AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-06, 22:48   Link #21
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Well, Q-vier seems to developed an interest on Unit-6 after seeing its "cheating device". So instead of Kyuma, what are the chances that Akira will be his "rival" instead (The OP even shows him engaging Unit-6 first before turning his attention on Unit-5)?
If so, Akira will still only be a passing interest to Q-vier when compared to L-elf, who he was thankful to for betraying them so he can have the chance to fight him.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-06 at 23:46.
Old 2013-11-06, 23:30   Link #22
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Well, Q-vier seems to developed an interest on Unit-6 after seeing its "cheating device". So instead of Kyuma, what are the chances that Akira will be his "rival" instead (The OP even shows him engaging Unit-6 first before turning his attention on Unit-5)?
Actually, the opening shows both Kyuuma and Akira going against Q-vier. Maybe because their both defense units it takes 2 of them of go against Q-vier?
Old 2013-12-06, 15:49   Link #23
Frontier

You and Valvrave V will be missed Kyuma .

I wonder if we'll get some epilogue showing his family, namely his sister, reacting to his death?
Old 2013-12-06, 15:52   Link #24
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
You and Valvrave V will be missed Kyuma .

I wonder if we'll get some epilogue showing his family, namely his sister, reacting to his death?
I doubt it. The anime didn't even touch on that aspect of his character.
Old 2013-12-06, 15:58   Link #25
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Frontier, He came & he went. The dude never got any backstory, I doubt they'll give him any now.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-12-06, 16:04   Link #26
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Right. I wouldn't have even known about his sister and that's poor condition is the reason for his obsession with money if not for the novel.
Old 2013-12-06, 16:07   Link #27
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Exactly. The anime doesn't even bat an eyelash at this.

Akira get backstory & Satomi is alive in the future. He also hints that she may still be around. The conclusion I'm lead to is: Once you have backstory, you've either set off a huge death flag or survive.

Thunder & Kyuuma gets Nobu & Aina motivation = Kyuuma dies. I'm fearing for Raizo next.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-12-06, 16:16   Link #28
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
^Exactly. The anime doesn't even bat an eyelash at this.

Akira get backstory & Satomi is alive in the future. He also hints that she may still be around. The conclusion I'm lead to is: Once you have backstory, you've either set off a huge death flag or survive.

Thunder & Kyuuma gets Nobu & Aina motivation = Kyuuma dies. I'm fearing for Raizo next.
Hoping for the best for Raizo. Valvrave has used deaths to develop other characters, so maybe we'll see some Yamada development as well?
Old 2013-12-06, 16:30   Link #29
LightDragonman

I'm beginning to wonder if all the VVV pilots except for Saki are gonna bite it at this rate.
Old 2013-12-06, 16:43   Link #30
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Hoping for the best for Raizo. Valvrave has used deaths to develop other characters, so maybe we'll see some Yamada development as well?
Hoping he's still around in the future. After all, all teams need a delinquent member.

I also have an alternate scenario: All pilots except Saki dies & in the future, the golden 7 refers to a team of 7 VVVs that isn't the current set, save Saki. Maybe the current set starts off the G7 as the 1st gen & by FutureSaki's time, they are probably at their 5th, 6th or 7th gen?

Something like passing the torch/having successors for each gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if all the VVV pilots except for Saki are gonna bite it at this rate.
I'm also thinking this. Only Saki is confirmed & Akira was hinted. Haruto sounds like he's very much dead in the future.
Old 2013-12-06, 20:15   Link #31
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Hoping he's still around in the future. After all, all teams need a delinquent member.

I also have an alternate scenario: All pilots except Saki dies & in the future, the golden 7 refers to a team of 7 VVVs that isn't the current set, save Saki. Maybe the current set starts off the G7 as the 1st gen & by FutureSaki's time, they are probably at their 5th, 6th or 7th gen?

Something like passing the torch/having successors for each gen.
Hey it's possible. It's the symbol that the Valvraves and Kamitsuki stand for that's important.
Old 2013-12-06, 20:19   Link #32
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Never thought your death will sadden me this much, Kyuuma, you are one of the best bro in the history of anime. If there a afterlife, I hope it's will be a peaceful one for you. You officially reached the top 3 best Valvrave character for me replacing Haruto. But I'll still rather have you to be alive...
Old 2013-12-06, 20:31   Link #33
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Imagine if they gave him more to do while he was alive. If they explored more of his backstory and all that. But they didn't. He had a good meaningful death. I just hope they don't drop the ball with it.
Old 2013-12-06, 20:41   Link #34
~BC~

See all the characters he saved this episode his is the one death it'd be hard to ruin short of making everyone evil unsympathetic douches.
Old 2013-12-06, 20:49   Link #35
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
See all the characters he saved this episode his is the one death it'd be hard to ruin short of making everyone evil unsympathetic douches.
Right. Maybe I'm being too much of an Eeyore and expecting something bad
Old 2013-12-06, 21:08   Link #36
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Not when Shoko and her group of "ungraceful bunches" betrayed Kyuuma and his fellow pilots like that. I always hated that fucking episode of GC when Shu saved these traitors and even saved that Souta's life. Why it always that these traitor be saved by the people they betrayed? They abandoned him, so the Kamitsuki should do the same in return for this betrayal.
Old 2013-12-06, 21:10   Link #37
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Because it's the right thing to do. Kyuuma knew that. He's with Aina now.
Old 2013-12-06, 21:13   Link #38
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

DevilHigh, I know that feel, i also hate it when people save the people that betray them. When Lelouch spared the Black Knights & finalized the Zero Requiem. I was pissed, he should've executed them & then finalized the plan afterwards...
Old 2013-12-06, 21:17   Link #39
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

This person just sell me out to my biggest enemy and in turn caused my best friend to die, it certainly the best thing to do to save these traitor that might endanger my life or rest of my friend's life . Happy that it Thunder that stay on that Shuttle instead of Haruto, he'll certainly do the "right" thing when it come to Shoko and Co. .
Old 2013-12-06, 21:33   Link #40
Irenesharda

I think all of you are forgetting something. His final sacrifice was NOT to save the ship. He sacrificed himself to rescue Haruto, his best friend. He saved the ship, which also happened to be the only way Akira and Raizo could escape, and defended them all until they could get out of there, before going to rescue Haruto. His real sacrifice was giving his life to save his friend.

Kyuma did quite a few heroic things that night, and he should be honored for it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread

Tags
characters