AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-05, 18:10   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It reminded me of a 90's-era Hollywood romcom starring a young Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan, something like that. Lots of fantasy elements and coincidence. Could be a lot of fun to be had here, but I don't think hard realism is what it's going for.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-05, 18:57   Link #22
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

It looks to me like, when Teresa first introduced herself, she might have been going to say, "Teresa, Duchess of Larsenburg."
Old 2018-04-05, 21:12   Link #23
Wandering Soul

Japan must have gotten a lot smaller since the last time they checked. If we didn't get to see things from each of their perspectives, I would be convinced that one of them was stalking the other.

Overall it was cute, but average. This show could go either way.
Old 2018-04-05, 21:13   Link #24
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a very nice start meeting so many time in one day the universe is saying something

But that is some kick
Old 2018-04-05, 22:51   Link #25
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It seems Maki got tired of the doctor schtick in the end. Well, at least she's giving her all in her new life path as a bodyguard.

That was a cute, fun, fluffy time, more than I anticipated given the title and OP; the main guy was perfectly nice, Teresa is just adorable and the other characters we saw seem nice enough. Gotta say I didn't expect that princess twist, if only because foreigner girls in anime are always princess-like, and honestly, it sounds like such an old-school development. Even in doujins I haven't seen something like that for like a decade, though I don't mind it.

Overall, while not as enjoyable as what we got the last couple days, it was still a fun time and might be worth following if you have the time.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-05, 23:43   Link #26
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Did Zena from Death March Rhapsody jump through dimensions to transform into a blonde foreigner?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 02:10   Link #27
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It looks to me like, when Teresa first introduced herself, she might have been going to say, "Teresa, Duchess of Larsenburg."
I thought she was about to say "du" as in French for "of", like Teresa of Larsenburg or whatever. But same difference, yeah, she obviously changed her name in something much more mundane.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 14:19   Link #28
ScrewySquirrel

just a reminder:
"Larsenburg" is how Japan spells "Luxembourg"
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 15:33   Link #29
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
just a reminder:
The Engrish is stronk in this anime.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 16:17   Link #30
Mistyclear

Quote:
just a reminder:
Seriously?!
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 19:05   Link #31
PreSage
Hoodwinked...

Quote:
just a reminder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Seriously?!
My reaction exactly!

At first I thought the misspelling was intentional to avoid some kind of copyyright or legality issues.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 19:32   Link #32
kuromitsu

Quote:
just a reminder:
Weh? No, it's not, at least not that I'm aware of.
Japan spells "Luxembourg" as ルクセンブルク / Rukusenburuku, following the French pronunciation. ラルセンブルク / Rarusenburuku may seem somewhat similar but it's not all that close. I just did a search and the only instances that link ラルセンブルク to Luxembourg all seem to be stuff related to this anime, if I had to guess I'd say someone Googled "ラルセンブルク" and got misled by Google automatically correcting an assumed typo and searching for "ラクセンブルク" or "ルクセンブルク" instead.

(Granted, I'm no expert on anything Luxembourg, but this is not something I've ever heard of, and Google, the Embassy of Luxembourg in Japan and the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs tell me I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2018-04-06 at 19:54.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 03:37   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I believe the official spelling is “ルクセンブルク”, Rukusenburugu. I was wondering myself if this was bastardized pronunciation or they were inventing a fake country based on the real one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 03:47   Link #34
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
or they were inventing a fake country based on the real one.
My bet is that Teresa is a royal, so of course they'd invent a fake country. It may come off as insensitive or weird to portray a non-existing member of an existing royal dynasty.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 04:26   Link #35
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
My bet is that Teresa is a royal, so of course they'd invent a fake country. It may come off as insensitive or weird to portray a non-existing member of an existing royal dynasty.
Besides, if it's a real country they need to do at least some basic research which is kind of pointless for the purposes of this story... Inventing a small, quaint (usually vaguely Germanic) European country is a pretty common tactics, especially when royalty is involved.
Old 2018-04-07, 17:40   Link #36
kuromitsu

I finally managed to finish the episode (I kept getting distracted). What stood out for me:

1. So many anime clichés. So. Many. At least this show is not trying to be serious and deep, so the clichés don't come across as eyeroll-inducing as in say, B: The Beginning or Sword Gai (why does that show even exist??) but seeing them played completely straight did take away from the show's potential charm. It doesn't help that the show seems to be trying to play things very safe.

2. They should really stop casting Miyano Mamoru in these roles. It's just not working anymore, the charm is gone. He's not clever, he's not funny, he just sounds like Miyano Mamoru doing a bad impression of himself. And I don't know what he's been doing with his voice but it kept kind of cracking and sounding way too old for this character type. (Same with Reinhard in LoGH, by the way, but there he pitched his voice lower and had a lot less energy, so the cracks weren't as obvious.)

3. While on the topic of voices, I would have appreciated Teresa not having such a squeaky voice, but sounding more natural. That ending song... sigh.

4. Aww, Nyanko Big. All the cats are cute. Not the cutest cats I've seen lately, but cute enough.

5. So far none of the characters stand out, but Tada at least has some potential depth hopefully worth exploring.
Old 2018-04-08, 20:57   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm just happy that an original romance anime gets some nice looking art this time around.
<shudders at the thought of Just Because and Konbini Kareshi>

This series will probably be less about drama (boo! I live for romantic conflict) since the couples are already determined if you go by the OP. Going looks to be like generic fluff romance, with all the tropes that come along with it, but I don't mind at all. It's mindless, but fun, and I guess that's what fluff is all about.

So far it has the strongest pilot of the season for me, as Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu was just above average and I'm perplexed at 3d Kanojo. Maybe Wotakoi will be better (the other show that has a childhood friend couple), but I don't know if I'll enjoy it as much since I read what was scanslated of the manga (same reason P5 is just eh to me since I played the game already). This being entirely new romance has a certain charm that draws me in, even through the flaws that the show has.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 22:46   Link #38
xeviouses

Blonde. Japanophile. Loves Samurai period dramas...We talking about Teresa or Christiane Friedrich?

...at least the cats were okay...
Old 2018-04-09, 11:54   Link #39
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I have to be frank, the major highlight of the first episode for me was Golgo 13 being a cafe patron.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 12:30   Link #40
Ulin

For me it was a good first episode. Nothing special but that's not what I usually look for in a show like this. A bit of humor, SoL, and romance so... And having Not!Maki on it is always good

What was a surprise was Not!Maki having the same age as the other characters... I was sure she was older
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote