AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 10:34   Link #141
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG
People, people, people...

It's SO obvious what the ending is going to be.

Makoto will have a dream sequence where all the girls will confront him about his past with his father and his unresolved issues, and then when he realizes what his real problem is, he'll wake up to everyone saying "Congratulations"...

You have to admit, it's possible.
i didn't exactly get which type of any, the consequences and the unresolved issues are...
Ummm... are you familiar with Neon Genesis Evangelion?
Old 2007-09-06, 12:40   Link #142
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm, but i still don't get the reference, and how it can be applied in such different show.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:48   Link #143
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
I'm, but i still don't get the reference, and how it can be applied in such different show.
The ending of that is often considered a Deus Ex Machina, and one could certainly see Makoto being forced, as in that ending, to confront his "inner demons" and then the series ends on a falsely optomistic note.

Basically I was trying to have a little fun with how this could REALLY train wreck, but guess I was a bit too obtuse in my method. Gomen.
Old 2007-09-07, 02:13   Link #144
hipeach

School Days and Sister Princess?!

I've seen this from some Japan bbs
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm971884
so basically the creator of School Days is also the creator of Sister Princess, and Makoto's father is also the father of the 12 girls and main guy of Sister Princess, thus it means the main guy and the 12 girls from Sister Princess are actually brother and sisters to Makoto of School Days

PS: Makoto's father sired his first daughter at grade 4 (10-year old?) and has more than twelve kids at the age of 20, wow!
Old 2007-09-07, 03:06   Link #145
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
I've seen this from some Japan bbs
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm971884
so basically the creator of School Days is also the creator of Sister Princess
Umm... are you sure about that ? The game in the video is Summer Radish 2. It doesn't sound right, but I don't really know the Sister Princess franchise to be sure. If you could provide a source that'd be great.
Old 2007-09-07, 03:58   Link #146
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Umm... are you sure about that ? The game in the video is Summer Radish 2. It doesn't sound right, but I don't really know the Sister Princess franchise to be sure. If you could provide a source that'd be great.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overflow

according to the japan wiki, the guy behind 0verflow was indeed responsible for Sister Princess.

that video contains Rinrin, one of the 12 girls from Sister Princess.
Old 2007-09-07, 10:40   Link #147
Chewy

Quote:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overflow

according to the japan wiki, the guy behind 0verflow was indeed responsible for Sister Princess.

that video contains Rinrin, one of the 12 girls from Sister Princess.
Ah ok, looks like they were contracted to develop it. That's pretty interesting. I thought those comments on the nico video were just joking cause the character looked similiar and had similar names...

Thanks
Old 2007-09-07, 10:40   Link #148
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Actually, all they're saying is that the company behind 0verflow, Stack, was the game developer that was contracted by MediaWorks to develop the Sister Princess game (that was based on the already-running series). The creator of the original concept for Sister Princess did not work for Stack, and a lot of it was created as the result of reader participation too. So, Sister Princess was not based originally on a game, and there's absolutely no connection to School Days or any of the 0verflow mythology.
Old 2007-09-07, 12:17   Link #149
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually, all they're saying is that the company behind 0verflow, Stack, was the game developer that was contracted by MediaWorks to develop the Sister Princess game (that was based on the already-running series). The creator of the original concept for Sister Princess did not work for Stack, and a lot of it was created as the result of reader participation too. So, Sister Princess was not based originally on a game, and there's absolutely no connection to School Days or any of the 0verflow mythology.
well, obviously 0verflow is making a connection. And it's indeed the main guy of 0verflow that's responsible for the Sister Princess game (when he was still in Stack). That does raise the copyright issues, which I'm not sure how they're gonna be handled, since it seems 0verflow is practically making a sequel plot to Sister Princess and including the whole Sister Princess into their own game universe
Old 2007-09-07, 13:12   Link #150
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
well, obviously 0verflow is making a connection. And it's indeed the main guy of 0verflow that's responsible for the Sister Princess game (when he was still in Stack). That does raise the copyright issues, which I'm not sure how they're gonna be handled, since it seems 0verflow is practically making a sequel plot to Sister Princess and including the whole Sister Princess into their own game universe
"Obviously"? You're really making some huge leaps here, but the evidence doesn't support it. First off, the game in that video was released three years ago already (NSFW). Just because one of the characters looks similar, and because 0verflow's parent company was contracted to develop the Sister Princess games, doesn't mean it's affiliated with it at all. There's absolutely no evidence that the game incorporated "the whole Sister Princess into their own game universe". This all sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me. It's not like character designs aren't inspired by other characters and stories all the time, and even more so when there's some shared staff -- maybe they were just big fans of Rinrin? In any case, there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence to support your claim.
Old 2007-09-07, 14:14   Link #151
rg4619

Quote:
You're reading way too much into things. While we can come up with all kinds of fun theories on our own (you can probably do it with countless unrelated products), there's no logical way to suggest a relationship between Sister Princess and Stack's own universe.

[BTW, Stack and 0verflow are practically the same thing. The latter is just a corporate entity/"subsidiary" representing their adult products, so there's only one development operation going on. It's like how there's Aria/August, Acid/age, etc.]
Old 2007-09-08, 04:34   Link #152
hipeach

Quote:
It's not like character designs aren't inspired by other characters and stories all the time, and even more so when there's some shared staff -- maybe they were just big fans of Rinrin? In any case, there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence to support your claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
You're reading way too much into things. While we can come up with all kinds of fun theories on our own (you can probably do it with countless unrelated products), there's no logical way to suggest a relationship between Sister Princess and Stack's own universe.
except in this case Sister Princess and 0verflow are not unrelated. And Rinrin is trying to look for the guy who escaped with the girl, and there "a sister from France", "a sister who likes to invent", etc. and Makoto's father first had more than twelve kids before 20... Do you think ALL of this are just pure coincidence? For me it looks pretty much intentional
Old 2007-09-08, 10:22   Link #153
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
except in this case Sister Princess and 0verflow are not unrelated. And Rinrin is trying to look for the guy who escaped with the girl, and there "a sister from France", "a sister who likes to invent", etc. and Makoto's father first had more than twelve kids before 20... Do you think ALL of this are just pure coincidence? For me it looks pretty much intentional
The stories are unrelated. If anything at all, it's a tongue-in-cheek reference -- sort a *wink, wink, nod, nod*, but nothing more. As rg4619 said, these sorts of things happen all the time, because a lot of the staff working on titles are otaku themselves. If they were actually involved in the title, then it's even more likely. That being said, the list of "coincidences" is very, very small. Frankly, you're grasping at straws, I'm afraid. But hey, of course, believe whatever you'd like; my main issue is simply that speculation and coincidence aren't fact, that's all.
Old 2007-09-08, 11:00   Link #154
hipeach

Quote:
The stories are unrelated. If anything at all, it's a tongue-in-cheek reference -- sort a *wink, wink, nod, nod*, but nothing more. As rg4619 said, these sorts of things happen all the time, because a lot of the staff working on titles are otaku themselves. If they were actually involved in the title, then it's even more likely. That being said, the list of "coincidences" is very, very small. Frankly, you're grasping at straws, I'm afraid. But hey, of course, believe whatever you'd like; my main issue is simply that speculation and coincidence aren't fact, that's all.
nope, I never tried to say it's anything officially canon, however the story can be related depending on how you see it, since you need Wataru to get married and hide away from the other sisters for Rinrin to look for him here.

The list is small? Nope. If it's straws, it's TONS of straws first you have Sister Princess, then you have someone who is known to have more than twelve unnamed kids, one of who turned out looked and named as one of the main girls in Sister Princess, and then she mentioned several sisters that have the same traits as the other girls, and then she wants to find the guy who hid away from her. If anything, I'm 100% sure it's not coincidence. The fact is that 0verflow intentionally pulled the story of SP into their own mythos, but of course they didn't say it out aloud as anything canon, and I never said anything like that anyway.

If you want the facts, then
1: as far as the official words go, Sister Princess and the 0verflow mythos are not related, so far at least. However
2: it's quite obvious the back story of Rinrin in the 0verflow mythos here is the same, or at least very very similar, to Sister Princess, and practically continued a story from it. You can think it as a parallel universe of Sister Princess if you want, but the facts are there.
Old 2007-09-08, 11:56   Link #155
zheny

Quote:

I dunno what you are talking about, but it looks too dubious. i can only think it is a doujinshi or something of that sort. there isn't any "killing" scene except these 3 bad endings.
The game has 21 possible endings, both good and bad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_Days_(game)

i want to see all the ending,

really??? there is only 3 killing scene..... that disappointed me
Old 2007-09-08, 12:10   Link #156
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
first you have Sister Princess, then you have someone who is known to have more than twelve unnamed kids, one of who turned out looked and named as one of the main girls in Sister Princess, and then she mentioned several sisters that have the same traits as the other girls, and then she wants to find the guy who hid away from her. If anything, I'm 100% sure it's not coincidence.
So you're saying that they clearly establish in the game that Rin is the daughter of Tomaru as well? Regardless, even if they included a "rip-off character" in the game and continued the tongue-in-cheek joke by dropping references, as you said, it isn't canon, which was my point to begin with.
Old 2007-09-08, 12:15   Link #157
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheny View Post
The game has 21 possible endings, both good and bad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_Days_(game)

i want to see all the ending,

really??? there is only 3 killing scene..... that disappointed me
yup, there are many happy endings for Makoto, as a game it's not really that different as there are all kinds of happy endings and some bad endings. Just that in this case bad endings are somehow more satisfying than happy endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheny View Post
what made this anime real interesting is the ending. i never see any CG game or anime end this way.
you need to keep in mind that those endings are the bad endings of the game, and it's not really that rare for characters to die in bad endings. However I guess the unique thing here is that for this game, it's the bad endings that makes the game, not the happy endings

Quote:
So you're saying that they clearly establish in the game that Rin is the daughter of Tomaru as well? Regardless, even if they included a "rip-off character" in the game and continued the tongue-in-cheek joke by dropping references, as you said, it isn't canon, which was my point to begin with.
well, at least the Rin in the 0verflow mythos is the daughter of Tomaru. And I would hardly call it jokes, since it basically makes the background story that leads to the game's main story. I guess you can call it that they "ripped" the story and characters from Sister Princess into their own mythos and continued with their own story. Or something like a doujin
Old 2007-09-08, 15:25   Link #158
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
you need to keep in mind that those endings are the bad endings of the game, and it's not really that rare for characters to die in bad endings. However I guess the unique thing here is that for this game, it's the bad endings that makes the game, not the happy endings
Hum ... no offense, but have you actually played the game ? This sounds awfully like the comments i hear from people who have only watched the 3 infamous endings on Youtube or wherever, and then assume this is what the game is all about and go around labeling it as High School romance and Higurashi crossover, which is very far from being the case.
Old 2007-09-09, 04:38   Link #159
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Or maybe BOTH girls go crazy.

While the "Bad Ends" may not necessarily be the "True Ends", the company does know its audience (the video linked above is an actual bonus from the Limited Edition of Summer Days). The masses strongly associate School Days with the "Bad Ends", and it would make sense to make an ULTIMATE "Bad End" for the anime series.

Personally, I am heavily biased in favour of the "Bad Ends" due to my own taste in entertainment (see signature).

Go Kotonoha, Go!

Cheers.
Old 2007-09-09, 05:08   Link #160
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hum ... no offense, but have you actually played the game ? This sounds awfully like the comments i hear from people who have only watched the 3 infamous endings on Youtube or wherever, and then assume this is what the game is all about and go around labeling it as High School romance and Higurashi crossover, which is very far from being the case.
huh? where does Higurashi come in the picture? Nah it's definitely nothing like Higurashi, it's just your run-of-the-mill high school dating sim, and without those, erm, "visually impressive" bad endings, I'd say it will be just another dating sim to be forgotten soon, that's why I say it's the bad endings that makes the game. Okay maybe the fully animated part also contributes to the game's current success. But to be sincere I found the game really lackluster when I played it, I expected something better from such a famous game, but I guess it just got this famous because of those bad endings
Closed Thread