AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-31, 20:54   Link #161
Defiance
The Founder

Isshin is either an ex-taicho or a former member of squad 0 aka th royal guard.
Old 2008-04-11, 15:12   Link #162
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

I'm thinking Isshin is a member of Squad 0, seeing as how his cape had no number....
Old 2008-04-11, 16:39   Link #163
Thrillhouse

Spoiler for SPoiler:

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 2008-04-11 at 16:48. Reason: Forgot about spoiler :/
Old 2008-04-11, 17:16   Link #164
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
One other possibility is that he's this tenth captain thought dead. Isshin probably deserted and changed his name to Kurosaki. However, what's weird is that Urahara aided him in his hiding because of that gigai he gave him, so he had to be around when Urahara was. Playing dead just when Urahara gets the spot light would be pretty weird and wouldn't fit with any time consistency.

The way I see it, the chances of Isshin changing his name after leaving SS are at 90% easy considering nobody knew about Ichigo when he came in and pranced about. So right here, I'm thinking he could be the new captain of the 11th squad that everyone is mentioning. Isshin was the 10th Kenpachi, but unlike Zaraki, he was friendly with the 12th's captain, that being Urahara. Eventually, for whatever reason, he decided to leave SS and go into hiding with Urahara's help, and also changed his name from Kenpachi to Kurosaki to avert attention.

Initially, I thought he would be involved with the 4th squad but because Unohana's been there all along and the good chance of Isshin having been a captain, I'm counting that one out.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:55   Link #165
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
I'm thinking Isshin is a member of Squad 0, seeing as how his cape had no number....
is that even possible? Probably he erased the number, because he is not a captain anymore... and probably there are rules about those captain capes
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2008-04-12, 14:19   Link #166
chocofancy

I think Isshin was a captain after Urahara had left SS 100 years ago (not sure). He might be a member of the noble families. However, Mr.Kubo said Shiba clan is not one of the noble families: Shihoin, Kuchiki, Jidanbou's surname (the giant who guarded the gate) and the forth family (?).

Isshin may changed his surname to be Kurosaki to conceal his real status for some reasons.

The scene that Tousen fought with Kenpachi : Tousen said Zaraki Kenpachi killed the ex-captain so he became the captain of the 11th division. Isshin cannot be the ex-captain of 11th division who was killed by Kenpachi, but It is possible that Isshin was the ex ex-captain of 11th division.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:13   Link #167
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Shiba clan was a noble when Kaien was still alive... after he and his wife died, Shiba clan lost their status....

Spoiler for shiba clan status after Kaien's death:
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2008-04-14, 12:17   Link #168
chocofancy

I got the information that Shiba clan is not the noble families (1 of 4 families) from this

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ight=interview

Quote:
Morita: And the “Four Noble Houses”…?

Question: Kuchiki and Shihouin and…..Shiba?

Kubo: No, not Shiba. When they were around, it was the “Five Nobel Houses”. There are a lot of other ideas I’d like to work on, but I’ll only bring up ones that are really good… You’d only want the best right?
However, I accepted that Shiba clan used to be glorious in the past. (I like Kaien .... he is so attractive)
Old 2008-04-14, 14:45   Link #169
slowmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocofancy View Post
I got the information that Shiba clan is not the noble families (1 of 4 families) from this

That interview is very interesting. So there is still one noble family that we know nothing about at all.
Old 2008-04-14, 15:16   Link #170
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocofancy View Post

However, I accepted that Shiba clan used to be glorious in the past. (I like Kaien .... he is so attractive)
Great interview!!
Old 2008-04-15, 00:43   Link #171
itachi kazuki
The Unknowing Know It All

Just throwing this out but, is it possible that isshin actualy came from the other clan we dont no about?
Old 2008-04-22, 22:16   Link #172
Chochobo

How they returned

I have a theory as to how he got his power back.
Right before Ichigo left to the SS Isshin gave him the good luck charm which Ichigo brought ot the Soul Society which he brought back and came into contact with his dad which is a logical reason to which he got his Shinigami powers back
Old 2008-04-23, 00:57   Link #173
Lythian

I prefer the theory detailing how Ichigo's ineptness of controlling his reitsu caused the reawakening of his father's shinigami powers, which I'm sure someone posted here. I kind of doubt that the charm played any part in the restoration of Isshin's powers, mainly in part to the fact that the charm already saved Kon's ass while he was in Ichigo's body; I'm pretty sure Isshin said something about the charm being intended for Kon, as well.

Actually, to be blunt, that charm theory makes me cry. >=[
Old 2008-07-19, 02:12   Link #174
Chris-Chan

Well I think that Isshin is using the gigai Urahara-san made that sucked a person's reiatsu until they became a normal human so he can be with Ichigo's mommy. Which explains why in chapter 187 urahara said "I hope you don't blame me for the decrease in spiritual pressure"

My personal theory is that Isshin was the 11th division captain in the Turn Back the Pendulum chapters. Therefore he gains the name Kenpachi (which if you didn't know is a name passed down form captains in 11th division) that's why no one knows the name Kurosaki. But the one about men taking women's name is very plausible too. He may also be in one of the Great Houses maybe in Shiba or in another that hasn't been named yet. The Kurosaki=Shiba is very good theory too and also that he's the "diseased" 10th captain in Turn back the Pendulum.

I really don't think Isshin=Kaien or Ichigo= reincarnated Kaien because of Aaroniero who says he's one with Kaien cause he eats the hollow who kills him. And I pretty sure you can't be 2 people at the same time.

Damn this is a long reply Whew >:C

Last edited by Chris-Chan; 2008-07-19 at 02:25.
Old 2008-07-19, 02:33   Link #175
Langus
Optimus Prime

Yeah Isshin as Kenpachi is the best theory I've heard yet. He definitely marches to the beat of his own drum that's for sure. And it's a bit interesting how his white captain's coat and Zaraki's are both sort of torn looking...though that's stretching it I think.

I thought it was rumoured that the current Kenpachi gained his seat by killing the previous one.... I could be completely wrong though. Anyone remember?
Old 2008-07-19, 04:31   Link #176
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

was it said how long Zaraki has been Captain of 11th Squad? it could be feasable that after Isshin left, they got a replacement and the replacement is who Kenpachi killed.
Old 2008-07-19, 07:35   Link #177
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Zaraki killed the last Kenpachi in a duel, remember? So... its not possible for Isshin to be the previous Kenpachi.
Old 2008-07-19, 07:59   Link #178
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Yes I'm well aware of that, but you didn't really answer my question given the theory at hand
Old 2008-07-19, 11:47   Link #179
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
I have a theory as to how he got his power back.
Right before Ichigo left to the SS Isshin gave him the good luck charm which Ichigo brought ot the Soul Society which he brought back and came into contact with his dad which is a logical reason to which he got his Shinigami powers back
That cham never went to SS. it was left with Kon to protect Ichigo's body.

What we know about Isshin
1) he is a captian class shinigami
2) Shinji could not ID him by his powers
3) Urahara treats him with a good deal of respect
4) he has a long history of dealing with the arankaru going back decades
5) He doesn't seem to know the truth about the vizzards but has been looking for them.
6) Rukia is unable to ID him.

#2 pretty much kills any posablity that he was a captain or high seating officer of the 13 divisons when Shinji was captain.
#3 is a bit interesting in that ther are very few people that Urahara is respectful to and may mean that Isshin may be of even higher status then he is.
#5 and 4 are propably the most telling as he is following the SS version on what happend to the Vizzards meaning that he is likely a true agent of SS and not a Sub like Ichigo. since Urahara knows they were truned to hollows against their will it's likely he has gotting his info from the SS reports on what happend.
#6 basicly means that he could not have been a captain 50 or less years ago since as the sister of both a noble and captian she should have met or at least been able to ID them on sight.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-07-19, 17:26   Link #180
Thrillhouse

I simply think hes the division 0 captain and I have a feeling he will be a pivotal role for the win against Aizen.
Closed Thread