AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-27, 09:18   Link #41
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it could be that he already knows what it is. he may have gone to the last island and is just in knowledge of what it is but, did'nt take it/who/ect.... we know roger was a pirate with good morals and it could be that some of them know or have been there and know of what it is. they already found out all the things that they need to find and are now sailing the seas.

i keep having doubts on the fact that one piece is actully tresure. the definition of tresure in one piece differs. like luffy's strawhat is his tresure. it could be that something that was valuble to roger or something he thinks everyone should know about. or something only the strong would be able to handle.

there are a lot of possibilities. it's all speulation at this point. but there is disscussion to be had on if some of the big name pirates know what it is and are content with the knowledge. it does aspire alot of pirates to take the seas and that at this point is enogh to keep the balance of the WG and the pirates.
Old 2008-11-27, 10:21   Link #42
fireportgas

This chapter was awesome!We saw many of all our favorite characters!About One piece well it maybe a little out-of-post but I don't think that even Ao Kiji could go to Raftel just like that!Freeze the sea and go!I mean how difficult it was to go to the sky island and I'm pretty sure that Merman island will be damn too difficult to go!I don't think raftel is something that easy to go!Because if that was like that then people like Pell who had flying zoan DF powers could just fly to the end of the Grand Line,find One piece and claim it for theirselves!I think it's 5 people who have the flyine zoan DF power!So I think that proves that Raftel is something more difficult to reach!
Old 2008-11-27, 12:51   Link #43
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I agree. Animated ministories WOULD be awesome. But sadly, Toei doesn't seem to think so. It's a shame, because I would have love to see the Jango, Wapol and Gedatsu ministories make it into the anime.... oh, well.
Well, iirc they did animate at least two of the ministories: Little Buggy's adventure and Coby & Helmeppo's training under Garp. Shame they didn't continue with it though, there are a couple that I'd really like to see, like the current CP9 ministory.

However, these two were actually ministories that still fit into the story because they involved characters that showed up again later. So this might mean that Hachi's ministory would get animated to show how he ended up in the grand line with his takoyaki stand. Another one that might be useful to animate is the Baroque ministory since it's very probable that Luffy will run into the ones that got sent to Impel Down.
Old 2008-11-27, 13:01   Link #44
marvelB

I'd imagine that Whitebeard isn't the Pirate King yet because there's probably some great secret behind the final island that he has yet to discover. Either that, or he's aware of the treasure's whereabouts but chooses not to take it for himself out of respect for Roger. Both reasons are quite likely, IMO. Still, he's currently the world's most powerful pirate, and is, in Buggy's words, "the one who's closest to the One Piece". So I think it's pretty fitting for him to be knows as the "King of the Sea"....

Oh, and there was another detail I forgot to point from the spoiler summary: It looks like Smoker and Hina have finally reappeared to take part in the war, as well. I actually wonder if Smoker will be guarding Ace in Impel Down? I know he said that he wanted to take down Luffy in the New World, but this could be a good chance for Luffy to try out his newfound Haki abilities on a Logia.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Well, iirc they did animate at least two of the ministories: Little Buggy's adventure and Coby & Helmeppo's training under Garp. Shame they didn't continue with it though, there are a couple that I'd really like to see, like the current CP9 ministory.

However, these two were actually ministories that still fit into the story because they involved characters that showed up again later. So this might mean that Hachi's ministory would get animated to show how he ended up in the grand line with his takoyaki stand. Another one that might be useful to animate is the Baroque ministory since it's very probable that Luffy will run into the ones that got sent to Impel Down.

I still doubt that we'll ever get any more animated ministories.... I mean, the anime skipped the Jango ministory, which told how he became a marine in the first place. I guess they just get skipped because they take away the focus on the Straw-Hats. Maybe we'll get some sort of reference to them, though. Like a brief flashback of how Hachi met Camie, Pappag and the Macro pirates in his ministory, for instance. I just wouldn't expect to see any full episodes that focus on secondary characters, though....

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-11-27 at 13:16.
Old 2008-11-27, 14:03   Link #45
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'd imagine that Whitebeard isn't the Pirate King yet because there's probably some great secret behind the final island that he has yet to discover. Either that, or he's aware of the treasure's whereabouts but chooses not to take it for himself out of respect for Roger. Both reasons are quite likely, IMO. Still, he's currently the world's most powerful pirate, and is, in Buggy's words, "the one who's closest to the One Piece". So I think it's pretty fitting for him to be knows as the "King of the Sea"....
Now that you mention it I do remember Buggy saying that to his crew... That was actually one of the funnier parts of One Piece. That, and when Buggy was in the miner's skull island looking for treasure.
Old 2008-11-27, 16:53   Link #46
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Buggy=failure.
Old 2008-11-27, 21:58   Link #47
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Buggy=failure.
This is wrong.^^^
Old 2008-11-27, 23:22   Link #48
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
This is wrong.^^^
. Oda will show him soon.....and get owned again. With no sign of Haki use.
Old 2008-11-28, 00:51   Link #49
Phenomenal
Banned

Perhaps....But Buggy is still cool.
Old 2008-11-28, 01:07   Link #50
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Buggy is Oda's favorite villain in the series, as well as mine and my friend who actually started me on One Piece.
Old 2008-11-28, 01:34   Link #51
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Buggy is Oda's favorite villain in the series, as well as mine and my friend who actually started me on One Piece.
Did he actually state that?
Old 2008-11-28, 01:40   Link #52
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Did he actually state that?
Yes...admittedly that was a long time ago, so he might have switched villains since then.

That being said, while Buggy is cool and all, he is like the Usopp of the pirate world . We shouldn't really expect great things from him.
Old 2008-11-28, 02:39   Link #53
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yes...admittedly that was a long time ago, so he might have switched villains since then.

That being said, while Buggy is cool and all, he is like the Usopp of the pirate world . We shouldn't really expect great things from him.
Omg! perfect analogy!!
Old 2008-11-28, 13:14   Link #54
Phenomenal
Banned

I'm not gonna lie,
The chapter was pretty lame
Hopefully things get moving next chapter
Old 2008-11-28, 13:27   Link #55
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
It is funny that how Blackbeard's dressing style evolves as much as his reputation
First he was nothing and he was wearing our everyday pirates rip off shirts...
For gaining darkness devil fruit, he started to wear a black coat and some rings...
And now he defeated Ace, he is wearing a hat lol Guess both fame and wealth is enough to compare him with his real life counterpart (except the beard lenght )

I wonder what will it be next? Maybe that infamous "claw/fork" weapon will appear (the one caused Shank's scars) for slaying Whitebeard?
That's something I completely didn't notice, and glad got pointed out to me..

Anyways, I can't believe Mihawks of all people actually came.. I mean.. the guy does whatever he pleases, floating on his small raft.. I guess being threatened to revoke Shitibukai status was enough to lure him out.. either that or he's got his own agenda.

And in the last shot of Luffy, he has such a serious expression while looking at Ace's card.. very befitting imo..
Old 2008-11-28, 14:01   Link #56
Vree

Sanji's gonna flip out to no end once they all meet again. So far,
- Luffy had gone to an island of maidens, made friends with their queen and actually travelled under her clothes
- Brook got an offering of women's panties
- Robin was enslaved and put in chains
- Nami was saved by a (perverted? obviously) old man

He doesn't need an upgrade, he'll just hear about this and the flame of his rage will reach the skies.
*Sanji's rage reached maximum level!*
*Sanji has reached level 100!*
*Sanji learned Burning Heart attack!*
Old 2008-11-28, 14:10   Link #57
Captain Roronoa Zoro

is akainu the big guy with the big sword? O.o
Old 2008-11-28, 14:26   Link #58
-HyugaNeji-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
- Luffy had gone to an island of maidens, made friends with their queen and actually travelled under her clothes

He doesn't need an upgrade, he'll just hear about this and the flame of his rage will reach the skies.
LMFAO!!! I TOTALLY AGREE...haha...
Old 2008-11-28, 14:36   Link #59
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post

Well, He is known as the Fire Knight... So that could be VERY interesting.

I liked that chapter somewhat, especially when we got to see all of the high-powered Marines lining up.

But nothing compares to this...

Spoiler for BROOK:
Old 2008-11-28, 15:13   Link #60
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
feel I may want to ship PeronaXZoro.
knew the shippers would react to the two of them ending up together...
*reads chapter*
... perona apparently took in Zoro, bandaged him up, and has been watching him from bedside, and then argues with him when he wakes up...

oh. god. damn it... worse than i thought
*facepalm*

though speaking of shipping... turns out Luffy getting feed by Boa and enjoying it was all Boa's wishful thinking... few dodged a bullet right there, had me scared for a second... though the panel does make for a pleasing piece of fan art for some =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
is akainu the big guy with the big sword? O.o
No, that's vice Admiral John Giant
Appear once early on to give a speech on justice after Luffy's first bounty, and then again during the buster call ordering the ships and 5 VA's to go to enies lobby

i feel kind of stupid... for some reason, i did not actually expect him to be LITERALLY a giant.... i thought it was just a name =p

there's also the fat guy with the two swords which is vice admiral "i don't like bitter coffee" from Ace's mini arc, who's making a return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
Anyways, I can't believe Mihawks of all people actually came.. I mean.. the guy does whatever he pleases, floating on his small raft.. I guess being threatened to revoke Shitibukai status was enough to lure him out.. either that or he's got his own agenda.
Well, weak marines and bounty hunters could get quite annoying if they were coming after him every now and then

though maybe, considering his own history, maybe his actually looking forward to this upcoming battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
I'm not gonna lie,
The chapter was pretty lame
Hopefully things get moving next chapter
Yes, because good storylines should NOT have an appropriate amount of build up to a great war and the fight of the century, or reveal unexpected twists that people have been wanting to know (where the strawhats landed)

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-11-28 at 15:38.
Closed Thread