AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 1 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 12.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-12, 06:37   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate 0, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-06-13, 15:23   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's pretty much the development for Maho and it was pretty much a good call there. The timing gives a good emphasis regarding the relationship she had with Kurisu.
Meanwhile, I didn't expect them to put the sergeant cleaner and the sleepover scenes considering they aren't exactly important (and might be seen as a mood breaker), but the time spent on them was alright.

A good setup episode for what comes next.

As minor side notes, I'm a bit uncertain why Okarin would still interact with Amadeus after what Kurisu told him in the anime. It is kind of OOC for him to ignore that kind of warning. Also, it is a bit weird for Amadeus to use the "-san" suffix now. Not sure if she tries to put more distance, because of the world line shift or some mere oversight, although she still used the usual "okabe" with the nullpo part
Old 2018-06-13, 16:47   Link #3
G0rd0

Did anybody get that 2chan joke that Okabe made and also it would have been funny if Okabe called her nerayo again

Last edited by G0rd0; 2018-06-13 at 17:14.
Old 2018-06-13, 17:16   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good development for Maho. She really is a good addition to the cast.

Sergeant cleaner was fun, and Moeka gave us some nice fanservice thanks to Faris. It was a nice change of pace from the depressing stuff.
Old 2018-06-13, 17:49   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly a few laughs is probably necessary since things are likely to remain pretty dark. Although I have to wonder if Kurisu's personal data is entirely necessary. I mean clearly two major countries are getting work done even without that laptop. It might simply speed things up for them if they can get their hands on it.

Good focus for Maho though. Getting closer to Okabe dropping the truth on her. And no doubt we're likely on the road to an emotional outburst if he does reveal things to her. Kurisu could be alive right now if Okabe was willing to get back to it and take his chances on there being a better world line than the two main ones he knows exists.

But regardless if that laptop gets taken that may force his hand. Right now he's trying to make this timeline work and to stop WW3 without time travel. That obviously can't happen for the story to continue.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2018-06-13 at 18:00.
Old 2018-06-13, 19:01   Link #6
HtwoN

Good episode. We got some fanservice, but it was nothing excessive.

Maho got some good character developments. Yeah, it's tough to compare yourself to the tensai hentai shoujo.

Okabe is determined to move on, but can he? In the anime perspective, I think he will be faced with two choices: either trying to prevent WW3 or letting it happen so that "he" can save Kurisu. We will see the return of Houin Kyoma then, maybe.
Old 2018-06-13, 19:49   Link #7
Wandering Soul

Good development on Maho's part. As cute as her crush on Okabe is, it was nice to see the series focus more on her feelings of inferiority towards Kurisu.

I'm confused as to why Okabe continues to interact with Amadeus though. It seems as if he forgot the warning Kurisu gave him. Maybe he was putting up apperances for Maho, but he seemed to be too comfortable talking with someone he has every reason to avoid.
Old 2018-06-13, 20:52   Link #8
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Good development on Maho's part. As cute as her crush on Okabe is, it was nice to see the series focus more on her feelings of inferiority towards Kurisu.

I'm confused as to why Okabe continues to interact with Amadeus though. It seems as if he forgot the warning Kurisu gave him. Maybe he was putting up apperances for Maho, but he seemed to be too comfortable talking with someone he has every reason to avoid.
My take away was that since Amadeus Kurisu didn't respond the same way when he mentioned time travel he thinks he just has to avoid talking with her about time machines to avoid issues.
Old 2018-06-14, 07:30   Link #9
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

How is White Fox so good at conveying emotion?
Old 2018-06-14, 07:42   Link #10
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly a few laughs is probably necessary since things are likely to remain pretty dark. Although I have to wonder if Kurisu's personal data is entirely necessary. I mean clearly two major countries are getting work done even without that laptop. It might simply speed things up for them if they can get their hands on it.
Forewarning: I just watched the SG anime, and have next to no knowledge of games, so I'm probably off.

But I don't think Americans are making major progress. The Russians are essentially in the finishing stages of such a project while Americans are just starting, since the Russians have the access to a prototype design they just need to refine.

I think WWIII breaks out precisely because Americans get desperate once their other methods fail them and they pull the MAD card. They likely stop the Russian project by nuking it flat but that's cold comfort to a world undergoing a complete nuclear exchange.

I feel they are probably betting on the AI being close enough to Kiritsu to figure it out for them, or maybe even to transfer her to the Kiritsu clone looking girl.
But that's just my random guesses.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
Old 2018-06-15, 07:59   Link #11
Marina2

So, some people said they heard the sound of someone walked up the stair near the end of ep. when Okabe told Maho about WW3 things. I went back to watch the ep.and I 'think' I heard it too but I wasn't sure if it part of BGM or not.

Did you guy hear it?
Old 2018-06-15, 12:42   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, some people said they heard the sound of someone walked up the stair near the end of ep. when Okabe told Maho about WW3 things. I went back to watch the ep.and I 'think' I heard it too but I wasn't sure if it part of BGM or not.

Did you guy hear it?
Yes. Not sure if it's Okabe's own steps though
Old 2018-06-15, 17:37   Link #13
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yes. Not sure if it's Okabe's own steps though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

Did you guy hear it?

I rewatched the scene using headphones and the majority of them seem to be his and Maho's.
The only two I'm not entirely sure of
are...
1) the one at the right after he tells her that Kurisu's computer is pandora's box.
This one could be either from a retreating Maho or Okabe stepping up when tightening his grip

2) Yet another one like this shortly before he talks about the sparks of WWIII
Its again Okabe seemingly tightening his grip, but he only seems to move his upper body forward in this, without Maho moving at all, so that one could theoretically come from another person.

If its another person my money would goy to Suzuya who will tell Maho that Okabe can save Kurisu, so she can make him board the time machine.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-06-17, 07:15   Link #14
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Even if she does, fat chance. I wonder if Suzuha even understands why Okarin does not want to go.
Old 2018-06-20, 03:53   Link #15
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Even if she does, fat chance. I wonder if Suzuha even understands why Okarin does not want to go.
She doesn't but Maho will. - The pain of seeing the same person dying over and over again is a bit more apparent to someone who didn't grow up during a world war.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-06-21, 04:44   Link #16
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well there's also the fact that Okarin is absolutely convinced that convergence will insist that either Kurisu or Mayushii dies. There is no best of both worlds.
Closed Thread