translations are pretty slow, perhaps due to the Chinese licence.
Quoting me post, I just leant that Vhinese V.6 just went out in Chinese fan-translation. December 15. Yay.

I wonder if it's possible that Ayumu is someone 'more than a zombie'...
Old 2012-01-06, 01:07   Link #463
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Oh a little bit of warning though, none of the Masou Shoujo are "good guys", it's established in the novel but never in the anime. There's a reason they fight megalo not in their own world, they rather have humans die or human's world get destroyed.
Quote:
It's pretty obvious once you think about it. We have the Megalo who are the source of dark powers, and we have the Masou Shoujo who use neutral magic. Yet what is clearly missing is a source of pure goodness, or holiness, anywhere.

Megalo do not have a holy counterpart. The result is that the only source of "holy" power is good food and beautiful music; Pleasant things in life ended up being the equivalent of holy talismans that can banish Megalos.

In short, this is a world where there are plenty of demons, but no angels. Humans are truly on our own. No one is going to answer even if they pray, as they got no one to hear their cries.
Quote:
Just because the story has humour doesn't make the world they are in any less sucky. I mean, your only choice in that world is 1. Go to Hell 2. Reincarnate to the same sucky Earth 3. Have your soul eaten and die permanently.

All of a sudden the wish to be a penguin feels like strange. Without a paradise, and with the human world being so horrible, one could imagine life as a penguin being far more carefree. It's nothing to do with being an immortal and want to die; the badguy just can't handle the fact that the world doesn't HAVE a future, that there will be war for an eternity because there is no avatar of goodness to make it all right.

He asked to be a penguin; if he truly wanted to die, he could have requested that his soul be destroyed. So it seems he want to reincarnate as a lower animal species because then he doesn't have to worry about the universe anymore.
I discovered these statements from A Certain Imageboard, and it gives a darker image of the humorous world of Koreha Zombie Desuka.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:49   Link #464
Athena
The Power of One

I think some are bit too deep for Korezon (and A Certain Imageboard).
Old 2012-01-06, 20:09   Link #465
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
and it gives a darker image of the humorous world of Koreha Zombie Desuka.
Huh, didn't know this either (well, I've only seen the anime after all)... So the world of Koreha Zombie Desuka is in essence a sort of "Devil But No God (from tvtropes)" kind of world? Interesting...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 20:18   Link #466
Xacual

Quote:
I discovered these statements from A Certain Imageboard, and it gives a darker image of the humorous world of Koreha Zombie Desuka.
I took part in that thread yesterday, it was a good one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 21:19   Link #467
Athena
The Power of One

BTW, is there a release dare for the next volume?
Old 2012-01-06, 21:30   Link #468
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

The next volume coming out on April with OVA.
Old 2012-01-06, 21:35   Link #469
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I think some are bit too deep for Korezon (and A Certain Imageboard).
Decent discussions like this are a relative rarity in A Certain Imageboard. And when they appear, it's a good read.
Anyway, I'm anticipating the second season of the anime series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-01-06, 23:37   Link #470
Kyouka
Is Here

can anyone Pm he info all about chris?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 00:03   Link #471
Athena
The Power of One

There's enough info throughout the thread though.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:33   Link #472
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Oh a little bit of warning though, none of the Masou Shoujo are "good guys", it's established in the novel but never in the anime. There's a reason they fight megalo not in their own world, they rather have humans die or human's world get destroyed.
Quote:
It's pretty obvious once you think about it. We have the Megalo who are the source of dark powers, and we have the Masou Shoujo who use neutral magic. Yet what is clearly missing is a source of pure goodness, or holiness, anywhere.

Megalo do not have a holy counterpart. The result is that the only source of "holy" power is good food and beautiful music; Pleasant things in life ended up being the equivalent of holy talismans that can banish Megalos.

In short, this is a world where there are plenty of demons, but no angels. Humans are truly on our own. No one is going to answer even if they pray, as they got no one to hear their cries.
Quote:
Just because the story has humour doesn't make the world they are in any less sucky. I mean, your only choice in that world is 1. Go to Hell 2. Reincarnate to the same sucky Earth 3. Have your soul eaten and die permanently.

All of a sudden the wish to be a penguin feels like strange. Without a paradise, and with the human world being so horrible, one could imagine life as a penguin being far more carefree. It's nothing to do with being an immortal and want to die; the badguy just can't handle the fact that the world doesn't HAVE a future, that there will be war for an eternity because there is no avatar of goodness to make it all right.

He asked to be a penguin; if he truly wanted to die, he could have requested that his soul be destroyed. So it seems he want to reincarnate as a lower animal species because then he doesn't have to worry about the universe anymore.
Are all of these confirmed already?

Quote:
Yeah, if those statements are true, it is indeed a depressing world to be. Although I already expected it to some degree, it turns out to be more depressing that what I thought.

Btw, how about Vampire Ninja? Any spoiler about what are they going to do after they resurrect the Vampire King?
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 02:26   Link #473
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Are all of these confirmed already?
They are all just interpretations. Although I'd be amazed if it is really how the world goes in KoreZon.

Old 2012-01-07, 02:44   Link #474
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
They are all just interpretations. Although I'd be amazed if it is really how the world goes in KoreZon.
Well, all of those statements are actually make sense.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 18:31   Link #475
Used Can

I think the view that "there's a devil but there's no god" borders on a black&white mentality.
The way I see it, in KoreZon's world there simply are no extremes. Humans, as we already know, are neither good or bad. It's the same with Masō Shōjo and the Ninja Clans. The difference here being they have abilities that put them above humans, and thus they do not necessarily think of humans as equals, much like how we do it with a grand variety of non-human animals and other life-forms.

As for the Megalos, I recall reading once there were some of those that were rather friendly. There are some characters, like Eu's friend from the Netherworld who are friendly as well. Hell, that dogface from the Netherworld got killed, because he wanted to protect Eu.

So, I say that rather than being a world with devils and no gods, this is a world without neither. It just happens humans aren't at the top of the food chain, if you know what I mean.
Old 2012-01-08, 00:45   Link #476
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think the view that "there's a devil but there's no god" borders on a black&white mentality.
Really? Personally I've always thought it just means that the world in question may be a step closer to being a crapsack world than some worlds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
As for the Megalos, I recall reading once there were some of those that were rather friendly.
Oh really? I'd like to see that...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:50   Link #477
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Really? Personally I've always thought it just means that the world in question may be a step closer to being a crapsack world than some worlds...

Oh really? I'd like to see that...
one of ayumu's classmates is a megalo ; /

that guy with the yellow/brown or black hair
Old 2012-01-08, 01:03   Link #478
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, you tell me. Do you think what you saw in the anime gave you that impression?
Personally, had I not watched the anime myself and read those posts, I'd have thought the world on KoreZon was like the one in Berserk or even worse.

I don't know about you, but the world in KoreZon seemed fairly normal to me. The only thing, as I've already said, is that there are beings with capabilities that put them above humans. However, those beings are neither good or evil, since just as humans, they can do as they please and have rules of their own.

This isn't even as in Planet of the Apes in which humanity is being enslaved or anything, really.
Old 2012-02-08, 16:23   Link #479
redsnigami

hey guys whats is this second season or ova http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rEY2...eature=related also somebody maked already some sumaries principal the vol 5 i need to see what happen to Eu
redsnigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 16:28   Link #480
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnigami View Post
hey guys whats is this second season or ova http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rEY2...eature=related also somebody maked already some sumaries principal the vol 5 i need to see what happen to Eu
It is a PV to Season 2 afaict.

Tags
ayumu`s ass, gender bender, harem, occult, romance, shounen, zombie