AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 21.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-27, 05:35   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:36   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm Currently watching the raws and i'll come back later with my review.

EDIT: I'm back here's my review:

Spoiler for Spoiler for ep 13:

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2008-12-27 at 16:32. Reason: New Information
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 15:36   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...Hmm? I'm not a science freak or anything, so this isn't my specialty, but would the control of vectors allow that amount of dust outside to really cause such a dust explosion?
Vector...? Wasn't it vibration...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_explosion

...No, should I even bother with logic anymore...?

Well... Accelerator's ability in general is... Well, how do I say, full of places to tsukkomi...

---

Well, with no doubt, the episode was better than the previous. Then again, that's because the story managed to move... Yet, if you look at it as a whole, for 20+ minutes, it didn't really get that far, did it? Too much narrations (and plenty of unneeded/unnatural ones)...
Tempo... a problem since this anime began.

However, the animation was at its tops and the action was exciting, so it proved to be enjoyable for the most part. Overall, it was interesting.
And best, it left me laughing at the end with Accelerator's laugh...
How did it go...
Huhuhuhuhu hahahaha ahahahhah heheheheh hyahyahya ahyahyahya... or something like that.

Random notes:

-Accelerator... Well, rather, the author really does come off as a shonen manga maniac at times. Particularly obvious in her narrations, but she really likes using "cool" words... FUJINBAKUHATSU! Totally cool~, isn't it, hahahaha.
Well, it doesn't beat that one time in the first volume of the novel... A bunch of Japanese, and suddenly, she uses some English word instead of a JP word for absolutely no real reason... That was priceless.

-T-O-U-M-A... If you don't shut your preaching mouth, I'm going to use my full power to enter the anime world and obliterate you...
Touma, you're sooo cool. Totally awesome, preaching your great justice. Rather, you don't listen to others, do you? And when they try to tell you their story/thought patterns, you just LOVE to go "URUSEEE" don't you? How about you start feeling that there are more ways to think than just your own? More like, if you want to preach, don't disrespect the other person by telling them to shut up.

-JC Staff... I'm in a bad mood, but you're getting incredibly irritating by spending lots of time on pointless stuff... Use that in Zero no Tsukaima or something, but don't start the episode spending 3-4 minutes on a bath scene with the air characters and have Komoe spend time explaining something pointless to the story.

-Why is the cat alive...

-Why didn't even one beam hit Touma...

-Accelerator can control vectors of the objects he touches, but for some reason, I feel like objects do more than it should with just the vector changing...

Preview: END...

For some reason, next week is taking a break, so the fastest channel that broadcasts this has changed...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-12-27 at 15:57.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 17:11   Link #4
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

13 boring minutes (well, the scene between Mikoto and Touma was nice) and 7 decent minutes, minus the random Misaka flashback fest in the middle of it.

And yeah, from next week on, this is a... Thursday afternoon show, which makes it very late night Wednesday in the states.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 18:27   Link #5
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Hmm? I'm not a science freak or anything, so this isn't my specialty, but would the control of vectors allow that amount of dust outside to really cause such a dust explosion?

Well... Accelerator's ability in general is... Well, how do I say, full of places to tsukkomi...
well since he controls vectors , it is technically possible to cause the dust to head back and forth in vigorously high speeds , or even cause a nuclear explosion to happen since he can split an atom just by being in existance... i think... i mean he controls MOVEMENT of anything .
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 20:40   Link #6
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

The urge to kill accelerator rose x100 in this eps
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 21:09   Link #7
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Particule explosion... just remembered Teostra and Lunastra over there XD

(gotta love Monster Hunter)
ken_FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 21:23   Link #8
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
...spending lots of time on pointless stuff... Use that in Zero no Tsukaima or something....
Hey hey, we all know that ZnT is a steaming pile of sh... but please don't advertise them to screw it up more (though it is hard to believe that they could do more dmage than it was done).

As for this ep... Well it was pretty ok and some parts were actual enjoyable, but I cannot say I am in awe with it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 00:23   Link #9
ReddyRedWolf

Well the talking bit makes sense for Accelerator being the villain and all.

Even he has a weakness for monologuing.

As Kaori has shown before swift long range attacks are a effective strategy for Touma.

It always comes down to reaction time on Touma's part.

But being sociopath and all his tendency to get close for the kill will be his undoing.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:55   Link #10
Mentar
Banned

A comfortable 8 from me. Yes, there were lengths in the episode (the Komoe monologue, except for the utterly hilarious "Another one!" scene from Index-Aisa), but hey - I think this was among the best action animations I've seen for normal TV series lately. And I somehow simply like the cinematographics, alot.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 23:25   Link #11
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Well he does control anything with a vector. So it's probably kinectic friction of those dust particles on each other serving as an ignition source. Also MISAKA could have served as a second possible ignition source (electrostatic discharge) but she wasn't that close.
Old 2008-12-29, 00:05   Link #12
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

His right hand is the Imagine Breaker... but his left hand is the Pimp Hand. I salute you, Touma.

Isn't she just?

The whole third-person-narration gig should have tipped you off, really. Imouto's so cute when she's freaking out.

"You hit me! Not even my father ever hit me!"

Touma didn't have much of a chance of outrunning the cloud, so he should have made a dash straight for Accelerator. Ah, well. I guess he'll just have to suffer being cooked a little. Is Biri Biri going to interfere after all, and screw up Touma's plan? It'll all work out, sure, but nonetheless...
Old 2008-12-29, 03:15   Link #13
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Touma didn't have much of a chance of outrunning the cloud, so he should have made a dash straight for Accelerator. Ah, well. I guess he'll just have to suffer being cooked a little. Is Biri Biri going to interfere after all, and screw up Touma's plan? It'll all work out, sure, but nonetheless...
Well this plan isn't exactly genius as it is. I mean sure if he blocks with his right hand its possible to stop those vector attacks inside his body. But seriously all Accelerator has to do is stand back and launch range moves until Touma dies. He can't stop those things with his right hand so he's really just waiting to get taken down. Guy can increase his speed so punches with the right hand aren't likely to connect as it is. Toss in already being nearly killed by Mikoto and really it seems like this wasn't his greatest plan. I mean sure the overall theory is solid, but wouldn't annihilating the guy have a similar effect? He's already killed a ridiculous amount of clones so I'm not exactly crying over any potential death there.

If it wouldn't hurt the overall plan wouldn't mind Mikoto getting in there. Sure she can't win alone, but does deserve to get some pay back for all thats happened. Besides Touma made her cry so both of them are probably in for it anyways .

Nice that the waking up in her lap scene was put in at the start of this one.
Old 2008-12-29, 04:26   Link #14
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

His right hand is the Imagine Breaker... but his left hand is the Pimp Hand. I salute you, Touma.

Isn't she just?

The whole third-person-narration gig should have tipped you off, really. Imouto's so cute when she's freaking out.

"You hit me! Not even my father ever hit me!"

yea, I didn't quite get the last picture/scene.

Unless Accelerator was using his Vector-moves and Touma just cancelled it, I don't see why would he be so shocked.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 05:26   Link #15
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
yea, I didn't quite get the last picture/scene.

Unless Accelerator was using his Vector-moves and Touma just cancelled it, I don't see why would he be so shocked.
Yes, Accelerator was using his "vector-moves" and Touma just canceled it. You didn't here it? I mean the sound when Touma cancels something.

I think he could have punched Accelerator right in the face when Accelerator was still wtf-ing @ his power being canceled but Touma just stared at him.... (maybe he was still at shock after witnessing Accelerator's power or something)

Anyways, I still enjoyed this episode, so I give it a 10

PS: Touma's harem ftw!
Komoe: A lot of things happened...A lot...
Index: Another one!?
Aisa: That bastard.
Old 2008-12-29, 05:48   Link #16
jwai

For some reason, Eclipse's H264 version of this episode doesn't work terribly well on my PC. Everything gets scrambled, so I made do with the XviD version.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 05:53   Link #17
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
For some reason, Eclipse's H264 version of this episode doesn't work terribly well on my PC. Everything gets scrambled, so I made do with the XviD version.
"Scrambled"?

There haven't been any real changes since last episode, so maybe you should update your CCCP and reboot your computer. More often than not this will fix your problems.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 06:08   Link #18
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
"Scrambled"?

There haven't been any real changes since last episode, so maybe you should update your CCCP and reboot your computer. More often than not this will fix your problems.
Well, that didn't work, but when I did a CRC check on the episode, it didn't match up, which is likely to be the reason why it's borked.

Currently downloading the H264 episode again, and hopefully it will check correctly.

EDIT: Just as I thought. CRC reported correctly this time, and it plays properly now.

Last edited by jwai; 2008-12-29 at 06:34.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 07:08   Link #19
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Yes, Accelerator was using his "vector-moves" and Touma just canceled it. You didn't here it? I mean the sound when Touma cancels something.
Sound? You mean the "pechi" girly sound effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well he does control anything with a vector. So it's probably kinectic friction of those dust particles on each other serving as an ignition source. Also MISAKA could have served as a second possible ignition source (electrostatic discharge) but she wasn't that close.
Fu~n, if you say so. He can only control anything he touches that has a vector, supposedly. I doubt the author even calculated Imouto into her story for an excuse for a dust explosion to happen though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 10:06   Link #20
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Accelerator has "deflect" activated by default, so Touma being able to touch him against his will would be rather unexpected and unsettling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If it wouldn't hurt the overall plan wouldn't mind Mikoto getting in there. Sure she can't win alone, but does deserve to get some pay back for all thats happened.
Wrong plan. The whole reason for Touma going alone and fighting Accelerator alone was because he is a level 0, and him beating Accelerator would show that the latter is really superweak. Then the whole experimental plan would be scrapped. If Biri Biri helps out, then it would just be two level 5's fighting, and "her" victory (it would have to be with Touma's help, of course) would be within the margin of error.

Touma's plan is insanely dangerous; I'm just saying that there's also a risk that whatever she ends up doing will trigger the "margin of error" mindset.