AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-27, 09:34   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 665 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

As promised, here's the early Golden Week spoiler, peeps!

UPDATE: Well, pics have confirmed the spoiler as being legit. Interested in seeing what direction this takes us, now....

-Chapter title is "CANDY". Ministory features Magellan, who is now apparently the vice-warden of Impel Down (well goddamn, there goes the theory of him becoming a marine...... ).

-It seems that the samurai has disappeared while searching for his torso, so Zoro, Sanji (who's still in Nami's body), and Brooke set out to look for him. Suddenly, the large children are in pain. It's revealed that the kids were given some sort of candy during their experiments, and it acted as their medicine. However, Chopper disagrees with their treatment method, saying that he detected some stimulant in their bodies after examining them. Because the kids missed out on their treatment, they start to go berserk, and Usopp is forced to sedate them with a Sleep Star. It's then revealed that the giant kids were all normal sized before they came to PH. Chopper suspects that the island's master was responsible for their abnormal growth.....

-Back to Zoro's group, the three of them are revealed to be passed out in the snow. Nearby are some giant footprints. The scene then changes to CC's lab, where Law is seen handing the scientist Smoker's heart as a "gift". He then asks him what he'll do about the Straw-Hats, and Caesar answers that he sent the appropriate forces to deal with them: The hitmen of the snow mountain, the "Yeti COOL BROTHERS". We then see the brothers in question, who both seem to be twin giants with guns strapped to their backs.....

Hey, looks like I was right after all about the Straw-Hats encountering some yetis in the cold part of the island! And these guys must be pretty danged tough if they managed to knock out two of the monster trio (granted, one of them isn't in his original body at the moment, but still). And we finally learn the truth about the giant kids, as well. Still have no idea what motive CC has in experimenting on some innocent kids, though.

Still, I'm actually a bit disappointed about the ministory. I was so sure that Magellan would have joined the marines during the skip. But I guess his lingering injuries from the time of the war prevented him from stepping into the "front lines", so to speak. Oh well, maybe Luffy will revisit ID at a later point so he can have a proper rematch against the poison man.....

NOTE: THE CURRENT CHAPTER WAS RELEASED MUCH EARLIER THAN NORMAL DUE TO THE GOLDEN WEEK HOLIDAY. SINCE THIS IS THE CASE, DON'T EXPECT TO SEE A NEW THREAD UNTIL AROUND THE 9TH OF MAY.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-04-28 at 09:51.
Old 2012-04-27, 09:56   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

This is not from the usual spoiler man.

Not only that, he mentioned the kids were drugged high with meth.
I'm going to reserve my judgement on this until ohana or T can verify.
Old 2012-04-27, 10:05   Link #3
marvelB

^Yeah, I just read your posts over at AP. The whole thing with having kids taking meth DOES sound a bit heavy for Oda (even if the previous arc had involved fish dudes abusing the 'roids). But as you say, it would be best to wait for the usual summary providers to confirm its legitimacy before I make any changes (but hey, this also raises my hopes for Magellan again! ).
Old 2012-04-27, 11:07   Link #4
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, I just read your posts over at AP. The whole thing with having kids taking meth DOES sound a bit heavy for Oda (even if the previous arc had involved fish dudes abusing the 'roids). But as you say, it would be best to wait for the usual summary providers to confirm its legitimacy before I make any changes (but hey, this also raises my hopes for Magellan again! ).
Well, methamphetamine and methylphenidate (both of which are referred to as meth, but are slightly different) are actually legal stimulants (Adderall and Ritalin in the US) - it could be that the kids were given them to counteract the effects of the growth medicine or something. I'm probably overthinking it, but my point is that meth is not bad by itself (what's its reputation in Japan, anyway?)...

But damn, Magellan being demoted like that is kinda disappointing, indeed... I'd like to believe this spoiler's not true ...
Old 2012-04-27, 11:28   Link #5
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Well, methamphetamine and methylphenidate (both of which are referred to as meth, but are slightly different) are actually legal stimulants (Adderall and Ritalin in the US) - it could be that the kids were given them to counteract the effects of the growth medicine or something. I'm probably overthinking it, but my point is that meth is not bad by itself (what's its reputation in Japan, anyway?)...

But damn, Magellan being demoted like that is kinda disappointing, indeed... I'd like to believe this spoiler's not true ...
He said kakuseizai. Which is normally for illegal stimulant drugs that gets you high.
They are HIGHLY illegal in Japan, and synonymous with "crack" or "speed".

Not to mention, the kids describe that eating it makes them "feel happy".

PTA would go nuts if this was real.
Old 2012-04-27, 11:32   Link #6
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Oh, I understand. Yeah, that doesn't seem like something you'd write about in a manga...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He said kakuseizai. Which is normally for illegal stimulant drugs that gets you high.
They are HIGHLY illegal in Japan, and synonymous with "crack" or "speed".

Not to mention, the kids describe that eating it makes them "feel happy".

PTA would go nuts if this was real.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:54   Link #7
Homura7

I thought Law rearranged Smoker's heart into Tashigi's body?

And the newly apointed Vice Warden is Saldeath if I recall well.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:58   Link #8
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
I thought Law rearranged Smoker's heart into Tashigi's body?

And the newly apointed Vice Warden is Saldeath if I recall well.
mini-story for c663 has Saldeath as Vice Warden.
Old 2012-04-27, 13:00   Link #9
Homura7

That spoiler sounds fake as hell.
Old 2012-04-27, 13:31   Link #10
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
That spoiler sounds fake as hell.
Are you trolling on this? The spoilers seem legit to me.
Old 2012-04-27, 14:21   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
the mini story definitely isn't legit.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:10   Link #12
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Before calling me a troll read the contents of the spoilers and you'll find many incoherences.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:41   Link #13
marvelB

I know it's a bit late for this, but as you can see I edited the first post with a warning until things have been set straight. Thanks goes to Aohige for pointing out the more fishier content of the initial summary in the first place.....

Edit: Uh.... yeah, just found THIS after posting the above:

Spoiler:

Uh.... so, it's real after all....?
Old 2012-04-27, 16:13   Link #14
Darmill

^ yep it's stated below 新副署長 = new vice warden

It could mean that there actually are two or more vice wardens...
Old 2012-04-27, 16:22   Link #15
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Just like there are multiple Vice Admirals in the Marines?

That page could be fabricated sure, but I don't think it was ever stated anywhere that Impel Down could only have one Vice Warden at a time.

I wonder what Hannyabal did to outclass Magellan for his position?
Old 2012-04-27, 16:38   Link #16
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

That page could be fabricated sure, but I don't think it was ever stated anywhere that Impel Down could only have one Vice Warden at a time.

I wonder what Hannyabal did to outclass Magellan for his position?
No that's not fake (full spoiler pics are out). I can't help but having the suspicion that Akainu is behind all this who doesn't tolerate any kind of failure.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:47   Link #17
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler seems legit for the most part. Just have to wait and see about the details.
Old 2012-04-27, 18:06   Link #18
Homura7

The new script is more legit. And more like outclass I would say Magellan, for shame, refused to continue doing his job as Warden due to feeling himself guilty for not stopping the greatest Impel Down outbreak.

So how is Smoker's functional despite Law took his heart out?
Old 2012-04-27, 19:55   Link #19
golgo13

Magellan as vice-warden what?!?!

Really interested to see who made admiral..
Old 2012-04-27, 21:18   Link #20
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

People who throw around the name "troll" like it's an insult are the most irritating newfags of all.

"You must be trolling!"

No shit...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Closed Thread