AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-05-24, 00:21   Link #681
Hakai

Underwhelming season finale, don't know why I expected anything better.
Old 2017-05-24, 02:30   Link #682
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, it was kind of meh. S1 is still the best, with S2 behind it and now S3. I really hope Flash isn't on a downward trajectory though .

Just felt like a pretty weak cop out to have HR get killed for Iris. Oh look a disposable Wells so we can have a different one show up next season. I'm still not buying Earth-2 Wells sticking around for too long.

Not that I dislike Iris, but it would have been a bold move to kill her. Instead they take the easy way out and kill someone that no one even liked.

In the end credit to them for at least making Flashpoint matter. Barry has to take some punishment for his actions. Though I'm sure he'll be out by episode 2 of Season 4 at the latest.
Old 2017-05-24, 09:17   Link #683
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was so underwhelming. For starters, serious lack of balls not killing Iris or anybody else from the main cast apart from the disposable Wells of the season (I actually liked HR though, for how different he was from previous Wellses). Barry trying to redeem Savitar without actually thinking any of it through was pretty funny. I can understand why Savitar was pissed. He could have just told him they'd send him to a new earth with no Flash where he could have a fresh start. I'm sure there are plenty of Earths similar to this one with an Iris around as a bonus.

Barry phasing through Savitar's armor was pretty bullshit, no way such a complex armor isn't protected against that. It also means he could have Reverse Flash'd him during earlier fights. And why did he destroy it once he gained control of it? That armor would have been super useful against future villains! Well, let's just say he was afraid Savitar would take control of it again (he totally could and should have since he's been shown to be able to remote control it).

The cliffhanger this time was really lame, since we all know Barry will be back within two episodes of next season.

I guess the villain for next season will be that Devoe guy that kept being mentioned. I hope he's not a speedster again (haven't looked him up).
Old 2017-05-24, 09:24   Link #684
foxbox360
New Age Badass

The thinker for season 4 villian ???
Old 2017-05-24, 10:01   Link #685
Wandering Soul

Got to agree that it was pretty underwhelming. I don't really hate Iris, but they pretty much got rid of the most disposable member of the cast in her place and didn't really take any risks.

The cliffhanger doesn't mean much to me since Barry will probably be out in 2 episodes. If they actually follow in the footsteps of the comics and just Wally take over as the protagonist for an extended period of time, I'll actually be surprised.
Old 2017-05-24, 16:32   Link #686
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
The thinker for season 4 villian ???
That's pretty much what viewers have been thinking since the Abra Kadabra episode.
Old 2017-05-24, 18:11   Link #687
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the ending was very sudden. "hey, i delivered the wedding save the dates!" => "hey, i need to repent for my actions"

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 00:26   Link #688
Hakai

I can't @ them celebrating Iris' future while my man H.R just died, poor Tracy

This season really made me lose a lot of respect for team flash, for various reasons.
Old 2017-05-25, 00:42   Link #689
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

A lot of things were really abrupt. I mean HR died, they won the day, had a funeral for HR and they are suddenly moving onto giggling and marriage. "We shouldn't be laughing." No, you really shouldn't. What the heck guys...

I didn't even like HR and found that tasteless.

Also kind of agree it was downright lazy that Barry could phase through that armor. If that was possible why would Savitar install such a slow feature to open it up each time he got out? Also he had centuries to plan for this and he didn't consider that possibility? Though I guess it isn't that surprising since Savitar is kind of stupid. He didn't even consider the Cisco would make the bazooka do anything besides what he told him to. There'd be no way to find out what he did to it until after it was fired at him. That threat only would mean Cisco had to visibly do something with the bazooka.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2017-05-25 at 01:21.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 12:13   Link #690
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

In the end, it just proves Savitar really was Barry. Evil doesn't suddenly make you smart.
Old 2017-10-12, 11:23   Link #691
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well the Flash is back...Not sure if this season will improve on what went wrong in Season 3.

As expected they couldn't go very long at all without immediately bringing Barry back. Wally apparently can't handle fighting a robot samurai and Barry comes out of the speed force insane. Or maybe. I suppose they could do something clever and make it so this isn't really Barry and he's still in the speed force. It'd make more sense than being able to trick the speed force with such a silly plan.

But hey, let's see how this goes. At least they are actually making Barry the fastest man alive for once. And since this villain shouldn't be a speedster...he might actually get to hang onto that title .
Old 2017-10-12, 11:30   Link #692
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But hey, let's see how this goes. At least they are actually making Barry the fastest man alive for once. And since this villain shouldn't be a speedster...he might actually get to hang onto that title .
I thought the exact same thing watching this episode
It was particularly bad last season when both the villain and Wally were faster than him. Now it seems like he'll be the uncontested fastest man alive for quite some time.

I'm pretty sure that's the real Barry, but that the things he wrote and was trying to say before he went back to normal were actually important. And obviously, it wasn't "this house is bitchin'".
Old 2017-10-12, 19:29   Link #693
Wandering Soul

One episode into the season and Barry is already back. It's not like I really expected him to stay there forever, but that was a prime opprunity to give Wally some of the spotlight and get some growth out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, it's nice that they'll at least let him hold onto that title for one season. That is, unless anything unexpected happens during the season.
Old 2017-10-13, 11:59   Link #694
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
One episode into the season and Barry is already back. It's not like I really expected him to stay there forever, but that was a prime opprunity to give Wally some of the spotlight and get some growth out of it.
I didn't like what they did with Wally here. They made him look rather incompetent. He's supposed to be faster than Barry used to be, yet Iris mentioned he only caught one third of the villains he encountered in the past six months, and that was with Cisco's active support too. They made it sound like everything would have been fine with Barry there. Personally, I think what they were really lacking is a Wells and a Caitlin.

And what happened with Jesse? Hadn't she decided to stay with Wally, only going to Earth 3 temporarily to hide from Savitar and fill in for Jay? I hope she hasn't been written off of the series.
Old 2017-10-13, 16:23   Link #695
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And what happened with Jesse? Hadn't she decided to stay with Wally, only going to Earth 3 temporarily to hide from Savitar and fill in for Jay? I hope she hasn't been written off of the series.
Spoiler for Season 4:
Old 2017-10-13, 18:48   Link #696
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the info.
Old 2017-10-25, 13:11   Link #697
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nobody noticed Wally was gone during the big crisis, and neither did I

They've effectively written off every speedsters besides Barry. It sucks, because I really wanted to see Barry properly team up with Wally (they were too focused on the Savitar threat to really become bros in the last season). I know he'll come back, but I'm not so sure about Jesse. She's definitely not becoming a regular in any case, since they had her form her own team on her Earth.

At least we got Harry back, and he might stay for good this time. Always felt he belonged here more than on Earth 2.
Old 2017-10-25, 15:49   Link #698
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They've effectively written off every speedsters besides Barry. It sucks, because I really wanted to see Barry properly team up with Wally (they were too focused on the Savitar threat to really become bros in the last season). I know he'll come back, but I'm not so sure about Jesse. She's definitely not becoming a regular in any case, since they had her form her own team on her Earth.
Oh yeah, we can probably expect Wally to return, especially given the fan speculation that
Spoiler for Arrowverse:
As for Jessie, with her actress being busy with other projects, it will probably be a long time before we see her again (if she does show up again).
Old 2017-10-25, 21:15   Link #699
Wandering Soul

It's probably for the best that they got rid of Wally. The first two episodes made it clear that writers didn't know what to do with him.
Old 2017-10-26, 12:04   Link #700
Blaat

Poor Wally, guy can't catch a break in any continuity.

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel