AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-11, 22:03   Link #21
ScrewySquirrel

Lupin is a chivalrous pervert. The callbacks to Cagliostro should tell us what his relationship with Ami will be like. And she's almost certain not to be around longer than this caper, just like part 4.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 03:25   Link #22
LG-MAX 2.o

taking into account that we are talking about Lupin (anime), Ami may have had other loves in the past.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 13:17   Link #23
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I've watched two episodes of the series and am really enjoying it, I love this Lupin he's love able yet hilarious and bad ass. Seriously, LOL Calling Jigen his lover cracked me up the most. And those stupid punks should never underestimate someone just based on his age, Lupin is the worlds best thief ever and he's 30 man those moves he pulled that was without his gun : )

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 14:48   Link #24
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Me, too. What a brilliant modernization of Lupin. I especially loved that philosophical moment with Ami. The whole tenor of the dialogue just changed gear in an instant.

I looked up the screenwriter, Okouchi Ichiro, who has a very impressive resume. I might make it a point to watch some of his other works from that list. I was impressed with his breadth of genres and the longevity of his career. I watched and enjoyed shows like Angelic Layer with my daughter a dozen years ago. Last year he gave us Princess Principal.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 14:55   Link #25
Nivek von Beldo

Ami have such harsh life, poor girl and that bullet was big.

Loved how Lupin goes for the cut the rope solutions, creative and flashy, as he is.

That was sweep up..and we got Fujiko back..we only lack Zenigata. And that is what come next chapter.

Amazign chapter, this series will be incredible
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 15:48   Link #26
Nivek von Beldo

This Ami is so direct yet miss the point, that was so funny and she learning how life is so strange yet worthy it, how the beat the helicopter showed it

What a Cliffhanger...why now? still seems Zenigata Pride might be on the money....

What an amazing series, waiting next chapter, a week is so long yet so short
Old 2018-04-29, 20:21   Link #27
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

This episode was great, this series keeps you on the edge of your seat even knowing the predictable outcome I mean as if they'd kill Lupin, the series has more episodes to go and yah no. I loved the interactions between the trio, it's always fun to see them team up. Though, how long ago was it when Zenigata decided to go on vacation to capture Lupin? LOL oh well Anime logic.

Also, why do I have a feeling Zenigata is going to be on the run from the government the way it ended?

Next weeks episode, no idea what to think.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 03:02   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Did something happen between Lupin and Fujiko in Part IV or something? Why did he stop drooling after her?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 07:51   Link #29
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did something happen between Lupin and Fujiko in Part IV or something? Why did he stop drooling after her?
He finally open his eyes and see Fujiko for what she is...a hoe.
Old 2018-05-01, 15:04   Link #30
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
He finally open his eyes and see Fujiko for what she is...a hoe.
Yeah their relationship now is more professional friendship

I will not spoil, this week chapter was amazing, seriously just the chapter I alone worth this to be anime of the year, waiting to see what the next arc will bring to us.
Old 2018-05-04, 07:49   Link #31
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What wedding was Fujiko referring to when she said Lupin broke up her wedding? Was it the one at the beginning of Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna or another event?

I love listening to Sawashiro in this show. Her little whispered "Lupin trois" lines during the commercial billboards are so damn sexy, not to mention her performance of "Adieu."

Ami was a great character; I'm sad she's leaving us to go off to boarding school. Maybe Lupin will need her help again in some later episode.
Old 2018-05-04, 08:29   Link #32
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
What wedding was Fujiko referring to when she said Lupin broke up her wedding? Was it the one at the beginning of Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna or another event?

I love listening to Sawashiro in this show. Her little whispered "Lupin trois" lines during the commercial billboards are so damn sexy, not to mention her performance of "Adieu."

Ami was a great character; I'm sad she's leaving us to go off to boarding school. Maybe Lupin will need her help again in some later episode.
Given how the first episode made calls back to the previous series and movies, it might from that fujiko series or other.
Old 2018-05-04, 10:24   Link #33
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Given how the first episode made calls back to the previous series and movies, it might from that fujiko series or other.
I have only watched Yamamoto's installment that I cited. I looked at one or two episodes from the Italian story, but didn't get involved. I was asking in case someone who had seen the other shows, or the original Lupin series, knew what wedding she was talking about.
Old 2018-05-04, 11:09   Link #34
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I have only watched Yamamoto's installment that I cited. I looked at one or two episodes from the Italian story, but didn't get involved. I was asking in case someone who had seen the other shows, or the original Lupin series, knew what wedding she was talking about.
At least in part 4 they did not end up as enemies or something, they were on good terms.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 15:30   Link #35
Nivek von Beldo

So we got Red(pink here) Jacket Lupin for this chapter and that was funny how beat the smart vault.

The difference a genius and a stupid is small..of course it is,.

Wasn't that bad filler...still decent but not that good but was genuinely funny. A retro throwback.

Next chapter will be the start a new chapter...umm the bible in french and art...there a puzzle right here.
Old 2018-05-09, 11:16   Link #36
Uribatake

Ugh, I didn't like this week's episode at all. For a second I wondered if Ichiro Okouchi had been hit it the head too many times to have his brainpower drop down to zero just like Lupin, but it turns out it was assistant director Daisuke Sakou who wrote the script. I hope the other recently announced scriptwriters do a better job.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 11:32   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I didn't like it either. It had nothing to do with the other eps.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 12:26   Link #38
Mister Twit

It was an appropriate throwback to part 3, which is a period that a lot of Lupin fans hated. I don't know why they did it, but it absolutely nailed the aesthetic for better or worse so... yay. At least it's just an intermission piece and not a continuing thing.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 13:57   Link #39
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Hopefully the next throwback is more akin to Part 2, Part 1 seems serious like this season but with a mix of comedy at the second half.
Old 2018-05-10, 14:52   Link #40
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
It was an appropriate throwback to part 3, which is a period that a lot of Lupin fans hated. I don't know why they did it, but it absolutely nailed the aesthetic for better or worse so... yay. At least it's just an intermission piece and not a continuing thing.
I'll admit I've never watched Part 3, but if it's as filled with insultingly dumb plotting and hacky comedy as this throwback episode of Part 5 was, I don't think I'll ever want to check it out.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote