AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 22:43   Link #6061
haseo0408

I think this was asked earlier but I have no clue where in the thread it is; Salvatore Done has 4 Divine Authorities, we all know the first two but what I really want to know is that power he used to kill every modern tecnology in Sardinia, What God did he slay to obtain it?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 23:31   Link #6062
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I think this was asked earlier but I have no clue where in the thread it is; Salvatore Done has 4 Divine Authorities, we all know the first two but what I really want to know is that power he used to kill every modern tecnology in Sardinia, What God did he slay to obtain it?.
If you truly read vol4 then you wouldnt be asking this question.

It's the Roman god Vulcan, also known as Hephaestus in Greek mythology.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 02:28   Link #6063
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

still is kinda weird .. a craftsman god .. giving an authority that makes inventions useless ..
kinda ironic huh ?

but thinking on Donny's personality .. kinda fits :S
Old 2013-02-28, 08:07   Link #6064
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
still is kinda weird .. a craftsman god .. giving an authority that makes inventions useless ..
kinda ironic huh ?

but thinking on Donny's personality .. kinda fits :S
think about it Vulcan's authority is fire related and think of all the inventions we have made so far that actually uses fire... you need fire to make metal and metal is used to create... lets just say everything, and proxy also provides the energy to create the things we enjoy today so the only weakness to Vulcan's authority is to use stones... but then the second authority from damn it forgot that scandinavian deity to enlarge his sword and crush everything... actually that's what Vulcan is the inventor god, Vulcan's authority is to control over fire itself... heck its a good thing its not the sun
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 10:20   Link #6065
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
think about it Vulcan's authority is fire related and think of all the inventions we have made so far that actually uses fire... you need fire to make metal and metal is used to create... lets just say everything, and proxy also provides the energy to create the things we enjoy today so the only weakness to Vulcan's authority is to use stones... but then the second authority from damn it forgot that scandinavian deity to enlarge his sword and crush everything... actually that's what Vulcan is the inventor god, Vulcan's authority is to control over fire itself... heck its a good thing its not the sun
Uh, I don't think that's the correct explanation for that.
My take is that it's because Doni is a pure fighter that only relies on his skills and swordsmanship that his 3rd authority from Vulcan puts people around him to his level. Most people rely on technology and modern weapons today so having him disable them makes his enemies rely on their own skills to fight him. A Campione's authority is said to somehow match the person's personality so this explanation fits more.
Of course against a Heretic God or a Campione this is useless but against modern soldiers and armies, this is useful. He could take down a country with his authorities. Sword for offense, steel body for defense and the regression to Middle Age authority to disable the enemy.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 11:12   Link #6066
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Uh, I don't think that's the correct explanation for that.
My take is that it's because Doni is a pure fighter that only relies on his skills and swordsmanship that his 3rd authority from Vulcan puts people around him to his level. Most people rely on technology and modern weapons today so having him disable them makes his enemies rely on their own skills to fight him. A Campione's authority is said to somehow match the person's personality so this explanation fits more.
Of course against a Heretic God or a Campione this is useless but against modern soldiers and armies, this is useful. He could take down a country with his authorities. Sword for offense, steel body for defense and the regression to Middle Age authority to disable the enemy.
but think about why he was wondering why a craftsman god has the ability to regress much of modern technology so I gave the answer about Vulcan's authority and pretty much that yes with his personality of something akin to happy go lucky and a strength fighter relying only on his enemies strength alone it fits but still thank god he's not capable of controlling the sun unlike Goudou who can send down a miniaturized version of the sun... heck I couldnt imagine Campiones making the Earth collide with the Sun itself...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 00:54   Link #6067
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
If you truly read vol4 then you wouldnt be asking this question.

It's the Roman god Vulcan, also known as Hephaestus in Greek mythology.
I´m reading the volume 4 right now but I was kind of curious because I saw the episode in the anime where he uses it first, thanks for the clarification. Salvatore Doni is one scary lunatic.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:32   Link #6068
XFire
150% done

New update for vol 12.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-03-04, 03:41   Link #6069
alviam099

I wouldn't call that creepy, it's actually pretty nice

If you people wants some explanation regarding authorities, you should just see Erica's explanation regarding it, it's the closest we'll even get to guessing how they work and why they're like that, the interesting thing is, Doni is the one who would've gotten Verethragna's authority(most likely) if Godou wasn't there, any speculations on how it would've turn out?

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 07:39   Link #6070
erdii

update was nice. well this what you get when you underestimate your opponent
Old 2013-03-04, 08:32   Link #6071
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

So, does that mean that he's going to start from scratch of the whole situation. Man, that can be tiring.

But judging from the next illustration:

Spoiler for Ena's Arrival!:

Ena will come to save the day. And then the next thing will happen, I guess, Godou will meet again the Crystal Princess from the other side for some little chat.

Spoiler for Meeting with the Ancestor!:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 21:05   Link #6072
Yye1
Wide Right

Wat i am impressed from Volume 12 is that Godou managed to make Liliana and Yuri fall in love with him all over again in the span of a couple of days

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 02:05   Link #6073
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Wat i am impressed from Volume 12 is that Godou managed to make Liliana and Yuri fall in love with him all over again in the span of a couple of days
For Godou, that's not impressive, not doing so would be a feat beyond his capabilities however.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 07:10   Link #6074
erdii

can we just get to fighting part. all this losing memory part killed my enthusiasm
Old 2013-03-06, 06:37   Link #6075
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
can we just get to fighting part. all this losing memory part killed my enthusiasm
agreed. But story is a story
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 00:41   Link #6076
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
Who cares about the fight, it's all about the kiss scene!!!!!

CH5 is finished, finally done with the "boring" parts, things about to heat up real soon (kiss and battle that is).
Old 2013-03-08, 03:49   Link #6077
bakapervert
A pervert

Thanks for the update TJP. Finally the fun part, all this chasing the minion and the memory loss is starting to get irritating.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 06:39   Link #6078
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post

CH5 is finished, finally done with the "boring" parts, things about to heat up real soon (kiss and battle that is).
Yuppiieee.

I really enjoy reading the kissing part. Damn Goudo
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 10:25   Link #6079
J4n1

Personally, i think the best part of this chapter was
Spoiler:
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:09   Link #6080
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post

The kiss(is it just a kiss?) was pretty hot

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem