AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 123 45.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 31.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 10.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 6.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.12%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 11:33   Link #241
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well it's not like in western countries there are many women that are 1.80m tall. I'm still of the idea that Battler in the anime is shorter than he was supposed to be.

Old 2009-07-31, 11:40   Link #242
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerccio View Post
May I ask you what an abomination is Beato's voice?
My initial reaction to her voice was that it wasn't what I expected but I really don't know what I expected.
I thought, "hmmm ok, sounds like one of the ladies from Claymore"
Old 2009-07-31, 11:43   Link #243
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:

oh and I never finished the episode
when I heard first line from beato, I shut it down, deleted it and raged
Whoa O_O Caaaaa~lm down XDDDDDD

What where you expecting from Beato's voice?
Old 2009-07-31, 11:46   Link #244
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
My initial reaction to her voice was that it wasn't what I expected but I really don't know what I expected.
I thought, "hmmm ok, sounds like one of the ladies from Claymore"
The character I most associate the VA with is Alicia from ARIA, so I was very surprised at how much deeper her voice was for this roll

It doesn't seem bad though, and I have high hopes for some scenes later in the series!
Old 2009-07-31, 12:03   Link #245
June 1983

Quote:

oh and also, deen is adding stuff as usual...
Spoiler for ep5/EP1 game coparision:

Lame ...

What did you expect her to sound like? I think it's obvious Ryukishi always intended her to have a deep voice. I'm pretty sure the main vocalist in "Happy Maria!" is supposed to be Beato. Ohara is perfect.

edit: Oh, and obviously the character I associate her with is Ichihara Yuko from xxxHOLiC. I guess she's the go-to actress for mysterious witches, kihihihi.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:09   Link #246
urusai

I've loved Ohara's voice ever since she played the role of Layla Hamilton in Kaleido Star. Silky smooth.

She tends to voice a lot of blonde characters...
Old 2009-07-31, 12:10   Link #247
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Lame ...

What did you expect her to sound like? I think it's obvious Ryukishi always intended her to have a deep voice. I'm pretty sure the main vocalist in "Happy Maria!" is supposed to be Beato. Ohara is perfect.

edit: Oh, and obviously the character I associate her with is Ichihara Yuko from xxxHOLiC. I guess she's the go-to actress for mysterious witches, kihihihi.
I liked her voice...though at first, i too was expecting a slightly different voice, perhaps a more "soothing" voice when speaking normally, but goes into the deeper, more evil voice tone when smiling/smirking.

Though watching the episode again, id have to say her voice fits pretty well . So kudos to the seiyuu

edit:

p.s. -> i think beatrice and battler would be so cute together as a couple :X!!! They really need to have an arc where they do, that would be so friggin awesome ahaha

p.p.s -> whats up with the preview for episode 6...is it serious?
Old 2009-07-31, 12:13   Link #248
cerrian

I give this ep a 6/10. I guess the tea scene was suppose to set the stage for Battler's challenge to Beatrice, as well as give us insight to Beatrice's objectives, but in doing so the tea scene sacrificed much of the believability in the characters. Only Beatrice comes out of that scene unscathed and only because we know so little of her at this stage.

The way the characters acted in that tea scene diminishes the horror and sympathy we should feel of the deaths that have occurred and most definitely diminishes it for the deaths to come. I feel it cheapens the value of the tragedies we're suppose to see.

Without the tea scene, I'd give the ep an 8 or 9.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:18   Link #249
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Yes . (well what Beato's saying isn't serious but the animation is)
Old 2009-07-31, 12:21   Link #250
June 1983

Unfortunately for you, the tea scene basically IS the series. That's all I'll say.

Quote:
The narration is not serious, the scenes it shows are. You'll have to wait and see.

edit: ahh, beaten to it
Old 2009-07-31, 12:23   Link #251
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
I give this ep a 6/10. I guess the tea scene was suppose to set the stage for Battler's challenge to Beatrice, as well as give us insight to Beatrice's objectives, but in doing so the tea scene sacrificed much of the believability in the characters. Only Beatrice comes out of that scene unscathed and only because we know so little of her at this stage.

The way the characters acted in that tea scene diminishes the horror and sympathy we should feel of the deaths that have occurred and most definitely diminishes it for the deaths to come. I feel it cheapens the value of the tragedies we're suppose to see.

Without the tea scene, I'd give the ep an 8 or 9.
Shouldn't you infer from the tea party scene that the characters, other than Battler, may have been.. not real? As in, they weren't the people you would normally associate their appearance and names with.

In other words, if the characters in the tea party acted differently than you expected, would that not lead you to the conclusion that they aren't really those characters? Especially after how they all end up.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:27   Link #252
June 1983

^Personally, I never got that from the VN. They are "real", as real as anything is in the meta-World. I think their behavior is pretty understandable considering what they have been through. I can't imagine they are simply illusions, at least considering what they say before their bodies dissolve in the VN (lines which were cut from the anime, of course). I can't imagine why illusions created by Beatrice would beg Battler to defeat the witch.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:29   Link #253
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:

The sad thing is that the only other character i know that ohara voiced was Millay from CG......>.<

It's not THAT bad....i mean her laugh is pretty good IMO
Old 2009-07-31, 12:29   Link #254
urusai

They only start begging when they're disintegrating -- i.e., when the magic is broken. So it's still plausible.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:33   Link #255
sento

Quote:
I guess the tea scene was suppose to set the stage for Battler's challenge to Beatrice, as well as give us insight to Beatrice's objectives, but in doing so the tea scene sacrificed much of the believability in the characters. Only Beatrice comes out of that scene unscathed and only because we know so little of her at this stage.

You got it wrong. Umineko main point is not tragedy, this is not Higurashi.

Umineko's main point is mystery vs fantasy. The stuff revealed in the tea party is Umineko main point.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:42   Link #256
yukito

Quote:
I give this ep a 6/10....
...Without the tea scene, I'd give the ep an 8 or 9.
This is pretty much how I felt when I finished reading episode 1 of the VN. I thought everything until that was amazing, but the tea party pretty much ruined the mood for me.
But. Now that I go back to it I love it. It's just that this is where the series takes a huge turn, but trust me, it's for the better.

I gave this episode 8, because I thought it was "very good", but not quite "excellent". Adaptation wise it was pretty perfect and the voice acting was great, but the visuals and direction we have here are nothing exceptional, but rather something above average. Also the forced fan-service kills the mood pretty effectively. This was definitely the first good episode of the series though and it made me have a little more faith the adaptation.

Edit. Oh yeah. I think Beatrice's VA is perfect for the part. I like the sinister edge in her voice and the fact that she does not sound like a kid.
Old 2009-07-31, 13:04   Link #257
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Yes . (well what Beato's saying isn't serious but the animation is)
Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Unfortunately for you, the tea scene basically IS the series. That's all I'll say.

The narration is not serious, the scenes it shows are. You'll have to wait and see.

edit: ahh, beaten to it

Thanks guys, that explains it haha. I was getting a bit confused by her narration lol. cute
Old 2009-07-31, 13:12   Link #258
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

So!

I decided to do a bit of lolmath now that the first arc is over! Here are the average ratings for each episode of this arc and the overall arc rating, as taken by the average of each episode's rating.

Episode I-I
Total Votes: 249
Average Rating: 7.75

Episode I-II
Total Votes: 202
Average Rating: 7.96

Episode I-III
Total Votes: 176
Average Rating: 8.34

Episode I-IV
Total Votes: 171
Average Rating: 7.89

Episode I-V
Total Votes: 187
Average Rating: 8.94

It seems that in general, the most favorite episode of the arc (or at least the highest rated) was Episode I-V. Not too surprising

The number of votes declined as the series progressed, but seems to have picked back up a bit with the excellence that was Episode I-V.

Here's the rating for the arc as an average of the episodes:

At least DEEN seems to be doing well enough!
Old 2009-07-31, 13:12   Link #259
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

So, according to Beatrice there are six mysteries Battler must explain using human means, correct? The letter, the receipt seal, the room locked with the chain, the deaths in the parlor, Natsuhi's death, and what happened to the other people in Purgatorio (or did she mean what happened when they were alive?). I'll take a shot at it (haven't played the game, just put in an order for it on Tuesday).

Spoiler for Space, and just in case:

Another thought: If a witch really was responsible for everything, then how did she get Maria? Maria still had the scorpion charm, didn't she?
Old 2009-07-31, 13:22   Link #260
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
p.s. -> i think beatrice and battler would be so cute together as a couple :X!!! They really need to have an arc where they do, that would be so friggin awesome ahaha

I dont think Battler would survive the courting. Although Beatrice did say she likes men like him but she said it in a sadist sort of way,like i said before he could be her pet or something. I must admit they did draw Beatrice very beautifully.