AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2004-10-29, 07:23   Link #61
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Another thing I did notice too is that the audio during that transformation scene on the raw I have of episode one is exceptionally nice.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 22:38   Link #62
bluemist
i am the mist

I saw episode 5 screencaps and it has LOADS of fanservice.

Mahou shoujo no more?

And different kinds of animation again.
Old 2004-10-29, 23:26   Link #63
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanna
Why the hell did you watch the show then? I'd say it's more of your own fault than theirs. If you don't want to see it, turn it off.
i didn't
I was responding to the comments of other people on this thread, trying to find out whether i should watch this series or not, so i was reading the comments before watching it!
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 02:09   Link #64
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
I saw episode 5 screencaps and it has LOADS of fanservice.

Mahou shoujo no more?

And different kinds of animation again.
Oh whee. The mandatory bathhouse sequence. Guess it had to happen sometime....

I still say the show's story has been really good for the first four eps, I wish more would get fansubbed soon so people can judge it by the story, not just by the fan service stuff (heck, ep 2 had NO henshin sequence in it at all nor any fanservice that I can recall at least). Still, I admit to being a little dissapointed that they would do this when they have only 13 episodes to run the show in...hopefully the episode isn't totally subverted, at least....I'll watch episode 5 with a little anxiety now.

Anyway, like I said earlier, it's a shounen mahou shoujo series, like it or not. It's not like exposure to some sentou scenes is going to sap all the magic out of Nanoha (I hope not, at least!!).
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 07:38   Link #65
soloista

Hi there, and sorry to be on such short notice, but I need pics of Fate's wand taken from various angles.
soloista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 11:42   Link #66
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
yes. nanoha seems to be a cream of the crop mahou shojo (most of the times these shows are like a train wrech waiting to happen), but i must admit this one has potential.

Of course, the best anime ever, and prolly the only mahou shojo i'll ever see, is Ojamajo doremi with it's 200+ episodes of awesomeness

I agree all the way and I agree with Doremi! WOOT

I don't understand why people compare cardcaptor sakura to this anime they aren't that similar 0_o
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 12:15   Link #67
Rotweiler

My problem comes from the fact that this is a show that is built around a 9 years old character and yet targeted to lecherous, horny older men, thus the late night time slot. If the target market was teens and kids alike, I can sort of ignore the fanservice. But as it is, the idea just squick me too much to enjoy it. I was trying it in the hope of finding something along the lines of CCS or Princess Tutu. But this is definitely not in the same category as CCS, let alone Princess Tutu.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 16:27   Link #68
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Let me point this out as the translator for Triad as this series, I picked this series out of the fact it was a Mahou Shoujo show, and that it was a spin-off off of Triangle Hearts. People like Momotato Daioh go for the more ecchi screenshots in the episodes and post them on their websites showing it off because some people like that kind of stuff. Yes there is a naked transformation sequence in Nanoha. Yes there are RARE, might I bold out RARE panty shots and such that appear, but other than that, the plot of this show is truly something as is the artwork. For the beginning parts of episode 5, since they go to hot springs, yes, there's of course some ecchiness, but not much. The plot that they have going in this series beneath all of that when they don't do that is keeping me going. It's so intense and with Fate's character adding in so much more, the series just keeps on getting better and better. I cannot wait for episode 6 and for those of you who drop this because of the little fanservice and the naked transformation, I pity you for missing out on such a great series. Just my two cents. I hope some of you turn your heads now.

Edit: P.S. By the way, for those who are waiting for the next episodes and the good plot to come in them, 2-3 should be out very shortly. Hopefully within this upcoming week. 4 and 5 soon after I hope~
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 17:08   Link #69
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Let me point this out as the translator for Triad as this series, I picked this series out of the fact it was a Mahou Shoujo show, and that it was a spin-off off of Triangle Hearts. People like Momotato Daioh go for the more ecchi screenshots in the episodes and post them on their websites showing it off because some people like that kind of stuff. Yes there is a naked transformation sequence in Nanoha. Yes there are RARE, might I bold out RARE panty shots and such that appear, but other than that, the plot of this show is truly something as is the artwork. For the beginning parts of episode 5, since they go to hot springs, yes, there's of course some ecchiness, but not much. The plot that they have going in this series beneath all of that when they don't do that is keeping me going. It's so intense and with Fate's character adding in so much more, the series just keeps on getting better and better. I cannot wait for episode 6 and for those of you who drop this because of the little fanservice and the naked transformation, I pity you for missing out on such a great series. Just my two cents. I hope some of you turn your heads now.

Edit: P.S. By the way, for those who are waiting for the next episodes and the good plot to come in them, 2-3 should be out very shortly. Hopefully within this upcoming week. 4 and 5 soon after I hope~
EXCELLENT news, thanks Dragosmore, and for your support of the show and hard work. I just watched epsiode 5 also (which I goofed on, it's a ryokan's onsen sequence, not a sentou), and the Momotato screencaps take place over a really, really short set of cuts that are more about Yuno's amusing predicament, is all. Again it wasn't the focus of the episode (which again also eliminated Nanoha's henshin sequence--perhaps they have a fanservice quota, lol) which was actually yet another rather well-plotted epsiode.

The animation eccentricities in this were overstated...there's some lower budget animation in this one, but it's nothing very drastic. No more of the higher frame rate stuff with the secondary animation that I've noticed, as yet.

One thing I DID feel was out of character for the show though is the character of Aleph, who seems a bit too much more like a buxom shoujo anime character and a little arbitrary. But that's just a minor gripe.

I do think Bluemist's blogpost had the perfect description for this kind of series though, as a "bishoujo mahou shoujo series"...with both the positive and negative things that implies. :/ But the story is really, really good, IMHO, I've been looking for a mahou shoujo series to go this kind of direction since, well, I don't know, maybe Rayearth, I think.
Old 2004-10-30, 17:43   Link #70
Dragosmore
Translator

Well, there's a lot more to Arf (Named Arf because well... she's a dog familiar no matter how you look at it :P) then just her sexy cool human form. You find out in the episode she's Fate's familiar that she made and she basically serves her. Why Fate's mother wants the Lost Logias (jewel seeds) is still unknown, but because her mother wants them, she will gather them~ I dunno, Arf is a pretty cool character. Looks cooler and stronger than Yuuno despite they could fight each other equally in the ep ;o...
Old 2004-10-31, 02:03   Link #71
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Well, there's a lot more to Arf (Named Arf because well... she's a dog familiar no matter how you look at it :P) then just her sexy cool human form. You find out in the episode she's Fate's familiar that she made and she basically serves her. Why Fate's mother wants the Lost Logias (jewel seeds) is still unknown, but because her mother wants them, she will gather them~ I dunno, Arf is a pretty cool character. Looks cooler and stronger than Yuuno despite they could fight each other equally in the ep ;o...
Ah, you're right, I misheard it as "a-re-fu" not a "a-ru-fu", but the credits clarify that. I do like Arf's familiar form, actually. I suspect some of the dialogue I missed mighy make me like her more. I can understand a good chunk (which is why I watch the raws, and I can add to my vocab as I go), but some of the more involved discussions can leave me behind...

I do hope the series leads into the backstory and Yuuno's world a decent amount. I like the techno-magical motifs.
Old 2004-10-31, 20:17   Link #72
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
no this series is NOT cardcaptors hehe there is not panty shots on the CCS series
hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I agree all the way and I agree with Doremi! WOOT

I don't understand why people compare cardcaptor sakura to this anime they aren't that similar 0_o
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 19:36   Link #73
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Darnit. Grabbed episode 5's raw from Winny and wound up with an error at 55%. The error itself was a 55. Due to all the number 5's involved I blame poltergeists.

Oh, well. Triad, it's up to you guys now. God bless.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 20:32   Link #74
Dragosmore
Translator

No worries about that. All of Nanoha will be released by us, especially considering all the eps are t/led so far
Old 2004-11-02, 20:44   Link #75
aceleader

Quote:
As someone who works on these episodes, dont exactly count on drago's 'estimates'. They're usually off, alot.
aceleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 19:35   Link #76
Dragosmore
Translator

And there you are! episode 2 is out. For all of those who watched it for fanservice, watch this episode and see the plot really begin to unfold. So good :P
Old 2004-11-03, 20:25   Link #77
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

Get it while it's hot!

Kanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 21:15   Link #78
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

I really loved this epsiode when I saw it raw...look forward to the sub. I particularly like the way that Nanoha can
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-04, 05:13   Link #79
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
And there you are! episode 2 is out. For all of those who watched it for fanservice, watch this episode and see the plot really begin to unfold. So good :P
Yess! Oh, yess!!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 23:06   Link #80
bluemist
i am the mist

Just watched episode 2. Thanks to the Triad guys!

It's nice! The animation is now a bit consistent, and the 'instant big plot' giveaway assures more plot twists and turns.

And Nanoha is just as cute as Sakura (oof don't compare... don't compare...)