AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-06-19, 17:49   Link #1
Kiomi

KH2 Fanart ^_^

Hi im new here actually, and I love to draw so i thought i could post some of my art up. Um you can say what is wrong with my pictures, and if you dont like them thats fine but tell me why and what i should fix. I really dislike argh its horrible comments cuzz that is no help to me.

Unknown Riku

Roxas and his friends

gift art for her friend..the bg is her comic

New:
http://Kiomika.Deviantart.com

Last edited by Kiomi; 2006-07-29 at 00:52.
Kiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 18:21   Link #2
Aiya Kasai

omg awesome
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 01:35   Link #3
Donovan
Struggling Artist

Send a message via MSN to Donovan
That's some good stuff. Appreciation for cuteness seems to be dangerously low these days, so it's good to see work froma fellow cute enthusiast.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 01:51   Link #4
Kiomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
That's some good stuff. Appreciation for cuteness seems to be dangerously low these days, so it's good to see work froma fellow cute enthusiast.
Thank you! Im happy somone likes it ^^, and from a fellow artist. much thanks
Old 2006-06-20, 04:38   Link #5
Envy-Chan

i can say only 1 word... "WOW!!!!"
its awesome, you are awesome!!!!
Its really great, keep up the good work.
Envy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 05:45   Link #6
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Really nice work you got there.

Just one thing though.. I'm not too sure about what you've done with the hair on the third picture. I don't know - it just doesn't match the way you've coloured everything else. It would be heaps nicer with the hair you've got in the second picture (on the blue-eyed boy). I really like that one. =)
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 12:40   Link #7
Kiomi

d

Thank! Um yeah that hair.....The guy i was drawing from has crazy curly hair, so I ended up getting angry and just keeping it looking like that (back of the hair is off like it has huge chunks of gell in it and the shading isn't clean)... *sigh* tried to do a different Technique, didn't work out ><. Oh well Thanks ^^
Old 2006-06-20, 18:05   Link #8
Donovan
Struggling Artist

Send a message via MSN to Donovan
I think the hair coloring is just fine, it really works for his super-spiked/gelled hair. I played KH2, and that really does a good job of matching his look. (Now, if I could just remember his name! Stupid brain....)

My only issue with his hair is that, and I hope I can describe this understandably, the crease of his hairline against his forhead, his "widow's peak," if you will, is off-center. It kinda pulls to the picture's right.

Other than that, I know the kind of posture you'e trying to draw, but without pulling his shirt in a bit tighter against his back, it just made him look somewhat pot-bellied, and every Nomura character is slim and trim. Also, his legs disapear instead of continuing behind the present.

Overall, I like the second picture best, though Olette's face is kinda weird. (Sure, I can remember her name...) It's got a nice composition and a twilight town-appropriate color scheme. The first is nice too, but not quite as attention-grabbing. And though it so isn't Riku's style, I like how he's sticking his tongue out. It's funny.

So, I realize I'm a bit more critical this time, but really, I criticize because I love!
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 21:50   Link #9
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Hello there.

It's always nice to see new art around here, and your art is really well done. I see you're going with the chibi style rather than the more realistic kind. And that's fine *points to my avatar* chibi is good.

I would have to say my fav. would be the first picture. Looks pro to me. and I love that black thing with the question mark...whatever it is.

Mmm...what can I say. Everything looks good. If I had to comment on anything I would suggest trying to make your shadows contrast more. This is more or less a preference rather than a critique.

Anyways post some more!
Old 2006-06-22, 02:41   Link #10
wao
OK.

I think you've got great colouring skills, it really looks very influenced by the Japanese/Korean style of colouring (the soft and hard bits together) - and you got the same kind of colour and lines.

But while the style of drawing is not necessarily my cup of tea, I think you could improve on the poses a bit. In the 2nd picture the hand of the girl holding the lolly looks weird. Also her shoulders could, I think, be modified so that it looks more natural - it looks too stiff. The 3rd picture also looks kind of stiff to me... perhaps it's the fault of the style, but I do think it would help if you had him look somewhere. Currently he looks like he's looking forward and at the side both. Maybe it has to do with the way his face is turned (or not turned). I guess his left eye (from his pov) could be shifted slightly? I think it would make all the difference.

I think you're pretty good at the colours though. (Looking at it from a 6500K monitor setting.) Sorry I sound so critical.
Old 2006-06-22, 07:39   Link #11
Roughy
-?-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiomi
I really dislike argh its horrible comments cuzz that is no help to me.

I seriously doubt anyone will be able to find anything negative about these drawings
Roughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 14:05   Link #12
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughy
I seriously doubt anyone will be able to find anything negative about these drawings
Totally agree !

Kiomi's drawings are extremely well done.

I specially like the eyes of the character in the last pic.
Old 2006-06-22, 16:14   Link #13
Aiya Kasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughy
Talking for my sister: Uhm acctually someone said her drawings were a disgrace to kingdom hearts.....they never said why either
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 16:18   Link #14
Kiomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I think you've got great colouring skills, it really looks very influenced by the Japanese/Korean style of colouring (the soft and hard bits together) - and you got the same kind of colour and lines.

But while the style of drawing is not necessarily my cup of tea, I think you could improve on the poses a bit. In the 2nd picture the hand of the girl holding the lolly looks weird. Also her shoulders could, I think, be modified so that it looks more natural - it looks too stiff. The 3rd picture also looks kind of stiff to me... perhaps it's the fault of the style, but I do think it would help if you had him look somewhere. Currently he looks like he's looking forward and at the side both. Maybe it has to do with the way his face is turned (or not turned). I guess his left eye (from his pov) could be shifted slightly? I think it would make all the difference.

I think you're pretty good at the colours though. (Looking at it from a 6500K monitor setting.) Sorry I sound so critical.
Thanks so much for pointing that out, My sister always says that to me but I keep trying to fix how emotionless they are, I'll try to work one their poses too ^^. Much thanks <3!
Old 2006-06-22, 21:20   Link #15
Roughy
-?-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
Talking for my sister: Uhm acctually someone said her drawings were a disgrace to kingdom hearts.....they never said why either
She's just jealous >_>
Roughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 10:03   Link #16
Lotiman

cute artwork
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 14:06   Link #17
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Awesome. Why is everyone good at drawing except me?

Only advice I can give is to add more detail to some of the people's hair. Some of them only have one color and no detail.
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 00:52   Link #18
Kiomi

Something new I drew

^.^
Old 2006-07-29, 09:23   Link #19
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

SO CUTE!!!!!! And about the hayner picture, did roxas kiss hayner in the background?
Starlight Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 09:31   Link #20
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

AW!!! Riku can't see his tougue!!!
Starlight Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote