AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 7 15.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-12, 06:41   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

So far, this just doesn't have the same bite as the first season's comedy. I can't shake the feeling that they're compromising comedy for the sake of a story that, well, isn't really all that impressive.
Old 2009-04-12, 07:18   Link #22
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
LOL the grudge from suspension bridge last time carried over to this episode

At some point last season, Hayate said Nagi secretly gets the SP to do her shopping at OTome Road... I wonder if Maria has a share in that as well. haha I wouldn't be surprised at all... or is it only concerning Hayate where she has a fujoshi mode? Still, loved how her statement scared the hell out of Nagi and Ayumu Hampster.

Btw, did they completely skip everything on how Hina and Hampster met and became friends? I haven't read the manga, but by the last episode of season 1, I remember going "WTF? have they even met? why are they suddenly buddies?"

Quote:
/me hopes for a Tama themed ED
That would be awsome!

禁則事項です
Old 2009-04-12, 07:21   Link #23
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh shi-! I haven't commented Sonia yet #_#
She's awesome in this episode. Especially that Amen part and the way she behave around money. Lol =))

Old 2009-04-12, 07:27   Link #24
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
btw, is just me or has Tanaka Rie not fully gotten into 'Maria-san mode' yet? She sounded ok in this episode, but last week she sounded a little off... did anyone else think this?

禁則事項です
Old 2009-04-12, 08:15   Link #25
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
LOL the grudge from suspension bridge last time carried over to this episode
Yep, causing Hina to "downgrade" Hayate to Ayasaki-kun too. It will actually matter storywise, and I'm glad that we're NOT having a mere barrage of unconnected fluff eps anymore.

Quote:
Btw, did they completely skip everything on how Hina and Hampster met and became friends? I haven't read the manga, but by the last episode of season 1, I remember going "WTF? have they even met? why are they suddenly buddies?"
They are not. Hina and Ayumu haven't really met so far. This will happen in the much-awaited Valentine Day arc, most likely beginning in ep04 (based on the current pace).
Old 2009-04-12, 09:37   Link #26
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
If Hinagiku didnt exist in the Hayate-verse, id be full on for ayumu, i still wouldnt mind an ayumu pairing, but i just love me some hina-chan

And so, this week Hayate learns the lesson that it is not a good idea to piss hinagiku off.
yep, that scene between hayate and Hinagiku was great. I also love the scene when Maria remembered what Claudius made her do. J.C. Staff is doing an awesome job with this.
Old 2009-04-12, 11:59   Link #27
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
So far, this just doesn't have the same bite as the first season's comedy. I can't shake the feeling that they're compromising comedy for the sake of a story that, well, isn't really all that impressive.
That's sort of the feeling I got at first, but you can't really blame the anime for working with what the manga provides (although they do cut out bits and parts... must go back and reread). The comedic moments though, I feel are nicely timed, so it goes with the flow of the story. We'll just have to see where it goes from here.
Old 2009-04-12, 14:50   Link #28
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
So far, this just doesn't have the same bite as the first season's comedy.
J.C.STAFF != SynergySP. If you've seen both Hayate no Gotoku! and Zettai Karen Children, you could probably see the "bite" that you feel is lacking in the new Hayate.

So far this is definitely better than the ep00 OVA so I can't really complain...
Old 2009-04-12, 15:13   Link #29
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rules of the Tiger's Den for Butlers:
Spoiler:

References:
Hellsing. Sister Fortesia impersonating Father Alexander Anderson's maniacal gleam on her glasses, while delivering *Amen line.
Densha Otoko. Tale about the guy who treated girl with a brand tea onboard a train.
Record of Lodoss War. Katsura Deedlit.
Old 2009-04-12, 19:34   Link #30
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode , it was hilarious with the nun
But it seems she's not the real .
Old 2009-04-13, 00:52   Link #31
stewie0814

Bah, spoilers (havent read them, but having them there is tempting)

Anyways, I'm really enjoying the new season, loved the episode. That one guy in the train kinda reminded me of harima from school rumble, also, the scene with hinagiku and hayate was pretty nice, too bad he gets called by his last name though

Also, hina IS petanko!
Old 2009-04-13, 06:20   Link #32
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I found this episode pretty funny, on par with the first series. Best part is definately angry Hinagiku...

I think they changed from Syngery to J.C Staff because ShoPro wanted Syngery to do Cross Game, which I thought was pretty decent. Syngery can only cope with one fairly well animation long series with a horrid shoujo anime at the same time. J.C staff was the best choice after Syngery...since they are pretty experienced with tsundere loli anime with Kugimiya Rie

If any asked me who's the best seiyuu for the fake-nun before I seen this episode, I would have said Yui Horie, J.C staff have a special love for Yui Horie dont they?
Old 2009-04-13, 11:48   Link #33
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Ten no Koe.. is now officially just a narrator. Nothing more. I'm in despair.

That was. until. Hinagiku in revenge. starts spamming moe in all directions.
Rite. It seems like Hinagiku alone could make me lasts long. Very long.

Horie Yui's long lasted "Urusaiiiiiiiii!!!!" is very satisfiying. Hope te hear more in the future.

There's still a lot of episodes left, I can still hope...

ten no koe, ten no koe, ten no koe, ten no koe, ten no koe, ten no koe, ten no koe, Norio Wakamoto, ten no koe, ten no koe,ten no koe, ten no k..

Old 2009-04-14, 00:56   Link #34
Echoes

This was a very enjoyable episode, more-so than the first, I feel. It had lots of hilarious and cute moments, and it felt more like I was watching the first season again. I'm only the billionth guy to say this, but every scene with Hinagiku is just splendid.

Hellsing references were hilarious too.
Old 2009-04-14, 07:28   Link #35
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
This was a very enjoyable episode, more-so than the first, I feel. It had lots of hilarious and cute moments, and it felt more like I was watching the first season again. I'm only the billionth guy to say this, but every scene with Hinagiku is just splendid.

Hellsing references were hilarious too.
Another sister to add to your avatar

I agree with you, the plot is moving on from the largely introductory first episode, and the jabs are coming back. I'm finally getting the laughs I was having in Season 1.
Old 2009-04-14, 07:37   Link #36
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I can't believe someone manage to get lost in translation ref. .^^;
Perhaps it's just because the people in my place is rare to watch a movie like that, so it strikes me odd when I found someone who knows about it ^^;

Old 2009-04-15, 06:26   Link #37
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I was actually appalled by the fact that Hinagiku is just PURE MOE this episode.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-15, 07:50   Link #38
Chrono Helix

I'm very happy with this ep, the previous one and the OVA failed to make me laugh.
Old 2009-04-15, 08:07   Link #39
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Lol I agree the ova and first episode were okei, but not that funny but I just loved the comment Maria made in this episode that instead of him being seduced woman, there is also a chance of him being seduced by a man lol.

But does anyone know how many episodes season 2 will have?
Old 2009-04-15, 20:41   Link #40
xellos2099

Hopefully at least 52.
Closed Thread