AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-14, 09:45   Link #4261
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Summoning events instead of beings? I shudder to imagine the amount of power required to even bring such types of spells into existence, especially Fall of the Gods Instant Armageddon

Though what's with the Types anyway?
That's right, and as Mirian doesn't have such amount of power her summons have limitations (like time and area of effect, thus usually not fully copying the actual event), also there's another issue when the summoning comes closer to perfection (will be mentioned later).

The Types represent the spell's elemental aspects and its general complexity. It will probably get clear as soon as one of the True Form summons is shown in a story.
Old 2007-07-14, 10:06   Link #4262
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, I intend to make it so that Nanoha was trained under him... If canon somehow brings in Nanoha's previous instructor (doubtful), then I'll just make it that Austin was the instructor for that particular one, otherwise, it was Austin who trained her...and indirectly inspire her to push herself to be stronger, stuff, overworking herself, etc...until well...that shit happened.
And that can open up to a lot of conflicting ideas! Interesting.

Quote:
Go ahead. Though understand that he NEVER holds back when training anyone, because no longer a mage and at his old age, he cannot afford to slouch even against rookie mages. Well, Kha's strong so there's no problem there...Just pointing out what would happen if anyone thinks they can let their guard down with the Evil Dirty Instructor...

Actually...Austin's not PHYSICALLY stronger...he's better, but I'm not going to make a non-mage 76 year old stronger than magic-boosted physical strength. He is very strong, but he can't break through iron walls.

He's a street-smart close-combat fighter that adapts to situations. If the enemy is emotional, he'll trash-talk him into making any opening. If the enemy is VERY fast...Sonic Move fast, he covers the surrounding ground with his always-carried dust and gauges the angle and speed of attack to launch a counter-attack, or even sprinkle dirt into their eyes as they rush at full speed. His every attack aims at vital, dangerous spots like eyes, the bone in the middle of the nose, etc while he holds his knuckle out front, to deliver a bone-crushing haymaker. Using surroundings, terrains, enemy's mental condition, his own condition...he'll use ANYTHING to win.

Basically, he's strong even against Belka-powered mages because his experience and mentality allows him to use every trick in the book to win to the point it's almost instinctive. He doesn't need to think of what dirty tricks to pull against a superior enemy, it comes to him naturally and his body moves accordingly, honed from decades of experience.

He doesn't give a shit about knight's honor and stuff. For all he cares, in the battlefield, enemies will sneak, they will cheat and they won't say hello first, and it's only right the good guys...do the same.
I already like this old guy's style. The battle-hardened use all options available type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
That's right, and as Mirian doesn't have such amount of power her summons have limitations (like time and area of effect, thus usually not fully copying the actual event), also there's another issue when the summoning comes closer to perfection (will be mentioned later).

The Types represent the spell's elemental aspects and its general complexity. It will probably get clear as soon as one of the True Form summons is shown in a story.
I see a Serge and Mirian combination attack... Serge could supply some energy if Mirian can use external sources.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-14, 10:14   Link #4263
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I see a Serge and Mirian combination attack... Serge could supply some energy if Mirian can use external sources.
If anyone is going to use external sources that would be Serge himself I guess He can't even afford going all out himself whenever he wishes, not to mention supplying somebody else
Old 2007-07-14, 10:41   Link #4264
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Well, I intend to make it so that Nanoha was trained under him... If canon somehow brings in Nanoha's previous instructor (doubtful), then I'll just make it that Austin was the instructor for that particular one, otherwise, it was Austin who trained her...and indirectly inspire her to push herself to be stronger, stuff, overworking herself, etc...until well...that shit happened.

Go ahead. Though understand that he NEVER holds back when training anyone, because no longer a mage and at his old age, he cannot afford to slouch even against rookie mages. Well, Kha's strong so there's no problem there...Just pointing out what would happen if anyone thinks they can let their guard down with the Evil Dirty Instructor...

Actually...Austin's not PHYSICALLY stronger...he's better, but I'm not going to make a non-mage 76 year old stronger than magic-boosted physical strength. He is very strong, but he can't break through iron walls.

He's a street-smart close-combat fighter that adapts to situations. If the enemy is emotional, he'll trash-talk him into making any opening. If the enemy is VERY fast...Sonic Move fast, he covers the surrounding ground with his always-carried dust and gauges the angle and speed of attack to launch a counter-attack, or even sprinkle dirt into their eyes as they rush at full speed. His every attack aims at vital, dangerous spots like eyes, the bone in the middle of the nose, etc while he holds his knuckle out front, to deliver a bone-crushing haymaker. Using surroundings, terrains, enemy's mental condition, his own condition...he'll use ANYTHING to win.

Basically, he's strong even against Belka-powered mages because his experience and mentality allows him to use every trick in the book to win to the point it's almost instinctive. He doesn't need to think of what dirty tricks to pull against a superior enemy, it comes to him naturally and his body moves accordingly, honed from decades of experience.

He doesn't give a shit about knight's honor and stuff. For all he cares, in the battlefield, enemies will sneak, they will cheat and they won't say hello first, and it's only right the good guys...do the same.
Ouch, nasty, nasty instructor. This guy is brutal. So basically he follows this rule? "Its only cheating if the opponent has an advantage you don't?"
Old 2007-07-14, 10:45   Link #4265
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Ouch, nasty, nasty instructor. This guy is brutal. So basically he follows this rule? "Its only cheating if the opponent has an advantage you don't?"
More like "There's no such thing as cheating in war, only advantages brought by opportunities." Which makes me like the guy already for believing in such a straightforward philosophy

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-14, 11:11   Link #4266
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Unless canon throws some kind of surprise at us

Where did I hit with the Demon Prince? Was something like this in your plans already?

For Fall of the Gods - I really couldn't let Divine magic users always feel themselves more safe than the regular ones
1. That's why I'm waiting for StrikerS to finish. And that's also why Kha has so many alternative pairings. If canon fixes Fate to Nanoha, Carym's the next girl. And if she dies, then Kha is returned to Sophia, which was the case very very very early in Kha's design process. A pimp always hedges his bets, whether he knows it or not, ne?

2. It's similar to one of the "7 Deaths of the Materium" that Kha and the Clerics before him were sent to prevent. He tells no one that info for it's of no use to mortals, and only serves to frighten them.

3. Hmm... I do recall Kha's latest Trace had an AT Field. And a few other defensive tricks.

Kha's a visionary, both literally and figuratively.
Quote:
Yes the life and pride part is from bleach. I need to get Tais to really fight Nanoha seriously and that was the only excuse i have for such a battle.

Kha, sorry to disappoint you. The armour isn't built to counter what you can do. Its built to survive whatever you can throw at it. If you look at it, Tais only got in 2 blows and one of them does nearly zero damage.
1. I loved that part. And I wanted it to have been a quote from the anti-Nanoha, Austin, that Kha repeated. Yeah apart from ripping others' spells off, he rips other people's words without noticing it too.

2. To me, "counter what you can do" and "survive whatever you throw at it" means the same thing. But I just realized that counter also seems to imply reflection as well as survival, which I did not intend to mean here. Oops.

Still, EVA-0X (ehat's Yui's serial again? ) has gained enough upgrades to warrant a place in the Infinite Spell Forge for Kha has Traced all of its defensive capabilities, and hence a complete copy of EVA now resides in the Forge for Kha's use, though with a 2 rank AAA to A nerf when activated outside of the Forge, and would require Sakura to be Unisoned In.
Quote:
To have the Eva Armor in the Vault truly is an honor

~~~~~~

Fits to the C indeed. Although I suddenly get this strange idea for a unison between Ichimoku Ren and Astaroth...

*looks at Mai wielding gigantic Chainsword*

*shivers*
1. Yeap. But a little correction: It's in the Infinite Spell Forge, not the Vault, as Kha has not mastered the Unlimited Imperium Vault. Looks like I need to factor in a description of these 2 Reality Marbles. Good thing the OCs with Eternal Tranquility Garden and Uninhibited Golden Throne, or the remaining 3 Eternal Divine Halls, have not been revealed, otherwise I'm gonna have a confusion on my hands.

Btw, the Belka Reality Marbles can be Traced, with a lot of effort, but it's possible...
Quote:

~~~~~~

1. And that's way we like it!

Is it okay that there's one young mage who perfectly understands his methods and philosophy, as opposed to just his friends "who were in big paper-pushing seats, or dead"?

2. I did not just like him; I agree fully. And this in fact gave me an idea for Kha's young days. This should be around when Kha was 14 years old, just after A's Epilogue. Which means it might have a spot in Point of Light
Spoiler for Blood Session:
I hope I got Austin's characterisation right, despite all the little liberties I've taken in adding things... He's such a tough guy I felt that making him talk so much was a problem.

And yes this was Kha Alexei before Fate and the girls softened him, much to Austin's disgust, I think? Though Keroko's ICB tendencies kept a piece of that alive.
Old 2007-07-14, 11:30   Link #4267
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Hiya guys, sorry for dropping this chunk of Bluecheese but here is my very pathetic attempt at writing a semi-serious "My name is Tais" story.
Spoiler for CSDB observation report:
I think I need to re edit this at a later date and nerf Tais somewhat. I think I over upgraded him. Hmm... Looking at this chunk of trashly writing, I think I'll stick to slip slap humor. What do you guys think?
Well I liked it... Don't see why you're so hard on yourself.... The upgrades are getting a little extreme but they're not in the haxx region yet... I think If he had survived nanoha's SLB then i would be crying nerf....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
- WADDUYUMINBAIDAT?

Trans: What did you mean by that?
-----

Hmm... what to do?

Choices:

1: Rurika's Story
2: Ren Snippets
3: Ash and Subaru Snippets
4: Ashton Awakens to Girls
5: Lost in Elhazard (L3 introduction scene included)
6: The Legacy of the Meisters Yagami, the Armor Suit, the Siegel von Waffeseele and the four terran maidens who use it...
7: More characters
8: I don't know.
Just no sex-crazed characters... please...

I pick 4 or 6 but it's your choice.

Quote:
Another OC this time…unlike before, this is short, since a bulk of his history is for AdmiralS and he is more or less inspired from the apparent Spartan-ness of where Nanoha got herself trained at the Air Force.

CPU Linkage Online...
Initializing Database...
CPC Set All Green. Listing : Generational Gap.
Foundation... Dark Ages... Era of Three... 2nd Generation...
Active Link : 2nd Generation, searching through list...

Spoiler for Who?:

Database End.

Spoiler for Profile:
I really like the character Seems like someone that I would make the BLADES train under sometime..... just need to figure out how to tie him in with my story line... hmmmm

Quote:

I approve of his mentality * thumbs up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
2. I did not just like him; I agree fully. And this in fact gave me an idea for Kha's young days. This should be around when Kha was 14 years old, just after A's Epilogue. Which means it might have a spot in Point of Light
I hope I got Austin's characterisation right, despite all the little liberties I've taken in adding things... He's such a tough guy I felt that making him talk so much was a problem.

And yes this was Kha Alexei before Fate and the girls softened him, much to Austin's disgust, I think? Though Keroko's ICB tendencies kept a piece of that alive.
Looking good Kha...

@thread Part 4 of the Blades v RF6 is about 50% done.... I can post/pm what I have to anyone who wants to read what is done already....
Old 2007-07-14, 11:52   Link #4268
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Is it okay that there's one young mage who perfectly understands his methods and philosophy, as opposed to just his friends "who were in big paper-pushing seats, or dead"?

I'm fine with him having friends who understand him. I was just giving a generalization...It's boring if there's no interaction, right? Just so long as there's not very many, of course.

And while Austin's persona isn't exactly like that... it's almost alright. His speaking style is less "cliche-drill-instructor" though and is a little more subdued and mellow in style. He's also more serious-to-point, but considering this is a one-on-one training, he has a stronger sense of twisted humor when it comes to personal training..so I made some changes overall to his dialogues.

Spoiler for Blood Session NightengaleD:

I fixed Austin's dialogue. Note that he's more comical here, since he's only dealing with Kha alone. He wouldn't crack that much jokes when dealing with groups.

Edit : ~ Oh, and I nearly forgot.

A pic that's perfect for a WHAT-IF scenario for Saga. What if the Lost Pages also had its own Defense Program?

Spoiler for Alternate Saga:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-07-14 at 12:03.
Old 2007-07-14, 12:04   Link #4269
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
1. That's why I'm waiting for StrikerS to finish. And that's also why Kha has so many alternative pairings. If canon fixes Fate to Nanoha, Carym's the next girl. And if she dies, then Kha is returned to Sophia, which was the case very very very early in Kha's design process. A pimp always hedges his bets, whether he knows it or not, ne?

2. It's similar to one of the "7 Deaths of the Materium" that Kha and the Clerics before him were sent to prevent. He tells no one that info for it's of no use to mortals, and only serves to frighten them.

3. Hmm... I do recall Kha's latest Trace had an AT Field. And a few other defensive tricks.

Kha's a visionary, both literally and figuratively. 1. I loved that part. And I wanted it to have been a quote from the anti-Nanoha, Austin, that Kha repeated. Yeah apart from ripping others' spells off, he rips other people's words without noticing it too.

2. To me, "counter what you can do" and "survive whatever you throw at it" means the same thing. But I just realized that counter also seems to imply reflection as well as survival, which I did not intend to mean here. Oops.

Still, EVA-0X (ehat's Yui's serial again? ) has gained enough upgrades to warrant a place in the Infinite Spell Forge for Kha has Traced all of its defensive capabilities, and hence a complete copy of EVA now resides in the Forge for Kha's use, though with a 2 rank AAA to A nerf when activated outside of the Forge, and would require Sakura to be Unisoned In.1. Yeap. But a little correction: It's in the Infinite Spell Forge, not the Vault, as Kha has not mastered the Unlimited Imperium Vault. Looks like I need to factor in a description of these 2 Reality Marbles. Good thing the OCs with Eternal Tranquility Garden and Uninhibited Golden Throne, or the remaining 3 Eternal Divine Halls, have not been revealed, otherwise I'm gonna have a confusion on my hands.

Btw, the Belka Reality Marbles can be Traced, with a lot of effort, but it's possible... 1. And that's way we like it!

Kha da pimp... pity Sophia is your own creation otherwise it would be funny if all the girls become unavailable

Yui has no real serial code. Like the EVA device, she is simply labeled test type. Also, she will refuse to acknowledge being part of the EVA citing that the device itself is too damn ugly.

Ouch! That training session is painful. Getting slammed into a pillar for 152 times and he's still fighting? He sure is stubbon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Well I liked it... Don't see why you're so hard on yourself.... The upgrades are getting a little extreme but they're not in the haxx region yet... I think If he had survived nanoha's SLB then i would be crying nerf....
Actually Tais did survived... barely. Remember that log where Hayate got burned because of her sekuhara habits? This battle happened before that. The harder I am on myself, the more it forces me to write better. One should always write better than one's previous effort.

Edit: I like Nightengale's version way better That was a blast.
Old 2007-07-14, 12:25   Link #4270
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I'm fine with him having friends who understand him. I was just giving a generalization...It's boring if there's no interaction, right? Just so long as there's not very many, of course.

And while Austin's persona isn't exactly like that... it's almost alright. His speaking style is less "cliche-drill-instructor" though and is a little more subdued and mellow in style. He's also more serious-to-point, but considering this is a one-on-one training, he has a stronger sense of twisted humor when it comes to personal training..so I made some changes overall to his dialogues.

I fixed Austin's dialogue. Note that he's more comical here, since he's only dealing with Kha alone. He wouldn't crack that much jokes when dealing with groups.

Edit : ~ Oh, and I nearly forgot.

A pic that's perfect for a WHAT-IF scenario for Saga. What if the Lost Pages also had its own Defense Program?

1. Yeah I used some cliches there to get into his head, but this really help! Tanks! Now the last things I've got to ask is

a) any idea what would Austin teach Kha?
b) where does he intend to stop, or how do you think it stops?
c) how Austin's regarding the Kha now, who's still spouting honorable knight-do, but knowing when to stop?
d) how does he take to being quoted over and over?

@Tshou: Yeah Naruto-ism comes to mind. I crafted Kha to be the missing link between all 3 Aces, and later 4, and so he's the one with the most armor, shields, willpower and target board mentality, and hence sacrificed attack power. He lost even more attack when I realized that he also has to have the speed of the fastest member in order to Intercept properly too. But sometimes... I wonder if a B+ ranked mage can survive getting pounded like that without his device, as Kha decided not to use it seeing that Austin's unarmed.

And if the Infinite Spell Forge is too sick.
Old 2007-07-14, 12:27   Link #4271
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Actually Tais did survived... barely. Remember that log where Hayate got burned because of her sekuhara habits? This battle happened before that. The harder I am on myself, the more it forces me to write better. One should always write better than one's previous effort.

Edit: I like Nightengale's version way better That was a blast.
Oh I meant surviving so that he could still attack back...

Looking back at that post, it makes a lot more sense now

Aah, I see. Well by all means, be hard on yourself then... Just don't take it too far because all of your short fics have been great so far *thumbs up*

@Nightengale, the small changes to it make it better in the characterisation
Old 2007-07-14, 12:33   Link #4272
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Uwaa...Haven't posted in a while...

Well...here's some more of Maren, Koji and Yui's (mis)adventures

Spoiler for Not so Formal Visit - Part 1:

Heh~ a visit to the RF6 HQ
I'm not that knowledgeable of military stuff, so there might be somethings that are incorrect

Anyway, Hayate likes to pick on Koji everytime she's able, as expected from Yui-chan's "teacher"

Need to get a name for the serie...maybe something following the "S" in both season's names, hmmm...BreakerS?

Sorry, no drawings in this one ... I'm not in a mood to draw right now...
And none of the scenes in it seem to require drawing (but even if they don't, I still draw them....)

Well, see you next time

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-07-15 at 08:45.
Old 2007-07-14, 12:48   Link #4273
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
That's just the thing... I don't know
<jaw drops> Sorry, thought you were pulling a Kyon w/ the .

Quote:
Fate: ... That's... amazing... He's built to counter everything we can do! (turns to Kha) Anata! Are you listen--

Kha is staring wide-eyed, nodding rapidly, Whisperscan active.

Fate: Uh... What are you doing?

Kha: (closes eyes and face returns to his usual expression) Trace complete.

Meanwhile, in a galaxy far far away, a power suit crashed into a desert littered with Devices...

In other words, Tais has gained Kha's respect, and imitation is his best complement. Yes I'm wrong! Yay! Never seen this before; I hope I'm not sticking my neck out too far in saying that this looks cute.

@_@

Yeap these Raitobots are Intelligent Devices that can Transform and Unison, hence they call it Combine, at the same time, and Ichimoku being a sword fits to the T, or rather, the C.

I've been waiting to use Subaigar for so long... *cries tears of hotblood*

I wonder if Cardcopter Sakura, the Mode 2 Union level, is too h4xx.
A-NA-TA?!

Quote:
Makes sense. BUT! Did Fate just call Kha 'Anata'?
That's how you call your spouse in Japan!!!
NO WAY!

Quote:
Ahh... Someone caught the hint!

Both don't know that word's significance, other than Shari, Nanoha, Keroko and Hayate said that Fate knew Kha long enough to call him that. Much of Kha and Fate's progress beyond feelings is scripted... like the much younger couple we know of.

A little more trivia for you guys:

For those who noticed it, Kha greets everyone by last names, except those who told him to stop. And Fate used to call Kha "Kha-chan" & Kha used "Fate-chan", but the same Valente Four recommended to both of them that after Year 1 of the relationship they should drop the "-chan", thus ending up with the lack of suffix greetings between the both of them.

I'm just waiting for the chance to upgrade Kha to Anata post-StrikerS. Re: Crystal Locust spells and creatures - I smell Nerubians here.

Re: Phantom Army - Amazing... Someone has read the prophesy?! Synchro again...

Re Fall of the Gods - A specifically anti-divine attack... I'm tempted to say that that's one of the few spells that Kha has no defence against, and probably ends up taking more damage than other mages.

Nice! Now if I add spell lists, I'm sooooo split in many places.
OK, so for reference, Kha calls Arcas by his first name, as does Sakura - although she tends to call him "Arc-tan," much to his annoyance.

<raises hand> I volunteer my skills to upgrade Kha/Fate shippiness!

Quote:
No idea on either. I only read KKJ.
USO DA!

Quote:

Still, EVA-0X (ehat's Yui's serial again? ) has gained enough upgrades to warrant a place in the Infinite Spell Forge for Kha has Traced all of its defensive capabilities, and hence a complete copy of EVA now resides in the Forge for Kha's use, though with a 2 rank AAA to A nerf when activated outside of the Forge, and would require Sakura to be Unisoned In.1. Yeap. But a little correction: It's in the Infinite Spell Forge, not the Vault, as Kha has not mastered the Unlimited Imperium Vault. Looks like I need to factor in a description of these 2 Reality Marbles. Good thing the OCs with Eternal Tranquility Garden and Uninhibited Golden Throne, or the remaining 3 Eternal Divine Halls, have not been revealed, otherwise I'm gonna have a confusion on my hands.

Btw, the Belka Reality Marbles can be Traced, with a lot of effort, but it's possible... 1. And that's way we like it!
Quick questions: Can Arcas possibly have access to one of the remaining places (Tranquility Garden, Golden Throne, Divine Halls)? I do remember you mentioning that he could learn a Reality Marble because of his Device.

And hopefully NxF and Carim dying won't BOTH happen in the series - I could see one, but not the other.

@Everyone: <does best Chandler impression> Oh. My. God.

IS EVERYONE here a guy?! Doesn't ANYONE read shoujo manga?!

<hangs head and sighs>

Alright, I give... Arcas' character model is Sakataki Jin from Tanemura's Time Stranger Kyoko - and therefore, by romantic connection, Mel is Kyoko. I have a pic right here:

Spoiler for Mel:
Old 2007-07-14, 12:58   Link #4274
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Another OC this time…unlike before, this is short, since a bulk of his history is for AdmiralS and he is more or less inspired from the apparent Spartan-ness of where Nanoha got herself trained at the Air Force.

CPU Linkage Online...
Initializing Database...

Spoiler for Who?:

Database End.

Spoiler for Profile:
Kyla: Admiral Abrams? He's the one who taught me the principles of the AX- though i have to make it sound much cleaner than what he says... when I was still in command school- I had to take the fast way and hence he became my Trainer. And another thing... for me it was 1000.

---

@ Reiji:

I knew it... but i didn't want to reply because i was not sure...

"Not another time manipulator"

---

Another Preview:

Spoiler for AlternateS I Side Story: MAR: Midchilda Awakens Romance:

Spoiler for AlternateS II Side Story: Lost in Elhazard: Snippet 1:

Spoiler for AlternateS II Side Story: Lost in Elhazard: Snippet 2:

Spoiler for AlternateS II Side Story: Lost in Elhazard: Snippet 3:

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-07-14 at 13:08.
Old 2007-07-14, 13:18   Link #4275
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Hiya guys, sorry for dropping this chunk of Bluecheese but here is my very pathetic attempt at writing a semi-serious "My name is Tais" story.
Spoiler for CSDB observation report:
~End CSDB Observation Report~[/SPOILER]I think I need to re edit this at a later date and nerf Tais somewhat. I think I over upgraded him. Hmm... Looking at this chunk of trashly writing, I think I'll stick to slip slap humor. What do you guys think?
Hey hey! That was pretty good! The battle was well described and I was imagining all of it perfectly. All those short stories you gave about Tais before have made this scenario, Tais' battle for pride, even better.

If my prideGinga-neesama was at stake, I would definitely go all the way.

And Tais... you deserve Ginga. As much as I want her for myself--

*is shot*

I hope there's a continuation to this!

==========

Quote:

CPU Linkage Online...
Initializing Database...

Spoiler for Who?:

Database End.

Spoiler for Profile:
This is madness! What a nasty old man. I wonder what Nanoha says about this guy!

And to be stronger than any mage in close-combat, even though they're boosted...

Quote:
This fits so perfectly into canon... I'm impressed. Very nice, Nighty. I still wonder what Nanoha says about this evil instructor!

==========

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
As I promised to you, Erio...

oh, wow! These are awesome! Greatness! I'm touched by all three chapters!

Though I'm somewhat bothered when she mentioned "the massacre done by the TSAB". What really happened?
Glad you liked it! It was my first time writing anything similar to this (or even imagining such) So surely I'm glad you guys liked it, as the little story left me with a big smile on my face.

Ah, maybe you forgot I mentioned it in episode 02. Not much is known about it right now, though the incident is a tad bit better explained there.

Thanks for reading.

==========

Quote:
OK, one by one updates are coming A spell list for Mirian:

Spoiler for Combat Capabilities:

I'll update the post with profiles when all OCs will get their lists (and see the comments )
Quote:
Haha. Impressive.
Finally the full list.
What can I say? Her threat rank might as well be X if she goes berserk!
(Strange. How come I don't mind Haxx as much now?)
I like the Eternal Nightfall event. Rain of sorrow is just plain cheating!
(Not that Saint X would really mind. He plows through haxx with even more HAXX!)

In any case, I'll be looking forward to more.
(Any chance of the Fall of Gods ever being seen in OCverse?)
Why, indeed, I wonder...

I really like An Hero's creativity. Summoning of events? That's awesome! Very, very creative there. Serge's Flow Manipulation and AO too... The only problem is that all these things fall into the absolutely overpowered category, compared to Nanohaverse standards. I'm not complaining. Though I personally see it hard to involve Serge and his group into canon material without completely breaking it to pieces. No wonder Serge and them are waiting for Scaglietti to make his move without doing anything. If they do anything, the fate of the universe will completely change!

I'm looking forward for your stories, An Hero.

Quote:

I'm sure she also has one nasty casting cooldown. Maybe one event per day?

If my Gwendolyn learns how to summon events... HOLY SH--!

But certainly I wont try that. Such level of brokeness is beyond me.

==========

Quote:
1. Yeap. But a little correction: It's in the Infinite Spell Forge, not the Vault, as Kha has not mastered the Unlimited Imperium Vault. Looks like I need to factor in a description of these 2 Reality Marbles. Good thing the OCs with Eternal Tranquility Garden and Uninhibited Golden Throne, or the remaining 3 Eternal Divine Halls, have not been revealed, otherwise I'm gonna have a confusion on my hands.

Btw, the Belka Reality Marbles can be Traced, with a lot of effort, but it's possible... [B]\
I'm more confused about Kha now than I ever was before...
Old 2007-07-14, 18:11   Link #4276
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
1. Yeah I used some cliches there to get into his head, but this really help! Tanks! Now the last things I've got to ask is

a) any idea what would Austin teach Kha?
b) where does he intend to stop, or how do you think it stops?
c) how Austin's regarding the Kha now, who's still spouting honorable knight-do, but knowing when to stop?
d) how does he take to being quoted over and over?
a. Tactics, basically. Improving raw close-combat skills (( not power )), the mentality to adapt to changes in the battlefield, etc. Basically, his training is one that test the physical and mental limits of someone. Like I said, a full-course training is basically an entire 48-hours without rest, sleep, or eat (( and he demands the trainees not eat at all the day before )), so it's kinda like you survive, you pass.

b. Austin stops once someone survives and passes his training, regardless doing only so-so or damn good. What's important to Austin is what he learned, and whether or not he'll keep it in mind. Other aspects that lacks can always be self-learned in time.

c. Austin Trivia : Although Austin expects those under him during training to respect his mentality, mindset, and philosophy of training during training, he does not force it on them. For all he cares, once his trainees leave his session, he's free to not follow his philosophy, just so long as his trainees understand it. Basically, he's fine with it so long as they understand that there may be times in the future when they'll need it, and they better be ready for it.

d. Depends... I suppose. He's very receptive to opinions. I'm not quite sure what you meant, but if it's in terms of conversation, then he wouldn't mind. He's heard enough things about himself to get a weaker man to roll in their graves laughing.

@Saint X : Abrams never reached Admiral. His highest rank is Major, when he retired from being a mage-commissioned officer at his 20s. After that, he's stayed an NCO Drill Inspector, still a Major, but with no promotions. He's highly respected among his peer and slightly younger generation, but he won't be among the "heroes" of TSAB hailed in the near future, despite being the catalyst to training elite mages.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-14, 18:50   Link #4277
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Why, indeed, I wonder...

I really like An Hero's creativity. Summoning of events? That's awesome! Very, very creative there. Serge's Flow Manipulation and AO too... The only problem is that all these things fall into the absolutely overpowered category, compared to Nanohaverse standards. I'm not complaining. Though I personally see it hard to involve Serge and his group into canon material without completely breaking it to pieces. No wonder Serge and them are waiting for Scaglietti to make his move without doing anything. If they do anything, the fate of the universe will completely change!

I'm looking forward for your stories, An Hero.

I'm sure she also has one nasty casting cooldown. Maybe one event per day?

If my Gwendolyn learns how to summon events... HOLY SH--!

But certainly I wont try that. Such level of brokeness is beyond me.
Well, I wanted to write something about brokeness right now but I'd rather do it inside the story itself (when I get to the background details). So far only AO (full power) is actually broken (as intended), every regular OC isn't almighty or flawless. I wouldn't say that canon characters are no match for them.

Regarding Mirian - note that if in spell's description stands "spell never cast in True Form" it means she or anybody else really never cast it, so it's not even confirmed what effects it would actually have; True Form of the summons isn't something used regularly, or even occasionally - it's more like an estimate of her theoretical capabilities; only Eternal Nightfall was once cast during the test of Kaleidoscope's Full Drive mode.
Old 2007-07-14, 19:19   Link #4278
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Well, I wanted to write something about brokeness right now but I'd rather do it inside the story itself (when I get to the background details). So far only AO (full power) is actually broken (as intended), every regular OC isn't almighty or flawless. I wouldn't say that canon characters are no match for them.

Regarding Mirian - note that if in spell's description stands "spell never cast in True Form" it means she or anybody else really never cast it, so it's not even confirmed what effects it would actually have; True Form of the summons isn't something used regularly, or even occasionally - it's more like an estimate of her theoretical capabilities; only Eternal Nightfall was once cast during the test of Kaleidoscope's Full Drive mode.
Actually, I wasnt referring to how your characters would fare against canon characters. I was mostly referring to how the current story would be affected if they are even partially involved. Example, if Scaglietti sends hundreds of drones to attack GC, Mirian alone is capable of almost completely nullifying such attack. That's why I said, no wonder they're waiting on the sidelines.

Again, I'm not complaining. I'm actually really impressed at this summoning of events. Very good job coming up with that!

I'll be looking forward to the story.

Oh, and I'd like to clarify, the "brokeness" I was referring to is if my Gwendolyn, who, you know, has unlimited energy, is able to cast Mirian's event summons. THAT is the broken thing I was talking about, not your character.
Old 2007-07-14, 21:28   Link #4279
Aaron008R

Quote:

Quote:
a. Tactics, basically. Improving raw close-combat skills (( not power )), the mentality to adapt to changes in the battlefield, etc. Basically, his training is one that test the physical and mental limits of someone. Like I said, a full-course training is basically an entire 48-hours without rest, sleep, or eat (( and he demands the trainees not eat at all the day before )), so it's kinda like you survive, you pass.

b. Austin stops once someone survives and passes his training, regardless doing only so-so or damn good. What's important to Austin is what he learned, and whether or not he'll keep it in mind. Other aspects that lacks can always be self-learned in time.

c. Austin Trivia : Although Austin expects those under him during training to respect his mentality, mindset, and philosophy of training during training, he does not force it on them. For all he cares, once his trainees leave his session, he's free to not follow his philosophy, just so long as his trainees understand it. Basically, he's fine with it so long as they understand that there may be times in the future when they'll need it, and they better be ready for it.

d. Depends... I suppose. He's very receptive to opinions. I'm not quite sure what you meant, but if it's in terms of conversation, then he wouldn't mind. He's heard enough things about himself to get a weaker man to roll in their graves laughing.
I really like this guy's style! Maybe I can include him as one of the reason of shouta-Aurion's professionalism that led to other's inability to pinpoint his last 'problem' after the Perfect Void incident.(This is to be explained in the final part of Revelations~The Most Important Thing Lost) Would you mind? The old Spectral Enforcers were top elites and trained in all three divisions so that should clear up some inconsistencies. He won't be mentioned, but I'll just make it a point that they knew each other.

Quote:

Awesome... Then, who would be the one to fight this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

I'm not that knowledgeable of military stuff, so there might be somethings that are incorrect

Anyway, Hayate likes to pick on Koji everytime she's able, as expected from Yui-chan's "teacher"

Need to get a name for the serie...maybe something following the "S" in both season's names, hmmm...BreakerS?

And none of the scenes in it seem to require drawing (but even if they don't, I still draw them....)

Well, see you next time
KOJI YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!
No wonder Yui is like that. Having Hayate as a teacher.
By the way, what did Hayate mean by personal experience? Was she playfully flirting with Koji a few years ago just to tease him? That'll be a blast to see!
Maren's dense honesty is also good. I waonder what happens if she sees Signum again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
IS EVERYONE here a guy?! Doesn't ANYONE read shoujo manga?!
I don't have much access to manga in the first place.

Quote:
Spoiler for Mel:
CUTE!!! Really quite fitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

Spoiler for AlternateS I Side Story: MAR: Midchilda Awakens Romance:

Spoiler for AlternateS II Side Story: Lost in Elhazard: Snippet 1:

Spoiler for AlternateS II Side Story: Lost in Elhazard: Snippet 2:

Spoiler for AlternateS II Side Story: Lost in Elhazard: Snippet 3:
Elhazared? This is interesting! This happened after defeating a Viscount, right? X-Buster FTW!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-14, 22:14   Link #4280
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Nighty: Congratz! Austin's an instant sensation, just like Liana was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Well, see you next time
I feel like something's gonna happen during the tour...

And you lucky tasbard Koji! Looks like the Knights and Mistress having been having some fun with ya.
Quote:

@Saint X : Abrams never reached Admiral. His highest rank is Major, when he retired from being a mage-commissioned officer at his 20s. After that, he's stayed an NCO Drill Inspector, still a Major, but with no promotions. He's highly respected among his peer and slightly younger generation, but he won't be among the "heroes" of TSAB hailed in the near future, despite being the catalyst to training elite mages.
*nods at all four points*

Good, great, WONDERFUL! *saves*
Quote:
Ah I see...

Then a word caught my eye.

Kaleidoscope?! I might have missed it in Miriam's profile, but other than it's light-twisting Neutral counterpart, is that Kaleidoscope what I think it is?

*Sophia sneezes*