Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2017-01-05, 10:40   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Good Anime Review Blogs Catalog

So, I would like to make this thread the Golden Page of high-quality blogs (Blogspot, Wordpress, you name it) that center on anime reviewing and other topics related to anime, manga, and light novel. This AnimeBlogger.net Antenna website does the same, but it could be a bit too cluster for easy viewing.

The list will be constantly updated and categorized. Also, please note that I would like to keep the list strictly to reviews and essays, so sites like ANN and Sankaku Complex are disqualified.

If you wish to add an address, just reply on the bellow.

Now, the list:

Spoiler for Active:

Spoiler for Death:

Last edited by Fireminer; 2022-03-27 at 08:35.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 10:43   Link #2
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Anyone here know about this blog? I remember reading a post on it a few years ago, whose topic is the analouge between Athurian mythologies and Code Geass. I remember that the author is awarded the title "Best Upcoming Anime Reviewer" or something like that because of that post.
Old 2017-01-07, 14:33   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
So, I would like to make this thread the Golden Page of high-quality blogs (Blogspot, Wordpress, you name it) that center on anime reviewing and other topics related to anime, manga, and light novel.
Could you spell out your criteria in more detail? What exactly does "high-quality" entail?
Old 2017-01-08, 11:17   Link #4
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Could you spell out your criteria in more detail? What exactly does "high-quality" entail?
Yes, it is kind of a hard thing to define. In my opinion, the traditional form of Anime Review is between 200 and 400 words, with pro-con list and such. What a "High-quality" post has is that it entails and expands upon the common criterias (art, music, story, etc). And, you can see that many blogs in this lists publish contents that actually dwelve into specific topic of the anime art.

Of course, since this is a public project, so your comments matter. Even a link on the list can be pulled off with overwhelming negative reviews.
Old 2017-02-02, 04:45   Link #5
johnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post

I think I got his point. He want to make this thread a page where you can find the best anime blogs having high quality anime videos or reviews etc.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-02-02 at 10:04. Reason: removed link to fan sub host site
johnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 08:21   Link #6
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The blog by Flower to be useful. I found Planetarian and Maid Dragon by reading at the blogs that he wrote.

Winter 2017 preview: http://www.anime-evo.net/preview/flo...-2017-preview/

Top ten anime of 2016: http://www.anime-evo.net/2017/01/01/...n-series-2016/
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-26, 22:09   Link #7
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

At the risk of tooting my own horn, here's another blog for your reading interest: Infinite Mirai. Some writing samples include my talks on Garden of Words and Sakura Quest. I tend to look at anime from the big picture and draw some unusual comparisons between things.

As an aside, I don't think Chizumatic is active anymore, so it might be good to reclassify it as in the "inactive" grouping.
Old 2017-07-07, 08:47   Link #8
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
At the risk of tooting my own horn, here's another blog for your reading interest: Infinite Mirai. Some writing samples include my talks on Garden of Words and Sakura Quest. I tend to look at anime from the big picture and draw some unusual comparisons between things.

As an aside, I don't think Chizumatic is active anymore, so it might be good to reclassify it as in the "inactive" grouping.
Your blog definitely make it to this list! And thanks for the tip.
Old 2017-10-19, 09:24   Link #9
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Finished adding some more blogs. What I can see is that Twitter and Facebook have taken away a lot of user from the blog platform. There are less and less new anime blog being opened every year.
Old 2018-04-08, 10:24   Link #10
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So, what I learnt making this list? Anime blogging is a highly competitive and frustrated field. Almost 9 out of 10 people started at late high school/college, then quit after writing consistently after five or six years because of their blogs received no traffics, while they had their everyday careers to worry to.

It's a sad reality to me personally, because I still believe that there are things which could only be said about Anime on the blog platform. The only way for anime blogs to survive nowadays is probably making them running parallel with a podcast or something.
Old 2018-04-08, 23:50   Link #11
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
So, what I learnt making this list? Anime blogging is a highly competitive and frustrated field. Almost 9 out of 10 people started at late high school/college, then quit after writing consistently after five or six years because of their blogs received no traffics, while they had their everyday careers to worry to.

It's a sad reality to me personally, because I still believe that there are things which could only be said about Anime on the blog platform. The only way for anime blogs to survive nowadays is probably making them running parallel with a podcast or something.
Well, it is a hobby, after all. Not like it makes money (usually).
It is best to do it because you like it, and enjoy the traffic if it happens to come along.
I only go and check out blogs sometimes to look at second opinions of really good anime I watch in the season. Recently went back to Random Curiosity for Sora yori Tooi Basho to learn the guy actually published a book or something.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 12:53   Link #12
AnimeFangirl

Sometimes you hit a stretch where every series you try is crap not worth blogging about, then before you know it you're spending time on other hobbies and poof, months have gone by without writing anything.
Old 2018-04-11, 09:06   Link #13
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I started my blog primarily for myself, to act as an open journal of sorts, and the traffic happens as a result of a few factors. I write with a very distinct style and draw comparisons that are very unusual, which leads me to top the search engines (try "yuru camp disco tent", for instance), and engaging with the current blogging community also keeps me in.

The old mindset of "I have a blog, so I am correct about everything" of old (I'm looking at you, Nihon Review's sorrow-kun and Dark Mirage!) simply doesn't hold true anymore with the likes of micro-blogging and videos, but a blog can do just fine if one isn't looking for insane traffic.
Old 2018-04-13, 10:21   Link #14
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
]
The old mindset of "I have a blog, so I am correct about everything" of old (I'm looking at you, Nihon Review's sorrow-kun and Dark Mirage!) simply doesn't hold true anymore with the likes of micro-blogging and videos, but a blog can do just fine if one isn't looking for insane traffic.
Well, excluding a few reviews, I still think Nihon Review did stand behind the quality of their articles. Wonder why they haven't do much lately, though.

Also, does anyone here realize that there are more and more blogger translating Japanese interviews of anime producers, writers, directors, etc.?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2018-04-13 at 10:43.
Old 2018-04-15, 20:45   Link #15
crazyidiot78

You can count me in the has a blog catagory www.animescience101.com I've been going for 4 years now and my problem has been finding and keeping an audience. Any advice is welcome.
crazyidiot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 08:55   Link #16
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyidiot78 View Post
You can count me in the has a blog catagory www.animescience101.com I've been going for 4 years now and my problem has been finding and keeping an audience. Any advice is welcome.
Thanks to the recommendation! I've added yours to the list. Also, that Anime Blog Recommendations post also gave me some good additions.

Admittedly, I don't know much about marketing, but personally, a problem with finding good anime blogs is, well, finding them. Google missed out on a lot of great blogs on the first few pages. Now, I did remember reading somewhere about tricks that would put your site on top of the search results, such as using the right keywords people may search for. Maybe you should try to read more on the topic?
Old 2018-04-21, 09:29   Link #17
crazyidiot78

Quote:
Thanks to the recommendation! I've added yours to the list. Also, that Anime Blog Recommendations post also gave me some good additions.

Admittedly, I don't know much about marketing, but personally, a problem with finding good anime blogs is, well, finding them. Google missed out on a lot of great blogs on the first few pages. Now, I did remember reading somewhere about tricks that would put your site on top of the search results, such as using the right keywords people may search for. Maybe you should try to read more on the topic?
Thanks, and I've been looking into SEO stuff for a while and if you search anime science stuff I come up but regular anime stuff I don't always come up. I'm probably going to rework my keywords to focus more on anime stuff and less on the science and see if that helps.
crazyidiot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 11:55   Link #18
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Well, excluding a few reviews, I still think Nihon Review did stand behind the quality of their articles. Wonder why they haven't do much lately, though.
I'm specifically referring to their take on things like K-On!, which have been very lacking; I'm accepting with criticisms towards shows I enjoy, but one thing that gets my goat is when people assume a veneer of academic sophistication and then use their 'intellectualism' to tear down a show via purple prose. It's fine not to like something, but it's not okay to pretend to be a teacher or scholar and then intimidate others into accepting one's viewpoints.
Old 2018-04-24, 13:06   Link #19
Dawnstorm

Just went through the lists: Moe Sucks is currently active again.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 08:46   Link #20
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Just went through the lists: Moe Sucks is currently active again.
Thanks for taking your time!