AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 05:42   Link #81
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
We’ve got a lot of followers who are looking to become mangaka, and there’s something I noticed about their works – I’d like to write a bit about what we’ve noticed.

It’s about art – there seem to be few people who can draw cool looking men. Especially their faces. People who can draw a man who looks cool to other men, with a sense of sex appeal. Are there no rookies about who can do that…

[...]

Looking at recent contributions, everyone can draw cute girls. But however you look at it they put no effort into men. I suspect those who can draw cool men will command the next era in manga (though this is an exaggeration). Keep trying! "
This is the reason why I like 80's and 90's anime despite their sub-par artwork compared to the modern ones. Modern anime nowadays seem to be ripped off of Light Novels and Dating Sims (Renai). And OH GOD THE MOEBLOB IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING! Can't they make good pieces of work without lacing it with fanservice whatsoever?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 06:01   Link #82
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
This is the reason why I like 80's and 90's anime despite their sub-par artwork compared to the modern ones. Modern anime nowadays seem to be ripped off of Light Novels and Dating Sims (Renai). And OH GOD THE MOEBLOB IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING! Can't they make good pieces of work without lacing it with fanservice whatsoever?
Even though they may not be in the majority, there are quite a few light novel adaptations not geared towards moe in the source and un-moefied in the adaptations. Maybe you've left them out in your watchlist perhaps?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 07:43   Link #83
judasmartel
*Author

^ If not moe-fied, they might be Darker and Edgier instead. Nice Boat, anyone?

Either way, I'm not WINNING.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 21:35   Link #84
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

As a foreigner (not a westerner ) I see anime and manga as a unique medium, another form to express one ideas and concepts.

The most memorable anime when i was growing up was mostly mecha Gundam macross dargonar votoms anime that also include the yusha series like EX kaizer, Fire bird, Rai Ji Oh etc

...... The Nostalgia
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 17:07   Link #85
lml99

As an American, I see anime is a very unique and distinct form of media compared to other parts of American culture. Anime has enlightened me to Japanese culture and foreign culture in general (although I'm pretty sure I can't judge Japanese culture as a whole just based off of my experience with anime). If not for anime, I think I might've seen Japan in a very different way. My parents are Chinese, and while they aren't extremely prejudiced against Japan in any way, they have shown a bit of anti-Japanese sentiment. After seeing the behavior of some other people my age that are also from similar Chinese families, I can conclude that that this might be consistent. I think that some of China's older generation is just still hung up from WWII and stuff. I'm sorry if that sort of made you uncomfortable, or if it's just completely irrelevant to you. I've only been to China a few times in my life, and I never really got to see much of the culture there. I know that anime has also thoroughly made it's way into China. From what I've seen, it's more prominent in China than in America. Maybe anime's cultural significance in China even rivals Japan. This is a bit off topic, but do you know anything about anime in China? What do you think of culture in China in general? Is it similar to Japan's? Thank you!
lml99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 20:12   Link #86
NonExstX
Sub Human Reject

Anime is my favorite form of escape from reality.
It used to be movles, horror movies(especially j/k horror), classical music, martial science, RPG's , and just straight daydreaming.

I know not all anime are alike, but certain ones have an allure so strong that I'd like to go to sleep and wake up in their world.

Gantz is one. I'd be really good in that because I figured out certain things off the front end that the characters missed.

Shuffle/Love Hina/Negima/NHK are others. Shuffle and Negima(and similar) because it would be fun to have cute girls attracted to me. Love Hina for the same reasons and all the comedic accidents.

NHK because I actually really like the plot of it and ..well to say more would add spoilers.

I have done quite a bit in reality but none of it holds the pull of anime.
Anime is a beautiful and whimsical thrill ride even at its worst and one I'd like to trade for my life.

Tags
anime, japan, manga, question